As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŽฎ - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Seems like a likely Deadpool line when placed in a mission with Morbius.

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    I tried Dungeon of the Endless when it came out. In the very first level I did everything, then positioned myself and opened the door to the next level and got bodied. And I looked at everything and thought "I have no idea how I failed it what if anything I could have done to prevent it." And then I uninstalled.

yeah I had this same experience

I just... no longer have time for games that make you lose without giving you any context or explanation.

"no you just need to keep losing and eventually git gud"

yeah no thanks I'm just going to play something I can actually enjoy now, instead

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Let me tell you about roguelike deckbuilders...

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Wait, Amplitude already put out a game called Dungeon of the Endless.

They're now putting out a (different?) game called Endless Dungeon?

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Morbius sucks and Morbin' Time isn't funny

counterpoint: morbin' time is extremely funny and only became funnier when sony tried to capitalize on it

and then it became even more funnier when they had to watch a similar meme actually get butts in seats for minions 2

TheySlashThem on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

raider of tombs

liEt3nH.png
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

Amplitude's naming conventions need some serious work

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Endless Space, Endless Legend, Dungeon of the Endless, now Endless Dungeon, now just waiting for Space of the Endless and Legend Of The Dungeon Of The Endless In SPAAAAACE!

euj90n71sojo.png
  • milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    LegEndless

I ate an engineer
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    They're just laying the groundwork to eventually make a game called The End and then shut down the studio completely.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    The Final Endless Season 4 Part 3

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if the Midnight Suns DLC basically needs to be played during the game or are there post-game stories (no spoilers ofc)

I'm a third of the way through and will probably be able to actually have Deadpool in my game if I bought him, but the later heroes would presumably be shelved until a later replay if so

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular

Any support for unionization is great, but holy fuck is it funny that it took "personally not getting a credit on an HBO show" to make a director go "Wait, should workers have rights?"
    That has extreme "As a father of a daughter, I now understand [...]" energy.

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Cello wrote: ยป
    Does anyone know if the Midnight Suns DLC basically needs to be played during the game or are there post-game stories (no spoilers ofc)

I'm a third of the way through and will probably be able to actually have Deadpool in my game if I bought him, but the later heroes would presumably be shelved until a later replay if so

They do the thing of, after you complete the last mission, you're placed back before the last mission and they add additional lvl 20 missions to the board that I haven't tried yet.

But considering this seems to be a Deadpool vs. Vampires specific storyline, it'll probably show up just as a line of missions on the mission board, I'm thinking?

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Cello wrote: ยป

Frustratingly unclear.

The press release mentions that the character DLC will come with the new story missions and an Abbey upgrade, but doesn't mention how/when the DLC will be accessed.

Without getting spoilery, the game does tell you what the final mission is and you can keep a save that allows you to do general missions and Abbey stuff to your heart's content. But that does just mean grinding general missions with the DLC characters to build relationship points, if they even have the friendship mechanic. I'm hoping they do, but I don't think the info we have specifics.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: ยป
    I love how the replies to that comic are just chock-a-block with people who donโ€™t get the joke. Itโ€™s wonderful.

idgi

Orchiectomy = surgery to remove testicles.

Testicles = balls = nuts.

Bofaectomy, therefore, sets you up for "BOFA DEEZ NUTS" used in the one case you are, in fact, referring to BOFA DEEZ NUTS being removed.

The comic, correctly assuming this punchline is obvious, instead shows the main character at the moment of triumph and exhilaration just before she gets to deliver the perfect joke.

I was talking about the cat is unemployed gundam from jess, but the order of the posts does make that unclear

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Outer Wilds
    I have been pottering around in this game on and off (my playing style is erratic and I bounce between different games a lot).
    Lately I've been going on expeditions to Brittle Hollow.
    I've discovered that the Nomani escaped here, and apparently their main ship got stuck in the bramble planet, so now I have to go there.
    I also found a bramble seed on my own home planet and threw a scout in there, which eventually hit a...thing.

I really haven't been looking forward to going there.

But I'm not done with brittle hollow yet. I can't work out how to get up to the temple, I haven't tried the other options on that scout shit that sent me into the sun, and I found a gravity path on the "roof" of brittle hollow that I couldn't follow because the place had collapse, so I have to race to it in an early run to get there and follow it.

I uh, tried to jump anyway.

Gravity came back, and I splashed on a wall very far down.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Morbius is a perfectly good character for Midnight Suns!

They aren't gonna use the shit Jared Leto version, and Morbius has had loads of cool comics where he hangs out with other monsters

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Brittle Hollow is probably the hardest planet to explore, but goddamn does it look pretty

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: ยป

They aren't gonna use the shit Jared Leto version, and Morbius has had loads of cool comics where he hangs out with other monsters

Are Morbius and Blade cool with each other, or is there any tension there

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They were enemies at first until Blade figured out what was up with him (he's not a real vampire, and he's trying to figure out a cure for his condition) and since then they've teamed up before

it's usually an adversarial relationship

liEt3nH.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MMYXzJ_ehc

edited January 2023
    Blade and Morbius are both actual members of the Midnight Sons at points in the comics, though not at the same time IIRC

Maddoc on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

hard to say, given that Morbius hasn't appeared yet, but Blade does threaten to kill the player character multiple times just for being mostly undead so I'm fairly certain he'll say something

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm confused about how someone can be mostly undead

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Morbius is also very proud of his alpine uphill skating medals, so there have been some rough conversations.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    I'm confused about how someone can be mostly undead

ykiekarfa3qn.png

liEt3nH.png
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    What Blade origin did the game use?

Comic Blade was originally just a cool vampire hunter guy whose only power was not being able to be turned into a vampire if he gets bitten.

Then movie Blade came out with the half-vampire stuff, and that was really popular so they decided to put that into the comics. But instead of trying to retcon his origins, they decided they'd turn him into a half-vampire now...even though his one power is being immune to vampire bites. They got around this by having Morbius be the one who bit him, since Morbius isn't a real vampire it had a weird interaction with his power and made him a half-vampire.

My piece on Rain World's relaunch and enormous fan-made expansion is up on PC Gamer now. Link in the next tweet, because incomprehensible Twitter reasons

If you found the game too intimidating back in 2017, it's a bit more accessible now. Still hard and mean, but approachably so

Much like The Binding Of Isaac's mostly-fan-made expansion revitalized that game, Downpour is practically a sequel packaged up as a chunk of DLC. It's bigger, more technical, more story-heavy and meaner than the original game.

And it's just the start.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Lars wrote: ยป

Comic Blade was originally just a cool vampire hunter guy whose only power was not being able to be turned into a vampire if he gets bitten.

Then movie Blade came out with the half-vampire stuff, and that was really popular so they decided to put that into the comics. But instead of trying to retcon his origins, they decided they'd turn him into a half-vampire now...even though his one power is being immune to vampire bites. They got around this by having Morbius be the one who bit him, since Morbius isn't a real vampire it had a weird interaction with his power and made him a half-vampire.

Everything in Midnight Suns is based off modern continuity (though not a part of it).

Blade uses the half-vampire/Dhampir origin: his mother was bitten by a vampire while giving birth to him.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: ยป
    Lars wrote: ยป

Everything in Midnight Suns is based off modern continuity (though not a part of it).

Blade uses the half-vampire/Dhampir origin: his mother was bitten by a vampire while giving birth.

I'll note modern continuity doesn't mean MCU though for anyone concerned

A lot of the characters are frankly refreshing; only one that is directly influenced is maybe Tony Stark but that's mostly in terms of VA work and there's references to comic arcs from him too

Really love this Doctor Strange being a dude who just loves spooky shit while being a little pompous and extremely verbose. So tired of the Benedict Cumberbatch Dr. House impression.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Doctor Strange should always crank up the Dr. Orpheus knob until it breaks off.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: ยป
    Sekiro
    - returned to the dojo, and fought Lone Shadow Vilehand
    - - had a much easier time than with Masanaga, partly because it's very nearly the same fight.
    - - kinda wish I could re-fight Longswordsman now. I feel he's a different flavor of Lone Shadow; I know he doesn't have the poison moveset, but I'm curious how similar they are.
    - - didn't see a way to handle the other enemy in the room without alerting Vilehand. I considered using the puppeteer power so he'd help me out, but decided against it.
    - Owl apparently didn't die during the bandit? raid on Hirata Estate, and he's also after the Dragon Heritage.
    - - "I want to stay and admire the view"
    - - - *yeah, right. You know Wolf's here*
    - - pretty sure it's a "but thou must" moment, but I sided with Kuro. So now I'm fighting Owl, and he's quite good at murdering me. I'm slowly learning the fight, though.

It is not a "thou must" moment. You can side the other way .

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius

counterpoint: morbin' time is extremely funny and only became funnier when sony tried to capitalize on it

and then it became even more funnier when they had to watch a similar meme actually get butts in seats for minions 2

gyab10iwtlkq.png

numbers don't lie

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: ยป
    Doctor Strange should always crank up the Dr. Orpheus knob until it breaks off.

You mean he sleeps with dead people?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: ยป
    Sekiro
    - returned to the dojo, and fought Lone Shadow Vilehand
    - - had a much easier time than with Masanaga, partly because it's very nearly the same fight.
    - - kinda wish I could re-fight Longswordsman now. I feel he's a different flavor of Lone Shadow; I know he doesn't have the poison moveset, but I'm curious how similar they are.
    - - didn't see a way to handle the other enemy in the room without alerting Vilehand. I considered using the puppeteer power so he'd help me out, but decided against it.
    - Owl apparently didn't die during the bandit? raid on Hirata Estate, and he's also after the Dragon Heritage.
    - - "I want to stay and admire the view"
    - - - *yeah, right. You know Wolf's here*
    - - pretty sure it's a "but thou must" moment, but I sided with Kuro. So now I'm fighting Owl, and he's quite good at murdering me. I'm slowly learning the fight, though.

It is not a "thou must" moment. You can side the other way .

hmm...

that's going to bother me a bit, I guess.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: ยป

gyab10iwtlkq.png

numbers don't lie

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/023/699/Screen_Shot_2017-08-17_at_3.57.59_PM.jpgl2k5iouipfaq.jpeg

Brolo wrote: ยป

gyab10iwtlkq.png

numbers don't lie

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/023/699/Screen_Shot_2017-08-17_at_3.57.59_PM.jpgl2k5iouipfaq.jpeg

wopalqic06qc.jpg

This discussion has been closed.