As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hitman]

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Just do a Game Pass PC free trial when it goes there

• Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Eh, I don't bother with game pass stuff. If I like a game, I buy it.

Assuming the publisher isn't actively hostile towards the idea of doing that.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    It's on gamepass and was $15 during the winter sale on EGS. I've been very happy with it. The game itself is fantastic. Still haven't tried out the VR stuff yet, but it does sound like a major bummer. Maybe they'll go back and work on it some more work.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

You can definitely still buy it.

I've played a bit of Miami (probably the best stage in Hitman 2, and better than most of the stages in Hitman 3 pretty easily?) on the PC via Game Pass, after they patched out the whole "game won't start in custom installation folders" bug (shame that took two days). Probably the most important advantage of this version isn't cost (I'll elaborate on that), but the fact that it syncs with the progress for the Xbox One/Xbox Series versions of the game, which might be the only cross-platform progression implemented. Though you can do a one-time (?) import from Epic to Steam, or the like; by contrast, assuming you don't break it by importing Hitman 2 Steam release progression (I had the option to do that), this will actively sync back and forth between Xbox on console and Xbox on PC (the same way a lot of Xbox on PC games do), which if you're taking advantage of it is freaking awesome.

Mostly. Going by Reddit and the semi-official IOI Forums, that version of Hitman 3 shares all the weird performance bugs with the Steam and Epic releases (the latest console versions manage this a lot better); at least it's not Hitman 2 on Steam, where you could get a CTD at the same spot in the Elusive Target mission over and over again or something worse. Never mind Hitman 1's early release.

Speaking of "advantage"--so, the Game Pass release of the Hitman Trilogy on both console and PC doesn't actually include any of the expansion missions, or the seasonal content, which is simultaneously unsurprising and disappointing. Disappointing in the sense that if you want to play the Hitman 1 DLC missions, it's $10US (which is fair)...but if you want to play the Hitman 2 DLC missions, you need to buy this "upgrade pass" which...costs $35US (which really seems a lot less fair). Assuming I commit to this version, I could see myself spending $45, or I might just drop about twice that and get the whole kit in preparation for when it leaves Game Pass.

Still, cross-platform progression! Whooo!

• HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    Synthesis wrote: »

I've played a bit of Miami (probably the best stage in Hitman 2, and better than most of the stages in Hitman 3 pretty easily?) on the PC via Game Pass, after they patched out the whole "game won't start in custom installation folders" bug (shame that took two days). Probably the most important advantage of this version isn't cost (I'll elaborate on that), but the fact that it syncs with the progress for the Xbox One/Xbox Series versions of the game, which might be the only cross-platform progression implemented. Though you can do a one-time (?) import from Epic to Steam, or the like; by contrast, assuming you don't break it by importing Hitman 2 Steam release progression (I had the option to do that), this will actively sync back and forth between Xbox on console and Xbox on PC (the same way a lot of Xbox on PC games do), which if you're taking advantage of it is freaking awesome.

Mostly. Going by Reddit and the semi-official IOI Forums, that version of Hitman 3 shares all the weird performance bugs with the Steam and Epic releases (the latest console versions manage this a lot better); at least it's not Hitman 2 on Steam, where you could get a CTD at the same spot in the Elusive Target mission over and over again or something worse. Never mind Hitman 1's early release.

Speaking of "advantage"--so, the Game Pass release of the Hitman Trilogy on both console and PC doesn't actually include any of the expansion missions, or the seasonal content, which is simultaneously unsurprising and disappointing. Disappointing in the sense that if you want to play the Hitman 1 DLC missions, it's $10US (which is fair)...but if you want to play the Hitman 2 DLC missions, you need to buy this "upgrade pass" which...costs $35US (which really seems a lot less fair). Assuming I commit to this version, I could see myself spending $45, or I might just drop about twice that and get the whole kit in preparation for when it leaves Game Pass.

i mean, do you own any of it previously? if so go to the hitman website and import all your licenses into it. It works exactly the same as it did a year ago.

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    So if I have Hitman(men?) 1 and 2, which of the packages do I get for Hitman 3 on Steam?

Didn't IOI go through this for Hitman 2? I dimly remember puzzling over the Steam page for a good while before figuring out which one I needed...

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    3 and link your account on the IOI site iirc

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Akilae wrote: »
    So if I have Hitman(men?) 1 and 2, which of the packages do I get for Hitman 3 on Steam?

Didn't IOI go through this for Hitman 2? I dimly remember puzzling over the Steam page for a good while before figuring out which one I needed...

That's the position I was in. Buy either Hitman 3 base, or Hitman 3 Deluxe if you want a handful of suits and gadgets. I bought Deluxe and the extra stuff isn't that good in my opinion, the base has plenty of nice looking gear. I guess the shinobi outfit DLC was fun for 10 minutes.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Didn't they basically say what was in Hitman 3 was going to be the end as they move on to other stuff/do that James Bond game, but then I guess Hitman 3 did so well, now they have a Year 2 plan?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited January 2022
    Hardtarget wrote: »

i mean, do you own any of it previously? if so go to the hitman website and import all your licenses into it. It works exactly the same as it did a year ago.

I didn't think you could import your license from Steam (where I owned H1 and H2, and imported from the former to the latter) to the Xbox on PC version of the game. The wording on the website seems to suggest the same--for starters, owning it on Steam doesn't get you the game on Xbox One via import, and even if it did, it doesn't look like Xbox on PC supports it.

I know that owning H1 and H2 on Xbox, and having imported them into H3 on Xbox, doesn't let you import them into the trilogy on Gamepass (it took IOI a couple weeks to actually fix that just from console-to-console, I'd be skeptical if they ever tried such a thing).

EDIT: Also, Microsoft never sold Hitman and Hitman 2, separately, through the Windows Store. Only Hitman 3, and only via the Hitman Trilogy, in the last week. I think that was what confused you.

Synthesis on
    edited January 2022

I didn't think you could import your license from Steam (where I owned H1 and H2, and imported from the former to the latter) to the Xbox on PC version of the game. The wording on the website seems to suggest the same--for starters, owning it on Steam doesn't get you the game on Xbox One via import, and even if it did, it doesn't look like Xbox on PC supports it.

I know that owning H1 and H2 on Xbox, and having imported them into H3 on Xbox, doesn't let you import them into the trilogy on Gamepass (it took IOI a couple weeks to actually fix that just from console-to-console, I'd be skeptical if they ever tried such a thing).

EDIT: Also, Microsoft never sold Hitman and Hitman 2, separately, through the Windows Store. Only Hitman 3, and only via the Hitman Trilogy, in the last week. I think that was what confused you.

ahh I wasn't thinking about changing platforms from where you owned stuff previously. If you are changing platforms than ya you're fucked sadly.

What i think probably mega sucks is if you owned Steam hitman 1/2 you can import those into Epic Hitman 3 BUT apparently you can't import those into PC Gamepass 3 which is a bummerino

edit wait to your edit:

yes if you own hitman 1 and 2 on xbox and import all thats stuff into 3 then.. well you'd also have it on gamepass because hitman trilogy is not a new title, it's just hitman 3 with the year 1 and 2 passes included. It's the same game. There's probalby some bullshit wher it doesn't work on PC though cause of licensing even if you have it on all xbox, which is a bummer.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Didn't they basically say what was in Hitman 3 was going to be the end as they move on to other stuff/do that James Bond game, but then I guess Hitman 3 did so well, now they have a Year 2 plan?

When Hitman 3 came out they said they were done with the series. A note on Hitman 3's ending though:
    Despite killing of the ICA (which I liked as a move, they were done as a concept and I never liked the sci-fi nature they went with for them), Agent 47's still a Hitman and it couldn't be clearer they intended to keep going after taking a break from the series. There's no way they'd kill off their golden egg.

Year 2 was confirmed with new maps. Suspect they're going to use the new H3 maps/content to fill time between now and the Bond game.

ahh I wasn't thinking about changing platforms from where you owned stuff previously. If you are changing platforms than ya you're fucked sadly.

What i think probably mega sucks is if you owned Steam hitman 1/2 you can import those into Epic Hitman 3 BUT apparently you can't import those into PC Gamepass 3 which is a bummerino

edit wait to your edit:

yes if you own hitman 1 and 2 on xbox and import all thats stuff into 3 then.. well you'd also have it on gamepass because hitman trilogy is not a new title, it's just hitman 3 with the year 1 and 2 passes included. It's the same game. There's probalby some bullshit wher it doesn't work on PC though cause of licensing even if you have it on all xbox, which is a bummer.

What're the "Year 1 and Year 2 passes?" Do you mean the season content? Sure, I don't recall if I've played any of that. If you mean the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 content, that's not the same thing as their respective DLC. The Hitman Trilogy on Game Pass doesn't include it. Having access to the DLC content on console doesn't get it to you on Xbox on PC. That's not unusual, lots of studios don't like selling cross-platform DLC, which is fine. The Outer Wilds doesn't (you have to buy Echoes of the Eye twice). Streets of Rage 4 does (you only have to buy the DLC once). SOR4 is a Xbox Play Anywhere game, Outer Wilds is not. You can guess which one Hitman Trilogy is (and Xbox Play Anywhere is not a prerequisite for cross-platform progression).

I don't think this is a mistake. On the other hand, IOI didn't do a great job of this when H3 first launched on consoles, so who knows.

edited January 2022

edit wait to your edit:

What're the "Year 1 and Year 2 passes?" Do you mean the season content? Sure, I don't recall if I've played any of that. If you mean the Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 content, that's not the same thing as their respective DLC. The Hitman Trilogy on Game Pass doesn't include it. Having access to the DLC content on console doesn't get it to you on Xbox on PC. That's not unusual, lots of studios don't like selling cross-platform DLC, which is fine. The Outer Wilds doesn't (you have to buy Echoes of the Eye twice). Streets of Rage 4 does (you only have to buy the DLC once). SOR4 is a Xbox Play Anywhere game, Outer Wilds is not. You can guess which one Hitman Trilogy is (and Xbox Play Anywhere is not a prerequisite for cross-platform progression).

I don't think this is a mistake. On the other hand, IOI didn't do a great job of this when H3 first launched on consoles, so who knows.

not sure I undersatnd what you're saying. If you look at the trilogy entry here:
    bdey1g60vttm.png
    this is simply hitman 3 with all of the hitman 1 and 2 DLC, it's not some extra new game where it's all integrated. It's literally hitman 3 with the dlc that unlock hitman 1 and 2's main campaigns.

what I was originally saying is since this is simply just hitman 3 and it's still on peecee i was hoping the website would let you import your previous purchases of the extra 1 and 2 dlc into the gamepass versoin, like you could in Epic. Unfortunately it does not do this.

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    It doesn't let you carry over the DLC from the Xbox version either, despite sharing your save. Bleh, I'm waiting for a big sale on that, not dropping another $40+ right now.

edited January 2022
    what I was originally saying is since this is simply just hitman 3 and it's still on peecee i was hoping the website would let you import your previous purchases of the extra 1 and 2 dlc into the gamepass versoin, like you could in Epic. Unfortunately it does not do this.

Yeah, I don't think you do. I call it Hitman Trilogy because that's the title, but I wasn't saying there was some separate release that wasn't Hitman 3 (the opposite--H1 and H2 didn't come to the Windows Store either).

I also said that the Game Pass release doesn't include any of the expansion missions, and IOI doesn't honor that content across different platforms. I can see why me calling it the "Hitman 1 and 2 DLC" would be confusing--because they were the DLC for those games, from years prior, before Hitman 3 ever came out. But the expansion missions have always been a different thing than the campaign missions (which are obviously there; otherwise it'd just be H3, and there'd be no reason to call it the "Trilogy" presumably). It's just a little bit disappointing that they skipped those, but not surprising considering they can sell it for $45 to anyone who has PC Game Pass.
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    It doesn't let you carry over the DLC from the Xbox version either, despite sharing your save. Bleh, I'm waiting for a big sale on that, not dropping another $40+ right now.

I already said that too. But the "interesting" thing here is--eventually, IOI did honor licenses for the expansion missions from H1 and H2 on Xbox for Hitman 3....on Xbox. It just took them a week or so (they probably shouldn't have said it'd be available at launch but, eh, considering it's IOI it really wasn't surprising). But that has no impact on the only Hitman 3 release on Xbox on PC.

But it is nice that progression works both ways (and isn't limited to importing, which I think you can only do once per game?). I'm not sure I'm going to actually move to PC entirely; in the meantime, any progress I make on PC is available on Xbox, which is appreciated.

Synthesis on
    Suriko wrote: »

When Hitman 3 came out they said they were done with the series. A note on Hitman 3's ending though:
    Despite killing of the ICA (which I liked as a move, they were done as a concept and I never liked the sci-fi nature they went with for them), Agent 47's still a Hitman and it couldn't be clearer they intended to keep going after taking a break from the series. There's no way they'd kill off their golden egg.

Year 2 was confirmed with new maps. Suspect they're going to use the new H3 maps/content to fill time between now and the Bond game.

Yeah they said the World of Assassination trilogy was over. Storyline wise they don't have anywhere else to go, so they might rejigger some old maps with new targets like the movie set one from Hitman 1 or the jungle one in Hitman 2.

So it's new content but not really new content.

steam_sig.png

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited January 2022
    Suriko wrote: »

Yeah they said the World of Assassination trilogy was over. Storyline wise they don't have anywhere else to go, so they might rejigger some old maps with new targets like the movie set one from Hitman 1 or the jungle one in Hitman 2.

So it's new content but not really new content.

No, they've already confirmed new maps are coming in their Year 2 announcement, and showed one off at the end of the Year 2 reveal stream:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otBhG8ZldvQ

Crippl3 on
    Oh, weird. Maybe it'll be like the Bank and the Resort for 2, then.

There's always more rich goons to kill.

steam_sig.png

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2022
    You know what? Screw it. I'm bumping this, because I'm having a hell of a good time.

So I'm getting more adventurous, more daring when it comes to being spotted and the like. Having completed the main game, now I'm trying to unlock... fun toys. And it seems the most fun toy is for mastery lvl 20 in China. Which I suspect means I'll need to do Silent Assassin, Suit Only. Which just... blows my mind on how I could do that.

Still, I love the fact that every time I've thought "oooh, could I do that?" the game has been... "Yes. Yes you can." The obsservatory in Sapienza being my favorite so far.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna spend a lot of time on Hitman Roulette: https://hitmanroulette.com/

... so I bought all the premium upgrade packs, having my current playthrough on Game Pass. Is the Seven Deadly Sins stuff worth it?

Edit: Also, I'm so happy that I didn't have to breach the data core again.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Athenor wrote: »
    So I'm getting more adventurous, more daring when it comes to being spotted and the like. Having completed the main game, now I'm trying to unlock... fun toys. And it seems the most fun toy is for mastery lvl 20 in China. Which I suspect means I'll need to do Silent Assassin, Suit Only. Which just... blows my mind on how I could do that.

There's one that's actually amazingly easy via a story mission, once you've finished the level once so the data core becomes optional.
    It's the sniper one, where you make them meet on the bridge. You can also take them both out with one bullet at the same time.

Take out the guard with the sniper rifle and hide his body, start sniping drones. When the guards come and sweep the roof, hide behind the ventilation unit in the rear corner - one guard will walk straight toward it, take that guy out and then take the other guy out as he walks down from the roof again. Then you have an exit just below the sniping spot that's clear with no guards.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »

There's one that's actually amazingly easy via a story mission, once you've finished the level once so the data core becomes optional.
    It's the sniper one, where you make them meet on the bridge. You can also take them both out with one bullet at the same time.

Take out the guard with the sniper rifle and hide his body, start sniping drones. When the guards come and sweep the roof, hide behind the ventilation unit in the rear corner - one guard will walk straight toward it, take that guy out and then take the other guy out as he walks down from the roof again. Then you have an exit just below the sniping spot that's clear with no guards.

You know what is funny? I almost did this with the Cupid contract they featured.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    On that note I wish there were more levels where you could get Sniper Assassin with actual "proper" sniping. For a lot of the levels I've gotten it by sneaking in, knocking the target out, and then assembled my sniper rifle out of my suitcase while whistling a jaunty tune, shot them point blank, and then put the sniper rifle back in the suitcase and walked out of there.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I think I've managed 'proper' snipes on all of them. It's not always the most practical way to do it, and a fair few (but not all) of them have lost the SA rating, but that seems consistent with how sniping works; they know what happened, they just can't catch the guy who did it because he's gone by the time they get there.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
    I want to play the sniper assassin missions more, but I don't really have the patience to play the whole game while holding down left trigger or Ctrl.

... I swear, I cannot do proper gunshots without switching to KBAM and then back to my gamepad when I am done. Which makes shooting out cameras trickier.

• SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    On that note I wish there were more levels where you could get Sniper Assassin with actual "proper" sniping. For a lot of the levels I've gotten it by sneaking in, knocking the target out, and then assembled my sniper rifle out of my suitcase while whistling a jaunty tune, shot them point blank, and then put the sniper rifle back in the suitcase and walked out of there.

I did this on Dartmoor, Suit Only SA
    First get the master key, then get to the second floor, unpack your rifle and climb up the drainpipes to the top. Then do the "Inspect the grave" mission story at very long range. Once she goes down there you can shoot her into the grave, instantly hiding the body and then go open the safe, work your way back downstairs, and walk off the grounds. All while dressed like a Clown/Santa/Cool Cowboy Man/wearing a Bright Red suit

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    The times I've done the "sniper rifle at point blank range" thing, it's usually because I'm also combining it with a SO/SA run as well, just to save some time. It's nice that "Sniper Assassin" doesn't care about bodies found, but "Silent Assassin" always does.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."

You know what is funny? I almost did this with the Cupid contract they featured.

Okay.. this was fun as hell. AFTER I turned off auto-aim assists and actually could shoot something properly.

I did this on Dartmoor, Suit Only SA
    First get the master key, then get to the second floor, unpack your rifle and climb up the drainpipes to the top. Then do the "Inspect the grave" mission story at very long range. Once she goes down there you can shoot her into the grave, instantly hiding the body and then go open the safe, work your way back downstairs, and walk off the grounds. All while dressed like a Clown/Santa/Cool Cowboy Man/wearing a Bright Red suit

I've done SA/SO on Dartmoor in about 3:45!
    You can start behind the mansion, near the greenhouse. Sprint up ahead while sticking to the right side of the garden maze, and you can get into a position where you can shoot a chandelier that drops on her. That's the first 30 seconds of the mission, the rest is sneaking in and getting the file.

• SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Arise thread, arise for murder.

Hitman 3 is becoming "World of Assassination" TODAY
    https://ioi.dk/hitman/news/hitman-3-to-become-world-of-assassination

They're essentially rolling 1 and 2 into 3 for free (sans expansions) if you don't already own them.

Also the Freelancer update happens today, which is a roguelite kinda mode where you'll go on missions, retrieve gear, maintain your safehouse, etc. I am very excited for that one.

I actually started playing a bit again, last week.

I was in the closed beta test for the Freelancer thing last year. It felt like it needed some tuning, it ended up being really hard to reach some targets given restrictions and the available gear. Giving that a spin again today.

Seeing some videos of the early Freelancer testing, it looked like the early game is the hardest due to not having any gear; you might be asked to kill 3 guards with a shotgun when there's no shotgun to be found on the map, and you don't have one unlocked yet.
    But like all roguelites, eventually you'll have unlocked all your essential items so you can go in prepared.

Yeah, I probably tried too hard to do bonus objectives ("kill with lethal poison", "only one suit switch" etc), but that's hard without coming in prepared.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    So glad I got HM3 (for the third time) on STEAM at such a nice cheap price. Haven't seen much about FREELANCER, but then again, I've only actually mastered PARIS, SAPIENZA and MIAMI (and the tutorial stages) and only played up to CO in the first game so FL is going to possibly be the first exposure I get to some of these maps and so that is going to be super fun. Plus, I like a good progression - because as fun as the levels in HM are, the progression is kind of not there other than just grinding experience (the way I play this game, the wacky weapon and gear unlocks are funny, but I never use them and wouldn't unless they are required for certain challenges).

. . .speaking of Colorado - this map is the first time I've really felt "stumped" on how to approach. Everything is out in a field and everyone is seemingly with a buddy (I guess they are a military group). The only way I was able to get into the camp undetected was to knock out one dude on the outside, whose body I had to panic drag and dump into a chest. . .that turned out to be a woodchipper.

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    ED! wrote: »
    whose body I had to panic drag and dump into a chest. . .that turned out to be a woodchipper.

Let they who have never something something first tone.

edited January 2023
    I've never fed a body into a woodchipper.
    By accident.
    However, there was one time when I hid a body in a crate in the caves in Sapienza, only for the game to glitch and claim I'd killed them. Yeah, it took me a while to notice the sizzling sound and put two and two together.

Good general tip for getting guards on their own in Hitman; if you drop a weapon in their path, a guard will usually take it to a dropoff point. That can be a fair distance away, and can give you tons of time to get rid of their friend before they come back.

klemming on
  • Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Also remember that the coin is the most overpowered tool in the game. Toss a coin around a corner and one will come investigate.

Stabbity Style on
    Stabbity_Style.png
    Also remember that the coin is the most overpowered tool in the game. Toss a coin around a corner and one will come investigate.

Literally the only tool (other than the lockpick) I really bother with. Like my 47 should be flipping a coin on the cover of this game, not holding a silenced pistol.

. . .it's hilarious, I go for maximum carnage in every video game I play, but in a brutal "World of Assassination" I'm all about "targets only."

ED! wrote: »
    . . .it's hilarious, I go for maximum carnage in every video game I play, but in a brutal "World of Assassination" I'm all about "targets only."

Yeah, there's a bit of inconcruence with all these ways to kill absolutely everyone... but it's still a game about precision.

But I think the game gets better if you just go with the flow and say "oh sod it" once shit hits the fan, rather than load the latest save.

This mode is fucking awesome.

. . .and it looks like my pacifist runs of the game are over. It looks like the money you earn in this game comes from doing certain actions that typically get you a low score in base Hitman, so I can finally fire off a bullet (or shotgun slug). More, there's no saving in the mission (it might be autosaving I don't know) so everything is kind of tense in a way the base game isn't, especially if you are going for these secondary mission objectives. Right now I am on Miami and can't unlock doors, get in combat or be compromised in my current suit and I was sweating until I remembered Ted Mendez. It's still pretty tense as you've got NOTHING (at least to start) so getting Ted meant timing takedowns just right.

Definitely glad I haven't played most of these maps as this is going to be a fun way to discover them.