As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can't see forums or threads without being logged in

antheremantherem Registered User regular
As of...sometime in the last hour? I can't view threads (or even see most of the forums) in incognito mode, I just get prompted to sign in if I follow a direct link. The Circus of Bug Reports and the Forum Communities are the only ones that show up if you're not logged in. Didn't see an announcement so not clear if this was intentional or a bug.

e: direct thread links are working again now, that was weird; the forums still don't show up when not logged in though
double edit: this behavior is once again manifesting for direct links when not logged in

antherem on

• H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Same here, is this an official policy change?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    As someone who doesn't keep cookies on my phone browser and so only logs in when I want to post something, this is a little frustrating.

"I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I just tried in Incognito, looks like you can (again?) get to the subforums via direct link (a la https://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/debate-andor-discourse). But they aren't visible from the main forums page, yeah. (Desktop, Chrome)

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    At the moment, it seems to be limited to SE++ (both the forum itself, and the threads within it), you get a signin link if you try to view them in incognito. This is definitely new behavior, I used to incognito view threads all the time if I didn't want them to be blue-dotted for all eternity.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    antherem wrote: »
    At the moment, it seems to be limited to SE++ (both the forum itself, and the threads within it), you get a signin link if you try to view them in incognito. This is definitely new behavior, I used to incognito view threads all the time if I didn't want them to be blue-dotted for all eternity.

I had never considered this

Thank you! Assuming they bring incognito back, anyway

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    Looks like this is still the case.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Would be nice if this were fixed, as currently incognito seems to be the way to get around the 'threads are crashing' bug

• AlexandierAlexandier Registered User regular
    Certain Threads Not Loading thread is now also not loading.

• chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Alexandier wrote: »
    Certain Threads Not Loading thread is now also not loading.

It worked for me -- might be the problem's fixed

• EverionsoulEverionsoul Registered User regular
    This is still an issue the site is having. Trying to view D&D just goes to a login page if your not already logged in.