As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    cursedking wrote: »
    it's a fucking bracelet!! just call it a bracelet!?!?!?!? god, it's so annoying.
    They must've come up with the name off the bracelet.

No see, Cuff was the name of the doctor.

steam_sig.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    There are absolutely people who just call (cuff style) bracelets cuffs

It's not the most common thing in the world, but it's one of the types of bracelets you can do that with (the other big one being bangles)

That said, she is in fact wearing bangles and not cuffs

Straightzi on
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Cuff is just his name he knows he’s a bangle.

• PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    No I must say I agree that is enormously vexing, I'm sure that games writing is wall to wall floor to ceiling garbage and even if you played through all of it the cuff thing would stand out, fuck that shit

Bracelet has “let” in it which is small and diminutive and kind of like “Lette” which is feminine.

Cuff is like “buff” which is strong and masculine which balances the human’s femininity.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    the whole thing is a gambit so she can eventually say she's not taking guff from a cuff

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    No, Gambit wears partially-fingerless gloves, not cuffs.

94f4391c6e07744f35b5dff3e3b8c71b.jpg

• asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    those gloves make no sense to me

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    asofyeun wrote: »

there's a lot about gambit's outfit that doesn't make sense, it's fine

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

look gambit just doesn't want to have to go to the gym, so he just taped on some plastic with abs drawn on it

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited January 2023

it kind of makes sense. He has to touch things to charge them with energy, so at least the thumb and index finger need to be uncovered (for card throwing). You could, of course, just wear fingerless gloves for this utility...

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
    edited January 2023
    I think Gambit needed to make skin contact with an object to charge it with his power, but he also wanted to be a cool guy who wore gloves so this was his big-brained solution.

Edit: You know, I was about to comment on Gambit not even having those abs if he was shown shirtless, but after googling, I was surprised to see that he actually did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hO2SK3SJOo

Lars on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the 90s were a different time

Naphtali wrote: »

look gambit just doesn't want to have to go to the gym, so he just taped on some plastic with abs drawn on it

gambit absolutely goes to the gym

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    gambit goes to the gym but he only does abs and cardio

• never dienever die Registered User regular

You only need to accidentally kinetically charge one clitoris to realize you need to wear those gloves if you’re Gambit.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular

Like his hat? thing? What the fuck is that?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    it's a fucking bracelet!! just call it a bracelet!?!?!?!? god, it's so annoying.

i'll bet you anything they used cuff because they thought bracelet would have turned off the gamer chuds as too girly

Magic Pink on
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    the 90s were a different time

The debut of the Xmen cartoon is closer in time to the Kennedy assassination then it is to today.

steam_sig.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    never die wrote: »

You only need to accidentally kinetically charge one clitoris to realize you need to wear those gloves if you’re Gambit.

He can only energize inanimate objects!

Straightzi wrote: »

you see a lot of clitorii jogging then do you

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    🚨New Steamworld game!🚨
    https://youtu.be/8Yf288cJwFM

It's "SimCity with Dungeon Keeper!" It's a city builder! It's a mine builder! It's coming out this year!
    It has a demo available right NOW! https://store.steampowered.com/app/2134770

Crippl3 on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I'll bet if I had those powers I'd accidentally energize my gloves all the time and have to whip them off.

Point: Gambit knows multiple mutants who can turn their bodies into inorganic material.

Counterpoint: Gambit probably doesn't know where to find the clitoris.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    When someone says “cuff” in that context I immediately think of those 2-inch wide leather cuffs that like, the guy from Sugar Ray and every employee at American Eagle wore in the late 90s/early 00s.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »

do you not

• OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Point: Gambit knows multiple mutants who can turn their bodies into inorganic material.

Counterpoint: Gambit probably doesn't know where to find the clitoris.

I think I read years ago a comic where Gambit picked up a chunk of ice from Iceman's body and used it as a projectile

3cl1ps3 wrote: »

do you not

If I recall correctly, no, they wouldn't

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Maybe he's an artist.
    j0zv12lsvbsh.jpg

3cl1ps3 wrote: »

do you not

i'll be honest i have not looked

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    If I wrote XMen Magneto's dialogue would focus a lot more on how he always knows what direction North is, like a bird.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

i'll bet you anything they used cuff because they thought bracelet would have turned off the gamer chuds as too girly

I'll bet you something else that's exactly correct.

steam_sig.png
  • ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    So, we're all assuming that Gambit probably once accidentally energized a wad of toilet paper up before use right

So, we're all assuming that Gambit probably once accidentally energized a wad of toilet paper up before use right

oh that poor son of bitch

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Medical accidents of super powered heroes would make a fascinating reality series, now that I think about it.

Medical accidents of super powered heroes would make a fascinating reality series, now that I think about it.

Could even do stuff with the villains where they're considering kidnapping the doctor that treats super-powered individuals to try and get confidential information from them on the hero's weaknesses, only to have it pointed out that the doctor is also the only person qualified to treat their boss who has a dwarf star in place of his heart, and so they probably shouldn't fuck with him.

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

A whole wing of the hospital dedicated to people who fell into vats

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    There was a very short lived comics run called District X that featured bishop helping people who were like, mutants, but not X-men grade. So a guy who had plant control powers but grew roots when he sat down and got stuck all the time, or a guy with the powers of the human torch but not fire resistance. I have to imagine if it lived longer it might have gotten a hospital segment with that kind of thing.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

How many times has Wolverine been very thankful he can regenerate after an accidental schnick in an unfortunate location

• CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    I was digging through my game collection tonight and finally tried out Fallen Enchantress- Legendary Edition. It was fine, but felt very sterile. I tried playing a scenario but after a couple of hours it didn't hook me in. It had all the parts I would expect in a game of its type and they all appeared to function well, but it just felt soulless.

Age of Wonders III still holds the crown for the MoMlikes. I have some hopes for Age of Wonders IV, but it will depend on the quality of the campaign. I need an overarching storyline and the ability to develop my heroes over multiple maps to really have these games click for me. Or an individual scenario has to be really, really good.

After Fallen Enchantress, I dug up Brutal Legend from my backlog and gave it a shot. This game starts off extremely strong and just oozes style. I just met up with the other characters and I think I'm getting sent on the first major mission in the game. To date it appears to be an action game, though I don't know if you can actually die outside of falling off the road. I knew this game came out a while ago, but apparently it was 2013 and it stands up really well. The comedy to date has been pretty good. The gag of what one NPC focuses on in the first campfire scene got a chuckle out of me and there's been a bunch of good stuff before then too.

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

A whole wing of the hospital dedicated to people who fell into vats

There's a person in the Gotham OSHA office who is about two weeks from turning into a costumed villain if one more inspector rubber-stamps a noncompliant guardrail.

GDdCWMm.jpg
This discussion has been closed.