As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Seattle Freeze

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Seattle Freeze!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Seattle Freeze

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I mean I know its the joke, but we have gotten better at dealing with the cold and the snow, its just this area is not built for snow and ice and until recently we didn't get it that often. Just like extreme heat which has also been hitting more often than it used to for some weird reason inexplicably not man made oh no...

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Preacher wrote: »
    I mean I know its the joke, but we have gotten better at dealing with the cold and the snow, its just this area is not built for snow and ice and until recently we didn't get it that often. Just like extreme heat which has also been hitting more often than it used to for some weird reason inexplicably not man made oh no...

Also it's not just the Eloi.

It's the hills. And the times we get snow often being snow at 34 degrees which means it lands, melts, and then shortly thereafter freezes into ice

on the hills.

Edit
    https://theneedling.com/2022/11/18/tickets-selling-out-quickly-for-queen-anne-sedan-snow-slam/
    The nearly annual occasion stars several Midwesterners in two-wheel-drive sedans eager to show off snow-driving skills learned on flat plains of salted, plowed streets to Seattleites via Queen Anne’s icy, unplowed hill that descends 500 feet in a half-mile.

“You think a few inches of snow is a reason to stop driving in this city? Oh, you babies,” said Ohio transplant Rich McDonald, the driver most heavily favored for slowly, but surely uncontrollably sliding into a pole this weekend. “I’ll show you how it’s done.”

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    PyrianPyrian Registered User regular
    They can't handle it when it rains, either.
    Wait. Doesn't it rain in Seattle, like, often?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Pyrian wrote: »
    They can't handle it when it rains, either.
    Wait. Doesn't it rain in Seattle, like, often?

The acclaimed nature documentary Sleepless in Seattle proves that it only rains when appropriate for the narrative.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Drivers that can't handle rain are people from california naturally. But most people in Western Washington can handle rain.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net