As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Oh I have a ton of fun just dicking around the world, trying to climb stuff or looking for out of the way weird object formations and throwing elements at them to see what they trigger. It’s like 90% of my play time.

This is the first time I’ve really focused on having a goal beyond ‘level my team, play the story, do random shit’.

-Loki- on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    There's also a point where you've got enough of a team you can just choose not to engage with gearing for a while and not care. The game has very little power creep, you can still break content in half with characters from launch.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If you're just looking to do BP completion, a lot of tasks don't need to have resin spent on them. You can just fight the bosses and not collect the reward. This goes for the trounce domain bosses too. And if you're looking for a super quick way to blow through 15 domains, the Spiral Abyss counts, you can just do lv 1 over and over. You can also do leylines and not collect, but if you don't collect then they don't refresh until the next day. There's 2 leylines in each region, so I think that's a current total of 8 a day if you don't get the reward.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Not… not collect loot? What kind of suggestion is that :tongue:

I’ll keep all that in mind.

-Loki- on
  • Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Also, remember you don't need to complete all the weekly tasks to hit the 10,000 xp weekly limit. And you don't need to hit the limit every week to complete the pass before it ends.

I don't think I've done leylines or built furniture in months and still finish the pass comfortably. Just don't spread yourself too thin.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
    Yeah I think I just need to figure out a more routine way of doing stuff.

I was working from home the last few days and had time here and there to do stuff so I didn’t have full resin on each daily reset, which probably caused a few uses of fragile resin.

I should probably set aside certain days for domains I need materials from and days for bosses and days for ley lines.

• GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Noelle is not particularly good at healing - I'd run Barbara over her for that.

For general purposes sure, but specifically from that limited selection with the XQ/Tigger/Lisa team I think Noelle's going to work a little better than Barbara. Barbara heals can be kind of overkill even without the double hydro resonance, the self-hydro can bite you on occasion, and without the clam set or a support pyro/electro summon like Oz or Guoba, you're basically only bringing her on field to heal.

Noelle has a claymore, too, which is good for a lot of overworld utility and especially in Liyue, not only for the geo shields but also for the handful of trials that put up breakable elemental buff totems, which are extremely annoying and difficult to put down without a claymore or some alternate source of smashing damage.

• Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    The usual BP rotation is Start to do tasks -> realize you're going to hit the weekly limit doing X amount of the tasks -> Ignore the other tasks and live in an Artifact Domain with all your resin -> New Week -> Start from one again. There are enough things usually that if you do your dailies every day and a good handful of the Weekly tasks, you'll hit the weekly limit easily with things left on the list that you didn't get to. And ultimately, that's where you'll end up with at the end of the BP as well, for the last couple weeks that it runs when you have no ability to advance it any further because it's maxed already.

Do note that the final section of tasks, where there's event stuff, spiral abyss and wishing ones, don't count toward your weekly limit. So that also helps you get to the end with plenty of time to spare. And again, once you've hit limits, your resin is yours to do with it whatever you wish. It's never not worth it to just go whole hog at an Artifact Domain because if you don't get anything, you always have another chance with strongboxing whatever you get and it's always going to take way longer to do than farming talent books/ascension materials.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Also, remember you don't need to complete all the weekly tasks to hit the 10,000 xp weekly limit. And you don't need to hit the limit every week to complete the pass before it ends.

I don't think I've done leylines or built furniture in months and still finish the pass comfortably. Just don't spread yourself too thin.

But the furniture is like the 3rd easiest after cooking some meals and hitting up the blacksmith once a week

steam_sig.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

But the furniture is like the 3rd easiest after cooking some meals and hitting up the blacksmith once a week

Yeah but you're likely to max out your weekly total anyway,

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Seems I can't get some character cards until I finish Inazuma quests. Currently running Kaeya/Sucrose/Fatui Pyro as my team and having the deck revolve around Fast Action swaps between characters to get elements on the opponent with either Kaeya (his Burst) or Pyro and then Swirl the hell out of everyone with Sucrose. And while that's going on Pyro builds up his two energy Burst that basically deletes a character card if it triggers an elemental reaction. Even if it doesn't it does a huge chunk of damage.

Saving these vouchers I'm getting for L2D skins on the cards until I figure out which ones I'll really want to be using.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    Hey folks it's me again! Since I can't seem to make my own decisions, I come to you my advisors. I was told not to use Billet's until later on. How later should I wait? I can currently craft: Prototype Rancour, Iron Sting, Prototype Archaic, Whiteblind, Prototype Amber, or Mappa Mare.
    All the others I haven't bought the billet's yet.

50433.png?1708759015
    Iron Sting is the best sword for Kazuha unless you have his 5*. It's also kinda ugly, and we'll be getting a weapon that is almost as good from an upcoming event, though some people think it's uglier. I think it looks rad, whatever.

Prototype Archaic is good for Razor, though I prefer the ice claymore for him. Also good for Diluc and Chongyun.

Prototype Rancour is a good weapon for physical Keqing builds. Also alright for Bennett, but there are better choices.

Mappa Mare is f2p BiS for Nahida.

Whiteblind is great on Noelle, and I use it on Itto.

Prototype Amber is excellent on Barbara.

Ultimately, it depends on who you want a weapon for. The are other weapons you will be able to craft later that may be more useful.

Banzai5150 wrote: »
    Hey folks it's me again! Since I can't seem to make my own decisions, I come to you my advisors. I was told not to use Billet's until later on. How later should I wait? I can currently craft: Prototype Rancour, Iron Sting, Prototype Archaic, Whiteblind, Prototype Amber, or Mappa Mare.
    All the others I haven't bought the billet's yet.

First, find whoever told you not to use billets and punch them. There is literally no reason to hold onto the things except if you're already lined up waiting for a new continent to open. A 4* weapon is a pretty big deal in the early game; the only thing really holding you back from making and using a billet weapon is that you might not have found the Liyue weapon domain yet, since for some reason in the early game they thought it'd be a fun time if all the generic gacha 4* weapons came from Mondstadt and all the ones you could craft came from Liyue. Anyway here's the two starter alternatives for each weapon type; the one you might want first is italicized. (assuming the XQ/Tigger/Lisa/Noelle setup)

Iron Sting: an elemental mastery stat stick. If you like it because you do reactions, you really like it. Prioritized here just because it's a different weapon though, XQ is better sticking with Fav and some people swear by Sac Sword on him since his skill cooldown is so long. Not bad on Traveler, but kind of wasted on Geo Traveler who you'll be using for most of Liyue.
    Prototype Rancour: I don't always use straight sword auto-attacks, but when I do.... Kaeya's not bad for this one because he's most likely to be involved in superconduct and his normals are solid.
    Whiteblind: Noelllllllllle~ ...'s greatsword. Stats and bennies to the one thing she cares about most. Open palm slam.
    Prototype Archaic: It's a 4* Debate Club. Alright when you get a greatsworder who's there to hurt people.
    Mappa Mare: also an elemental mastery stat stick. Very good on Lisa in the setup since she's the one making hyperbloom.
    Prototype Amber: Good if you need a little sustain on catalyst characters with low-cost offensive bursts; it'll top up your team and recharge everybody. Also good on catalyst characters with heal bursts; the bursts will also recharge everybody and heal for more because of the HP boost. Really catalysts are the one 4* where both your starter billets are good joes.
    Prototype Crescent: hit the bullseye, win a prize (the prize is more damage). Don't be in a hurry to drop this on Tigger, he's already got a 4* and the chasers are the big deal on his quickfire charge shots. Rather than lining up a headshot which will go off to play in another country if it misses, better to aim for center mass or even throw it on the ground, you're not part of their system.
    Compound Bow: someone on the animation team, bless their heart, was really and truly amped for bow normals and at the mixer with the mechanics team was all "oh man those bow normals are so cool people will be doing them all the time just for fun!" Three months later, a Compound Bow was born. I'm told you can pull it off pretty well on Fischl, but I've never really tried.
    Crescent Pike: a pretty good polearm for early Xiangling. Its needle is a flat damage adder so it really piles onto like the fourth hit in her combo that's a big flurry stab, and she's likely to be your onfielder so her normals actually kind of matter.
    Prototype Starglitter: not a bad polearm for anybody else. A little energy recharge, a little damage buff on skill. The polearm 4*s are actually both pretty solid too, it's just that Crescent Pike drops off in later levels as Xiangling and normals become less of your gameplan.

I would hold the sword billets for now though. When you reach Inazuma you'll be able to get a recipe for the Amanemo Katana and that thing slaps. The other recipes you can get are okay but not nearly as good as what's available to you now.

• metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    I’m a big fan of the Inazuma Crafted Spear and Greatsword.

The spear's pretty good, yeah. I use it on Xiangling (because Raiden has the Catch)

Xiangling can use literally any spear though

Madican wrote: »
    Xiangling can use literally any spear though

She can, the Inazuma one is helpful for refilling her burst though.

• ThePantsAssociationThePantsAssociation A million could-be years on a thousand may-be worldsRegistered User regular
    I'm not a TCG guy, but Genius Invokation is pretty fun. In fact, I wish we could play without loading up the whole game.

Stuck just before Rank 5 in the card game. Need some more EXP but I've already fought everyone I can, including the Tavern Challenges and visitors

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Stuck just before Rank 5 in the card game. Need some more EXP but I've already fought everyone I can, including the Tavern Challenges and visitors

Yeah, I'm at the same point. Now we wait for new challenges. Although some of the NPCs you can challenge in the tavern are pretty tough, if you're looking for some fun or want to continue experimenting. There's no actual rewards for beating them though, outside of working towards achievements for stuff like using a lot of bursts.

I wish there was more, but at the same time, it would probably be overwhelming to start with if there was more in it right now. I just really like it, though.

Yeah, I'm at the same point. Now we wait for new challenges. Although some of the NPCs you can challenge in the tavern are pretty tough, if you're looking for some fun or want to continue experimenting. There's no actual rewards for beating them though, outside of working towards achievements for stuff like using a lot of bursts.

I wish there was more, but at the same time, it would probably be overwhelming to start with if there was more in it right now. I just really like it, though.

Yeah I beat those "hidden" NPCs as well, thinking maybe they'd give me something. But nope, they exist to troll.

edited December 2022
    I would hold the sword billets for now though. When you reach Inazuma you'll be able to get a recipe for the Amanemo Katana and that thing slaps. The other recipes you can get are okay but not nearly as good as what's available to you now.

Well, when you get to Inazuma you don't have the forge recipes, you need to go questing for them, and if you go questing you go exploring, and if you go exploring you find sigils, and if you find sigils you put them in the tree, and if you put them in the tree you get a sword billet at, like, level 4, and then you give a mouse a cookie.

Anyway, the Inazuma craft results when you get there:

Straight Sword: elemental skills build up to three charges that stick around for 30s each, even if you're off field, each one refunds some energy after you use your burst. Good when you have quick skills and a quickcharge burst on a straight-sworder, which is a lot of people but notably not XQ. Traveler's not a bad candidate, though.
    Greatsword and Polearm: same trick for each of them. Skills do more damage, but when they connect they drain some energy but refill more over time. (you don't need to have energy to get the fill) Good for anybody who wants to get to the burst faster, works even if it's a summon doing the hits when you're off field. Screws up the fancy trick where you have a full burst bar, swap in, use an elemental skill and then hit your burst while the orbs are still flying so you collect them on empty, but otherwise usually worth it.
    Bow: "Oh man these bow normals are so cool people will do them even when they have a full burst meter!" Whatever you say, Bow Normals Guy. Also affects your charged shot to a lesser degree, so it's actually pretty good on Tigger, who will often have a skill up when his burst is up, so crack off some power chasers before you launch your burst. Not that bad on Yoimiya either, whose burst is extremely lackluster compared to hitting her skill and going HAM on bow normals.
    Catalyst: So when you trigger an electro reaction you boost the damage of the other element in the reaction for your whole party. It's hard to see this as not the fox shrine maiden catalyst for the shrine maiden fox, but it'll crank your own damage too if you've got some electro support spraying it everywhere.

Glazius on
    Wrapped up Inazuma storyline and hit AR 50 in the process. Jean is now Level 90 and her weapon is Level 90 too. I'll work on her talents, so many hilichurl masks needed, and then I can start working on other characters. Holding off on raising the World Level for later this weekend, but it's coming.

edited December 2022
    I ascended Jean and got a free standard wish, so I pulled it and it gives me Qiqi?

Two amber pulls in less tha a month. What the fuck is going on.

Would have been nice if it gave me Mona though.

-Loki- on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Level Qiqi and turn her into a dps in a Chongyun team.

After you've finished your Amber team, obvs.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    edited December 2022
    I have to post this boardstate from a game of the TCG I had yesterday.
    ES1jBMR.png
    12 dice, all electro or pyro. Yoimiya burst at the ready. Keqing is one energy off her own burst and I have her stiletto in hand, along with a ton of other cards. And this was only a couple rounds in! I wound up being one dice away from winning on this round; one enemy character was left with just 2 HP. I kinda love this deck, although I don't think Fischl is particularly good in it. But I need a second electro for the resonance cards, and I don't have Razor yet.

EDIT: The more I play this deck, the more I realize that it can consistently do some pretty serious bullshit on round 2, with round 3 at the latest. The above pic is still the most ridiculous situation I've had (so many dice and cards), but doing Yoimiya burst -> Keqing stiletto -> another Keqing attack is pretty common, and things just explode. And the AI seems to really struggle with constant Overloads, not that I blame them.

AshtonDragon on
    edited December 2022
    I have to post this boardstate from a game of the TCG I had yesterday.

[...]

12 dice, all electro or pyro. Yoimiya burst at the ready. Keqing is one energy off her own burst and I have her stiletto in hand, along with a ton of other cards. And this was only a couple rounds in! I wound up being one dice away from winning on this round; one enemy character was left with just 2 HP. I kinda love this deck, although I don't think Fischl is particularly good in it. But I need a second electro for the resonance cards, and I don't have Razor yet.

EDIT: The more I play this deck, the more I realize that it can consistently do some pretty serious bullshit on round 2, with round 3 at the latest. The above pic is still the most ridiculous situation I've had (so many dice and cards), but doing Yoimiya burst -> Keqing stiletto -> another Keqing attack is pretty common, and things just explode. And the AI seems to really struggle with constant Overloads, not that I blame them.

How the heck did you manage 12 dice? Did you construct additional Paimons or just tank hard with Liben and he's gone now? Hell of a power turn all the same.

3130hxr2x3nf.png

Incidentally, "Deck Design Settings" is where they hid the options to change the duel background and card backs.

Glazius on
    Paimon and Liben are the easiest way to get to that many dice for sure, though Timmy is +1, resonance is +1, etc.

Polaritie wrote: »
    Paimon and Liben are the easiest way to get to that many dice for sure, though Timmy is +1, resonance is +1, etc.

Yeah, in this particular game I dropped the 3-cost Paimon on turn 1. And then on turn 2, I dropped a Liben card and just kinda let it suck up three dice. That's part of why I have so many cards, too.

Try Fischl, Collei, and Xiangling. Start with Xiangling and swap to Fischl as the only action, opponent's Turn 1, use Oz, Opponent's Turn 2, switch to Collei, Opponent's Turn 3 (they should End Round by now), Collei equipment, End Round.

If all went well the opponent's active card is now dead and you start Round 2 in a very advantageous position.

So I just pulled a few wishes 1 at a time and pulled Yanfei. Not sure how good she is or worth using with my other teams. Then 2 pulls later I pulled The Wanderer. I've been hoping for a pure main dps and am Hoping he's going to fit that role. What do you guys think? Now that I have Wanderer, Yanfei, Garou from that one banner, should I try for that other guys banner? Not sure how great that other one I'm missing plus the 5* guy.

50433.png?1708759015
    If you do the holiday event you can try fully levelled Wanderer. I was getting some pretty sweet damage out of him.

-Loki- wrote: »
    If you do the holiday event you can try fully levelled Wanderer. I was getting some pretty sweet damage out of him.

Just hit AR 30 and working on unlocking my Teapot, then there is fishing to fool around with as well. I have so many "side quests" I should finish up as well. But yeah I did play that event one time so far to try it out with Traveller and the other characters I don't have. I did like his playstyle, and can see why everyone says to get Fischl.

50433.png?1708759015
    edited December 2022
    'Get Fischl'. As if it was that easy.

I see that pop up all the time with this game. 'You should run C4 X character on this team' as if everyone has gotten said 5 star character 5 times.

If this wasn't a gacha but normal story or progress based unlocks, yeah, I could see the argument. But in a gacha, you make do with the characters the slot machine gives you.

edit - not trying to be an ass to you. It's just something I see come up a lot and yeah. I do wish this wasn't a gacha.

-Loki- on
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    People greatly exaggerate the need for specific characters. There is barely any content that needs a finely tuned team.

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
    Yeah I get that. But it's still real irritating.

Also, kinda interesting that now that I've got a team that I really enjoy playing and I'm just focusing on levelling them and getting okay gear, my primogems are starting to pile up. I think I'm on 5k now. I'm not getting that desire to pull wishes.

At least I'll be able to save for a banner with a character I want.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Fischl should be in the game shop during January and July. Offhand I think it's 34 starglitter to buy a character from shop.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
    Also, Yanfei is really fun! She's a bit squishy, but her playstyle is great and she can pump out good damage. There's a reason she's alone in her character tryout.