As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[STO] Old thread is old

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    I think also, if you're after a real all-rounder of a ship the Terran Lexington Dreadnaught is the tip-top, it can be fitted to do almost anything bar really Sci-heavy stuff and its only real drawback is if you're not a fan of big cruisers it can be a bit of a slowpoke without very high-end gear or endeavour levels.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    yeah, if you intend to buy any one single ship, get the lexington

it is the most ready to fly out of the gate

please note however, the game is set up in such a way that buying only a single ship is not really advised if you're doing it for power

if it's for space dressup? go right ahead

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Mission is ok... Actually thought it held up well for 90%. Great action set pieces
    V'ger vs. C'qer and a repeat of the last mission but getting to control your away team instead of the Inquisitor's, making the boss battle against the godlike being actually fun.

Manages to literally fuck up in the last cinematic.
    Quite well made emotional scene, Mirror Crusher appears to die and shared deep meaningful words with her depowered son. Everything is resolved with Ilia's help and then Crusher, still laying on the ground in a smoking crater, appears in a dialog box saying, "Well, that's all finished now. I don't know about you but I need a drink!"

Hevach on
  • Options
    yeah, the resolution to the mission felt like a big fart compared to everything else that seemed really well done

I'm mostly amazed it didn't crash or bug out for me though

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Bridge Officers can’t use the new medical coat?! Boo. Well, at least they added Crusher’s haircut (it’s called “Long Curls”).

Edit: Bridge Officers can’t use the haircut, either? Boo.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2023
    The new TFO is a good time, and I deeply appreciate the green arrows for "Go here". It's way less painful than the last ground TFO, which made me very sad. Mostly because of the geometry.
    Looking forward to trying the mission out tomorrow.

CroakerBC on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Do the new plasma weapons do anything cool or worthwhile?
    My game was fucking with me when I tried to use them and kept resetting to my standard plasma arrays. Didn't realize it until I was neck deep in space murder and unable to swap them out...

• Options
    LJDouglasLJDouglas Registered User regular
    From what I can tell they appear to just be bog standard plasma weapons. The torpedoes are always fire targetable torpedoes like the Omega Task Force or Romulan reputation torpedoes, but aside from colour there doesn’t seem to be anything special about them, just a 2.5% chance to proc a plasma DoT. Which makes it all the stranger that they are unique (4) so you can only equip as many as you get for running the new mission once, no running it twice to fully equip your ship with Mk XII purples.

• Options
    I believe they also prevent warp core breeches on destruction too

• Options
    Cool enough, I was hoping they'd have that big crackly effect like V'ger's plasma orbs.
    Back to my Mk XV normal plasmas I guess.

• Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    I’m hoping against hope the Neo-Constitution-class from Picard season 3 isn’t a lockbox ship.

It’s a little shitty that every hero ship from New Trek has been in a lockbox or legendary bundle.

• Options
    The monkey's paw curls one finger. 75000 z straight to Mudd's market (sale exempt).

• Options
    klingon recruitment confirmed returning the 16th

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    It's been uh. Many years since I played. I played when CC didn't have diminishing returns and cruised around as a Nebula with three different ranks of Scramble Sensors on a BO and just rotated them to keep enemies perma-confused. I'm guessing that doesn't work anymore but I also almost feel like I need to start a new character because I have no idea what to do logging in now.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Starting over fresh is actually a reasonable thing to do, there's been layers and layers of systems added in over the years and trying to dig through them all in one go can be a bit much.

If you're interested the recruitment event starting next week is an excellent way to do that and double-dip on rewards, it's restricted to Klingon faction only though, so if your heart is set on Fed or Romulans then it might not be a brilliant fit. However it does give some nice bonuses and the little reward track is a neat way to guide your progress along.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    also, you eventually get a free t6 that gives an excellent trait

• Options
    I'd also add that if anyone hasn't done the Klingon recruit, the bonus to Endeavour XP you can get is extremely noticeable, probably the biggest buff you can get for your account (or rather, a significant improvement to the biggest buff you can get)

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I'd also add that if anyone hasn't done the Klingon recruit, the bonus to Endeavour XP you can get is extremely noticeable, probably the biggest buff you can get for your account (or rather, a significant improvement to the biggest buff you can get)

This is why I'm looking forward to rolling a new toon when it hits consoles, as I've yet to run a Jem'Hedar Admiral or KDF Dahar Master to max level.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    hi47ioUh.png

The full lineup for this year's Anniversary bundle has been revealed. Looks to be good times for anyone that didn't like what they got with the Mirror Guardian or don't wanna shell out huge bucks/credits for a Crossfield.

• Options
    compiler achieved

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I missed a day at the start, so one more to go for me.

• Options

That new TFO is fun, but a bit long. It does amuse me that you can basically speed run it by only stopping to frag what you have to; the checkpoints are fairly generous, so it's quicker to sprint down a hallway of phaser turrets than it is to stop and take them all out.

• Options
    CroakerBC wrote: »

That new TFO is fun, but a bit long. It does amuse me that you can basically speed run it by only stopping to frag what you have to; the checkpoints are fairly generous, so it's quicker to sprint down a hallway of phaser turrets than it is to stop and take them all out.

I'm still on team "clear the inital wave and then afk in a cloaked ship" for private jupiter iratus, either doing admiralty or reading something tabbed out

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    I've had it bug out so many times that it seems like AFKing is the only way to actually complete it.

• Options
    MaclayMaclay Insquequo Totus Es Unus Here and ThereRegistered User regular
    I've mostly been doing a combo of the ground patrol and particle stabilization. The patrol takes me about six minutes, and you can do it twice to fill your quota if you don't mind the repetitiveness

• Options
    I've been running Jupiters.
    So many Jupiters.
    YOU NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THOSE PORTALS!
    FUCK YOU! I KNOW! I'm one fucking slow ass ship, get off my ass.

• Options
    Maclay wrote: »
    I've mostly been doing a combo of the ground patrol and particle stabilization. The patrol takes me about six minutes, and you can do it twice to fill your quota if you don't mind the repetitiveness

For what it's worth, a decent ground team can clear the new TFO in *checks watch* fourteen minutes. And you skip all the loading in and out.
    But mostly I can't do Jupiter Iratus any more. No.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I did the particle dailies to get all the emotes that I'll likely never use, then switched to Jupiter Iratus. Once a day doesn't seem too bad.

• Options
    I try to do the Omega Particles, but I can't convince my brain that the 2 pixel thick line is where the particle is scanned, rather than the big grey block at the end of the row.
    So I just wind up getting jack, squat and frustrated at shit UI design. I'd rather blow stuff up.

• Options
    Article on the 13th Anniversary Bundle's here. The Styx and Crossfield won't be sold separately like the other ships and the bundle will also have exclusive skins most of the ships. The bundle also comes with the following:
    • A Coupon for a Free Tier 6 Ship from the Zen Store
    • Exclusive to Pack – Terran EV Suit
    • Exclusive to Pack – Terran Beverly Crusher Bridge Officer
    • Exclusive to Pack - Universal Kit Module - Warp Bubble Ruptures
    • 6 Starship Slots
    • 6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    • 13 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    • 13 Master Keys
    • Exclusive to Pack – Title “Storm Chaser”

• Options
    Owenashi wrote: »
    Article on the 13th Anniversary Bundle's here. The Styx and Crossfield won't be sold separately like the other ships and the bundle will also have exclusive skins most of the ships. The bundle also comes with the following:
    • A Coupon for a Free Tier 6 Ship from the Zen Store
    • Exclusive to Pack – Terran EV Suit
    • Exclusive to Pack – Terran Beverly Crusher Bridge Officer
    • Exclusive to Pack - Universal Kit Module - Warp Bubble Ruptures
    • 6 Starship Slots
    • 6 Experimental Upgrade Tokens
    • 13 Ultimate Tech Upgrades
    • 13 Master Keys
    • Exclusive to Pack – Title “Storm Chaser”

I think I'll hold fire for the inevitable 35% discount after getting burned last year, but this is a very solid bundle.

• Options
    Looking at some of these traits, "all damage" is the one that is nowhere near as good as "bonus damage" right? cos of the whole cryptic math/when is 25% not 25% thing? Cos the Dreadnaught looks very solid but ehhhh

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    So having a couple of T6 tokens knocking around I decided to give the Eagle a go, and can confirm, very fun with a full kinetic loadout, 5 torps up front, the gamma mine in the back and it goes brrrr

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    To those charge of the KDF fleet and if it's cool, I'd like to use a Fleet Ship Provisioning to buy a Fleet carrier.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    So how does this recruit thing work exactly, anyway? Do you have to complete all the special tasks from the doodad they give you during the event to unlock all the bonuses and such, or do you just have to have made the character during it to get that doodad and you can do the tasks to unlock things at your leisure?

• Options
    StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    After you get the doodad it stays forever and you can do the objectives whenever you want.

• Options
    Also, many of those objectives (fewer and grindier in the Klingon set than the Delta, Gamma, or Temporal sets but still a couple of the best in the game) unlock account wide rewards that any level 20 character can claim at ESD outside Quinn's office or First City outside the council chamber. They rerun each of the four once or so a year so having an alt in each on the back burner gets you a crazy ton of toys.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    So how does this recruit thing work exactly, anyway? Do you have to complete all the special tasks from the doodad they give you during the event to unlock all the bonuses and such, or do you just have to have made the character during it to get that doodad and you can do the tasks to unlock things at your leisure?

You have to make the character and get the doodad, basically. I think the Klingon one specifically you might have to finish the tutorial after you get it, but I forget. After that, your character has a little symbol next to their name in selection, they're a <whatever> recruit, and you can do the goals at your convenience.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    The Bat'leth you get doing the Klingon recruit is still one of the best CQ melee's if you level it all the way.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
This discussion has been closed.