As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    I am having some fun and success with a little Outcast DH in Wild:

### Haymakers
    # Class: Demon Hunter
    # Format: Wild
    #
    # 1x (0) Dispose of Evidence
    # 2x (1) Consume Magic
    # 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
    # 2x (1) Fierce Outsider
    # 2x (1) Illidari Studies
    # 2x (1) Mana Burn
    # 1x (2) Kor'vas Bloodthorn
    # 2x (2) Redeemed Pariah
    # 2x (2) Spectral Sight
    # 2x (3) Dreadlord's Bite
    # 1x (3) Eye Beam
    # 2x (3) Line Hopper
    # 1x (3) Magehunter
    # 1x (4) Altruis the Outcast
    # 1x (4) Felerin, the Forgotten
    # 2x (4) Glide
    # 1x (4) Kurtrus Ashfallen
    # 1x (4) Prosecutor Mel'tranix
    # 2x (7) Vengeful Walloper
    #
    AAEBAdKLBQjMugPezgOc7gPT9wPsoASl4gTu7QSkkgUL1MgD8skD+dUDw90DyN0Dzd0D8+MDs6AEtKAEiJIFlJIFAA==

Swinging Bloodthorn three times to face and back to hand in a round is some Pen Flinger-esque bullshit, sure, but wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Turns out Ramp Druids that gain a bunch of armor and play minions for free can just curbstomp the mediocre Unholy DK deck.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    The idea is to kill them before they reach that point

Every time I beat a ramp druid its the turn before they were able to swing back board and gain like 30 armor

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I ended up doing my Legend climb as Pure Paladin. The deck was a lot of fun, reasonably powerful without feeling broken. It has that “I play minions for full cost and then they go face” honesty vibe, with a few payoff cards to help it across the finish line. It was fun watching Deathrattle Rogue bang 4/4s into a 1/1 Righteous Protector. I did go 1-4 on my final boss for Legend, so that was a little frustrating. But I made it, so it’s all good.

2x (1) Knight of Anointment
    2x (1) Righteous Protector
    2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
    2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
    2x (2) Battle Vicar
    1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
    1x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
    1x (2) Kotori Lightblade
    2x (2) Order in the Court
    2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
    2x (3) Hold the Bridge
    2x (3) Seal of Blood
    2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
    2x (4) Buffet Biggun
    1x (4) Cariel Roame
    1x (6) Blood Crusader
    1x (7) The Countess
    2x (9) Lightray

Code: AAECAdH8BQaR7AOG4gSh4gSrkwWElgW7lwUMzOsD8PYDyaAE9KQE+aQE0KwE4tMEv+IEwOIEzOIEgZYFg5YFAA==

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    Between Liadrin and Kotori, which is more needed?

Love it when a rogue coins trickster, plays smokescreen and draws zero deathrattles then shame concedes

edited December 2022
    Beasteh wrote: »
    The idea is to kill them before they reach that point

Every time I beat a ramp druid its the turn before they were able to swing back board and gain like 30 armor
    I mean they can start doing ridiculous stuff to stall on turn 3 or 4, which is well before Unholy DK poses any real threat.

It only really wins when you catch the ones who do nothing.

forty on
    Love it when a rogue coins trickster, plays smokescreen and draws zero deathrattles then shame concedes
    That's more of a lowroll concede than a shame concede.

edited December 2022
    VS podcast is up

Bless Priest with zero new cards is the best deck in the game by far and they are calling to nuke radiant elemental to 4 mana like sorceress apprentice

Quest Demon Hunter is way too good and needs a nerf (can end games turn 4/5)

Ramp Druid is actually getting super targeted and declining massively in play and win rate

DK was released 'too cautiously balanced' and exhibits a sub 50% winrate in every bracket

If you want to climb fast they recommend pure aggro Pally

They recommend playing 2 far watch post in every deck right now

Beasteh on
    edited December 2022
    The Judge wrote: »
    Between Liadrin and Kotori, which is more needed?

Probably Liadrin, but they both do cool things.

I ended up playing against Kibler today using the Paladin deck; he was Control Warrior. He drew a really clutch Brawl that wrecked my board, and I won anyway. He just couldn’t easily deal with Liadrin and the bubbles that she was giving my dudes. That was the first time I’ve ever beaten Kibler, I’m now 1-3 against him AFAIK.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
    I've beaten him a couple of times

Never once beaten deaddraw that guys scary

And Theo

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Yagut the god

Rogue Created by Bullshit, the legend continues

That wasn’t the most impressive RNG I’ve seen in Hearthstone - #1 by far is Toast getting a Mecha’thun lethal from Yogg when he had no Mecha’thun in his deck - but damn.

Also, when did Toast come back to Hearthstone?

I feel like I've been seeing Toast stream HS on twitch for at least a couple months now.

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    VS podcast is up

Bless Priest with zero new cards is the best deck in the game by far and they are calling to nuke radiant elemental to 4 mana like sorceress apprentice

Quest Demon Hunter is way too good and needs a nerf (can end games turn 4/5)

Ramp Druid is actually getting super targeted and declining massively in play and win rate

DK was released 'too cautiously balanced' and exhibits a sub 50% winrate in every bracket

If you want to climb fast they recommend pure aggro Pally

They recommend playing 2 far watch post in every deck right now

Haha I'm sorry I've been out of the game for a while now, and generally only watch streams of Battlegrounds. Sorcerer's Apprentice is four mana now!? Golly

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Yeah IIRC it wasn't so much a "This card is broken" nerf as it was a "This is locking us out of more design space than we initially thought it did" one

liEt3nH.png
    Lol DK didn't see a single deck submitted to worlds

(to be fair neither did Warrior, Warlock, Shaman, or Hunter)

https://www.d0nkey.top/wc/2022

Everyone is bringing the known good strong decks so it's a mess of rogue, priest and demon hunter with a splash of paladin and mage

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I've tried this quest demon hunter, and I can not get it to work. I've never completed my quest (I get to the last stage when I have less than 5 cards left in my deck), and even if I did the payoff doesn't seem strong enough; there's no real finishers in the deck.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    You barely ever rely on the quest completion minion, by that point you're mostly through your deck

The mana discounts from the first and second stages plus the discounts from sigil of alacrity and relic of dimensions should allow you to cast all of your fel spells in preparation for dropping a Jace + one or two +2 spellpower minions to end the game (with 2 of them down fel barrage becomes 12 damage for 2 mana, unleash fel is 5 mana aoe lifesteal that hits face, etc)

The deck can pop off and otk as early as turn 6/7, but it's extremely vulnerable to disruption effects like watchpost, the 4 mana counter naga, and Theotar/Mutanus/Patchwerk

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I've been fucked over by mutanus in many of the games.

Well, I gave it another go. I got slaughtered by a non-quest DH. Mutanus was not involved. He just beat me do death the old-fashioned way.

I do not understand this deck.

edited December 2022
    Might be worth watching a few games, professional players put out guides and showcase matches

Beasteh on
    They have Undead Beasts, Undead Murlocs, even an Undead Quillboar but where
    *pounds on table*
    where are the Undead Mechs, Blizzard?

edited December 2022
    Well, I gave it another go. I got slaughtered by a non-quest DH. Mutanus was not involved. He just beat me do death the old-fashioned way.

I do not understand this deck.
    I queued my first match with quest DH and got put against a mage who conceded before the mulligan. Clearly you just need to get better with the deck. :P

forty on
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Thoughts on Invincible as a craft?

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
    Worth it if you want to play Deathrattle Rogue, which seems to be a very strong deck right now, to the point where the deck will probably get nerfed, making Invincible a less worthwhile craft in the process.

Although maybe if enough of the top decks are nerfed, more fair decks will be able to find a place for it? Dunno.

My gut says 50/50 chance that Invincible will get a nerf down the line and then you can choose to get your dust back in the future.

Invincible doesn't seem anywhere close to nerf-worthy as a Legendary. Right now it's really just strong due to the ridiculous amount of cheating Rogues can do. I think the only other class even making use of it right now is DK, which is pretty mediocre until we get some nerfs to the overperformers.

Invincible has god-tier flavour text (referencing a chat meme in WoW)m but is about fifth on the line to need nerfs in Deathrattle Rogue.

kind of hard to figure out how rogue can be nerfed in a balanced way and remain competitive given how many viable archetypes it has currently

deathrattle certainly feels terrible to lose to, probably tacking on +1 mana to illusionist and maybe graveyard would be enough

miracle: probably +1 to draka and nerf edwin again, not much you can do to the cheap spells without collateral to the other rogue decks

jackpot: i don't feel like this really needs any nerfs

DK needs a metric ton of buffs to see play in the current format

• rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I guess they want DK to be hot now but it seems fine if it took several expansions to ramp up their cardpool to match the other classes.

rahkeesh2000 on
    edited December 2022
    Went 3-0 with Big Spell Mage today. The deck can still do ridiculously stupid things.

elxhbok131e9.jpg

Edit: For the record, I've never had a random Drakefire turn out that well until this game.

forty on
    DK needs a metric ton of buffs to see play in the current format

What if they got rid of the rune restriction and let you build what you want?

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It would almost certainly be a meaningless change wrt competitive viability. The runes do not cover each other's weaknesses. DK largely does not have an aggro deck, only two bad control decks which both lack the tools to adequately control modern good decks.

Funnily enough, I think the fact that DK is the best arena class by a mile sort of betrays its problem. It's designed for a different game, slower, more value-oriented, grindier. That's not what constructed hearthstone decks have looked like for a while.

liEt3nH.png
    Incoming balance changes for the next patch:

The following cards are being adjusted to be less powerful:
    Unleash Fel
    Old: Manathirst (4)
    New: Manathirst (6)

Relic of Dimensions
    Old: [Costs 5]
    New: [Costs 6]
    Dev Comment: The Manathirst on Unleash Fel felt like a non-factor that was almost always on anyway when you wanted to play the card. This change makes the card more interesting and helps reel in a Demon Hunter power outlier. Relics are prevalent and powerful—we like them and didn’t want to fully revert their power level, so we’re just touching the strongest Relic to make it a little less explosive.

Anub’Rekhan
    Old: Battlecry: Gain 8 Armor. This turn, your minions cost Armor instead of Mana.
    New: Battlecry: Gain 8 Armor. This turn, your next 3 minions cost Armor instead of Mana.
    Dev Comment: This Brann-Anub’Rekhan combo is not a big winrate outlier, but it represents a play pattern we don’t like. We wanted to reduce lethality and remove the ability for the combo to let players dump their entire hand, while still allowing ramp strategies.

Boon of the Ascended
    Old: [Costs 4]
    New [Costs 5]

Priestess Valishj
    Old: [Costs 0]
    New: [Costs 1]
    Dev Comment: Boon Priest is not common or overly powerful at most levels of play, but it is the best performing deck at high legend and it wins through frustrating play patterns. We wanted to give it a couple small adjustments to make it more in line with the rest of the meta, especially after the other adjustments in this patch.

Necrolord Draka
    Old: [Costs 4]
    New: [Costs 5]

Sinstone Graveyard
    Old: [Costs 2]
    New: [Costs 3]

Sketchy Information
    Old: [Costs 3]
    New: [Costs 4]

Forsaken Lieutenant
    Old: [Costs 2]
    New: [Costs 3]
    Dev Comment: There are two Rogue decks that we want to adjust this patch. Deathrattle Rogue is a deck that can do some cool, fun things, but it’s too fast for most decks to deal with. We don’t want to destroy these synergies, but we do want to slow them down. Similarly, Miracle Rogue makes for very bad play experiences when their pop-off turns are too powerful too soon. We think it is fun and thematic for Rogue to have those turns where they play a bunch of cards and get rewarded for it, but we want to slow that turn down a little.

Prince Renathal
    Old: Your deck size and starting Health are 40.
    New: Your deck size is 40. Your starting Health is 35.
    Dev Comment: Renathal had its run. He’s the most played card in the game and the meta has warped around him for a long time, so we are making this change to open the meta back up. At the same time, we know he’s one of the most popular cards we’ve ever made, so we wanted to preserve his core effect as an option for his fans.

Tome Tampering
    Now banned in Wild.

Dev Comment: Discard is a thematic Warlock archetype with many tools over the years. Those tools have combined into a disruptive force in the Wild meta. Tome Tampering is the powerful enabler that puts this deck over the format’s power level; banning that enabler will let players continue to use those thematic discard Warlock tools, but at a level that is more in line with the rest of the format.

The following cards are being adjusted to be more powerful:
    Dev Comment: Death Knight is the cool new class that many players want to try out, so we’re making some adjustments to open them up a little and give them more toys to tinker with. Like with the nerfs, these buffs are designed to be higher confidence; we specifically looked for low playrate Death Knight cards that seemed primed for upgrades. We plan to take another look in the next balance pass.

Corpse Bride
    Old: Battlecry: Spend up to 8 Corpses. Summon a Risen Groom with stats equal to the amount spent.
    New: Battlecry: Spend up to 10 Corpses. Summon a Risen Groom with stats equal to the amount spent.

Malignant Horror
    Old: At the end of your turn, spend 5 Corpses to summon a copy of this minion.
    New: At the end of your turn, spend 4 Corpses to summon a copy of this minion.

Meat Grinder
    Old: Battlecry: Shred a random minion in your deck to gain 3 Corpses.
    New: Battlecry: Shred a random minion in your deck to gain 4 Corpses.

Blightfang
    Old: 3 Attack, 3 Health
    New: 3 Attack, 4 Health

Stitched Giant
    Old: [Costs 10]
    New: [Costs 9]

Ymirjar Deathbringer
    New: 4 Attack, 3 Health

Rime Sculptor
    New: 4 Attack, 3 Health

Obliterate
    Old: Destroy a minion. Your hero takes damage equal to its Health.
    New: Destroy a minion. Your hero takes 3 damage.

Blood Tap
    Old: Give all minions in your hand +1/+1. Spend 3 Corpses to give them +1/+1 more.
    New: Give all minions in your hand +1/+1. Spend 2 Corpses to give them +1/+1 more.

• YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Rip Discolock, your time in the sun was brief.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
    I'd like to apologize to Prince Renathal for spelling his name incorrectly numerous times over the last few months. I'd also like to laugh at him for his well deserved nerf that I forecasted way back when we first got him for free.

In Battlegrounds news, Murlocs just took a big nerf. Toxfin was moved from tier 4 to tier 6. Also this stuff, if anyone cares:
    Mechano-Tank and Interrogator Whitemane have been removed from the minion pool.
    Witchwing Nestmatron, Mechano-Egg, Mythrax the Unraveler, and Seafood Slinger have been returned to the minion pool.

And DKs nerfed in arena.