As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    ...yours is called Audrey too?

I call mine LL Cool J

Does the name even show up anywhere other than the part where you enter the name?

• Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    jothki wrote: »

I call mine LL Cool J

Does the name even show up anywhere other than the part where you enter the name?

When you go to feed it, it says "Feed <name>"

• Options
    CroakerBC wrote: »

I call mine LL Cool J

When you go to feed it, it says "Feed <name>"

Ah. I think I just called mine "Helminth", which explains why I didn't notice it.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ahoy, any space for me in the PC guild/clan/dojo these days? Having trouble remembering what I was doing last time I played.
    My username appears to be 38thdoe#517(windows symbol)

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Ahoy, any space for me in the PC guild/clan/dojo these days? Having trouble remembering what I was doing last time I played.
    My username appears to be 38thdoe#517(windows symbol)

I'll get on it later tonight.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Devstream today. Next update is Citrine's Last Wish, coming in February. Citrine is new warframe, gemstone themed. Couple new arcanes, cold status now slows enemies more (up to 85% at max stacks, max stacks reduced from 10 to 8, first application gives 50% slow). This will probably still not move the needle on it but I guess 70% slow on things that can only be affected by 4 stacks of elements could be ... a thing to meme with.

New augments for Gara, Gyre, Revenant, Yareli.

Also new pity system for tauforged shards where not getting a tauforged shard applies a 20% bonus chance to the next time, stacking until you get a tauforged. And I'll be real this sounds absolutely awful unless they intend to make the bonus tracked per shard color, because you'll just have people abstaining from archon hunts so that they don't 'waste' their bonus on colors they might not want.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    If they are going to do anything with cold status why don't they make it 50% slow OR 50% more damage each cold proc. I have no idea if that would move the needle any but the main reason most don't use cold is that it doesn't increase damage in ways like other status effects ... right?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    Alternately they should just remove damage multipliers like that or curtail them extremely heavily. Because it's fucking pants that you have some statuses that multiply your damage by over 4x while others are strictly, like, utility. Elements already have inherent multipliers against health types, they should not need that shit. That would come along with a complete enemy rebalance in my Big Book of Shit I Wish Warframe Would Do.

• Options
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    my helminth is named Audrey III

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    I named mine frakir in a moment of nostalgia, but I see the name so infrequently I'm always pleasantly surprised by the reference.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Citrine's Last Wish appears tomorrow https://www.warframe.com/news/citrines-last-wish
    ABILITIES
    Passive: Geoluminesence
    When Citrine picks up a Health Orb, an aura surrounds her that steadily provides additional health over time.

Fractured Blast:
    Slash and stagger enemies with a crystal blast that inflicts Bleed. Enemies afflicted with this Status Effect have an increased chance of dropping Health and Energy Orbs.. *Fractured Blast is Citrine’s Helminth Ability at 50% strength.

Preserving Shell
    Citrine guards herself and nearby allies with a crystalline shell that gradually decays. Kills and assists increase the defensive power of the shell.

Prismatic Gem
    Deploy a gem that shoots prismatic beams. The gem targets enemies that are taking weapon damage from Citrine and her allies. Its beams inflict Heat, Cold, Toxin, and Electricity Status Effects. Status Chance and Status Duration increase for nearby allies.. *Prismatic Gem is Citrine’s Railjack ability - can be used to deploy a geode via the Tactical Menu.

Crystallize
    Citrine summons crystal fractals. The fractals rush forward, seeking enemies. Enemies touched by the fractals are paralyzed by crystalline growths. Hit the growths to deal increased damage.

I am so fucking annoyed that we have another Helminth, the second one in a row, focused on orb generation. I would have much, MUCH, rather had Preserving Shell as the Helminth, because dear god almighty does it need consistent survivability options that aren't fucking Gloom. Ugh.

• Options
    You're not going to see much in the way of defensive abilities being helminth-able, because they're frequently:
    a. Frame defining. Defensive abilities frequently define the frame and what give certain frames a unique flavor. Rhino is pretty much defined by his Iron skin, and to some degree that applies to other tank frames like Revenant, Nezha or Valkyr.
    b. Passive abilities and would be easily exploitable to give certain frames a much higher than intended toughness. You can just imagine what Nova or banshee would be like if they had a powerful defensive shell? Or if (god forbid) we see something like Mesmer Skin being helminthable?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    I'm not asking for Mesmer Skin, I'm asking for like a 75% max capped DR that has a decent base duration (~20s). Not as good as Splinter Storm, but I could slap the button and be good. No special conditionals, no sacrificing shields. Just

Also when Gloom is right there I find that any whinging about defensive being too iconic to be on the table laughable.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Yeah, and I want the old World on Fire back. I don't think either of us are getting our wish. :|

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Dac wrote: »
    I'm not asking for Mesmer Skin, I'm asking for like a 75% max capped DR that has a decent base duration (~20s). Not as good as Splinter Storm, but I could slap the button and be good. No special conditionals, no sacrificing shields. Just

Also when Gloom is right there I find that any whinging about defensive being too iconic to be on the table laughable.

Yeah, but Mirage probably shouldn't be able to get a ~800% damage buff and a 75% damage reduction, for instance. She's kind of broken as it is, and the only thing saving it is she's so squishy.

dporowski on
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »

Yeah, but Mirage probably shouldn't be able to get a ~800% damage buff and a 75% damage reduction, for instance. She's kind of broken as it is, and the only thing saving it is she's so squishy.

I don't see why not. Revenant is literally immortal with a bare minimum of attention and has functionally infinite scaling damage. Gara walks around with 90% DR, a scaling damage aura, and can (as I do) slap Eclipse over spectrorage to become a nigh unkillable weapons platform.

Like, okay, in your hypothetical, that Mirage is doing about 2.6x the damage of my Gara (my Gara gets a 240% damage buff from subsumed Eclipse, 100+240%=340. 100+800%=900, 900/340=2.64), but is taking about 2.5x the incoming damage (for every 100 damage, I'm taking 10, for every 100 damage, she's taking 25). That Mirage could do a LOT more damage indirectly and/or be exploiting shield gating through other means like Pillage (heck at the 400% power strength needed for 800% she has a full armor strip on Pillage), but they've chosen to forego that for convenience/security? Even when you factor in her Hall of Mirrors... yeah, I just have a hard time getting bent out of shape about even a case like Mirage having some extra DR.

Especially when, again. *gestures with frustration at Revenant, what the Hell DE*

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Yeah, and I want the old World on Fire back. I don't think either of us are getting our wish. :|

I agree!

But also for me Ember was a "Can I make this frame work? Yes! ...this is, ah, this is pretty boring" so she got shoved in the back of the closet.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The other scaling damage sources aren't guns, though, which already have their own set of absurd multipliers for damage.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    i have 1600 plat for some reason and have only made it to deimos, what you all suggest i should buy?

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    i have 1600 plat for some reason and have only made it to deimos, what you all suggest i should buy?

Slots.

ETA: Warframe slots, Weapon slots, you gonna need all the slots.

Maybe a Necramech if you hate the grind, though someone here may be able to hook you up with parts.

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

Do you have any particular playstyle you enjoy? We might suggest some warframes, though some are easier to just grind for than others.

But in general I'd just say keep playing, unless it's a time-limited bundle or a great deal, things will still be there later.

• Options

Slots.

Maybe a Necramech if you hate the grind, though someone here may be able to hook you up with parts.

If you ever plan on seriously engaging in isolation vaults, the grind to get the Necramech itself is negligible compared to the grind to get everything else that follows, especially the Necramech weapon parts. I don't think I managed to see even a single part drop in all of my runs, much less a full set. Aim for anything in particular, and you will likely end up with 2 built and multiple disassembled mechs in your inventory before you finish getting it. Of course, the same goes for everyone else so just being handed the parts is probably viable.

Slots are all, though. I dumped almost all of my platinum into buying more and more slots, and being able to hold on to every weapon and frame that isn't eclipsed by an alternative version felt so good, even if I was never going to use most of them after I mastered them.

• Options

Slots.

If you ever plan on seriously engaging in isolation vaults, the grind to get the Necramech itself is negligible compared to the grind to get everything else that follows, especially the Necramech weapon parts. I don't think I managed to see even a single part drop in all of my runs, much less a full set. Aim for anything in particular, and you will likely end up with 2 built and multiple disassembled mechs in your inventory before you finish getting it. Of course, the same goes for everyone else so just being handed the parts is probably viable.

Slots are all, though. I dumped almost all of my platinum into buying more and more slots, and being able to hold on to every weapon and frame that isn't eclipsed by an alternative version felt so good, even if I was never going to use most of them after I mastered them.

I really need to sell some Prime sets so I can buy more slots.

• Options
    1. Titania is the best way to collect crystals in the Mirror Defense mission.
    2. I don't trust anyone else to bring Titania so that I can take it easy.
    3. Flying Titania for 20 minutes on Mirror Defense makes me dizzy.

:(

• Options

All of this is true, though hit me up and I'll take Titania for a run for you. I am anyway.
    It's worse when those Wisp speed things appear though. ZOOOOOM....bonk. ZOOOOOOM! ...bonk.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

My main is Titania because death pixie is best pixie.

• Options
    Man there are times when I hate how DE manages their game but it still lets me do stupid shit like this so it's funny.

https://youtu.be/1BH4DUUYHyU
    wax-on-wax-off.gif

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular

All of this is true, though hit me up and I'll take Titania for a run for you. I am anyway.
    It's worse when those Wisp speed things appear though. ZOOOOOM....bonk. ZOOOOOOM! ...bonk.

With some blitz stacks or wisp speed I just stop using sprint. You're so fast that you don't need it, and cannot bonk yourself unless sprinting.

• Options
    Jeix wrote: »

With some blitz stacks or wisp speed I just stop using sprint. You're so fast that you don't need it, and cannot bonk yourself unless sprinting.

Maybe if you don't have decrepit old person reflexes!

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    I still get a jolly giggle out of sitting in my little nest of Protea turrets.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Hey look I have Octavia

I have no idea how I got Octavia but she do be there

• Options
    Hey look I have Octavia

I have no idea how I got Octavia but she do be there, vibing.

unts unts unts unts

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Hey look I have Octavia

I have no idea how I got Octavia but she do be there

They did a Prime Gaming giveaway a couple months back.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    god damn, is there any trick to corpus archon hunt interception missions? my most tricked out bullshit weapons that cruise easily through steel path do nothing to the eximuses and amalgams and sentients, the only thing that works out at all is umbra excal chromatic blade laser sword+howling blind spam and even then the rest of the team just eats shit while I try to hold just one point.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I've never had a problem, though lately I've been using xaku. his ginormous aoe armor/shield strip plopped in or near the active area generally trivializes the encounters. Two of them can be in place at once, and while there is a duration on the power itself the stripping function lasts until a recast removes it. My build has a max of 15 "guns" for his second power, with enough power strength to just stand there for all the problems in los to melt away. If you want any kills to charge an incarnon weapon or whatnot, the build is going to be frustrating.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    maybe armor and shield stripping is what I needed

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    it makes things a lot eaiser, but eximii are immune to frame powers until you take off their overshields. I love bows and generally use the nataruk, but most beefy weapons remove them on a headshot for me. I never use high rate of fire stuff though, it's all semi auto high damage per shot. It helps that every other mob is just dead on arrival with armor strip though, can concentrate on the live ones.

• Options
    I did not know that about exmius overshields

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    They are 100% bullshit, because people were killing stuff "too fast".
    The problem with trying to "fix" this is that the grind, and finding ways to accelerate it, is pretty much Warframe's entire gameplay loop.
    (Also, DE still cannot math and probably never will.)

Commander Zoom on
This discussion has been closed.