As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I actually liked that there were lots of sunny days in Cyberpunk. It's southern California, after all. There's a desert right outside! And I think it made the colors pop a little more

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    One of the things Cyberpunk did well was ping pong you between the city and the desert. It was always a nice change of scenery to swap between cyberpunk city dystopia and mad max dystopia.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    A bit late re the Division 2 talk, but yeah they got the actual gameplay mechanics so right.

The same studio is making the new Avatar game but more excitingly after it, an open world Star Wars game.

If all we get is Star Wars The Division, I’ll be super, super fucking happy.

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Some more post Pentiment CK3ing:
    ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=false
    The Iberian Kingdom of Achnimia! You might be able to tell from the fact that the Canaries are in view that I started as one of the Canary Island rulers. (Specifically the one in the county centered around the island of Tenerife.) I hadn't played at all with the new-ish Iberian Struggle mechanics that I had never messed with before, but wanted to do it as an outsider that was bit more challenging than just starting as a viking. This is the result of my 4th attempt. Attempt 1 had me attempt to build up on the canaries before expanding into Iberia. After about a seventy years of this I figured out why this was a bad idea: the Canaries are just too bad as land to try and develop to the point where you can punch above your weight. Plus, being on a series of tiny islands is a double edged sword. It makes it harder for someone to invade you as landing or crossing a straight gives a pretty brutal combat penalty, but if they do manage a landing, it means they can get potentially get that great defensive bonus too. Attempt 2 had me expand into North Africa and Italy to build up a power-base before turning my eyes to Iberia... not realizing that with the way Iberian Struggle mechanics works, having lots of same culture/same religion land outside of Iberia basically precludes you from being able to become properly involved in Iberia. Attempt 3 had be go pretty straight for Iberia, going from tangiers>the balaerics>barcelona. It was slow going as both France and the Umayyads were really strong and I was wedged between them both. I finally started getting stronger and even formed the Kingdom of Aragon... and then one of the Umayyads ended the Iberian Struggle. (Anti-climax.)

So on attempt 4, I decided for me to make sure I wouldn't be snowballed by one of the big powers on the peninsula I would need to be about as aggressive as possible. Luckily for me, the Umayyads actually collapsed pretty early on, which granted my first character ample opportunity to try and pick fights with the newly independent Emirs. I wasn't able to win all of these hyper aggressive wars, but I did manage to consolidate a decent amount of land around Cordoba, which I made my capital, before my first character's death. My second character had a great run where they were able to form the Kingdom of Andalusia, and reform the Canary Island's native religion. The third character didn't have as great a run but they were able to feudalize, but not before amounting a sizable loot chest raiding throughout the mediterranean. (We aren't Vikings I swear!) This is late in the life of my fourth character, who like the second has had a pretty great run. Picking easy fights to snag counties here and there, while mostly just building up Cordoba and culture and religious converting my lands. It's aggravating, for a culture/religion that does not start involved in Iberia to become involved it requires 80+% of all counties of said culture/faith to be inside the Iberian Peninsula. Because I started in the canaries and all three of said countries are all my culture and religion-3 counties for those counting-that means I need 12 counties to be my culture and religion in Iberia before I can rid of the penalties for being an 'interloper' on the peninsula. So playing defensive is a must till I can do that. Since the new culture mechanics let you actually play multicultural I prefer doing that, but I have to convert most of the land I currently own to become involved in the Struggle. Speaking of culture...
    Instead of culture mixing with the Christian or Muslim pluralities in Iberia (i.e. the smarter options) I decided to culture mix with the Jewish minority instead. I did this both because I thought it'd be neat and add some major differences between me and the powers I'm competing with, and because it seems like all the Jewish diaspora cultures in the games have some pretty cool features that are genuinely great. (Although to be fair it seems like most of the Iberian cultures have great tenets too.) Achinim comes from the name of the Canary Islands religion+my gentile ass' understanding of Hebrew adding -im to denote an in-group. Also where the name of the Kingdom came from. Oh also just because I thought it was neat...
    Byzantium is looking a little less Roman... and Greek for that matter. I don't know how this happened either. I think I noticed Byzantium collapsing over a period of maybe fifteen years and then imploding into a bunch of petty kingdoms but next thing I noticed Bulgaria had grabbed almost all of the land the Byzantines had before their sudden decline. I don't know how they managed that so quickly. And they aren't an Empire either. The Bulgarian King has like six kingdoms to his name, and once he dies it's gonna be a free-for-all. Maybe the last remaining independent Greeks in the south will be able to make a comeback. Also scary Galicia, my main local rival.

Gundi on
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Started Chinatown Detective Agency last night, got about twenty minutes in or so, and was too sleepy so turned it off.

Started it up this morning and had lost all progress... probably not gonna play it again for awhile.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    The game has an amazing ability to be cute and fun and cosy while also having this constant undercurrent of melancholy and dread. God I love it so much.

Outer Wilds is the only game that made me LIKE it when something controls bad. There's just something that feels right about your shitty, cobbled together WOOD spaceship having an overly realistic control scheme that basically turns it into a flying deathpod. Piloting that thing never feels good, but it's still a blast.

Most of the time.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Rousey sucks for a lot of reasons but god it's incredible how bad she is at acting. You'd think she could pull off a nearly silent action role. Gina Carano managed it just fine in Haywire! Rousey is in Furious 7 for a couple scenes and gets a single line of dialogue before a fight, which she delivers in the most stilted way possible. It's almost impressive

Her stunt casting as Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat X was fucking atrocious. Shockingly bad for a bajillion dollar franchise.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Perrsun wrote: »
    For me, the platforming is what I loved, and couldn’t get past the bosses. Like, I never beat the dream version of
    Grey Prince Zote

But on the other hand, Guacamelee 2 had a series of trials you had to do to get the good ending, and I adore every one of them. For anybody that doesn’t mind gameplay spoilers, here’s a video with all of them (and then it plays the good ending).

https://youtu.be/t0Id8ZRJHuw

Especially the Jade Temple one at 14:30. Every one of these just felt so good to play through, and then finally have that perfect run and finish it.

I think another factor that really impacted my resolve was the time to retry; Gm2 sets you back at the last checkpoint (which might be a bit back, depending on the challenge) but it’s almost instant. I didn’t have to re-enter a house, then re-fall down a pit, then wait for the boss to reappear… or re-do a silly dream platforming section just so I could get back to the boss (only to die at the boss) over and over again. It was just an instant “boom, back to start, try again”

God I remember that Jade Temple run. That was one of those times I'm torn between giving up, and pressing on, with each incremental success and getting a little bit further egging me on. It feels so amazing once you've gotten the hang of it, just breezing at the bits were you had so much trouble earlier. Same with the Tule Treetop.

I think I enjoyed Hollow Knight's secret platforming gauntlet stage more than the Boss Rush.

And another thing!…

The endings of Guacamelee 2. They were good! They didn’t do the typical “here’s a crap ending and do the extra stuff if you want the real ending.

You had a decent ending and then if you did the extra stuff you got a better ending.

Ending spoilers for anybody that wants them:
    No really, I’m gonna spoil the endings here. Only keep reading if you’re ok with that.
    So in the regular ending you beat the big bad, and the gate that connects all the timelines is gonna close. Juan jumps in, trying to get back to his family. We see Juan staring at a vast landscape of doors, indicating if he wants to get home he’s going to be trying different timelines for a long time. We see some scenes of people we met in the game having their life, and also scenes of Juan’s wife and 2 young children going about their life: playing, celebrating a birthday, etc. It ends with the kids being pre-teen aged, and then Juan comes through the door. He’s tired, and older, and scraggly, but he’s home. He cries as he hugs his family.

It took him years, but he got home to his family, and they are happy to see him.

And then in the BETTER ending, when Juan sees the landscape of doors he remembers what the holy chicken told him: take off your mask so you can see clearly. He does, and one door lights up brightly. Then we see Juan come home to his family… many of the scenes it shows are the same for the characters you met, but now every one of those scenes of the family (playing soccer, at a birthday) Juan is there. He gets to see his kids grow up.

He still made it home, he just did so a lot sooner.

You don’t just get “here’s a crap ending” and “here’s what you actually wanted to see.” We get “here’s the end of the story” and “here’s the end, but better, especially if you saw how the normal ending looks first”

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Started up A Plague Tale: Innocence.

Oh boy this is a lot of rats. Like, a lot of rats.

sig.gif
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I don't know if it's possible, it probably is, but Steam should have a Library Filter for "can this computer run this game?"

sig.gif
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Just wrapped up Beyond the Edge of Owlsgard, a retro adventure game that came out end of last year (that I'd backed a year or two back). Retro being quite literal here, it was written in AGS and runs at 320x200 (stretched to fill the screen).

You're playing a roe deer returning home to his family in the forest, but find them missing and your home demolished. As you ask around you discover other animals had been going missing, with the exiled wolves blamed, and strange pipes and machinery have been sighted, growing throughout the world.

I really enjoyed it, it gave me very strong Inherit the Earth vibes (both in look and themes). As far as adventure games go it nails what it's going for, so, if you've nostalgia for point'n'clicks, you'll have a good time.
    The game offers the option between Classic and Modern difficulty, where the latter gives you hints for the more pixel hunty aspects of the genre (namely, it'll make less obvious interactables glint to point them out) and extra leeway with the few time sensitive puzzles. Frankly, I don't think I could have finished Classic without having to look up a couple of later game puzzles, but on Modern I managed to stumble through without that, despite some logic leaps in the latter half.

The game is originally German, and it shows with some translations that don't feel quite natural, plus a couple of moments that felt like they were meant to be puns that did not translate, but honestly that became part of the charm for me as the game went on. You're playing an adventure game set in a different world, so it already doesn't quite operates on real life logic, having everyone's speech feel a tiny bit off added to it. And I really enjoyed the main character's English VO performance, he really went out of his way to give highly entertaining "things are going wrong, oh no oh no panic" deliveries for the death scenes.

Oh yeah, those! There are moments in the game (indicated with a warning on screen, telling you to save) where the wrong decision can get you killed, complete with an in-game cartoony animation and a Sierra style death portrait and quip. Loved loved loved those, without Sierra's cheapness it was always a fun anticipation of just what over the top way the poor deer will meet his end.

Really, my only complaints are with the engine. The game was fine if left in its default windowed state, but trying to resize or move it moved the playable area off-center in the window, and the same in full screen, which was just weird. Also, on every startup the game will play for a few seconds before fading in the language selection. If you're impatient and hit escape to skip to the menu the game will then be in German by default, so you need to always wait to pick your language at startup. Awkward, until you know what to do.

That aside I had a great time, my KS'd adventure games continue to not disappoint.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    I don't know if it's possible, it probably is, but Steam should have a Library Filter for "can this computer run this game?"

The issue with that is, it will just cross reference the game's published system requiremets against your PC's specs.

And that isn't always accurate.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »
    Started Chinatown Detective Agency last night, got about twenty minutes in or so, and was too sleepy so turned it off.

Started it up this morning and had lost all progress... probably not gonna play it again for awhile.

I was really enjoying what they were doing with CDA but I hit a timed puzzle in my route where the control scheme on the Switch entirely prevented me from accessing a puzzle before I died so unfortunately that game is shelved for me

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-DgJWRByBw
    Howl is a turn-based tactical folktale set in a world of living ink, where the sound of a ‘howling plague’ is turning people into feral beasts. Rid the lands of the plague using your crossbow, magic skills and your wits, planning every move up to six steps in advance. Some think prophecy is carved in stone – write your own in ink and blood.

Wishlist on Epic Store: https://store.epicgames.com/en-US/p/t...
    More info: https://www.howl-game.com

Howl is a devious tactics game that channels Into The Breach and Inkle's Pendragon -
    https://rockpapershotgun.com/howl-is-a-devious-tactics-game-that-channels-into-the-breach-and-inkles-pendragon

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    DRG's Lunar New Year event is starting this Thursday.

In a few of the recent events they've been adding items you can find during a mission that will increase your season-pass-xp if you collect it; beer mug for Octoberfest, elf decoration for Xmas.

I love that the in-lore explanation for this is that the delivery company is just incompetent, and is crashing their shipment into the planet instead of delivering it to the space rig. So in the preview for the LNY event, they explain:
    Finally, Management made another order of decorative items, this time rabbit statues. It is still being delivered by Longbeard Freight which has managed to crash their delivery into Hoxxes twice now…but that will surely not happen a third time.
    In the highly unlikely scenario that it does, Management is again willing to reward double season XP for any retrieved statues. But it’s a moot point; no one would be incompetent enough to crash their delivery into the same planet three times in a row.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Without fail, every single time I think people are talking about Dragoon for a hot second

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Cyberpunk update:

Someone modded in a fully functioning tram system. You actually take elevators to the raised lobby, wait for the tram, and board it and it visually takes you to the next stop. You can watch in third or first person. Even gives you a little list of the next stops on the line while riding. Really wild people adding in functions that were probably planned but cut. Another super minor mod I got just adds in the necklace with the bullet they pull out of your head during the fist chapter as an actual wearable clothing item.

So anyway I found a nice baseball bat and I'm just running around bopping people on the head while dress as some netrunner wanna be with a cool hood.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Went on a Metroidvania/Search Action binge over the weekend. Nothing new, just playing things to clear out the backlog. All played on the Steam Deck.

Ori and the Blind Forest Definitive Edition:

Boy this game is pretty. Movement feels good, very smooth, and a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. The player created checkpoint system offsets the more demanding nature of certain sections. I like that solution, even though I forget to create checkpoints sometimes and lose a few minutes of progress. Not a big fan of the combat though. The game uses a lock-on system and ranged attacks as opposed to the more common "character swings a sword" archetype usually present in the genre. The auto lock-on can be finicky and big particle effects can obscure enemy location and attacks. Some confusion regarding upgrades and progression, but apparently that's due to abilities and areas added in the Definitive Edition.

Will finish, may or may not 100%.

Owlboy:

Gorgeous pixel art with Wind Waker inspired character design in a game that I really want to like, but just kinda don't. A big draw of this genre for me is the feeling of movement as I explore the game world. Movement can be ultra smooth like Ori or Hollow Knight or more deliberate like Super Metroid. But in Owlboy you're flying while carrying an NPC that determines your combat/utility and it lacks that grounded feeling that I'm looking for. I think this is less a game problem and more a me problem, but also managing the NPC is just kind of annoying. Combat is present, but feels like an afterthought. Super bummed that I'm not into this one.

Will not finish.

Chasm:

A procedurally generated game that takes a lot of design inspiration from Symphony of the Night. The oddest game of this batch in that I don't love it, but I'm compelled to keep playing? Being procedurally generated, map quality is inconsistent. There seem to be a lot of logic checks in place to ensure that the player can't get stuck, but the map doesn't to a great job of communicating much of anything beyond the location of discovered save rooms and transitions. Transitions take you to other areas, marked by symbols to represent each area, or to a teleport hub. From teleport hubs you can either take a door to an room within each area or teleport to another area's hub. Frustratingly, only one hub has a save point and you cannot directly teleport back to town. For both of those, you have to teleport to the first area's hub and then use the save there or exit to a room adjacent to town and then exit the map back to town. Gear is randomized in an unsatisfying way, half the enemies in the game have the same attack pattern, side quests from NPCs are untrackable, so why do I keep playing? I'm not entirely sure! I think it's because movement and combat do stick so closely to SotN. It just scratches that itch for me.

Will complete, but only one run. Not going to engage in the replayability offered by the procedural generation.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Sekiro
    returned to the castle
    - defeated a chained ogre. Got very irritated at the various grabs and at getting caught on the geometry of the room.
    - defeated some random assassin dude who seemed surprised I killed him
    - met Lone Shadow Masanaga who had a whole speech for me that I mostly missed on account of wolves and not expecting him to be there. I think he called me a demon and is angry because I defeated Lone Shadow Longswordsman. I can tell I'll be spending a fair amount of time fussing with this one.

- since I'm running out of ideas: there's a "surgeon" in the abandoned dungeon who wants a person for experimentation. I've tried using divine abduction and the puppeteer power, but neither seem to work (or I'm doing it wrong). I'd like a nudge in the right direction, please.

Fig-D wrote: »
    Went on a Metroidvania/Search Action binge over the weekend. Nothing new, just playing things to clear out the backlog. All played on the Steam Deck.

Boy this game is pretty. Movement feels good, very smooth, and a bit more challenging than I thought it would be. The player created checkpoint system offsets the more demanding nature of certain sections. I like that solution, even though I forget to create checkpoints sometimes and lose a few minutes of progress. Not a big fan of the combat though. The game uses a lock-on system and ranged attacks as opposed to the more common "character swings a sword" archetype usually present in the genre. The auto lock-on can be finicky and big particle effects can obscure enemy location and attacks. Some confusion regarding upgrades and progression, but apparently that's due to abilities and areas added in the Definitive Edition.

Owlboy:

Gorgeous pixel art with Wind Waker inspired character design in a game that I really want to like, but just kinda don't. A big draw of this genre for me is the feeling of movement as I explore the game world. Movement can be ultra smooth like Ori or Hollow Knight or more deliberate like Super Metroid. But in Owlboy you're flying while carrying an NPC that determines your combat/utility and it lacks that grounded feeling that I'm looking for. I think this is less a game problem and more a me problem, but also managing the NPC is just kind of annoying. Combat is present, but feels like an afterthought. Super bummed that I'm not into this one.

Will not finish.

Chasm:

A procedurally generated game that takes a lot of design inspiration from Symphony of the Night. The oddest game of this batch in that I don't love it, but I'm compelled to keep playing? Being procedurally generated, map quality is inconsistent. There seem to be a lot of logic checks in place to ensure that the player can't get stuck, but the map doesn't to a great job of communicating much of anything beyond the location of discovered save rooms and transitions. Transitions take you to other areas, marked by symbols to represent each area, or to a teleport hub. From teleport hubs you can either take a door to an room within each area or teleport to another area's hub. Frustratingly, only one hub has a save point and you cannot directly teleport back to town. For both of those, you have to teleport to the first area's hub and then use the save there or exit to a room adjacent to town and then exit the map back to town. Gear is randomized in an unsatisfying way, half the enemies in the game have the same attack pattern, side quests from NPCs are untrackable, so why do I keep playing? I'm not entirely sure! I think it's because movement and combat do stick so closely to SotN. It just scratches that itch for me.

Will complete, but only one run. Not going to engage in the replayability offered by the procedural generation.

if you get the chance after Blind Forest, try Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    might be the most beautiful sidescrolling game i've ever played

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Cyberpunk update:

Someone modded in a fully functioning tram system. You actually take elevators to the raised lobby, wait for the tram, and board it and it visually takes you to the next stop. You can watch in third or first person. Even gives you a little list of the next stops on the line while riding. Really wild people adding in functions that were probably planned but cut. Another super minor mod I got just adds in the necklace with the bullet they pull out of your head during the fist chapter as an actual wearable clothing item.

So anyway I found a nice baseball bat and I'm just running around bopping people on the head while dress as some netrunner wanna be with a cool hood.

I wish I'd bought Cyberpunk on PC. It ran fine on my Series X with very few bugs, but I do love me some mods. I guess if I see it go on a BIG sale I might pick it up, but I'm not even sure if my PC can run it lol

JtgVX0H.png
    Brolo wrote: »

Owlboy:

Will not finish.

Chasm:

if you get the chance after Blind Forest, try Ori and the Will of the Wisps
    might be the most beautiful sidescrolling game i've ever played

I've heard nothing but good things so it's definitely on "the list."

Barrier to entry on the first game was made much lower by past me making all sorts of poor choices regarding the purchasing of games versus the time I had available to play them. Need to clear out a lot of backlog before I start buying more stuff. Next on my list are a couple indie RPGs, but I need to finish these guys off first.

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Cyberpunk update:

I wish I'd bought Cyberpunk on PC. It ran fine on my Series X with very few bugs, but I do love me some mods. I guess if I see it go on a BIG sale I might pick it up, but I'm not even sure if my PC can run it lol

The nexus mod manager makes adding them to cyberpunk REALLY easy. I've not had any errors yet.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

there are now more leaked war thunder forums documents than there are yuji naka arrests

liEt3nH.png
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    For now

VRXwDW7.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Somebody trying to win a forum argument about how a military vehicle is misrepresented in-game again?

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

there are now more leaked war thunder forums documents than there are yuji naka arrests

it's the gift that keeps on giving

edited January 2023
    I'm surprised some alphabet agency hasn't shut down their forums for being a threat to national security.

Or why the company hasn't taken them down themselves for fear of being investigated or sued by governments that are still using the equipment that these leaks document.

Fig-D on
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Ori and the Will of the Wisps was kinda weird to me. It was extremely pretty and enjoyable enough while playing it, but the combat/skills/equipping stuff felt pretty clunky to me, and a lot of movement felt very floaty, I guess? Like, the game was almost too freeform in movement capabilities (with the right upgrades), which led to occasional semi-sequence-breaks or doing tough tricks but a lot of times where it just felt like there wasn't really an intended path through the level.

Still a very, very good game but it almost felt like a step back from the previous game in some ways, not that Blind Forest didn't have a few odd choices (you have three skill trees and you can complete maybe one of them without extremely tedious grinding in a game not focused on combat? Why?)

I ate an engineer
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I'm surprised some alphabet agency hasn't shut down their forums for being a threat to national security.

Or why the company hasn't taken them down themselves for fear of being investigated or sued by governments that are still using the equipment that these leaks document.

honestly at this point my working theory is that War Thunder is a psy op

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    gaijin is headquartered in hungary

also some operations are in germany and cyprus I think?

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    gaijin is headquartered in hungary

also some operations are in germany and cyprus I think?

That's what they want you to think

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Sekiro
    returned to the castle
    - defeated a chained ogre. Got very irritated at the various grabs and at getting caught on the geometry of the room.
    - met Lone Shadow Masanaga who had a whole speech for me that I mostly missed on account of wolves and not expecting him to be there. I think he called me a demon and is angry because I defeated Lone Shadow Longswordsman. I can tell I'll be spending a fair amount of time fussing with this one.

- since I'm running out of ideas: there's a "surgeon" in the abandoned dungeon who wants a person for experimentation. I've tried using divine abduction and the puppeteer power, but neither seem to work (or I'm doing it wrong). I'd like a nudge in the right direction, please.

Sekiro surgeon
    You need to sacrifice one of the NPC's to the doctor. you may not be able to do this if you've advanced their quest past a certain point

Specific NPC
    it can be either the Samurai who hears the shamisen or the large monk who wanted the pinwheel. you won't be seeing whomever you send again.

I think there's a way to get the reward in the little cell beyond the surgeon without killing anyone, and it's not like a great reward as far as I remember.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Cyberpunk update:

The nexus mod manager makes adding them to cyberpunk REALLY easy. I've not had any errors yet.

So far my biggest disappointment with Cyberpunk is that it doesn’t have 10+ years of mods to dick around with like Fallout/Skyrim.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Without fail, every single time I think people are talking about Dragoon for a hot second

Fucking floor tanks

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Sekiro
    returned to the castle

Sekiro surgeon
    You need to sacrifice one of the NPC's to the doctor. you may not be able to do this if you've advanced their quest past a certain point

Specific NPC
    it can be either the Samurai who hears the shamisen or the large monk who wanted the pinwheel. you won't be seeing whomever you send again.

I think there's a way to get the reward in the little cell beyond the surgeon without killing anyone, and it's not like a great reward as far as I remember.
    oh, ok. I got into the cell a while back (there's a path in the water) so I'm glad I didn't have to sacrifice anyone. Thanks!

edited January 2023
    Sekiro
    returned to the castle

Sekiro surgeon

Specific NPC

oh, ok. I got into the cell a while back (there's a path in the water) so I'm glad I didn't have to sacrifice anyone. Thanks!

Sekiro surgeon quest:
    I think the item in the cell is different from the reward for sending someone to him?

You get prosthetic upgrade materials if you send an NPC to him.

You can use that spot that you need to give to in order to eavesdrop after delivering a test subject.

Fig-D on
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Tdy1d6ZMMI

98ic4r65twr3.jpg

6niitwd1lqup.jpg
    Sovereign Syndicate is an isometric steampunk RPG inspired by games like Baldurs Gate, Disco Elysium, Arcanum and Divinity Original Sin. The game is currently in development by Crimson Herring Studios, a Canadian developer based out of Edmonton, Alberta.

https://www.pcgamer.com/sovereign-syndicate-is-shaping-up-to-be-steampunk-disco-elysium/

looks like it has some potential, but those are some big boots to fill

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i mean it's just listing the good isometric rpgs instead of the bad ones. it might as well say "an isometric rpg inspired by the genre of isometric rpgs"

liEt3nH.png
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I wish I could try Cyberpunk but the braindance shenanigans makes me super mega wary.

This discussion has been closed.