As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Containment Field

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Containment Field!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Containment Field

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    This is another survival horror FPS?

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    V1m wrote: »
    This is another survival horror FPS?

Yup.

"The Callisto Protocol is a 2022 survival horror action video game developed by Striking Distance Studios and published by Krafton. It was directed by Glen Schofield, who had previously co-created the Dead Space series."

/Simpsons Comic Book Guy voice

Though technically, it ish nought, since the "gameplay" is achtually in third person. Worst. eff pee ess. EVER. 🙄

Overkillengine on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    It's one of those "spiritual successor" things.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    I know, I know, just satirizing the inevitable grognards.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm glad Gabe seems to be enjoying it. Most people seem to not be.

Sounds like there's a lot of weird/bad design choices, and very little by way of exploration or path options. Game sounds incredibly linear, like a corridor shooter, and sounds like it reuses the same boss formulas over and over and combat is kindabad. Also sounds like the game relies heavily on cheap death-traps that you can't possibly avoid on your first time through.

• Options
    Elric4985Elric4985 Registered User regular
    90% of the game is focused on melee combat and only using the weak guns when you're forced to. Which of course you are every boss fight which relies entirely on the guns

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Elric4985 wrote: »
    90% of the game is focused on melee combat and only using the weak guns when you're forced to. Which of course you are every boss fight which relies entirely on the guns

Yeah the combat relying on stealth kills and Melee combat and then going "lol fuck you hope you have guns" on bosses felt weird. Plus the melee system seemed half baked at best and the games story was meh at best.

Plus they used knock off Timothy Olyphant as the lead, and man who does that?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Yeah the combat relying on stealth kills and Melee combat and then going "lol fuck you hope you have guns" on bosses felt weird. Plus the melee system seemed half baked at best and the games story was meh at best.

Someone who can’t afford Timothy Olyphant?

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

Someone who can’t afford Timothy Olyphant?

Sometimes all you can afford is Timothy Fauxlyphant.

• Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    He's just always been obsessed with the idea that bad level design and boring environmental kills are hiding under the bed.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    SkibbySkibby Registered User regular
    This is the first time I've heard anyone say anything good about this game. Steam activity is embarrassingly low.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Skibby wrote: »
    This is the first time I've heard anyone say anything good about this game. Steam activity is embarrassingly low.

I remember they had monetization based on season pass and like death anims and wow I hope that wasn't the only revenue they were looking for

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net