As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Dac wrote: »
    Well, another hotfix today, and still no fix for their screw up of Prolonged Paralysis. At this point, going into the Christmas break, doesn't seem like they're going to fix it - it'll just become another in a long string of 'we can't spend development time on a thing we broke but not many people use.' I'm feeling pretty fed up at this point, because this isn't an isolated thing, and lack of QA and testing has seemingly become the norm.

What's wrong with prolonged paralysis?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Witchsight wrote: »
    Im hoping to group up and test crossplay between my PS4 and some PC friendos... I take it we cant visit each others Dojos, or add each other as friends, but squadding up shouldn't be an issue?

correct, no cross platform friends lists, clans, or dojos but you can /whisper or /invite username. can also use discord to match make

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Well, another hotfix today, and still no fix for their screw up of Prolonged Paralysis. At this point, going into the Christmas break, doesn't seem like they're going to fix it - it'll just become another in a long string of 'we can't spend development time on a thing we broke but not many people use.' I'm feeling pretty fed up at this point, because this isn't an isolated thing, and lack of QA and testing has seemingly become the norm.

What's wrong with prolonged paralysis?

The update borked it when they changed it to a stun. It currently only increases the duration by about 100% (from 3s to 6s) instead of by 200% (3s to 9s). Prolonged Paralysis' increased duration is also supposed to be affected by power Strength, but after the patch isn't anymore.

https://youtu.be/AOBXcv1tv5Q

My best guess is whoever was doing the augment changes read it as 'to 200%' instead of 'by 200%', and then didn't bother to make sure that Strength was still affecting the mod's bonus, which might be being borked because they changed the effect from a knock-down to a stun.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Aw c'mon they're not that bad about fixing problems instead of pushing out more new stuff.

I'm sure they're almost done with fixing the UI problem with excavations for example. Aaaany day now.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Well, 40 relic packs later, got everything in the PA farmed up last night except the AFuris Prime Link. Couldn't keep going because of the absolute longest string of disconnects and host migrations I've ever seen. Not sure if it's a crossplay thing but it was awful.

Everytime I look at a Neo fissure for that last part it's just Defense, Defense, Defense. Kill me.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Fixed Incarnon Weapons losing their crosshair when flying around in Archwing in open landscape areas.

Oh thank science.

• Options
    Warframe out of context.

kzbdg6rab0h4.png

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Speaking of Incarnon Weapons, my Phenmor doesn't revert on its own when it runs out of charge, while my Laetum does. I can switch weapons and back but it will just be empty until I manually switch it out.

Which one is working as intended? :V

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    i use both frequently and have had it intermittently happen on both where the gun will not drop out of incarnon mode, it just wont fire until you reload it.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    I've started playing Nova and yeah, it wasn't until a Void Cascade that I saw why some people prefer to speed enemies up rather than slow them down. Don't have the stuff for that build though.

• Options
    I decided that Protea looked like a godawful grind and whipped out my plat wallet instead.

First game: ended up with a Vauban with "AFK" in their name that just stood in the middle of the defense objective and did nothing but keep that pull-in thing up. And then I just stood there and deep-fried everything with Protea's turrets. Some sort of instant memery combo right there.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    when you get the munch-mouth thingy (sorry, bad at names) protea is served really well by giving her the nidus ball of tentacles grabby ability

*helminth, it's called the helminth. not munch-mouth thingy

SteveRage on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    So. What if I told you Yareli is really good after the rework and the introduction of archon shards?
    "Ya really?" you might ask. Yareli.

Her passive is much easier to use (with a 1 second grace time after moving), her sea snare bubbles (ability 1) are insane (I have a +Ability strenght build, and at 226% ability strength they give a +326% damage buff) and her Riptide (ability 4) now functions as a much more reliable CC that ends after 10 seconds (with no duration buffs. Or if you tap 4 a second time).
    Aquablades remains her only "meh" ability (although the augment for Aquablades is brutally powerful. Like, "killing steel path Acolytes in just a few throws" powerful).

If you want to take her into absolute monster territory, then sharding her to have +50% energy from orbs and then spending the rest on increasing her ability strength and toughness takes her WAY past steel path viability. Honestly, Sea snares might be a bit overtuned, because that damage buff is insane.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    But then you'd be hoverboarding on the regular, and that shit's gawd awful in this game.

Nips on
    JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    So. What if I told you Yareli is really good after the rework and the introduction of archon shards?
    "Ya really?" you might ask. Yareli.

Her passive is much easier to use (with a 1 second grace time after moving), her sea snare bubbles (ability 1) are insane (I have a +Ability strenght build, and at 226% ability strength they give a +326% damage buff) and her Riptide (ability 4) now functions as a much more reliable CC that ends after 10 seconds (with no duration buffs. Or if you tap 4 a second time).
    Aquablades remains her only "meh" ability (although the augment for Aquablades is brutally powerful. Like, "killing steel path Acolytes in just a few throws" powerful).

If you want to take her into absolute monster territory, then sharding her to have +50% energy from orbs and then spending the rest on increasing her ability strength and toughness takes her WAY past steel path viability. Honestly, Sea snares might be a bit overtuned, because that damage buff is insane.

Yeah, I'm shocked that they buffed her as much as they did, her passive already let her shit out nonsense damage with the right weapons. The surfboard still sucks though, they said they gave it a damage absorption phase but I haven't noticed it.

• Options
    Aww yiss, my first archon hunt.

zdkdor8sx34q.png

• Options
    OK, +75% energy from orbs is amazing on Protea.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I'm not sure if this is semi common knowledge that I missed out on somehow, but I just experienced what I assume is a glitch in railjack.

Back in the early railjack, I would solo by flying it away from the objective until I got to the border of the map, can't progress through the boundary. I would back up a bit, then use the old boost feature that made the ship leap forward at the end when you released sprint. That little boost at the end would propel the ship through the boundary of the map edge. I'd then exit the ship and do the mission in my archwing, with the ship safe from any enemy as they all evaporate when they fly to the edge of the map.

So I'm now doing nightwave, which has a railjack mission level thankfully and I'm doing veil proxima voidstorms for the holokeys and cracking relics, three birds as it were. Sometimes in VP missions an unlucky timing of a storm, crewship, and borders can overwhelm my dudes so I decided to see if I could fly it outside the map again, which I had not done for years. It worked fine, when I got far enough away I swapped my npc pilot to be a defender and then saw enemies spawning like crazy, but instead of evaporating they all just die instantly leaving hundreds of loot pickups, tons of purple amongst the orange as well.

I couldn't reach the loot by flying, but the archwing blink ability let me reach the areas even though I couldn't actually move while in the null space, just blinked around. After finishing, I feel like I probably shouldn't have extracted with the loot due to an obvious bug, but maybe everybody knows about this these days and I'm just out of touch.

EDIT: I should try to be more clear, the thing that was obviously a bug was the enemies spawning by the hundreds, and leaving what seemed like a pickup from every death, far far more than normal by at least an order of magnitude.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Well, 1 of 2 things would/could have happened.

1. You've now created a time-space eternalism loop where some other schmuck will have the WORST luck with anything dropping

or

2. You've somehow used all the RNG and there is none left for anybody else.

In other unrelated news, Finally got the last two Baruuk prime parts I needed in three runs on two different relics ... so keep doing what you're doing ... I guess.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Baruuk got primed already? But he's a brand new fra-

oh

oh no

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    OK, +75% energy from orbs is amazing on Protea.

I have no idea where to get it atm (Eidolons? Maybe?) but you'll want to stuff an Arcane Energise onto her as soon as you can. You can just spam those turrets/grenades with that thing equipped.

• Options
    Darmak wrote: »

oh

oh no

Bruh, if you're posting from 2019 there are some things you should know.

• Options

oh

oh no

Bruh, if you're posting from 2019 there are some things you should know.

I haven't played since early January, so right before Angels of the Zariman. But I also have no sense of the passage of time, so something that happened 4 years ago might as well have been yesterday (Baruuk was released in 2018).

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Do we pay darmak to do new threads? should start a collection

• Options

oh

oh no

I came back recently and went "Oh, who's this Baruuk fella that just got a Prime? Seems interesting."

• Options
    OK this Eximus interception sortie today is bonkers. Run it in public. You can take a freshly forma'd frame to 30 in ten minutes and pick up 350k credits and 20+ Riven slivers along the way. Smash head on into the Focus cap today!

• Options
    I got like 90k focus from one buff on that one. So... yeah.

• Options
    edited January 2023
    So, coming back from the christmas forums I have this public service announcement.

The Tenet Plinx is good. It's secondary fire mode is mega good, especially since apparently it triggers Synth charge. Synth charge says +200% damage, and you might think "This means I could get 420% with Hornet strike"...no. It's fucking multiplicative with Hornet strike (similar to Expel/Bane/Cleanse/Smite mods) meaning that (in combination with it's raw 40% crit chance and x3.0 multiplier) and the multiplicative damage bonus from magazine size (+10% per round) you get DAMAGE IN THE MILLIONS with an explosion that does not need line of sight and goes through walls.

It's insane y'all. It's a one-shot-anything, battery-charged, mini-rocket machine.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    I should look into getting a Sister. No, not like that.

My first lich is still being annoying.

• Options
    Really the only thing wrong with the Tenet Plinx is if for some reason it doesn't one shot a dude, said dude will be rocketed off into the stratosphere and land who knows where. Only certain grouping abilities are stronk enough to resist the yeet.

• Options
    i've actually got a riven for the plinx. it is:
    +53% Multishot
    +75.6% Critical Chance
    +45.8% Ammo Max
    -29.2% Zoom

i should sell it.

• Options
    My pretty space princess Protea got called a fake Prime. :-(

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    My pretty space princess Protea got called a fake Prime. :-(

did you feed that person to your Audrey?

• Options
    ...yours is called Audrey too?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    lucky guess.

(EDIT: also, I don't have one. I resolutely refuse to do that mission, unlock that "feature", or acknowledge the presence of that room in any way other than visiting it once and only once with any newly-built frame. I'd purge it with fire and then jettison it if I could.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    wqu2gas8mppe.png

This happened twice in one mission. I got five total.

Echo on
  • Options
    So I did the Exploiter Orb for this weeks Nightwave and when I saw the mission rewards I was like "No, it didn't...", but it had. Hildryn Systems finally dropped for me (after I don't know how many tries) so she's now in the oven.
    Which I guess means I should pursue Baruuk Prime so that I'm frame complete.

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Sat down tonight, and somehow got into the flow of the thing enough to complete Waverider #1 . Loved the game at the narrative was delivered. Loved the story. Loved a nice change in the mechanics for getting frame parts.

Shame about what they replaced the usual mechanics with, but here we are.

Now I just need some slots, because with her in the cooker, I have six frames to unpack. Oops!

...one day I may go back to K-Drive, but not for a bit.

• Options
    Okay y'all, it's about time for a new thread. Whoever wants to make it, feel free to do so. I haven't played in half a year and haven't really kept up all that much so if you use my old OP it could likely use some updates and new memes and shit.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    ...yours is called Audrey too?

I call mine LL Cool J

This discussion has been closed.