As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Get Those Wishlists Ready - It’s SAINTS TIME

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    got a pair of tights in the mail. the gift note just says "from a secret satan" so thank you whoever bought me them i definitely can and will use them to stay warm thank you

Someone really missed a chance to say "From Secret Satin" here, and we should shame them for it.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Them Evergivens are sneaky, you never can trust 'em.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Side note, in case anyone wants to get some further monstering of saintees on (This is not a beg, just a heads up!), the Steam Winter Sale has just gone live. Now you can affordably crush people under the weight of their backlogs!

Good Grief.

Apperntly when Saint @Jedoc is your gifter, Giftmas never ever stops.

I've just received copies of the White Numen Tarot deck, the Modern Witch Tarot Journal, and also a handsome red velvet bag for storing a deck inside. And, i am told, i'm going to be getting The Citadel Oracle Deck limited edition, which doesn't come out until April, so consider this a premeptive "What the fuck, thank you so much Jedoc"

Also again thanks to @MegaMan001 for the second copy of Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat - I'm seriously overjoyed to get to have a gift to pass on to a friend who I think will really aprpeciate it, @Raijin Quickfoot for organizing this all (You classy fuck), and @lonelyahava who's just the best imp.

Picture of a whole chunk of the loot. Not seen: me going omg wtf bbq at things.

g93iz1kmf72g.jpg

(PS, you stil lshouldnt trust Jedoc with tracking information - i was told December the 29th for some of this, and it's the 23rd here. Just wildly inaccurate, Jedoc. Shaking my head!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    got some new makeup brushes and a pair of hand/forearm protectors for my stickfighting classes, from the same secret satan as yesterday's gift

thank you!

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hell yeah! Gifting motherfuckers

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I didn't know if he'd want me to specifically call him out here but 3cl1ps3 sent my his gently used rancilio rocky coffee grinder

It owns and it's built like a tank and grinds my coffee really evenly!

Thanks again 3cl1ps3!

Gonna grind so much coffee in this

I'll post a good picture of it in my coffee station when I get my coffee station a little scrubbed down tomorrow though. I have to dial it in first because I spurted espresso all over the counter top earlier tonight lol.

Tallahasseeriel on
    got some new makeup brushes and a pair of hand/forearm protectors for my stickfighting classes, from the same secret satan as yesterday's gift

thank you!
    Is stick fighting as cool looking as I imagine

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

thank you!
    Is stick fighting as cool looking as I imagine

hell yeah it does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcH0ww_Jbfg

that video is perfect and pure

That is pretty cool

If I were in better shape I'd have to get a stick and find a class for it because it also seems like a fun way to get some exercise and a decently practical self defense skill

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I didn't know if he'd want me to specifically call him out here but 3cl1ps3 sent my his gently used rancilio rocky coffee grinder

Thanks again 3cl1ps3!

I'll post a good picture of it in my coffee station when I get my coffee station a little scrubbed down tomorrow though. I have to dial it in first because I spurted espresso all over the counter top earlier tonight lol.

Spurted “espresso”

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Thanks again 3cl1ps3!

Spurted “espresso”

"crema"

Here's my coffee station with the new grinder in it.
    9pvmqnc0w03f.jpg

Yes I know I need to clean the steam wand haha

Also still getting some channeling around the edges of the puck with the new workflow but I'm almost out of coffee to dial in so it'll probably have to wait to January to get much more use.

Problem is the glass I'm dosing my ground coffee into is too narrow actually and leaves the edges of the portafilter a lot thinner on coffee than the center so it comes out faster with less resistance at the edges. I pulled a double just now in like 20 seconds so it was pretty sour and under extracted.

Not a problem with the grinder at all. Just my workflow around it.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Checking in belatedly on this thread to say holy fuck I want to learn Irish stickfighting

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
    .....found a school teaching it for 45 bucks a month and I've asked for more details

Steam
    edited December 2022
    oh hell yeah!!! i was about to ask you where you live so i could see if there was anywhere near you. there're also zoom classes (which is how my coach learns it).

does it say what style it is?

Garlic Bread on
    oh hell yeah!!! i was about to ask you where you live so i could see if there was anywhere near you. there're also zoom classes (which is how my coach has learned it).

Apparently Antrim Bata!

https://bahff.ca/classes/

Steam
    Cello wrote: »
    oh hell yeah!!! i was about to ask you where you live so i could see if there was anywhere near you. there're also zoom classes (which is how my coach has learned it).

Apparently Antrim Bata!

oh cool! i'm learning doyle style like the video i posted, so i don't know much about antrim yet. i know it's one-handed (as far as holding the shillelagh) and i think incorporates more from fencing and swordfighting whereas doyle is two-handed and incorporates more from boxing

that's so cool though i hope you like it!!

Cello wrote: »

Apparently Antrim Bata!

oh cool! i'm learning doyle style like the video i posted, so i don't know much about antrim yet. i know it's one-handed (as far as holding the shillelagh) and i think incorporates more from fencing and swordfighting whereas doyle is two-handed and incorporates more from boxing

that's so cool though i hope you like it!!

Huh!! Very cool!! We'll definitely have to compare notes if they have room in their class for me!

Steam
    @MegaMan001 thank you so much for the second copy of SAFH again - I ended up able to gift it to my friend on Christmas day itself, and she was very chuffed. Which given I wouldn't have otherwise been able to do something for her, was lovely

So yay! serendipity!

Christmas is over!

We’ve probably reached the end of the gifting this year and it was a great one!

Thank you to everyone who gave their time and money and love to help make someone’s Christmas a little better.

You’ve all helped my holidays be amazing just by being you and I love you all for it!

Can’t wait for next year! I’m somehow blown away by the generosity of this place every single year.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Hey I don’t know where else to ask, does anyone still need a saint for themselves/family member that likes both Lego and horizon zero dawn? Because guess what I accidentally double ordered

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Hey I don’t know where else to ask, does anyone still need a saint for themselves/family member that likes both Lego and horizon zero dawn? Because guess what I accidentally double ordered

A local hairdresser I know loves legos but no one family wise that needs.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

I'll say yes to both (and literally told my wife that I wished I got LEGO for Christmas while I let my kid put his together 😂).

BUT I already received the gift of a saint and don't want to ask for something that someone else could use...

Custom Special on
    XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • CristovalCristoval Registered User regular
    Hey, Saintees!

Any of ya’ll in Australia and have a Nintendo eShop capable device?? I am asking this question for science!*

*as much science can pertain to the magic of gifting

I'm not in aus, but I'm in NZ and I think we share a store? So I'm willing to try for science @Cristoval

So the beans I had were to old to dial in the grinder that 3cl1ps3 sent me so I got some newer beans which might actually be a little fresh yet to be trying to dial in for espresso because they were roasted on the 30th and are giving me the opposite issue I was having where I am kinda choking my espresso machine.

So far is looking like I'll be grinding them at around click number 4 through 6 on this grinder but I just choked my machine with about 2 shot of coffee so I'm going to give it a couple days and try again but even the choking coffee was starting to taste really good so progress!

I have discovered this grinder is easier to just eyeball the amount of coffee going into the basket also and get to too about 18 grams per dose that way. Because the partical sizes are more uniform than my old grinder. So if I just go slightly over the top of the basket it's like 18g on the dot.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular
    LEGO COMPLETE

8myxkv428xbj.jpg

First model I built according to instructions in... a decade? The last one was the Mindstorm NXT, OG.

Thank you, @Ladybug2332 . It was fun to build, and the pullback mechanic is cool to see in action. It's a nice reminder that, even in these changing times, physics still apply the same.

Children's rights are human rights.
    I never built what you were supposed to with Lego until I had kids and they wanted me to.

• Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    @initiatefailure YOU ARE MY HERO! I CAN'T WAIT TO PUT THIS TOGETHER!!
    ge52deuohewt.jpg

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
    I love that the gifting just never stops!!!!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    oh crap i completely forgot to respond with tracking! Yay it got there!

Raijin Quickfoot just ensuring that Saint Santa works over time ,that monster

When it comes to gifting I am a ravenous hell beast who cares not about magical beings like Santa.

Fuck him! Do my bidding you bearded fuck!!!!

edited January 2023
    Raijin performs a ritual twice a year to bind Santa to his will: a branch of holly, a sprig of mistletoe, a glass of milk and two cookies in a pentagram around a fir tree. That does the summoning. What does the binding is cutting the milk half-and-half with whiskey.

Elaro on
    Elaro wrote: »
    Raijin performs a ritual twice a year to bind Santa to his will: a branch of holly, a sprig of mistletoe, a glass of milk and two cookies in a pentagram around a fir tree. That does the summoning. What does the binding is cutting the milk half-and-half with whiskey.

I told you this in the strictest of confidence!!

edited January 2023
    Elaro wrote: »

I told you this in the strictest of confidence!!

Ah! I'm sorry! It slipped out!

Wait, I can fix it! If I destroy the servers the Penny-Arcade Forums are hosted on, Santa can't ever find out.

Elaro on
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    just send BunBun after Santa. that's fix it.

That's right!

I'm that Sluggy Freelance years old!