As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Asthariel wrote: »
    We also learnt the release date for ENDLESS Dungeon, new game from Amplitude Studios: 18th May 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ledLIVvhSV0

Not 100% sold on the trailer, but am 100% sold on Amplitude and ENDLESS Dungeon - put it in my veins!

Oooooh, physical version! There is something I very much want and very much don't need! It doesn't say if it includes a Steam code, though... (The digital version order page gives you a choice of Steam and EGS, which is nice.)

EDIT: Denuvo!? Blech.

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2023
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

Coming to Steam: Age of Wonders 4 - "Explore new magical realms in Age of Wonders’ signature blend of 4X strategy and turn-based tactical combat. Control a faction that grows and changes as you expand your empire with each turn!"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OgV66Jdj23c

coming may 3rd

here's a bunch of gameplay with dev commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7pKeH1cLb4

I don't know a damn thing about these games, I for real thought it was the same thing as Age of Mythology for years

I really liked Age of WOnders because you got to pick your rulers race and class so i got to see what every necromancer looked like

Also swank was how in the first game if you had a flying unit with a ranged attack (magic bolts, arrows or breath) they could cheese so many battles. If you had Block ranged units and towers couldn't really do shit, so you just had to worry about spiders and spells. I had so many games with lvl 50 Draconian heroes.

A duck! on
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    In the books they're fully chemically castrated, the show is already a walk back from how fucked up the official canon is.

if you just mean they were made infertile (i dunno why but the phrase chemically castrated seems... fraught) that is a separate thing from having no emotions or sex drive

No, like, explicitly the biological augmentations used in the SPARTAN II program (i.e. Master Chief's class) chemically castrate them and destroy their sex drives.
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not there's really a worthwhile difference between chemical castration and an implant that suppresses emotions (including the emotion horny, I guess) in the current context

One being reversible is a not insignificant change IMO.

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Pff, chemically castrate deez nuts.

Wait, no-

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    In the books they're fully chemically castrated, the show is already a walk back from how fucked up the official canon is.

if you just mean they were made infertile (i dunno why but the phrase chemically castrated seems... fraught) that is a separate thing from having no emotions or sex drive

No, like, explicitly the biological augmentations used in the SPARTAN II program (i.e. Master Chief's class) chemically castrate them and destroy their sex drives.
    Yeah I'm not there's really a worthwhile difference between chemical castration and an implant that suppresses emotions (including the emotion horny, I guess) in the current context

Chemical castration is generally reversible

If it was not a reversible form in original Halo media, sure, that is a change, but I would not have assumed that from the phrasing

• VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Fandom, the company that bought Gamespot and Giant Bomb, is laying off a bunch of people as well, including Jess and Jason.

steam_sig.png
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

Chemical castration is generally reversible

If it was not a reversible form in original Halo media, sure, that is a change, but I would not have assumed that from the phrasing

Oh, yeah, sorry. What they do in the book/game canon are irreversible, permanent changes to the bodies of the kids becoming SPARTAN IIs. The books present this as, at worst, a net neutral.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Sekiro
    - returned to the dojo, and fought Lone Shadow Vilehand
    - - had a much easier time than with Masanaga, partly because it's very nearly the same fight.
    - - kinda wish I could re-fight Longswordsman now. I feel he's a different flavor of Lone Shadow; I know he doesn't have the poison moveset, but I'm curious how similar they are.
    - - didn't see a way to handle the other enemy in the room without alerting Vilehand. I considered using the puppeteer power so he'd help me out, but decided against it.
    - Owl apparently didn't die during the bandit? raid on Hirata Estate, and he's also after the Dragon Heritage.
    - - "I want to stay and admire the view"
    - - - *yeah, right. You know Wolf's here*
    - - pretty sure it's a "but thou must" moment, but I sided with Kuro. So now I'm fighting Owl, and he's quite good at murdering me. I'm slowly learning the fight, though.

Tamin on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    A duck! wrote: »

Wait, no-

i got the Windex!

Magic Pink on
    this is also a pertinent point to note that more than half of the prospective SPARTAN IIs were either killed or permanently disabled by receiving said biological augmentations

again, presented as at worst a net neutral until later books decided to actually interrogate this.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    A duck! wrote: »

Wait, no-

Tynnan on
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Those fucking 12 year olds just couldn’t hack it. We’re better off without ‘em, am I right?

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    Those fucking 12 year olds just couldn’t hack it. We’re better off without ‘em, am I right?

you are ABSOLUTELY correct

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    We've got a release date for first Midnight Suns DLC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFGohawKKNE

Shame that season pass price is still absurd, though.

I really like this game but this seems like...pretty concentrated Bad Deadpool

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    The first book also made sure to mention how they decided to make these kids have superhuman bodies because the people who made the Spartan powered armor couldn't test it themselves without it putting a little bit of a kink into their backs.

By rotating their entire top half completely opposite the bottom half.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Fandom, the company that bought Gamespot and Giant Bomb, is laying off a bunch of people as well, including Jess and Jason.

man fuck this

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I love how the replies to that comic are just chock-a-block with people who don’t get the joke. It’s wonderful.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    We also learnt the release date for ENDLESS Dungeon, new game from Amplitude Studios: 18th May 2023

Feels like I heard about this many years ago when Endless Legend came out. Has this been in EA?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Trajan45 wrote: »

Feels like I heard about this many years ago when Endless Legend came out. Has this been in EA?

no but's it's been cooking for quite a while

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I love how the replies to that comic are just chock-a-block with people who don’t get the joke. It’s wonderful.

idgi

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular

Maybe you are mistaking it with Dungeon of the Endless, other game from those devs about endless dungeons?

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Naphtali wrote: »

idgi

Orchiectomy = surgery to remove testicles.

Testicles = balls = nuts.

Bofaectomy, therefore, sets you up for "BOFA DEEZ NUTS" used in the one case you are, in fact, referring to BOFA DEEZ NUTS being removed.

The comic, correctly assuming this punchline is obvious, instead shows the main character at the moment of triumph and exhilaration just before she gets to deliver the perfect joke.

milski on
    I ate an engineer
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular

Maybe you are mistaking it with Dungeon of the Endless, other game from those devs about endless dungeons?

Yeah that's probably what I'm thinking of. I love ya Amplitude, but maybe some diversification in the names here.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

idgi

Orchiectomy = surgery to remove testicles.

Testicles = balls = nuts.

Bofaectomy, therefore, sets you up for "BOFA DEEZ NUTS" used in the one case you are, in fact, referring to BOFA DEEZ NUTS being removed.

The comic, correctly assuming this punchline is obvious, instead shows the main character at the moment of triumph and exhilaration just before she gets to deliver the perfect joke.

a literal once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, happily not squandered

• Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    i would personally go with 'bofaecta deez nuts'

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Marvel Suns first DLC should have been Morbin Time.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Morbius sucks and Morbin' Time isn't funny

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Any support for unionization is great, but holy fuck is it funny that it took "personally not getting a credit on an HBO show" to make a director go "Wait, should workers have rights?"

Yeah that's probably what I'm thinking of. I love ya Amplitude, but maybe some diversification in the names here.

Endless Dungeon is sort of the sequal to Dungeon of the Endless

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    lol. lmao. big man finally got stung huh

liEt3nH.png
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Morbius sucks and Morbin' Time isn't funny

Yes and no, respectively.

I ate an engineer
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Sounds like he should've had a one-on-one conversation with management imho

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Morbius sucks

yeah it's how they all feed graham.

liEt3nH.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    lol. lmao. big man finally got stung huh

Yeah I allow certain people to be converted to a better opinion after a life experience (how bad american healthcare is, childcare costs etc) things people might just have heard about but never experienced first hand, but this? Come the fuck on.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    I never thought the leopards would eat my face!!!!

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    I tried Dungeon of the Endless when it came out. In the very first level I did everything, then positioned myself and opened the door to the next level and got bodied. And I looked at everything and thought "I have no idea how I failed it what if anything I could have done to prevent it." And then I uninstalled.

steam_sig.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Morbius in Midnight Suns is not going to be anything like the Leto movie.

DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Morbius in Midnight Suns is not going to be anything like the Leto movie.

that just makes it more likely he'll say It's Morbin' Time

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    morbin time was funny because it got the studio to lose more money re-releasing morbius

This discussion has been closed.