As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Revenge of the Strange & Embarrassing Moments

• Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    jotate wrote: »
    Rohaq wrote: »
    If you can't pee in the presence of others at the age of 30-50, then that's pretty sad. Everybody pees, and no-one is judging your cock. If they are, standing around holding it, epically failing at the art of peeing, isn't going to help the process. Get over it.

It is sad, you asshole. You say that as though it's a conscious choice to not piss when other people are around. It's not. :P
    Seriously, even if I'm bursting, as soon as I get to the urinal all the urge is gone. Personally, I think it has to do with public restrooms being foreign and dirty in my mind, as I never use them. But still, definitely not a conscious thing.

edit: the best part is flushing to pretend like you did go :P

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    METAzraeL wrote: »
    If you can't pee in the presence of others at the age of 30-50, then that's pretty sad. Everybody pees, and no-one is judging your cock. If they are, standing around holding it, epically failing at the art of peeing, isn't going to help the process. Get over it.

It is sad, you asshole. You say that as though it's a conscious choice to not piss when other people are around. It's not. :P
    Seriously, even if I'm bursting, as soon as I get to the urinal all the urge is gone. Personally, I think it has to do with public restrooms being foreign and dirty in my mind, as I never use them. But still, definitely not a conscious thing.

edit: the best part is flushing to pretend like you did go :P

God the worst is when it's someone I know in the bathroom. That happened to me a few times here at college. I go in, and like, our choir or band conductor is in there, and all of a sudden, I don't even feel pressure in the bladder, so I just stand there, for like, a minute. I know once I actually left in frustration because nothing was happening. Normally I don't have issues, but that was annoying. I felt like they were looking at me weird the whole day.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jotatejotate Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Going to lunch today. I walked to my car and got in. One of the women that works down the hall was getting out of her car next to mine. I turned on my car and waited for her to pass in front of me before I pulled out. I waved and she waved back. Then I drove forward and turned to drive away. As I was turning the wheel, I accidentally honked the horn. She looked back at me, very confused. There was no way to convey "It was just an accident" so I just kept going.

She probably didn't think twice about it. But I'm paranoid and assume that she thinks I'm weird now.

jotate on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    You break up with your girlfriend the day before Valentines over the fucking phone? Consider having to do the break up talk twice the Karma Police trying to get back at you.

*edit: I would watch out for anvils falling on your head, there's still some negative karma on you, I think.

Wow, actually I didn't realize what day it was when I first read that message. Yeah, that's stone cold.

Im going to go with whoooops

- or -

what should I do, fake it on "love" day and then break up with her?

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    You break up with your girlfriend the day before Valentines over the fucking phone? Consider having to do the break up talk twice the Karma Police trying to get back at you.

*edit: I would watch out for anvils falling on your head, there's still some negative karma on you, I think.

Wow, actually I didn't realize what day it was when I first read that message. Yeah, that's stone cold.

Im going to go with whoooops

- or -

what should I do, fake it on "love" day and then break up with her?

Yes.

Flowers do strange things to women. Maybe the sparks you didn't see would've emerged on the lovest day of the year.

Unless you were doing it so you could move on to someone new for today. In which case, that was probably the honorable way to play it.

jotate on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Not breaking up over the phone would have been a start...

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008

I'd been dating my girlfriend for 4.5 years when she broke up with me over the phone. :|

To be fair, 4.5 years earlier, I'd asked her to go out with me...on AIM.

I probably had it coming.

Still lame, though.

jotate on
  • Options
    nosnibornosnibor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    A friend of mine had his girlfriend break up with him by text message. Apparently they had been having some problems, and hadn't seen each other in a few weeks, even though they don't live very far apart.

Him: I'm sick of just talking on the phone and texting. I miss you. I want to talk to you face-to-face.
    Her: Every girl knows what that means. You just want to break up with me. Well too late I'm breaking up with you.

Him(to himself): Wtf just happened?

edit: I indicated she hung up. she didn't, just stopped texting.

nosnibor on
    When you're a spy, it's a good idea to give away your trade secrets in a voiceover on a TV show.
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I'm not normally one to judge people on their relationship decisions, but seriously.

I broke up with my girlfriend just before our first anniversary (I know she was planning something too, damnit), and even I had the sack to do it in person.

THAT'S RIGHT! FEEL THE SHAME OF RANDOM INTERNET PEOPLE JUDGING YOU!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm not normally one to judge people on their relationship decisions, but seriously.

I broke up with my girlfriend just before our first anniversary (I know she was planning something too, damnit), and even I had the sack to do it in person.

I HOPE HE FEELS STRANGE AND/OR EMBARRASSED!

Aldo on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Guys this one time I shared a story on a message board about how I broke up with this girl over the phone just before Valentine's Day and they judged me for it and implied that I was a dick!

Boy was I embarrassed!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Not that I claim any experience whatsoever with this kind of thing, but is breaking up with someone over the phone that much worse than stringing them along long enough to meet face to face, which would probably involve a phone call anyway, in which you'd have to be vague enough about what you want to discuss that the other person would probably realize what you're doing anyway?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I'm not sure this is the proper place to get into a discussion about this, but essentially it's about respect. Functionally, there's no real difference. But doing it face to face, even if they know it's coming based on what you said over the phone, shows that you respect them enough to break up with them in person instead of hiding behind the phone.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm not sure this is the proper place to get into a discussion about this, but essentially it's about respect. Functionally, there's no real difference. But doing it face to face, even if they know it's coming based on what you said over the phone, shows that you respect them enough to break up with them in person instead of hiding behind the phone.

I dunno, I haven't really had much experience with this either, but I don't really see it. Maybe I'll feel differently after someone breaks up with me over the phone.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Phone is acceptable to me because you can hear the person's voice.

AIM/text are pretty bad.

Medopine on
  • Options
    TrevorTrevor Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I always go with smoke signals or carrier pigeons.

Trevor on
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Trevor wrote: »
    I always go with smoke signals or carrier pigeons.

No semaphore? Pussy.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    RohaqRohaq UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008

Wow, someone's getting defensive.

Don't be a goddamned idiot: I didn't say that it was a conscious decision. If it was a conscious decision, then they wouldn't be standing around in a public urinal in the first place. I just think that it's sad to still be so horribly insecure about your penis that you find it impossible to pee with other people around. I mean, I'm not Mr Dick Todger-McLargeHuge, and by no means go around clubbing baby seals to death with my massive cock, but if you're really that insecure about your own genitals, then wow.

Rohaq on
  • Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Don't be a goddamned idiot: I didn't say that it was a conscious decision. If it was a conscious decision, then they wouldn't be standing around in a public urinal in the first place. I just think that it's sad to still be so horribly insecure about your penis that you find it impossible to pee with other people around. I mean, I'm not Mr Dick Todger-McLargeHuge, and by no means go around clubbing baby seals to death with my massive cock, but if you're really that insecure about your own genitals, then wow.

You're assuming rather a lot. I don't have this problem, but even I can figure out that it happens even if the other person can't see your dick. I'm pretty sure it has very little to nothing to do with dick size.

Smasher on
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I misjudged the distance between the red posty concrete thing and the front of my car at Sheetz. I drove into it going 0.5 mph. It was most embarassing.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I don't.

Voice(phone) is a tiny step below face to face, and respectfull enough given the circumstances.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Damn that happened to me.

:O!?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I don't.

Voice(phone) is a tiny step below face to face, and respectfull enough given the circumstances.

Really that's not that bad. I once broke up with a girl over MSN.... :S

She wasn't too happy, but it was a weird relationship that lasted for like a week, and then ended with me leaving her for the girl who is now my wife.

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I recently went over to the other side of the country to meet a gal I've been yapping to on the net for about 4 years. First thing I do when I see her at the airport? Hugged her and she poured her coffee all down my back... yeah.

Coffee was pretty hot :| Wasn't intential, so I was told :P

Things went pretty awesome regardless of the shakey start though haha.

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HamjuHamju Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My now mother-in-law once poured boiling hot tea all over my leg.

Ya, that was also an "accident".

Hamju on
    kekekesigshortercuzthinsacunt.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Smasher wrote: »

You're assuming rather a lot. I don't have this problem, but even I can figure out that it happens even if the other person can't see your dick. I'm pretty sure it has very little to nothing to do with dick size.

This.

It hasn't absolutely nothing to do with insecurity. I'm aware that everyone is in the bathroom to piss. Most often, there are dividers between each urinal, so you can't even see what's going on next door. I have no explanation for why it happens. But it happens. Simply the presence of another person, just causes the need to go disappear. No amount of forcing it helps. Once they leave, the flow proceeds with ease.

Trust me, it's not something you're going to psychologically diagnose in this thread. I've been trying to figure out what the hell the problem is for years and have come up with nothing.

I didn't call you an asshole because I was being insecure about the problem. I was calling you an asshole because you were being an asshole and assuming you knew anything about the affliction, when you clearly don't.

jotate on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    It's sort of like telling someone with OCD to "get over it."

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    KatholicKatholic Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Smasher wrote: »

This.

It hasn't absolutely nothing to do with insecurity. I'm aware that everyone is in the bathroom to piss. Most often, there are dividers between each urinal, so you can't even see what's going on next door. I have no explanation for why it happens. But it happens. Simply the presence of another person, just causes the need to go disappear. No amount of forcing it helps. Once they leave, the flow proceeds with ease.

Trust me, it's not something you're going to psychologically diagnose in this thread. I've been trying to figure out what the hell the problem is for years and have come up with nothing.

I didn't call you an asshole because I was being insecure about the problem. I was calling you an asshole because you were being an asshole and assuming you knew anything about the affliction, when you clearly don't.

Its happened to me before. Such as when there is only one urinal and someone waiting behind you even though they are a good distance I have a hard-->impossible time peeing. College has helped me get over it, but sometimes I just can't go anymore...

Katholic on
  • Options
    NovaRevNovaRev Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    NovaRev on
  • Options
    Ghandi 2Ghandi 2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It doesn't have anything to do with insecurity, why would you assume that? There is no difference in cock shown in peeing vs. standing there with it out not peeing or in the stall. I don't have it like a clinical condition, but I do sometimes find it difficult to go with someone else in the room unless I really have to go. I don't know why, it even sometimes happens when I'm in a stall. Honestly, I don't see why you wouldn't have a problem going when there's someone standing right behind you. The crowed urinal thing after a movie or something strikes me as extremely bizarre. But that's just me. :P

Ghandi 2 on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I used to have pretty severe paruresis when I was younger. It's a pretty common thing. It has nothing to do with insecurity about your penis. That doesn't even make any sense. It's simply being unable to relax or focus on the muscle needed to urinate, because you're too aware of the presence of someone else in the room. Most men have it to some degree, I've found. It's a pretty horrible condition though, and it can really affect your life. Imagine if you have it really bad, and you have to plan trips around bathroom access. Imagine if you have to plan jobs you can work at based on the nature of the washrooms there. Just awful.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sometimes I can't avoid the urinal though, and someone is there... I've been forced to teach myself how to relax, it's pretty zen with breathing and focusing on how relaxing and nice the feeling of relief would be.

Falx on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I used to have pretty severe paruresis when I was younger. It's a pretty common thing. It has nothing to do with insecurity about your penis. That doesn't even make any sense. It's simply being unable to relax or focus on the muscle needed to urinate, because you're too aware of the presence of someone else in the room. Most men have it to some degree, I've found. It's a pretty horrible condition though, and it can really affect your life. Imagine if you have it really bad, and you have to plan trips around bathroom access. Imagine if you have to plan jobs you can work at based on the nature of the washrooms there. Just awful.

Surely you could just use a cubicle. Have I just fixed your entire life? If I have, send me a present.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    It's sort of like telling someone with OCD to "get over it."

I have tried this many a time. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked yet.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited February 2008
    Tangent over.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    meekermeeker Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Urinals reminded me of something.

Friend and I went to see a basketball game at a stadium about a decade ago. We were having beers and both got up to piss at the same time. We went into the can and it was empty except for this guy trying to teach his 3-5 year old son how to use a urinal. These are the floor type urinals, and this little kid is standing there, pants around his ankles, shirt pulled up under his armpits, bare assed, pelvis thrust way out.

He is saying, excitedly "I'm doing it Dad! I'm doing it!" while the dad is clapping. We stood there for a second before turning right around and walking out...

meeker on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    meeker wrote: »

Friend and I went to see a basketball game at a stadium about a decade ago. We were having beers and both got up to piss at the same time. We went into the can and it was empty except for this guy trying to teach his 3-5 year old son how to use a urinal. These are the floor type urinals, and this little kid is standing there, pants around his ankles, shirt pulled up under his armpits, bare assed, pelvis thrust way out.

He is saying, excitedly "I'm doing it Dad! I'm doing it!" while the dad is clapping. We stood there for a second before turning right around and walking out...

Go to Walt Disney World. You'll see full grown Asian men who do that. Not usually with the excited clapping, but pants around the ankles, for sure.

jotate on
  • Options
    Double DeuceDouble Deuce Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    meeker wrote: »

Go to Walt Disney World. You'll see full grown Asian men who do that. Not usually with the excited clapping, but pants around the ankles, for sure.

In other words, don't go to Walt Disney World.

I had a friend who peed this way in grade school. It was recess and a few of us walked into the bathroom to discover him at the stall with his pants around his ankles, whizzing away.

I started laughing and walked out. Then later he punched me in the kidney. I think it was a fair trade.

Double Deuce on
  • Options
    willmannyeatthatwillmannyeatthat Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Here is a neat story that i would like to share:

So we are having a party at my place (I rent to my best friend, he owns the house). We are all having a good time getting drunk and deep frying a turkey. My girlfriend, her best friend, and I go downstairs in an effort to convince people to come drinking downstairs in the basement where we can make as much noise as we want. Well while i was chilling there with them, one of my friends from college comes and starts touching my girlfriend's best friend and calling her a whore. After that he asks her out, she refuses, but he wont stop touching her even though she is telling him to stop. Well I did the only logical thing i could think of in my drunken state and punched him in the chest and knocked the wind out of his drunken ass.

Later on as we are playing guitar hero he comes and apologizes and passes out on one of the couches downstairs. Well we all make our way upstairs and leave him there by himself. Well after an hour one of my friends comes running upstairs from the basement asking for a bucket. Apparently while being passed he vomited on the couch, shat on the step-stool, and wiped himself with curtains we were trying to clean. A week after the stool-stooling he came and paid for all the damage.

willmannyeatthat on
    Pokemon Pearl: 4640 3998 1657
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That's actually not a neat story. At all. I don't want people to poop on my stepping stool.

I'm a clumsy person on occasion, and recently while in a hurry to get home after class I ate it really hard on the stairs. My shoes were wet from going outside in the snow, and when I went back inside for something I got the stairs wet. Coming back down, I slipped on the 3rd-to-last-stair. My feet went all the way in the air, I landed right on my ass and my books went flying all over. People just stared at me. Nobody asked me if I was okay.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
This discussion has been closed.