As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023

Squanch games accepted Justin Roilands resignation, will keep on making games and continue to support High on Life without him.

Brolo on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    in a related note

Adult Swim will continue making Rick and Morty without Justin Roiland

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ........ how?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    ........ how?

i mean, given the multiverse shenanigans and nonsense tech, rather easily i imagine

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Well, the first step is to take those checks that usually get made out to Justin Roiland and send them to a whole ass different person instead. The rest should work itself out fine.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    I guess they can just have new voices for the main characters, because who cares, and better than everyone who doesn't suck who works on it getting fired

BahamutZERO.gif
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I mean, if they were willing to recast Bender, I don’t see too many obstacles to finding someone else who can do rambling nerd word vomit.

minor incident on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i was gonna say, what do you mean how? they recast the voice role. it's a tv show. it happens all the time.

liEt3nH.png
    I had gotten the impression he was kind of deeply enmeshed in the show to the point it would be hard to replace him, but also fuck him so I'm glad they are gonna try

BahamutZERO.gif
    He only has six episode writing credits

liEt3nH.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I had gotten the impression he was kind of deeply enmeshed in the show to the point it would be hard to replace him, but also fuck him so I'm glad they are gonna try

I would suspect that he's the one that gave you that impression

• PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    As it's sometimes said, the graveyards are full of irreplaceable men

He only has six episode writing credits

I would not have guessed this! my vague impression from seeing other people talk about it on the internet was definitely that he was like, the showrunner or something

BahamutZERO.gif
    Auteur theory is a nefarious trickster

liEt3nH.png
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Dan Harmon is still there, too

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    correct.

there are FRONTLINES in the CULTURE WAR and if you choose to JOIN ONE, you are the ENEMY

See also: M&M spokescandy

Man, I hope whoever was on their last two weeks at Mars, Incorporated is proud of themselves for convincing the suits that all the chuds would be less mad about Maya Rudolph than whatever lesbian candy they were yelling about in the first place.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    It is with tremendous pride that I announce that I have no idea what the fuck the deal is with the M&M's spokescandies, nor do I care

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    like you walked up to the cell door and realized it was unlocked

liEt3nH.png
    like you walked up to the cell door and realized it was unlocked

Guys the outside of this cave is nuts

signature-deffo.jpg
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I think that one of the candies should be barefoot.

I want to see their little candy toes.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Olivaw wrote: »
    It is with tremendous pride that I announce that I have no idea what the fuck the deal is with the M&M's spokescandies, nor do I care

Peanut M&Ms are less fuckable than Original M&Ms

edited January 2023
    Maddoc wrote: »

Peanut M&Ms are less fuckable than Original M&Ms

I dunno, I’d probably fuck JK Simmons, given half a chance.

minor incident on
  • ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Do you think that the M&Ms toenails are the same colour as their shells?

I hope so.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    I haven't seen Aquaman, so it's entirely possible that's true that it's not ashamed.

And I agree with that take Eebs. Event comics suck, in general.

Unless it's Judgement Day by Kieron Gillian, which was actually really good

I'm working my way through this now. And it confirmed my suspicions from the movie, even though I'd never read them before, that the Eternals are just kinda shitty people. Also the mutants are pretty dumb. Everyone kinda sucks.

It's pretty rad.

You should absolutely read Gillian's run on Eternals, which sets things up.

X-men Red by Ewing and Immortal X-Men by Gillian also play into it and are very very good, with a lot of powerful ideas and good stuff to say.

The Mutants side of the marvel comics has not so secretly been some of the best stuff they've been putting out recently. Also most everything Jeb Mackay has been doing, his runs on Black Cat, Moon Knight and Strange are great

X-Men Red is so good. A lesser writer would have just portrayed the people of Arakko as warmongering barbarians (and some of them definitely are), but they are so much more interesting in this.

Also enjoying Legion of X a lot, though I think its predecessor, Way of X, was better.

(Also agree on Immortal, Moon Knight and Strange)

I'm not such a fan of Legion/Way, personally. They're... messier than they could be, and i dont think Spurrier is manging to thread the needle paritucrly well. Which is frustrating because a lot of the topics he's trying ot tackle are topics that need tackling, he's just... very ham-handed about it.

But yes, Red is great. The way the Arakko are portrayed is fantastic (Insult! Insult Craig of Nasa!" *Astronaut replaces helping with contribute in his sentence* "You are forgiven, Craig of Nasa!") in general. Ewing is a masterclass author and i wish Marvel would stop fucking with what he writes and just let him do the coolshit.

I also like how it's shown the Arakko arent the way they are for no reason - a lot of their attitudes come from being massively traumatized on a fundamentals level, and as they're being exposed to situations hwere they can put those traumas to rest, the attitudes are changing! At the ame time, a lot of their attidues are much healtheir than the Krakoans - like being open on your hurts, because how can you be strong if you wont admit weakness? Or the fact that Fisher King is counted as an Arakko, because who fucking cares if he's got a mutant gift or no? He's still Of Arakko. (I also like the way they recongize and welcome people into their culture, from Magneto to Richard Rider, because they reocngize those people as having the same ideals)

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    man why can't Yellowstone explode or something cool at least, we have the worst dang world

Apparently I live in a place where if Yellowstone goes it’ll go so hard that I might be crushed/exploded/atomized before I even know it.

I live in Utah.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

I normally don't like to drag in the dead bird, but I awoke to my radio yesterday providing the news and became that Limmy image.

• JusticeJustice Registered User regular
    I normally don't like to drag in the dead bird, but I awoke to my radio yesterday providing the news and became that Limmy image.

I understand each of these words, but I have no idea what you just said.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the next m&m should be a pedophile

that'll really give some material to tucker carlson, who is a full-grown man that is rich because he complains about the sexuality of candy on tv

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    The right does the same thing with everything. Ie “we can’t win the argument on the merits so we’ll say we just object to kids being involved”.

Nevermind that power saving would be something that appeals to the adults who pay the power bills. And that the majority of people who own a console are adults, and the overwhelming majority of people who BUY a console are adults. Nevermind that a power saving mode already existed before this

And then the M&Ms thing, I guess the issue there is that the straight kids sexually attracted to chocolates mascots should be involved more and catered to more? It’s hard to tell with the right. The message seems to be that sexuality for straight men should be everywhere and kids should be exposed to it via mandatory Hooters visits, but also kids shouldn’t be exposed to “woke” things like gay people or power saving modes on electronic devices

I’m so glad this is the world we live in

Prohass on
  • cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    I think that one of the candies should be barefoot.

I want to see their little candy toes.

Have I got the song/musician for you

https://youtu.be/rNwkV-wcMA4

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    these people don't give a shit about power saving modes, they've got researchers/interns whoever that sit around brainstorming new things to get mad at on TV based on whatever headlines they can find and they madlibs their way to a viral video

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    What's up with Darktide? I played a couple rounds with my friend at release and it was fun.

• asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    3cl1ps3 wrote: »
    What's up with Darktide? I played a couple rounds with my friend at release and it was fun.

fatshark released an incomplete game, more or less

it crashes a lot, the crafting system wasn't implemented, the loot system is not good, the penances (achievements) are not great, it crashes a lot, endgame content is pretty thin, veteran seems like its the superior class in most respects

it reminded me of the anthem release - the core gameplay is pretty fun! everything around it sucks, though. give it 6 months to a year and it'll probably be good then

what's there is quite fun but there's definitely a lot of unfinished stuff with plans to patch it in later and a lot of crashing and such.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Darktide seemed like it was in a better place than Anthem ever was but it was definitely a bare foundation, the content that was there was really great and fun but the other stuff was lackluster or needed fleshing out

Also why do my load times still go so fucking long, did they ever fix that, because Jesus Christ how do some people load instantly and I take two minutes every time

signature-deffo.jpg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Justice wrote: »

I understand each of these words, but I have no idea what you just said.

"Drag in the dead bird" as in "look at this terrible thing I'm bringing to your attention" like a cat dropping a dead animal at someone's feet.

Then there's that meme image of comedian Limmy looking bleary eyed in bed, which is how I felt waking up to Tucker Carlson complaining about M&Ms.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    If a radio station played a clip of Tucker Carlson for any reason other than to savagely mock it I'd never listen to them again. And even then I'd like a fucking trigger warning, that man's "every sentence is a question?" delivery is so obnoxious.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    The Xbox Series S/X version of darktide has been delayed to.....fuck knows.

So that can't be in a good place. I was interested to see how it would run on my Xbox Series S. I am going to assume not great

Karl on
This discussion has been closed.