As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Warrior are not tanks, at all. At best they are WoW Combat Rogues with heavier armor. The tanking class is the Were-Beast, which at Level 9 receives a skill that transforms them into a gigantic white tiger, this is their tanking form. Sure warriors can hold things, even off tank it seems in higher stuff but generally its better to let a Were-Beast do the meatshield thing for something serious.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sexy. So I suppose the +threat on Stream Strike is there mostly to balance the damage it does. Use it a lot, pull aggro for sure, and go splat. Like Heroic Strike, I guess. Only I like SS more.

I wonder how tanking for Were-Beasts works, then. Similar to WoW? CoH? I'm tempted to create one and I'm wondering what to expect out of my role.

Liquid Ghost on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Nida wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's 2.5 Gigs.

Even after patches?

That's nothing.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I just wish the game didn't carry on the Asian MMO tradition of not allowing respecs, though. If you want to turn your WB into the perfect tank you have to pump pure vitality, but if you do that then your ability to actually kill shit is virtually zero until like level 28 when you get a skill that allows you to hit stuff again. Never been too fond of the "be shit at low levels to rock at high, or be good at low to be meh at high" design, not since it made my live hell levelling an all-INT Acolyte in RO.

Glal on
  • Options
    sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The name wasn't taken, so I simply couldn't resist:
    ElementClient2008-02-1423-30-29-32.jpg
    Apologies to all Wicked fans.

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    I've no idea about how the tanking works, I am -very- sure they get a taunt. Its easy to see what skills one gets since you can look at them all on the skill tree. Thats probably the biggest thing, Were-Beasts get a taunt since I don't think Warriors do. Not to mention that the tiger form increases their constitution by quite a good bit.

Edit for Glal: Actually there is a way to respec, now at first it might seem that you have to pay real money in order to get the item to reset your attributes, but you don't. At the same NPC that you access the auction house from you can access the PW$ Trade. With this you can turn a large amount of gold into cubic coin in order to buy stuff from the little shop.

Arthil on
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    And that allows you to respec your stats? Or just your skills?

Glal on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Your stats, I don't believe theres a way to respec your skills.

Arthil on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So, 2.5 gigs after patches?

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Looked at my folder, 2.45 gigs after patches.

Arthil on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    So downloaded.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    some one come play with me

20080215000516xn8.png

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    um, normally I'm wary of such a request, but I'm willing to oblige a furry demon girl...but yeah, I'm hopping on as well.

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    so... I just had to share this.

I decided to make a WB, and find an unsuspecting WF, then cuddle them

I then proceeded to say 'Transatlantic flight to love, none stop for departure'

Flew her up to about 300 alt, then said 'Get off my plane!' and dropped her ass.

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Haha, well, so far tonight...
    20080215012029vk7.png
    a real valentines moment
    20080215013537eu8.png
    Larent: nonstop flight to cuddlesville chico, and I can upgrade u to first class
    werefox96: I sit u

A perfect world indeed.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Bendery wrote: »
    so... I just had to share this.

I decided to make a WB, and find an unsuspecting WF, then cuddle them

I then proceeded to say 'Transatlantic flight to love, none stop for departure'

Flew her up to about 300 alt, then said 'Get off my plane!' and dropped her ass.
    my favourite part was when they said "I sit u."

edit: oh yeah, at least with the furries, you can make a chun-li. Thighs don't quite go big enough, though.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    20080215012034oq0.jpg

spoilered for huge

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Title of this thread totally needs to be "step into a unified world." Cus that song rocks.

My mustache brings all the succubi to the yard...yeah, I'm off for the night. Good um dying and flying we did tonight, Bendery.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, i should probably sleep, I'm starting to understand what the npc's are saying.

• Options
    HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    "Release Cuddle" -- the saddest button in gaming.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, you don't want to let go.

METAzraeL on

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    META, I can change the title, but I don't know the song, so the joke is lost to me. I also feel like cluttering the Screenshot thread with more stuff I did. Photography in videogames is so much easier than RL. :P

---

IRT cuddling:

The Cuddling Guide! :P

---

Oh wow, check the player housing ("home area") information. It's in Engrish, because it isn't even available in the Malaysian version we are playing, but just look at the pictures: http://asiapworld.com/pw/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=53&Itemid=87

That's a LOT of options to fiddle around with.

Aldo on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Holy carp. That looks like a mini version of Sims.
    Is that going to be added to the version we're playing? Could be fun :) .

And curious question. With my WF I'm only ever casting one spell. Do I get more? Some sort of variety would be nice. And maybe some buffs or debuffs.

Selner on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Selner wrote: »

Holy carp. That looks like a mini version of Sims.
    Is that going to be added to the version we're playing? Could be fun :) .

And curious question. With my WF I'm only ever casting one spell. Do I get more? Some sort of variety would be nice. And maybe some buffs or debuffs.

You can see your skill tree by going to the skills menu and clicking on the "skill tree>>" button. All classes get quite a few skills.

I have no idea what Cubinet's plans are with PW, I certainly hope they'll keep updating this.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You can see your skill tree by going to the skills menu and clicking on the "skill tree>>" button. All classes get quite a few skills.

Yeah, I saw the skill tree thing. But do I just click on skills there, or what? As I don't see anything for sale on the trainer in terms of skills.

Another odd thing I did. I accidently removed the "attack" button from the hotbar. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it back. As a WF it doesn't really matter much, it was just odd that I couldn't find a way to put the button back.

Selner on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Selner wrote: »

Yeah, I saw the skill tree thing. But do I just click on skills there, or what? As I don't see anything for sale on the trainer in terms of skills.

Another odd thing I did. I accidently removed the "attack" button from the hotbar. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to get it back. As a WF it doesn't really matter much, it was just odd that I couldn't find a way to put the button back.

You get skills by talking to your trainer/master, they are positioned in every major city and stronghold. On the bottom of the minimap circle there's a green arrow sign, click on it and double click "master of werefox" for a big blue arrow to appear on your screen. You pay for your skills with skillpoints and gold.

You can get that attack hotkey back by going to your emote menu (hotkey E) and dragging it from there.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You get skills by talking to your trainer/master, they are positioned in every major city and stronghold. On the bottom of the minimap circle there's a green arrow sign, click on it and double click "master of werefox" for a big blue arrow to appear on your screen. You pay for your skills with skillpoints and gold.

I think my issue might be one of level. I think my WF is only lvl9 or lvl10. So I may not have access to anything beyond the attack spell, pet heal spell, pet revive spell, and pet charm spell.

As I've been to the Master of Werefox, and when I go to buy skills there's nothing available.

Not that I really need anything else, as I've been tearing through the quest mobs I've been working on. Two to three shots of that attack spell kills just about everything so far (with the pet attacking too).

One other question. The craftable stuff. Is everything you craft buyable? The lower lvl craftable stuff is the same as the buyable stuff, just with somewhat randomized stats.

Selner on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    You can get better quality stuff through crafting, but that's the only difference.

Aldo on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    After getting to 9 on my priest and realizing that he could be killed by a poorly placed paper cut I went ahead and decided to try out a few different other classes last night.

I leveled a Werebeast and Archer up to level 5 and level 6 respectively. It's really too early to tell any preference but I think I like the archer better between the two of them.

Although, I think if I could get my priest to not bleed to death when he steps on a dull rock he would become my favorite character. Neither my Archer nor WereBeast lost more then 100 hp the whole time I played last night. I must be doing something wrong with my priest.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Priests are kinda sad, they're too dependent on other classes for my tastes. That wouldn't be bad if other classes would be dependent on healers, but from the looks of it that is not the case.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Neither my Archer nor WereBeast lost more then 100 hp the whole time I played last night. I must be doing something wrong with my priest.

I've never really been close to dying with my WereFox. Haven't even got my mana low. I can spam the offensive spell, and the mob is dead before mana gets too low.

I did sort of almost die once, right after I got the Charm spell. I didn't realize you could have a pet out when Charming (unaware of eggs), so I got to like half health with the mob beating on me after like three unsuccessful charm attempts.

I imagine it gets tougher later? or am I just picking on weak mobs?

Currently using some strange cat-thing as a pet. But I've got a Turtle I can use (used it for some water quests) and at least three other eggs from stuff I charmed before I realized I could only have two pets.

Selner on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Huh. I'm loving my priest so far. She's level 10 and hasn't died yet. I am, however, using up more of my vital heirogram than I would like (I think my trigger finger is slow on my healing spells). That cyclone spell you get after the plume quill one (around level 9?) does a ton of damage and keeps enemies at a distance while you shoot them in the face with your magical arrows :).

Edit: You can only have two pets? Nonono, say it isn't so! Why else have all those slots in your pet backpack?

(I so wanted to Catch Them All!)

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    er, sorry.

sidhaethe on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Priests are kinda sad, they're too dependent on other classes for my tastes. That wouldn't be bad if other classes would be dependent on healers, but from the looks of it that is not the case.

So, Priests aren't really needed that much?

I noticed as I was playing it seemed the the only one who might need a priest is another priest.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    Edit: You can only have two pets? Nonono, say it isn't so! Why else have all those slots in your pet backpack?

And the item to increase the limit by one is apparently damn hard to come by until level 20 or 30.

I've spent several hours killing all manners of damn turtles trying to find some green grass, and the only one I found came from someone else's kill...

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    sidhaethe wrote: »
    Huh. I'm loving my priest so far. She's level 10 and hasn't died yet. I am, however, using up more of my vital heirogram than I would like (I think my trigger finger is slow on my healing spells). That cyclone spell you get after the plume quill one (around level 9?) does a ton of damage and keeps enemies at a distance while you shoot them in the face with your magical arrows :).

To be honest I probably don't pay enough attention to my life meter. It just seems that while my Archer is fighting things he's getting hit for 6-8 damage a hit and my Priest is taking 80. I may like the priest abilities better then the Archer's, but I also like living.

I figure that buff I get after raising my cultivation will help at least some.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    And the item to increase the limit by one is apparently damn hard to come by until level 20 or 30.

Yeah, that's what someone told me the other day. That Green Grass is a lvl20+ drop.

I wonder what it sells for though. I haven't looked at the Auction stuff yet.

Selner on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The best deals I found were a couple of 3@10,000.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Installing some perfection now.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited February 2008
    Eh, my WR gets hit for ~60 now, not counting special attacks etc. So yeah, it becomes harder to grind without rest later on. Then again, I have no idea if I distributed my stats in a good way.

I'd like to have a pet healer for some quests, but I don't like dividing up all the gold/exp/etc.

Aldo on