As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCeiicdIc64
    AlphaLink pits players in a dystopian intergalactic arena multiplayer battle to shift the tides in the war of factions!
    20221216 AlphaLink (Early Access Action Arcade Platformer 2D )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaNuVfe-Ldw
    Silence In The Cabin is an Open Map Survival Horror Game, where you must survive Dark linear story sections in order to unlock more areas of the world.
    20221216 Silence In The Cabin (Action Horror Shooter Story Rich FPS 3D )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCHhF6sFzcw
    You play as a bird-like spirit and fly through the different scenarios of the decision-making process of the protagonist. Each level represents a different path that the protagonist could take. Discover the different paths, find their possible outcomes, and find a good future for your new friend.
    20221216 Aery - Path of Corruption (Atmospheric Casual Exploration Simulation )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf7_7wwwRk8
    The Block is the world's smallest city builder. Place randomly generated buildings on a square and watch your tiny city block come to life! It's a very small game with no goals, challenges or fancy features - hence the very small price :)
    20221216 The Block (Casual City Builder Minimalist Relaxing 3D)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w50foiZ4qM
    In Micetopia you play as a brave mouse who must fight, jump and explore its way through a world of mystery. Overcome enemies, gain new powers, and rescue your compatriots from the clutches of their captors. Do you have what it takes for the elder to bestow upon you the title “Hero of Micetopia?”
    20221216 Micetopia (Exploration Metroidvania Side Scroller 2)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzvqzwIbTdk
    Choose your faction, construct your deck and put your strategy to the test in the evolution of the ultimate collectible tactics game.
    20221216 Duelyst II (Strategy Free to Play Turn-Based Tactics PvP )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcU0cwl7Dbs The River City Girls are back! Misako, Kyoko, Kunio, and Riki - joined by newcomers Marian and Provie - hit the streets for an all-new beat-'em-up adventure! Team up for local or online co-op and explore a massive world packed with new abilities, enemies, locations, and more!
    20221216 River City Girls 2
    (Action Adventure RPG Female Protagonist)

blindposting

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Oh wow I can load this page? I haven't been able to open this thread until now

Edit: yep and trying to go back breaks it again

Grey Ghost on
    hey, we made it to page 5, the thread sorta works now

what horrors did we do to escape page 4?

nobody who witnessed it is still with us, so who can say

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited December 2022
    i did a bunch of blind posts to try and get us to this page and i think the one i gave up with might be the last post on the previous page lmao

Garlic Bread on
    edited December 2022
    How do you post if you can't get into the thread?

Grey Ghost on
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I am finally in this thread.

I want you to know that I love you all.

Except you. You know who you are.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    How do you post if you can't get into the thread?

go to one of the working pages on desktop and then add your post in the text box in the bottom

it will eventually cause the thread to roll over into a new page

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Duelyst II? Some podcasters I follow will lose their shit. Me, I'm here for the mouse game.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I think the issue was fixed globally. Many previously busted pages, such as the page reporting the error.... Are now working.

steam_sig.png
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Duelyst II? Some podcasters I follow will lose their shit. Me, I'm here for the mouse game.

Wait I’m gonna lose my shit, I didn’t know they were doing a duelyst 2! I was so sad it closed up shop before they could get a mobile version together, that game ruled

• LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I’m surprised Duelyst did well enough to get a sequel. I was into the first game for like, half a hot second and then never went back.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    hard to say for sure but it seems like Dragonflight is the best received WoW expansion in a while, too, so the timing of bringing Metzen back seems pretty weird anyways

'best wow expansion in a while' is the most severe of damning with faint praise

Eh, I think that's overstating it. The last two were mixed bags with Shadowlands definitely being a low point, but Legion is generally considered one of if not the best expansions the game's ever had.

edited December 2022
    Lasbrook wrote: »
    Yeah, I’m surprised Duelyst did well enough to get a sequel. I was into the first game for like, half a hot second and then never went back.
    In 2014, Counterplay Games raised $137,707 on Kickstarter(opens in new tab) for a project called Duelyst, promising a card game that had "Squad-Based Tactical Combat with Ranked Competitive Play. Brought to you by veterans from Diablo III and Rogue Legacy." Its pixel art and complex blend of cards and turn-based strategy drew plenty of interest during beta, and after launch Counterplay signed a publishing deal with Bandai Namco. The good times didn't last, and three years later Duelyst's servers were shut down. Counterplay's next release would be looter-slasher Godfall.

That's not the end of the Duelyst story, however. Fans at indie studio Dream Sloth were given a licence by Counterplay (who still own the rights to Duelyst), as well as most of the original source code, and are currently working on a relaunch called Duelyst 2(opens in new tab). It's based on the beta of Duelyst rather than the launch version, which means players draw two cards at the end of each turn rather than one, among other changes.

A popular element of Duelyst in beta, two-card draw made for fast, combo-driven play, though it proved difficult to balance around. Cards that cost lots of mana were rarely worth using when you could play two mid-price cards every turn without depleting your hand, and cards that synergized well were even better if you could get both at once. (A rule that let you swap a card in your hand for a draw from the deck once per turn exacerbated that.)

https://www.pcgamer.com/fans-are-bringing-back-tactics-card-game-duelyst/

so it's a different studio working on this, but they're apparently changing some stuff up for the revival

Brolo on
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

That's not the end of the Duelyst story, however. Fans at indie studio Dream Sloth were given a licence by Counterplay (who still own the rights to Duelyst), as well as most of the original source code, and are currently working on a relaunch called Duelyst 2(opens in new tab).

I’m glad they workshopped the title a bit, the new one is snappier.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I somehow didn't know Vampire Survivors was on phones. I am being very productive at work.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    to be fair it only hit phones like a week ago

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    1c3bducijh8l.jpg
    GOG.com are giving away King of Seas:
    https://www.gog.com/en/game/king_of_seas

HiT BiT on
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I just found out the Zachtronics Solitaire Collection is on phones.

It's not free though.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    hard to say for sure but it seems like Dragonflight is the best received WoW expansion in a while, too, so the timing of bringing Metzen back seems pretty weird anyways

'best wow expansion in a while' is the most severe of damning with faint praise

Eh, I think that's overstating it. The last two were mixed bags with Shadowlands definitely being a low point, but Legion is generally considered one of if not the best expansions the game's ever had.

Legion is definitely not held in higher regard than Wrath of the Lich King. It was good, but the progression treadmill was never more obvious and a colossal hindrance between artifact power and acquiring specific legendaries.

Also the story itself started good then went to shit in a hurry with probably the weakest use of the settings Big Bad. Former Big Bad anyway, because now there's apparently a Bigger Bad

Madican on

Horizon Chase Turbo is free on Epic Games Store. another MYSTERY GAME will be free tomorrow (see image for clue) http://bit.ly/3qQwIr3

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    I'm glad the thread is back. I was uneasy during it's absence, as if maybe Brolo was trapped under a vending machine somewhere...

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    I'm glad the thread is back. I was uneasy during it's absence, as if maybe Brolo was trapped under a vending machine somewhere...

Brolo only gets stuck in washing machines, actually

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Iolo wrote: »

Brolo only gets stuck in washing machines, actually

lpgyWnW.jpg

it was a setup

• GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    Gotta have that Mingus Dew

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm deeper into Midnight Suns and I concur that they've hit their stride with the writing, I'm definitely invested in the team now. I'm also enjoying the power ups following the dark side is getting me, getting a double damage card as part of your plays just allows you to delete an enemy of your choosing.

I've been going all light and there are also some really fun ones.
    A big AoE that heals and damages all targets as appropriate is my current fave.

steam_sig.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The game is doing a 15gb update on Xbox right now so hopefully that clears up a bunch of issues. I had a weird one last night where my Hunter was concealed at the end of part one of a two part mission and was transparent for the entirety of part two, including the following cutscene, but that thankfully fixed itself on a scene change. I didn't want to reload to avoid Hunter being a ghost.

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Haven't had any crashes lately but since the new patch The Hunter's portrait in the menu's and mission select is blank.

The challenge missions are neat.
    Except for Nico's which is awful. It wouldn't be too bad if you could skip the attack animations. But between the lengthy animations and the "random" nature of the cards (the seed is fixed so it's the same random result ) it makes it harder to plan and remember what you did. I ended up just looking up the solution.

Captain Marvel's legendary seems kind of underwhelming, but Magik's is absurdly good. It taunts every enemy and she becomes invulnerable for the turn. And when upgraded she also gets counter.

steam_sig.png
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Haven't had any crashes lately but since the new patch The Hunter's portrait in the menu's and mission select is blank.

I had that happen pre-patch, I don't know what fixed it but it did after a few missions.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Harmonix' DJ-mixing game FUSER was going to be sunset on December 19th, with the multiplayer and sharing servers shut off and the game and all DLC delisted on December 19th.
    However, there's been a partial stay of execution:

The game and DLC will still be delisted, but the servers are staying up at least until sometime next year. Thank goodness.

the Midnight Suns patch fixed all the picture frames in my room EXCEPT it broke the two high up ones that previously worked

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    I'd be very, VERY suspect if someone of Chris Metzen's position (Senior VP of Story and Franchise Development) and tenure (23 years!) at Blizzard was unaware of the horseshit going on.

So, while I agree, I'll note that Metzen left because he was having severe mental health issues and frequent panic attacks, and had been for awhile. So it is actually plausible that he didn't have any idea what was going on because he was barely hanging on himself.

Yeah it's a pretty open secret that he can barely remember any of the Blizzcons because of how heavily he was self-medicating to deal with meeting all those people.

Anyway all I would really say about Metzen is that I suspect that he had more of a touch on the things people didn't like about the expansions he wasn't there for, than people think. Video games work far ahead!

liEt3nH.png
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Yeah it's a pretty open secret that he can barely remember any of the Blizzcons because of how heavily he was self-medicating to deal with meeting all those people.

yeah he was so drunk and high he probably doesn't even remember being in all those group photos in the sexual assault room

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    So far the Hunter is the only one that has underwhelmed me with their legendary cards

Even Scarlet Witch, who most have panned, has her uses if you prep for it (a Lifesteal item, or Nico)

File this one under "dumb in a fun way", but I just had Hunter destroy a rift charge and go something like "I see Lilith has poor taste in minions". You're trash-talking a bomb.

Maddoc wrote: »
    So far the Hunter is the only one that has underwhelmed me with their legendary cards

Even Scarlet Witch, who most have panned, has her uses if you prep for it (a Lifesteal item, or Nico)

Really? I live for bladestorm. Tons of direct damage in a good sized aoe + forceful knockback means you can murder tons of dudes at once. And the upgraded version has card draw.

steam_sig.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    The initial damage is just a little low for the cost, especially compared to some of the other Hunter cards, but I use Patience and Wild Strike a lot

I am still using the very first passive you get, Fully Charged

But I have been real tempted to try the passive that makes it so you don't exhaust Hunter cards along with Mindbender

This discussion has been closed.