As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I have started playing Disco Elysium for the first time

Yes this prose is quite delightful to hear
    when you're done tell me who your favorite racist in the game is

Gundi on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Isn't the PC version of the original Dead Space a famously bad port?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular

It's not that bad, but the mouse sensitivity is straight up busted. If you play it with a controller it's basically fine, that's how I played it.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    apparently it's mostly fixable, but yeah it's jank as hell

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I just watched an Echoes of the Eye 100% shiplog speedrun. It was crazy and super impressive but man I found it so stressful, and that was knowing in advance it had gone well. I don't think I could handle watching live speedrunning, constantly on edge about a single move going wrong and fucking the run completely.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    H0b0man wrote: »
    I had completely forgotten that the Dead Space remake comes out this month, let alone this Friday.

Never played the original games so I guess I'm going to spend my weekend being a scared baby.

You could just buy the original for like 4$, it's still real real good
    is it four bucks somewhere

i've been waiting for months and it hasn't dropped below 20

sorry that's just the last price i saw it at, i don't remember where or when. must have been a sale

you can track the current going price here:
    https://isthereanydeal.com/game/deadspace/info/

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

It's not that bad, but the mouse sensitivity is straight up busted. If you play it with a controller it's basically fine, that's how I played it.

No... it's that bad.
    https://youtu.be/-gTVukO6m6M

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Okay, well I played it just fine so I dunno, that's my metric for how good a port is I guess

Can you play it? Yeah, sure

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Games breaking because of framerate that is too high isn't something that makes a port that bad. That is pretty common.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    But I was under the impression that frames win games

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    But I was under the impression that frames win games

playing quake arena on the lowest graphic settings possible at 5000 fps

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Buying a new computer with a massively overspend CPU to speed up Dwarf Fortress

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    Oghulk wrote: »
    I have started playing Disco Elysium for the first time

Yes this prose is quite delightful to hear
    when your done tell me who your favorite racist in the game is

Honestly they did the third racist dirty, they're a pretty quality racist but there's no way they could live up to the hype. I mean, three wishes? Really?

• Options
    NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Buying a new computer with a massively overspend CPU to speed up Dwarf Fortress

Keep in mind that most of Dwarf Fortress is still single-threaded, so single-core processing power is what matters.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I really liked Dead Space, and I definitely used a mouse

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    According to Steam I bought Dead Space in 2014, played it for 14 minutes and noped out hard. Should give it another try, surely the community has some fixes floating around these days...

[edit] Quality port.
    2szvi8f12l79.png

Glal on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    lmao

congratulations to the Warthunder on being the first video game to be classified as a risk on a background check, your community is terrifying and I hope it continues being so
    tybsrd6rb6xw.png

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Probably like… 4 years ago, I was interviewed as part of a CIA background check for a friend who was being hired. They asked me if he played any online video games, and then asked for examples of any that I knew he definitely played. He didn’t ask about specific games, but he definitely wanted to know what was being played.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    Karoz wrote: »

I don't know if the aesthetic is cranking my motor, but those games are fun and that cinematic does a shockingly decent job of conveying the manner in which they are fun, that's a neat trick

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Probably like… 4 years ago, I was interviewed as part of a CIA background check for a friend who was being hired. They asked me if he played any online video games, and then asked for examples of any that I knew he definitely played. He didn’t ask about specific games, but he definitely wanted to know what was being played.

I'm sure they are plenty cognizant of any social platform as being a potential security risk, but I'm curious how many besides Warthunder have been explicitly brought up by name.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    My Forspoken experience is that the crime drama intro it has is pretty cool.

Also it crashed like four times in twenty minutes and literally wants you to have a 150GB SSD.

So uh, I have refunded it even though I want to play more.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »

I'm sure they are plenty cognizant of any social platform as being a potential security risk, but I'm curious how many besides Warthunder have been explicitly brought up by name.
    Minecraft. Just look at some often people will mention committing crimes... in Minecraft.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

The name of the studio is Proletariat

Once again I apologize to every speculative fiction author I ever said was too obvious

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    That ghost pirate looks baller

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Fox & Friends joins the new MAGA ‘Woke Xbox’ fake culture war talking point (they announced they are adding a power-saving shutdown mode): “They’re trying to recruit your kids into climate politics at an earlier age.” Host - “You’re right - they’re going after the children!”

a strange new front in the Console Wars

Brolo on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    I bet the new Amico is gonna run on coal.

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I hope the wokestapo have enough guns to storm my house and shoot me dead, because that's for damn sure the only way they're going to get me to shut off the hot plate boiling off the last inch in my Mr. Coffee.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I bet the new Amico is gonna run on coal.

gkx280m7moti.jpg

can't believe how close we are to launch now

Brolo on
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    If you are not actively trying to damage the environment even when it's just as convenient not to, you are woke. Am I getting that right?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    correct.

there are FRONTLINES in the CULTURE WAR and if you choose to JOIN ONE, you are the ENEMY

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    You're either actively rolling coal, trying to melt all the snowflakes, or you're infected with the woke mind virus

• Options
    I don't think I like the situation.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    no one told us how stupid the war against fascism would be, but we're in it anyway

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    man why can't Yellowstone explode or something cool at least, we have the worst dang world

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    correct.

there are FRONTLINES in the CULTURE WAR and if you choose to JOIN ONE, you are the ENEMY

See also: M&M spokescandy

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    If you are not actively trying to damage the environment even when it's just as convenient not to, you are woke. Am I getting that right?

The party of Good Christian Values (CR, TM) absolutely balks at any notion that they should ever have to consider the needs or wants of others, on any level, for any reason

mrpaku on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Open the front door, we are paying to heat the entire neighbourhood.

This discussion has been closed.