As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    my only real exposure to the WoW community was The Great Shadowbringers Migration so I'm curious how folks are reacting to that news

Mostly positive. A lot of people feel like WoW lacked clear creative direction after the launch of Battle for Azeroth and all of Shadowlands.

He's also a big personality and managed to mostly avoid getting called out for gross behavior during last year's exposure.

However... he's still from that same group of shitheads that perpetuated a lot of the gross shit at Blizzard. He's publicly called the behavior "reprehensible shit" but also distanced himself from the core individual ("I worked with Alex but didn't really know him" kinda statement). So I hope Metzen isn't a piece of shit, but I also won't be shocked if the allegations start pouring in after this announcement.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    it is my fervent hope that every last blockchain fucker is stomped on the balls every time they try to shill their bullshit

Is that all it takes to get a good ball kickin'?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    metzen is also a massive hack

just absolute dogshit 3rd grade level dreck

• Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    my only real exposure to the WoW community was The Great Shadowbringers Migration so I'm curious how folks are reacting to that news

Mostly positive. A lot of people feel like WoW lacked clear creative direction after the launch of Battle for Azeroth and all of Shadowlands.

He's also a big personality and managed to mostly avoid getting called out for gross behavior during last year's exposure.

However... he's still from that same group of shitheads that perpetuated a lot of the gross shit at Blizzard. He's publicly called the behavior "reprehensible shit" but also distanced himself from the core individual ("I worked with Alex but didn't really know him" kinda statement). So I hope Metzen isn't a piece of shit, but I also won't be shocked if the allegations start pouring in after this announcement.

I've been pretty disconnected from World of Warcraft for a long ass time but I'm pretty sure there is a large piece of the community that blames Metzen for a lot of the Thrall = Green Jesus and the Corruption plot memes.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    metzen is also a massive hack

just absolute dogshit 3rd grade level dreck

looks like corruption is back on the menu - wait, nevermind, never left

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I haven't played WoW in ages, but my first thought was, just what WoW needs more of...repeating itself.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Metzen's stories were all way better than the absolute F tier story in BfA and SL so this is a huge positive, frankly.

Make Warcraft campy and dumb and fun again.

• Options

I've been pretty disconnected from World of Warcraft for a long ass time but I'm pretty sure there is a large piece of the community that blames Metzen for a lot of the Thrall = Green Jesus and the Corruption plot memes.

Oh, for sure. Still somehow better than Shadowlands though.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular

Dang, my desire to never get this game just keeps on going below what I thought was humanly possible

• Options
    Yeah is that header image supposed to be a positive? Am I supposed to get hype for murder and torture?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Yeah is that header image supposed to be a positive? Am I supposed to get hype for murder and torture?

Hype enough to pay extra for the deluxe edition that lets you do the murdering and torturing, at least!

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Weasley's Wizarding Waterboarding minigame confirmed as DLC get HYPE

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Daddy needs more RAM.

i want this shirt
    The monkey finger curls.

The shirt now exists, but it’s about trucks.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Daddy needs more RAM.

i want this shirt
    The monkey finger curls.

The shirt now exists, but it’s about trucks.

it works on so many levels

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Most played 2022?

Honorable Mention: Pillars of Eternity: Deadfire - 48 hours and still going strong with my chanter who loves nothing more than summoning a couple of burly ogres to stomp fools while safely blasting away with a pistol from afar. Could easily crack the Top 5 if I get some more time to play this month.

5. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands - 60ish hours. Perfectly cromulent Borderlands experience. If you like Borderlands, it's more Borderlands.
    3/4. XCOM 2 - 70ish hours. Played a War of the Chosen campaign. Can't tell the exact time because it's blended with my original campaign time
    3/4. DYSMANTLE - 72 hours. This game was exactly what I wanted it to be. It's super grindy, there are only a handful of enemies and all combat is solveable by whack - dodge roll - whack - dodgeroll. But breaking the world into mats and occasionally getting better blunt/sharp things to break more of the world with was just what I wanted.
    2. Rogue Tower - 75 hours. Very satisfying tower defense where the lane(s) is revealed randomly one tile at a time.
    1. BATTLETECH - Hundreds more hours. Obv.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Oh fuck, yeah, Dysmantle! I played a lot of that too. And Deadcraft.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    it is my fervent hope that every last blockchain fucker is stomped on the balls every time they try to shill their bullshit
    iu6t91ab0obx.jpg

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I can see them trying to hype up that it's truly a freeform game and you can be an evil Slytherin dick and use the Unforgiveable Curses, but... why not just advertise it like that? "Choose your path: Will you disarm and deflect your enemies, or will you use the Unforgiveable Curses to get them out of your way?" is way less insane as marketing copy.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I had to double check if that was official marketing. It's at least just IGN headlines.
    Maybe. It's a whole combat showcase video with developer commentary which I don't have the inclination to watch all of.
    But it looks like you're combo flinging spells all over the place so it's probably pretty on point.

Be a Hogwarts Tier One Operator , keep those house elves in line.

More edits: man they really are marketing that way, the spell you've all been waiting for, get it early with this dlc

Anyway, back to brain binning Harry Potter stuff.

akajaybay on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Now your character can use the illegal spells that carve out parts of your soul! We're marketing this like it's cool and a bunch of the Twitter responders seem to agree so... yup.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I looked at my PlayStation end of year.

Elden ring #1 by a huge margin, GoW Ragnarok #2, My pre-Ragnarok GoW 2018 replay was #3. Then I dabbled in a couple other games but it was only like 15 hours total for #4 and 5.

Overall I probably played fewer video games this year than any other year in my life.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    My top five on PS5 were Lego Star Wars, Midnight Suns...then AC Odyssey, WWE2k22 (which I do not remember playing) and then...Avengers? I did not use my time responsibly

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I'd be very, VERY suspect if someone of Chris Metzen's position (Senior VP of Story and Franchise Development) and tenure (23 years!) at Blizzard was unaware of the horseshit going on.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    hard to say for sure but it seems like Dragonflight is the best received WoW expansion in a while, too, so the timing of bringing Metzen back seems pretty weird anyways

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'd be very, VERY suspect if someone of Chris Metzen's position (Senior VP of Story and Franchise Development) and tenure (23 years!) at Blizzard was unaware of the horseshit going on.

So, while I agree, I'll note that Metzen left because he was having severe mental health issues and frequent panic attacks, and had been for awhile. So it is actually plausible that he didn't have any idea what was going on because he was barely hanging on himself.

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    My top five on PS5 were Lego Star Wars, Midnight Suns...then AC Odyssey, WWE2k22 (which I do not remember playing) and then...Avengers? I did not use my time responsibly

Fellow Avenger player! There are threes of us! Threes!

Also I really like Bucky being added and his whole thing is "I dunno, guns."

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Weasley's Wizarding Waterboarding minigame confirmed as DLC get HYPE

Harry Potter and the secret black site

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    dang glitches in the matrix

Odin on
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Man elden ring is finally on sale. At least on Xbox. I’m always so so on souls games but normally end up liking them overall, and still haven’t even played the copy of sekiro I own, so I forced myself not to buy elden ring at full price despite it being culturally ubiquitous

• Options
    Ok that was pretty scummy, the quarry was on sale for 50% on the Xbox store, I didn’t get it, but then immediately when that sale ended it went to 67% off, that’s pretty sleazy. Like imagine if you bought it at 50% thinking the sale was going to end

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    hard to say for sure but it seems like Dragonflight is the best received WoW expansion in a while, too, so the timing of bringing Metzen back seems pretty weird anyways

'best wow expansion in a while' is the most severe of damning with faint praise

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Couscous wrote: »

Dang, my desire to never get this game just keeps on going below what I thought was humanly possible

I'm not super familiar with Harry Potter lore, but knowing what cursory amount I do about Potterverse goblins it's very lucky for the devs/Hogwarts that I can't side with the goblins instead.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    It’s annoying because what they’ve shown so far has like an awesome pet creatures thing with all this cool customisation of your room and everything, and it’s like can I just do that and not murder oppressed goblins in some grand stupid conspiracy.

Also again, don’t set it in the 1800s. The entire appeal of Harry Potter for fans is going from the modern world to a kind of whimsical faux British medieval world. Just setting it in the past already gets rid of that

It’s like having a tomb raider game being set during the time the tombs were built. Yes we like the tombs, but that’s not the point!

• Options
    wait can I still secretly post in this thread like this

• Options
    lol i guess i can

but i can't actually read any new posts

• Options
    edited December 2022
    honestly, being able to just post without having to do any of the tedious pesky reading

what a perfect thread

Brolo on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    forums are broken

secret posts to maybe get this thread to a new loadable page

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    that was not enough post, we must post harder

• Options
    the forumers of the boards have nothing to lose but their server errors

• Options
    POSTERS OF ALL FORUMS, UNITE!

This discussion has been closed.