As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - LFGDRT

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

LFGDRT!

Penny Arcade - Comic - LFGDRT

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    I recognise that gear!

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    V1m wrote: »
    I recognise that gear!

20080102-BC95JUta-p3.jpg

• Options
    THAT!

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Man that is a deep cut lol. Glad to see he picked up exactly where he left off.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    That was 15 years ago, y'all remember it like it was yesterday?

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Looking to take some candles, ifyaknowwhaddimean

• Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I'm more surprised that Gabe and Tycho remember that comic. I would expect them to be like movie or TV stars who seem to know nothing about their own properties when compared to their superfans. I just assume they haven't read through the full run of comics a dozen times (at least!) like I have. :)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    MarcinMN wrote: »
    I'm more surprised that Gabe and Tycho remember that comic. I would expect them to be like movie or TV stars who seem to know nothing about their own properties when compared to their superfans. I just assume they haven't read through the full run of comics a dozen times (at least!) like I have. :)

Well it wasn't just a comic. This was based on a real thing that happened in their lives. Jerry really did buy Mike that "gift", and Mike really did go back in and get hooked again after having finally gotten out, just so his character wouldn't look so terrible. They've talked about it on an episode of Penny for Your Thoughts (link only works if you're a clubPA member).

From that podcast, I can tell you they probably remember most of their strips. At least ones notable enough that fans remember it and request they comment on it. There are some where they definitely go with "I have no memory of this strip", but it's few and far between.

dennis on
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    Great comic, and great throwback to the strip of old.

I will add that Penny For Your Thoughts is fun and worth the price of club pa. The tangents they often go on while strip-diving are great.

Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    It was also a subject of the free Downloadable Content series (the podcast of choicccce)

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Pyrian wrote: »

Listen, I don't go around judging you

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

Once you hit a certain age your brain picks weird shit to remember. Remember where your keys are? NOPE! Recall on demand extremely minor details of a book you ready 35 years ago? Every damn time.

I recently quoted the Chrystal Chronicles comic (the one about the Olive Garden bathroom). That comic was over 20 years ago. I have difficulty remembering my children's names.

Hevach on
  • Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Once you hit a certain age your brain picks weird shit to remember.

I am in this post and I do not like it.

• Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular

Oh god, it really was.

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular

I...listened to the podcast for that strip not two weeks ago 🙈

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    PhotosaurusPhotosaurus Bay Area, CARegistered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »

Once you hit a certain age your brain picks weird shit to remember. Remember where your keys are? NOPE! Recall on demand extremely minor details of a book you ready 35 years ago? Every damn time.

I recently quoted the Chrystal Chronicles comic (the one about the Olive Garden bathroom). That comic was over 20 years ago. I have difficulty remembering my children's names.

https://youtu.be/WA3y2HxJzps

"If complete and utter chaos was lightning, then he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."