As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

๐Ÿ–ฅ๏ธ๐ŸŽฎ - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Just played through the first boss of Hifi rush and what a great game. It oozes style.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Everyone should play Prey.

After you play Prey play Prey Mooncrash!

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qUJqMiUPTFM&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

I usually hate Rogue-lites but this worked really well. To the point that Deathloop feels like a step down unfortunately.

Hi-Fi Rush reminds me I need to get back to No Straight Roads

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ztr-6bkVtwE&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I loved the battle in the lobby at the end, for me it exemplified a lot of what I loved about FF7Remakes combat, especially actual physical objects like pillars that you can hide behind/that get destroyed in attacks. I hope they double down on that kind of stuff in the next game, with like changing arenas as the battle evolves and unique environmental stuff for the big fights

TheYuffie DLC is also fantastic in my opinion

I'm interested in seeing how they start you off in part two. I figure a lot of folks will have lvl 50 parties with all maxed out materia.

Looking forward to the Intergrade stuff.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I physically can't believe this is getting a sequel. Guess I gotta finish it.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I hope this means CyberConnect2 have finally broken their curse of "make a million Naruto games to build up a war chest, spend war chest to make a Little Tail Bronx game that no one buys, repeat".

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    don't be ridiculous

they're on demon slayer now

liEt3nH.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    I wish they'd rerelease Asura's Wrath on PC. I love that game and it's stuck in 360 jail forever.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I think itโ€™s backwards compatible? so technically Xbox platform jail

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I reached credits on Telling Lies
    I wondered if Pooro's comments would colour my perception but yeah I immediately got bad vibes about David that were very much founded. I got to the final recording extremely quickly but didn't watch it all the way until it hit 5am in-game. I haven't seen all the endings yet but as I understand it David's legacy is very much The Price is Right horn.

I also got the achievement for searching what the cat types because I thought something would happen, these are the pro-gaming instincts I'm famous for.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Hi fi Rush looks interesting. I'm excited to try it out since I have game pass and its out in a few hours?

Redfall I'm really jonesing for another co-op pve experience and it looks like a dead island style open world shooter with rando loot. I'm down.

DOOD PLAY REDFALL WITH ME

Magic Pink on
    Brolo wrote: ยป
    get a load of that guy

What guy?

you can't see him, he's in new zealand

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    mjlwdzbx066d.png

It's turn 3. The heart may, just possibly, be in serious trouble (And i still have card plays left)

Edit: Ayup.

1h29au45bth2.png

Yeah, this was silly. So So silly. Draw the entire 34 card deck turn 1 of the heart fight silly, while knocking most of it to zero cost

The Zombie Penguin on
    Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    mjlwdzbx066d.png

It's turn 3. The heart may, just possibly, be in serious trouble (And i still have card plays left)

1h29au45bth2.png

Yeah, this was silly. So So silly. Draw the entire 34 card deck turn 1 of the heart fight silly, while knocking most of it to zero cost

As someone new to Slay the Spire, can I ask how

Like does this rely on stuff youโ€™ve unlocked, or do I just need to be making smarter choices

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlq6fFOqI28
    Pizza Tower is a fast paced 2D platformer inspired by the Wario Land series, with an emphasis on movement, exploration and score attack. Featuring highly stylized pixel art inspired by the cartoons from the '90s, and a highly energetic soundtrack.
    20230126 Pizza Tower (Action 2D Platformer Platformer Cartoony 2D)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w22iwW8j1KU
    Dodge and carve your way through swarms of terrifying sea creatures controlled by Death, a vicious giant mind-controlling Kraken that haunts your every move. Scavenge for hidden treasure to unlock weapons, and upgrades to help you in your fight for survival. Every dive reveals a new nightmare.
    20230126 Death in the Water 2 (Survival Horror Score Attack Atmospheric FPS )
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqh4BX8-VR4
    Build a resistance as you fight to take back a near-future London facing its downfall. Welcome to the Resistance.
    20230126 Watch Dogsยฎ: Legion (Action Adventure RPG Shooter Action RPG)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxgjaUzSAAQ
    Power Chord is a rock'n roguelite deck-building game. Assemble Earth's mightiest musicians, battle your way through legions of demons, discover new cards to enhance your instruments of destruction, and take back the city, one dive bar at a time.
    20230126 Power Chord (Roguelike Deckbuilder Deckbuilding Roguelite 3D)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp7b9oLpy5U
    A cozy and peaceful sandbox game about growing tiny and lovely plants. Just relax, take care of your seedlings, and watch your dream garden come to life.
    20230126 Garden In! (Cozy Nature Sandbox Atmospheric Casual )

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Olivaw wrote: ยป
    mjlwdzbx066d.png

1h29au45bth2.png

As someone new to Slay the Spire, can I ask how

Like does this rely on stuff youโ€™ve unlocked, or do I just need to be making smarter choices

It may be due to a few cards unlocked if you haven't gotten everything yet, but from looking at his relics there's some good synergies going on there.

Bottled Tornado (5th in list) let's you put a power in your starting hand (I am going to assume Penquin put Corruption.
    Pocketwatch (3rd in list) draws you extra cards next turn if you only play 3 or less cards on your current turn. (this probably more important earlier in the run, not so much the Heart fight turn 1)
    Centennial Puzzle (7th) draws 3 cards the first time you take damage.
    Torii (8th) reduces damage taken when it is 5 or less down to 1 damage (this is nice for the Beat of Death damage the heart gives you, which damages you every time you play a card).
    Runic Cube (12) draws a card every time you take damage.

Corruption power turns all skills into 0-cost, at the price the card is exhausted when played. That combined with the Dark Embrace power (draws a card when you exhaust a card) and all those relics means Penquin has an absurd card draw engine if they're able to line things up.

Edit: there's way more going on here than just that, but that's basically how Penquin drew their entire deck on turn one. There's a lot of exhaust synergy cards/powers there that would let them keep going as well generate block (Feel no Pain) and keep the block (Barricade)

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Got very confused for a moment until I realized Legion came to Steam today

yeah more ubi stuff being put on steam
    Ubisoft Paris called to strike after "catastrophic communication" from Yves Guillemot
    "Because Mr. Guillemot and his clique only understand the relationship of power, Solidaires Informatique is calling on the employees of Ubisoft Paris to go on strike."

https://www.gamedeveloper.com/culture/ubisoft-paris-called-to-strike-after-catastrophic-communication-from-yves-guillemot
    Ubisoft CEO reportedly apologises for placing unfair onus on devs
    Yves Guillemot has reportedly apologised for comments implying it was up to developers to save Ubisoft.

โ€˜The ball is now in our court โ€“ for years it has been in your court so why did you mishandle the ball so badly so we, the workers, have to fix it for you?โ€™ read one of the upvoted questions in the channel.

https://www.gameshub.com/news/news/ubisoft-ceo-yves-guillemot-apologises-ball-in-your-court-comments-38632/

• David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Dodge and carve your way through swarms of terrifying sea creatures controlled by Death, a vicious giant mind-controlling Kraken that haunts your every move. Scavenge for hidden treasure to unlock weapons, and upgrades to help you in your fight for survival. Every dive reveals a new nightmare.

Nnnnnope, no thank you, no.

euj90n71sojo.png
    why does the title say garden in out today when you gardening on the outside but garden out hot eat the food

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    A Plague Tale: Innocence.

This final bossfight is bullshit and everyone needs to know.

sig.gif
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Nnnnnope, no thank you, no.

Give me the underwater. I wants it.

steam_sig.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    I don't think I've ever heard or read anyone say anything about Watch Dogs Legion.

I'm not sure it's a real video game.

Diarmuid on
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Did you know you can cookout in the garden?

I don't think I've ever heard or read anyone say anything about Watch Dogs Legion.

I played the beginning for a bit and the chunky, elderly british lady I started with was a delight.

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    I played that $2,000 Steam game, and its ridiculous price is probably for the best

The Hidden and Unknown begins with an eight-minute-long Star Wars scroll which describes an imbalance between masculine and feminine energy that's turning Western men infertile due to testosterone depletion, causing women to become increasingly masculine, and which will ultimately lead to the end of humanity. So it turns out this $2,000 philosophy lesson is just the same retrograde gibberish supplement-hawking YouTube masculinity gurus post every day for free. Steam's transformation into a platform really is complete.

After introducing a time-traveling AI entity which perfectly balances the masculine ("thinking") and feminine ("feeling") energies, the dogmatic preamble gives way to a less confident, mostly non-interactive visual novel about a kid named Brian. None of the characters are depicted visually, only the locations, which have obviously been created with help from an AI image generator.

The future of AI gaming, allowing anyone to make video games

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I hope the 30fps ray tracing mode is decent. I feel like dead space is a game id be fine with going for 30fps with more pretties for the atmosphere, but it depends on how well the frame rate is implemented. Ive played some 30fps games where it really feels jittery and awful, and others that smooth it out and its not noticeable

I must have broken eyes, outside of like massive FPS dips I don't really see the difference on most frame rate stuff.

I thought this as well, then I played Spider-Man on PS5. They have quality, performance, and performance/ray-tracing modes. The sensation of swinging around on Performance/ray-tracing mode was markedly different than the Quality mode. I think the huge buildings sliding off the left and right edges of the screen really exaggerates the effect of different frame rates. I actually left it on Performance after I tried it, it was that different.

Can everyone tell using something like this?
    https://www.testufo.com/framerates#count=2&background=stars&pps=480

• Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    When I played Miles Morales on PS5 it didn't initially have the in between mode so I played it on the 30FPS mode because the ray tracing made everything look way cooler. Once I played for about ten minutes I then forgot about the frame rate.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Hi fi Rush looks interesting. I'm excited to try it out since I have game pass and its out in a few hours?

Redfall I'm really jonesing for another co-op pve experience and it looks like a dead island style open world shooter with rando loot. I'm down.

DOOD PLAY REDFALL WITH ME

Totes! My wife wants to play with me as well which is crazy for a shooty shoot game, but that's what multiple characters are for!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I hope the 30fps ray tracing mode is decent. I feel like dead space is a game id be fine with going for 30fps with more pretties for the atmosphere, but it depends on how well the frame rate is implemented. Ive played some 30fps games where it really feels jittery and awful, and others that smooth it out and its not noticeable

I must have broken eyes, outside of like massive FPS dips I don't really see the difference on most frame rate stuff.

I thought this as well, then I played Spider-Man on PS5. They have quality, performance, and performance/ray-tracing modes. The sensation of swinging around on Performance/ray-tracing mode was markedly different than the Quality mode. I think the huge buildings sliding off the left and right edges of the screen really exaggerates the effect of different frame rates. I actually left it on Performance after I tried it, it was that different.

I refuse to believe this is real and not faked or exaggerated somehow.

edited January 2023
    I played that $2,000 Steam game, and its ridiculous price is probably for the best

The Hidden and Unknown begins with an eight-minute-long Star Wars scroll which describes an imbalance between masculine and feminine energy that's turning Western men infertile due to testosterone depletion, causing women to become increasingly masculine, and which will ultimately lead to the end of humanity. So it turns out this $2,000 philosophy lesson is just the same retrograde gibberish supplement-hawking YouTube masculinity gurus post every day for free. Steam's transformation into a platform really is complete.

After introducing a time-traveling AI entity which perfectly balances the masculine ("thinking") and feminine ("feeling") energies, the dogmatic preamble gives way to a less confident, mostly non-interactive visual novel about a kid named Brian. None of the characters are depicted visually, only the locations, which have obviously been created with help from an AI image generator.

i have lived long enough i think

edit: also "If you are often getting offended instead of reacting rationally, avoiding this game would be a wise action." WTF

Magic Pink on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

ralnwjnevlz1.png

humanity should not have the ability to disgust me to this extent every day of my life and yet that's exactly what we do

what a piece of work is man INDEED

• McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular

There's something to it on a conceptual level. The idea of you assembling a small group of random civilians staging an uprising against an oppressive government that is compelling. To some extend the game has the mechanics to back this up. There's a surprising amount of non-violent options to get through the game.

But on every level, the game is designed with cowardice. Legion is afraid of the implications of it's premise on the real world. It's afraid of how players will engage with it's mechanics. So everything is undercut and you wind up with a boring generic open-world game.

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular

I refuse to believe this is real and not faked or exaggerated somehow.

I don't think it's faked but I do think it's designed to really highlight framerate differences in a way a game does not. All video is eyeball trickery, some situations just let us be fooled better or worse.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    It is EXTRA pronounced on my monitor because mine is 144hz so it's showing me 30fps next to 144fps, it was actively painful to look at.

So yeah if your framerate is stuttering from 120-144 down to 30 that is probably going to be jarring.

I think a steady 30FPS for a game designed around it is usually fine. I rarely am going to be sitting there comparing it to anything, and I rarely focus on videogames full screen like that, I usually become focused on details like your character or health bar or bullets coming at you or something.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular

There's something to it on a conceptual level. The idea of you assembling a small group of random civilians staging an uprising against an oppressive government that is compelling. To some extend the game has the mechanics to back this up. There's a surprising amount of non-violent options to get through the game.

But on every level, the game is designed with cowardice. Legion is afraid of the implications of it's premise on the real world. It's afraid of how players will engage with it's mechanics. So everything is undercut and you wind up with a boring generic open-world game.

There was a great video I saw and haven't been able to find again that goes into a lot of detail on the impressive-ness of the randomized recruiting system and the stories for all the individual people you interact with and ends with "and all this is completely meaningless, has no impact on your actual game or experience, and the game never makes you care about any of these people"

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
    edited January 2023

Road 96 prequel Road 96: Mile 0 announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, andย PC gematsu.com/2023/01/road-9โ€ฆ

anybody play road 96? I remember hearing it was kinda buggy, but did anyone have fun with it?

Brolo on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular

Road 96 prequel Road 96: Mile 0 announced for PS5, Xbox Series, PS4, Xbox One, Switch, andย PC gematsu.com/2023/01/road-9โ€ฆ

anybody play road 96? I remember hearing it was kinda buggy, but did anyone have fun with it?

I did one run and bailed, I was pretty underwhelmed

Looks like this one has you sitting with set protagonists for the duration, which would go a long way towards fixing one of my central complaints. But given how overbroad and kinda juvenile I found the politics of the first game, I dunno how interested I am in seeing their take on "what makes a terrorist do a terrorism"

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    The big Hitman 3 update comes out today where they rename it to Hitman: World of Assassination and add the Freelancer mode and safe house and all of that.

This discussion has been closed.