As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pride and Prejudice and Goncharov [Movies]

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    it's tronbin time

I hate everything about this post

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I love some Tron. But I'd rather there was no more Tron.

No one needs Tron that badly. If they told me they were making a rocketeer sequel with Jared Leto signed on, I would have to say no more Rocketeer.

• Options
    20070323-lz9ml6zN-p2.jpg20070323-lz9ml6zN-p3.jpg

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I looked at Jared Leto's recent filmography to try and figure it out

And I don't see any way that he could be seen as a draw, so it's weird

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    He's such an obvious ticking time bomb.

Did Disney send some VP out to his compound to check that out. "Hey Mr Iger, nothing wrong here, every girl I spent time with this week all had the same birthday in 1999, nothing suspicious"

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    I looked at Jared Leto's recent filmography to try and figure it out

And I don't see any way that he could be seen as a draw, so it's weird

You take that back. He was wonderous in house of Gucci. Everyone was absolutely insane in that movie

• Options
    It is virtually impossible to look at that movie and say it made any amount of money because of Jared Leto though, even if I can grudgingly admit he was one of the best parts

• Options
    I loved the choice for everyone to have bad Italian accents but no one to have the same bad Italian accent

• Options
    is house of Gucci worth it? I'm contemplating growing my hair out like Adam Driver in it.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    It's understandably devisive but I loved House of Gucci, I think it was the better Ridley Scott movie to come out that year.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Everyone in House of Gucci is a cartoon character, and then there's Jared Leto being a little too over the top even for the rest of the movie.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Also probably my favorite sex scene in any movie.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    House of Gucci is watching an absolute giant of his art getting shit pants hammered and inviting theater people to go "as absolutely big as you can" and literally no one tells anyone to reign it in even a little

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    God damn that whiplash on that Tron news was so fast. God DAMN.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    God damn that whiplash on that Tron news was so fast. God DAMN.

Is Cillian Murphy still attached? They were going to have him play a big part in the scrapped third film.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'd wager they're carrying nothing over from that last movie

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    are they having Daft Punk back

that's the real question

• Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    We don't even have Daft Punk for the soundtrack anymore.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I feel like my interest flag in Tron has flown already.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »

that's the real question

Daft Punk with a 30 Seconds to Mars feature, yeah

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

that's the real question

Daft Punk with a 30 Seconds to Mars feature, yeah

god damn you, monkey's paw

god damn you to hell

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited January 2023

that's the real question

Daft Punk broke up/retired in 2021

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Is 30 Seconds to Mars still a thing? Like do they make new music or tour or anything at all?

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Is 30 Seconds to Mars still a thing? Like do they make new music or tour or anything at all?

Unfortunately they are, and they do, yes.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    I think I got tricked into not hating one of their songs but I can’t remember which one it was.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

that's the real question

Daft Punk broke up/retired in 2021

The members have done solo score work before...

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    My "movies can be bad" childhood moment was Nothing But Trouble, a movie I am still astounded made it through any sort of production and audience testing.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Return of jafar was pretty good tho

i was more of a 'aladdin and the king of thieves' kid
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    My "movies can be bad" childhood moment was Nothing But Trouble, a movie I am still astounded made it through any sort of production and audience testing.

i saw part of it with zero context on tv as a very young child and it plagued me for years!

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    I don't know if it showed me movies could "bad" given I was still so young at the time, but Transformers (1986) callously murdering the entire cast I was so excited to see within the first 10 minutes certainly taught me how painful they could be.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what my first experience of movies being bad was.

But I often had the belief that if an actor was in one thing I liked then I'd like them in anything else in the video store.

Like I watched a bunch of Adam Sandler movies when I was a preteen and that led to me watching Anger Management and you know what this Jack Nicholson guy is pretty funny too I guess I'll check out this About Schmidt flick.

Or maybe Jim Carrey, y'know, from Ace Ventura and The Mask, he's very funny, right? Time to see what else is in the comedy section with him, what have we got here? Man on the Moon, sure, Me Myself and Irene, why not? I'm sure I have the context for these movies at ten years old.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I'm probably too old to recall the first time I was disappointed by a movie. What I do recall is the unhappy realization, sometime in the middle of both the Prequel and Sequel Trilogies, that they were not going to get better or live up to the hopes I had after viewing the first movie of each; and going into Episodes III and IX with dread and resignation ("let's get this over with") and coming out feeling... mostly numb, really, but relieved it was finally over. :disappointed:

• Options
    AbsurdPropositionAbsurdProposition Registered User regular
    Does it count if it was a trailer? As a kid I remember thinking "why would you make a bad movie and advertise it" when I saw the one for Master of Disguise.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Return of jafar was pretty good tho

i was more of a 'aladdin and the king of thieves' kid
    astrobstrd wrote: »

i saw part of it with zero context on tv as a very young child and it plagued me for years!

For some reason, I had for the longest time convinced myself I had seen some animated movie, and it ended with either them completely fucked post-apocalypse, or they had gone back in time and were stuck and just completely fucked that way. The time travel aspect is more resonant, but I absolutely can't remember anymore.

I later decided it had to be a dream.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes because you kept saying it's good. They made Andy Serkis do the Tower of Hanoi 😞

I love how you can hear the writers working saying okay Alzheimer's drug, how do we get it to spread? Uhh what if now it's an aerosol for no fucking reason, nailed it.

Coinage on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    The long-rumored myth has finally been proven true

Fm4Ji7hXEAI63iu?format=jpg&name=small

Stallone was correct after all: Arnold got him good

Fm1m3CqXoAI0-rQ?format=jpg&name=small

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I rented that movie multiple times as a child and loved it

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    I’m not sure if we talked about this but apparently Julian Sands is missing.

He was hiking in the mountains when a storm came in and has been missing ever since.

He was reported missing on 1/13 which was a week ago now.

• Options

Unfortunately they are, and they do, yes.

I think if Elon Musk really wanted to make amends, he would have killed two birds with one stone and put Jared Leto in that tesla he launched towards Mars.

• Options
    The only acceptable thing for Elon Musk to do at this point is give away all of his money or just disappear.

Both preferably

This discussion has been closed.