As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

"It's all a bit messed up how easy it is for cryptocurrency investors to have their entire livelihood bulldozed like this over a couple of small mistakes."

Is that a tweet from a random cryptobro or NFT enthusiast? Nope, that's commentary from the writer of the article.

This is the desired world they built. They wanted transactions that could never be reversed.

It is messed up… that it’s this way on purpose.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    We've got a release date for first Midnight Suns DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFGohawKKNE

Shame that season pass price is still absurd, though.

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Sounds like the Halo show should have consulted Brian David Gilbert.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    We've got a release date for first Midnight Suns DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFGohawKKNE

Shame that season pass price is still absurd, though.

god damn is it morbin time once again

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Always has been

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »

no, because the suit didn't jack him off in the show either like the cowards they are

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Looking for that special someone who can completely drain my livelihood.

Just slurp it right outta me.

• Options

no, because the suit didn't jack him off in the show either like the cowards they are

You don’t have any way to prove it wasn’t just constantly jacking him off. Maybe Master Chief just has a very subdued O-face.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

You don’t have any way to prove it wasn’t just constantly jacking him off. Maybe Master Chief just has a very subdued O-face.

It is a plot point that they are definitely not. And I'm not joking.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

...well I'm gonna need some elaboration on that one

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I swear the Halo show sounded like someone wanted to do their own mil sim scifi show, but couldn't get anyone to look at it so they used Halo as set dressing.

Like Halo's story is normally like a d grade for writing, but the show is fucking dire.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Yesterday, people who busted their ass trying to make Halo Infinite received pink slips.

The night before, top Microsoft executives attended a private Sting concert in the Swiss Alps.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    it would wildly impractical to install a whole mechanism just for jerking him off in the suit

the suit stimulates his prostate

• Options
    Yesterday, people who busted their ass trying to make Halo Infinite received pink slips.

The night before, top Microsoft executives attended a private Sting concert in the Swiss Alps.

I mean that's literally business culture in the US at least. Like a company will fail the people at the top who need it least and who probably contributed most to the failure are given money on the way out, the people who busted their asses have literally nothing to show for it aside from a pink slip.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options

That’s what they want you to believe. If word got out, everyone would want a Spartan suit.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular

CaPiTaLiSm Is ThE oNlY sYsTeM tHaT cOuLd EnAbLe ViDeO gAmEs

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    I swear the Halo show sounded like someone wanted to do their own mil sim scifi show, but couldn't get anyone to look at it so they used Halo as set dressing.

Like Halo's story is normally like a d grade for writing, but the show is fucking dire.

I cannot stress to you enough that all of Halo was deliberate

This wasn't somebody coming in with a different thing and slapping IP on it, this was the culmination of a decade of a million cooks in a too-big kitchen, throwing the most expensive spaghetti at the wall that they could

The real problem is that there were too many People Of Power who had too many different ideas about what, "A Halo Show" should mean. The show couldn't commit to any one version, got pulled in too many directions, and got ripped apart in the process. One synechdoche for the multitude of difficulties in adapting the property: Master Chief. He is a video game protagonist and is in no way a character with enough depth to carry a TV show. Make him more human and he's no longer recognizably Master Chief to people who've only played the games, which is what executives assume the core audience will be. Putting an emotionally-inert, largely-wordless character at the center of a show requires you to take big stylistic swings around him, a la Mandalorian's first season, which requires taking big risks with your first big-budget foray into adapting a massive game property for the screen, which is gonna terrify money people.

I think they could have made a good Halo show, if there had been a Halo movie to get Master Chief outta their fuckin' systems so they could do different tonal things in the show. But there was no way the First Halo Thing being a TV show was ever gonna work, in my opinion.

• Options

Coming to Steam: Age of Wonders 4 - "Explore new magical realms in Age of Wonders’ signature blend of 4X strategy and turn-based tactical combat. Control a faction that grows and changes as you expand your empire with each turn!"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgV66Jdj23c

coming may 3rd

• Options

The Spartans are being suppressed emotionally through a chip implanted into their back. When Chief takes it out, he experiences emotions he hasn't since childhood. Then he meets the enemy spy, who is a pretty girl, and immediately becomes attracted to her. It is noted very explicitly in the dialogue that this is a new thing for him, and when they have sex later, it is his first time. He's pretty ready to commit treason for her BECAUSE it's his first time.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

Coming to Steam: Age of Wonders 4 - "Explore new magical realms in Age of Wonders’ signature blend of 4X strategy and turn-based tactical combat. Control a faction that grows and changes as you expand your empire with each turn!"

coming may 3rd

here's a bunch of gameplay with dev commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7pKeH1cLb4

I don't know a damn thing about these games, I for real thought it was the same thing as Age of Mythology for years

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: »
    A friendly reminder that the female MC is the better way to play P3P

- different writer! Less of the weird -phobic events!
    - there is a transphobic event that happens on the male beach day that does not happen on the female
    - characters approach you differently and generally are not creeps!
    - you have more social link options than just dateable ladies
    - Theo, the Velvet Room guy, is a fucking weirdo and it rules

Asterisk here that I haven't played it for several years, mind

P5 was my first Persona, I named my guy Ren Bayoneta, because Ren was the ""canon"" name of the protagonist and Bayoneta because Bayonetta was too long and there was a bunch of memes at the time of him and Bayo being related because of Smash, it was dumb but I thought it was funny.
    Anyway, onto P3:
    krIIWc4.png

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    We also learnt the release date for ENDLESS Dungeon, new game from Amplitude Studios: 18th May 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ledLIVvhSV0

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

coming may 3rd

here's a bunch of gameplay with dev commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7pKeH1cLb4

I don't know a damn thing about these games, I for real thought it was the same thing as Age of Mythology for years

I really liked Age of WOnders because you got to pick your rulers race and class so i got to see what every necromancer looked like

• Options
    I don't know how you can release a game called endless dungeon, by name alone you'll probably never actually have an endless dungeon. ITS A FOOLS ENDEAVOR!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

The Spartans are being suppressed emotionally through a chip implanted into their back. When Chief takes it out, he experiences emotions he hasn't since childhood. Then he meets the enemy spy, who is a pretty girl, and immediately becomes attracted to her. It is noted very explicitly in the dialogue that this is a new thing for him, and when they have sex later, it is his first time. He's pretty ready to commit treason for her BECAUSE it's his first time.

That's sex though, not jacking off. Without getting into details, you don't need to find anyone or even anything attractive to jack off.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I bought the Midnight Suns season pass entirely because I gotta Morb, let it be known

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I am a little into part 2 of Midnight Suns and if anyone was wondering who this game was made for, it was me

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Another dangerous incel

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Started playing The Abyss undersea colony management game and its pretty good for being early access. It’s got a great mood, game looks good and the cloning conceit is a fun one. The gameplay balance is a little too knife edge for me, but early access. I expect it to be tuned

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Madican wrote: »

That's sex though, not jacking off. Without getting into details, you don't need to find anyone or even anything attractive to jack off.

I'd agree in the general sense, but the show is pretty clear they were dead to the world and shut down, not being stimulated to the point of being over it. Not that the running joke makes even the slightest bit of sense to begin with, just saying the show seemed engineered to shut it down on purpose.

shoeboxjeddy on
  • Options

I'd agree in the general sense, but the show is pretty clear they were dead to the world and shut down, not being stimulated to the point of being over it. Not that the running joke makes even the slightest bit of sense to begin with, just saying the show seemed engineered to shut it down on purpose.

Dear god they figured out how to install depression on command

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    In the books they're fully chemically castrated, the show is already a walk back from how fucked up the official canon is.

• Options
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    In the books they're fully chemically castrated, the show is already a walk back from how fucked up the official canon is.

Don't forget how they were all kidnapped from their beds in the middle of the night as children with clones left in their place like changelings programmed to self-destruct in under a year

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Why?

• Options
    edited January 2023

Don't forget how they were all kidnapped from their beds in the middle of the night as children with clones left in their place like changelings programmed to self-destruct in under a year

Surprisingly, they did keep that aspect in the show.

And they still managed to make abused, kidnapped child soldiers look like a thing that the show viewed as “a little morally grey” at worst.

minor incident on
  • Options
    Why?

They don't have the ability to make decent, longer lasting clones AND cloning is officially illegal by their own laws.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular

if you just mean they were made infertile (i dunno why but the phrase chemically castrated seems... fraught) that is a separate thing from having no emotions or sex drive

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I cannot stress to you enough that all of Halo was deliberate

This wasn't somebody coming in with a different thing and slapping IP on it, this was the culmination of a decade of a million cooks in a too-big kitchen, throwing the most expensive spaghetti at the wall that they could

The real problem is that there were too many People Of Power who had too many different ideas about what, "A Halo Show" should mean. The show couldn't commit to any one version, got pulled in too many directions, and got ripped apart in the process. One synechdoche for the multitude of difficulties in adapting the property: Master Chief. He is a video game protagonist and is in no way a character with enough depth to carry a TV show. Make him more human and he's no longer recognizably Master Chief to people who've only played the games, which is what executives assume the core audience will be. Putting an emotionally-inert, largely-wordless character at the center of a show requires you to take big stylistic swings around him, a la Mandalorian's first season, which requires taking big risks with your first big-budget foray into adapting a massive game property for the screen, which is gonna terrify money people.

I think they could have made a good Halo show, if there had been a Halo movie to get Master Chief outta their fuckin' systems so they could do different tonal things in the show. But there was no way the First Halo Thing being a TV show was ever gonna work, in my opinion.

Well now that the growing pains of the freshman endeavor have been made, they can get working on the Halo show everybody is actually interested in seeing

The Arbiter and Half-Jaw leading a campaign of revolution and emancipation against the San'Shyuum and their loyalist Jiralhanae forces.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm not there's really a worthwhile difference between chemical castration and an implant that suppresses emotions (including the emotion horny, I guess) in the current context

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Imagine, Avatar 2 regarded as the weaker of two similar films compared to a Halo movie about a Sangheili revolution

VRXwDW7.png
This discussion has been closed.