As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Certain threads not loading

2»

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Usernames with numbers in them?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    nope, guess again!

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Yep saw it immediately after I posted. Damnit am I gonna have to actually get a computer and look in the developers panel about this

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm looking into this, and I'm in contact with Vanilla about it.

• Options
    Please keep in mind that it is past most reasonable business hours in North America, so they might not get to it until the morning. Thank you for your patience.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the work you do in making this a sanctuary on the crazy internet. We can wait.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    huh. MtG thread loads, JRPG thread loaded one page and then the latest page showed the error, Thursday thread doesn’t load, Jelqing FAQ thread loads properly for me (iOS, Safari)

At least the most important threads still work then

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    It’s weird to have it hit out of the blue.

“Oh, the social media thread in D&D is getting a lot of action, over 100 new posts, cool something to read”.

Got through page 13, everything is fine.

Page 14: error.

Not that I expect work is ongoing at 2am on the US easy coast, just figured I’d share another example thread when I stumbled across it.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    bd9lnt209jie.png

just documenting this for posterity, heh

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Both iOS and desktop Chrome are giving me the same message. And sometimes a thread will load, but when I go to the next page, I get an error message.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Something has gone wrong.
    It was a normal night. Then suddenly... it went wrong. Threads wouldn't load. A cat outside my window started meowing. When I looked I didn't see anything. Just an error page. Not the cat. The thread. It was all wrong. I tried reloading. It was still wrong. The meowing intensified. I tried to sleep. But I couldn't. I tried loading threads in mobile. It was still wrong. Now I hear the meowing again. And...

the meowing....

it's....

COMING FROM INSIDE MY HOUSE

also, some threads still won't load.

Something has gone wrong.

• Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    Can confirm that you can read any thread/page in firefix incognito mode, and if you can find a single page you can load when logged in you can use that to post. Not ideal but workable once you get it figured out

• Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Shot in the dark but ... has anyone been able to load pages with embedded tweets?

Edit: nevermind, I've been able to

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ah, so I see there's a thread on this already. I cannot read SE Webcomics or jobs threads.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I can't access the second page of this thread. :D

• Options
    BoomerAang SquadBoomerAang Squad Registered User regular
    I had to go to the first page, then click on the second page.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's weird, I can go straight to the second page.

This is a fun one.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    seems to be working now for me

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Oho, we fixed? I was coming to report I could get into thread pages I previously couldn't.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    fixed for me

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    fixed for me, chrome and edge, windows and android.

thanks!

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Seems fixed! Thank you @DJ Eebs

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I couldn't get into the thread last night.

• Options
    I believe we should be back up and running. Thanks for your patience.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I'm a little bummed the change username feature didn't stick around. I've been heavily contemplating asking for one, not sure I'm there yet

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac