As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Odyssey should not be able to still wow me, but after taking out a cultist and fleeing their fleet, I make landfall at the nearest island I'm treated to expansive fields of gorgeous red flowers unlike anything I've seen so far and I'm at a loss.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Sekiro
    zapi8ur1asfc.png

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Odyssey should not be able to still wow me, but after taking out a cultist and fleeing their fleet, I make landfall at the nearest island I'm treated to expansive fields of gorgeous red flowers unlike anything I've seen so far and I'm at a loss.

Odyssey is the best looking AssCree

especially the DLC areas

• ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    Outer Wilds is exposing my chronic lack of patience, I feel like sticking with it will be like mental medicine.

Are you stuck on something, or is it just having to wait to retry things at specific times?

I made loooads of progress after that post so I just clearly need more fortitude.

• firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Sekiro
    zapi8ur1asfc.png

Congrats. Pretty much every year since that game came out I'll start a new game, get to that fight, and spend a day beating my head against it only to get frustrated and shelve it. I love the game, but I think that fight is just beyond me. I've gotten so close before, and have tried all the tactics, but it just won't happen.

Then again, it's a new year, so who knows, maybe it will happen this year...

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    Sekiro
    zapi8ur1asfc.png

Congrats. Pretty much every year since that game came out I'll start a new game, get to that fight, and spend a day beating my head against it only to get frustrated and shelve it. I love the game, but I think that fight is just beyond me. I've gotten so close before, and have tried all the tactics, but it just won't happen.

Then again, it's a new year, so who knows, maybe it will happen this year...

I believe you can do it! I don't even know how many hours I poured into the fight over the last few days.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023

Odyssey is the best looking AssCreed

especially the DLC areas

I rarely complete games, but I've done Odyssey twice...

The game is just magical, and I love to just explore. Just unfortunate Valhalla didn't get there.

Dixon on
  • MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    I don't play a bunch of AAA games, with the exception of From Software. Just started Star Wars Fallen Order and good lord is this game good looking. Cal's hair alone!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

planescape: torment, official press kit render (1999) mobygames.com/game/planescap…

devs: what's stopping you from making your games look like this

• milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

planescape: torment, official press kit render (1999) mobygames.com/game/planescap…

The price of clay due to pandemic related supply shocks, mostly.

I ate an engineer
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Not every game needs to be a horror game, brolo.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Not every game needs to be a horror game, brolo.

you shut your mouth

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Brolo wrote: »

This was my favorite season of Reboot.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Okay but put that skull in literally any modern game and it is improved

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Seeing that makes me want to try and play Planescape for the fifth time. I just know I’ll brush up against the 2e gameplay and end up bored with it within three hours.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    What is the literal mechanical operation of that “outfit”. Like how does she even put it on?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    It's like those toys where it's a bunch of sticks held together with elastic and you just kind of take a section of it, spread it apart, and pop a ball into the center. Like that.

steam_sig.png
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    In games that are absolutely fucking doomed to failure news, I present Forspoken

Why is this game doomed to fail. Because it is clearly a technical mess. Why might you ask?

The reccomended system requirements are detailed to run this game at 1440p 30fps.

This game wants you to have a 3070 and 24GBs OF RAM WHAT IN THE FUCK ARE THEY SMOKING.

Forspoken (steam link)

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    How much do you need to run it at a normal person resolution?

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    How much do you need to run it at a normal person resolution?

They don't even say.

for 720p 30fps you need

Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600 (3.7GHz or better) / Intel® Core™ i7-3770 (3.7GHz or better)
    Memory: 16 GB RAM
    Graphics: AMD Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 8GB / NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM

Why they couldn't figure out what you need to run this at 1080p60 is beyond me.

• H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    Also going off some of the reviews that have dropped for Forspoken today, maybe wait for a sale. Sounds like the game is just kinda ehh even outside the PC system requirements.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Forspoken had a wait until it hits PS+ vibe since it was first shown.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Apparently Forspoken supports DirectStorage. Is that the first game shipping with it? I don't think I've heard of any others.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Forspoken is almost guaranteed to be an unoptimized fucking mess on PC, and even then I don't entirely trust those weird requirements

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I’m playing Disco Elysium again.

This time I figured Harry would wake up as Judge Dredd, so a lot of “I am the Law” and Fascism.

It is… REALLY difficult to be consistently fascist. Harry doesn’t sound like Dredd when he’s a fascist, he sounds like a sniveling, weasely little shit, and y’know what, I think the writing in this game might be pretty good.

sarukun on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Playing a game called Sailing Era and getting legitimately humiliated for my geography knowledge when a quest for my Chinese Merchant/Academic is to go to Manila with no sailing charts.

Literally I went so south I fucking hit Australlia.

edited January 2023
    Some forspoken reactions:

1. Her face looks fucked up, like they did a bad job on the mocap for this, it is actively off-putting to me in this scene.
    2. god, this is so badly written
    3. why do they keep fucking saying cuff!!!?!?!? jesus christ, i feel like i'm on an alternate plane of existence. no one - no one uses cuff in this context, by itself. It's so fucking weird and is such a weird hill for this game to die on.

cursedking on
    As someone who is still fascinated with how bad left alive is while being great I am the designated forspoken mark.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That is indeed notably terrible

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Playing a game called Sailing Era and getting legitimately humiliated for my geography knowledge when a quest for my Chinese Merchant/Academic is to go to Manila with no sailing charts.

this seems brutal

like, I understand manilla is the phillipines and I know where the phillipines are, but fuck me if I know where in the phillipines it is or relative to some random port in china is would be

it's a fucking bracelet!! just call it a bracelet!?!?!?!? god, it's so annoying.

this seems brutal

like, I understand manilla is the phillipines and I know where the phillipines are, but fuck me if I know where in the phillipines it is or relative to some random port in china is would be

Fun bonus points it’s tucked away in a cove which means you only see it from your boat from a specific angle if you’re just scanning islands.

Is cuff synonymous with bracelet, I would have thought not I would have said that cuffs and bracelets are fully distinct nouns

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

Hobnail wrote: »
    Is cuff synonymous with bracelet, I would have thought not I would have said that cuffs and bracelets are fully distinct nouns

cuff isn't a thing!! your cuff is the end of your sleeve. There are "cuff" bracelets but you wouldn't call them just...cuffs, except as slang for handcuffs. It's just a super weird thing for them to latch on to.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    it's a fucking bracelet!! just call it a bracelet!?!?!?!? god, it's so annoying.
    They must've come up with the name off the bracelet.

Glal wrote: »
    They must've come up with the name off the bracelet.

this was good this helped my immediate mood after watching that clip and getting irrationally annoyed by it, thank you

I mean, not a thing but etymologically correct seems like a good fantasy noun.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Played some more Disco Elysium over the weekend.

While still in the firm grip of amnesia due to self-destructive alcohol and drug abuse, I spoke with a girl standing outside a book shop about different genres of fiction. When I asked her to explain crime fiction to me, I began to compare myself to a famous literary detective and became so insecure about my own cop abilities that I spiraled into depression and resigned my post. Game over.

This is a good video game, folks.

No I must say I agree that is enormously vexing, I'm sure that games writing is wall to wall floor to ceiling garbage and even if you played through all of it the cuff thing would stand out, fuck that shit

• GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    stick your thumb in your ass bruter

This discussion has been closed.