As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Mice To Meet You

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Mice To Meet You!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Mice To Meet You

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Acquisitions Incorporated in every setting, please

Then a crossover event like Into the Spiderverse

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    Acquisitions Incorporated in every setting, please

Then a crossover event like Into the Spiderverse

Into the Acquiverse!

• ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Why do I have the sudden urge to go find a copy of The Secret of NIMH and relive my childhood?

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I love Mouse Guard mechanically, but I've never been able to actually run a game in it. It's a very opinionated RPG system, in that the setting and mechanics are so tightly integrated you're not going to be able to run a traditional RPG campaign "using" Mouse Guard.

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Why do I have the sudden urge to go find a copy of The Secret of NIMH and relive my childhood?

Because you like nightmares of mice eating your face in the rain and waking to a pee-soaked bed?

Oh, your childhood.I don't know.

MichaelLC on
  • LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    igh71ojhikx6.png

• GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    I have crossed fingers that the fallout from the OGL 1.1 catastrophe is that more streamers switch to new systems.

• palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    PREACH TYCHO! preach on brother...

• OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Grendus wrote: »
    I have crossed fingers that the fallout from the OGL 1.1 catastrophe is that more streamers switch to new systems.

It also makes me wonder what changes are coming to virtual tabletop programs in response as well.

• ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I have long maintained that this would be an amazing setting for a third-person action RPG roguelike videogame. Not a Souls game. There'd be a death run, but in the form of, your newly sworn-in member of the Mouse Guard setting out to find the remains your predecessor left in the wilderness, before the trail goes dark. A quest worth rather a lot of experience, scaling up according to this fallen hero's level. The full reward for finding the body, and a bit less for a trail that leads back to the warren of some wild animal thus solving the "mystery", whether you engage with the creature, which was merely filling its belly, or not.

Emphasis in the visual design on the warmth and beauty of areas civilized by the mice. You can almost feel the warmth of the hearth, just about smell the freshly-baked bread, taste the small beer, and feel the dulling of the senses of the strong ale. Contrasting sharply with the world outside that remains wild and dangerous for all the efforts of the Guard. Against which, a tightly-written 12-hour narrative plays out of treachery, diminutive swashbuckling, real-world creatures turned into monsters by the forced perspective of being a very small and squishy mammal. And absolutely no witching, wizarding, or sorcelating, whether with one wand or two.

ArmsForPeace84 on
    Nothing personal. It's just business.