As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited January 2023
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    My amiibo left nintendo Australia warehouse on 9 Jan and is still in transit.
    Sigh maybe tomorrow

I blame the wildlife.

Stolen by Dingos confirmed :P

Oh, and random side note - when I went to go get my amiibo from Best Buy found out the store was closing. I was about to be upset and then I said to myself, "literally when is the last time I went here for something that was not an amiibo?" (because fuck paying $4 shipping for a $12 item). I swear those stores are not long for this world...

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Why didn’t Lady Byleth get an amiibo? Come on, Nintendo.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    edited January 2023
    Why didn’t Lady Byleth get an amiibo? Come on, Nintendo.

Because dumb. Honestly I think amiibos have largely died as a fad and Nintendo realized this ("why make two of the same character when they won't sell?"). They're probably mostly doing the Smash Bros DLC ones out of social obligation. Otherwise they barely ever make new ones anymore except for their big tentpole titles.

Still, it annoys me that like Corrin got a "player 2" and no one else. FFS, female Robin is my favorite, why do you hate me Nintendo? There's a lot of other characters this would have worked nice with too, like Olimar, Bowser Jr, etc.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I love the Alm & Celica ones that came out with Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.

I was a little disappointed that FE: Engage didn't bother making ones for Alear, but... considering their design... maybe for the best.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Yep, we're getting a pretty badass new Link Amiibo to go along with Tears of the Kingdom:

link-tears-of-the-kingdom-amiibo.large.jpg

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Whew. We were at serious risk of not having enough Link amiibo.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I want my Pyra/Mythra amiibo!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I want my Pyra/Mythra amiibo!

Good things come to those who wait:

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I'm breaking my "zelda amiibo only" rule because I just found a place that might have a Shulk in stock. For a not completely outrageous price. One.

I'm not holding my breath.

If it does come, though, I'll look into getting the Pyra/Mythra and then Noah/Mio when they release.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    They look so clean!
    And the wait for Sora continues (probably indefinitely)

They look so clean!

Nah I don't think so. Sora isn't really a "Disney" character. As long as they aren't making amiibos of Mickey or Donald or whatever I think they'll be fine getting permission.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Assuming Sora amiibo happens, I bet they won't include the Mickey head keychain on the keyblade cause that'll make permissions way simpler

Warlock82 wrote: »
    They look so clean!

Nah I don't think so. Sora isn't really a "Disney" character. As long as they aren't making amiibos of Mickey or Donald or whatever I think they'll be fine getting permission.

It's been nearly two years - every other character's Amiibo was announced long before now. Plus Sakurai went out of his way to say it's very possible we might not be getting every single Amiibo. I think I'd put money down on Sora not happening.

edited April 2023
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    They look so clean!

It's been nearly two years - every other character's Amiibo was announced long before now. Plus Sakurai went out of his way to say it's very possible we might not be getting every single Amiibo. I think I'd put money down on Sora not happening.

*shrug* I mean, Sora was announced way after all the others. There hasn't really been an opportunity to announce an amiibo since he was the last character (whereas most of the last few got announced during his reveal). There probably is some extra negotiations involved here (I mean, it's not just Disney but also Square-Enix so there's multiple 3rd parties) so it might take longer than most. And without a relevant event they might just kinda wait until either a Kingdom Hearts thing or just "it's gonna be out soon" to announce. But I have a gut feeling it's still gonna happen. Could possibly not, but this is the company that got permission to put Goldeneye 64 on their Switch virtual console thingy :P

Also Sakurai's statement was, IMO, more a disclaimer. "Hey, there's a chance we can't make this happen" rather than "we definitely can't make this happen."

Warlock82 on
    edited April 2023
    They look so clean!

*shrug* I mean, Sora was announced way after all the others. There hasn't really been an opportunity to announce an amiibo since he was the last character (whereas most of the last few got announced during his reveal). There probably is some extra negotiations involved here (I mean, it's not just Disney but also Square-Enix so there's multiple 3rd parties) so it might take longer than most. And without a relevant event they might just kinda wait until either a Kingdom Hearts thing or just "it's gonna be out soon" to announce. But I have a gut feeling it's still gonna happen. Could possibly not, but this is the company that got permission to put Goldeneye 64 on their Switch virtual console thingy :P

Also Sakurai's statement was, IMO, more a disclaimer. "Hey, there's a chance we can't make this happen" rather than "we definitely can't make this happen."

Then again, they went out of their way to announce the Pyra/Mythra amiibo over a year ago, without any real opportunity or event. The existence of Sora is still waaaaaaay overdue. The timing is still very, very, very odd compared to every other Ultimate Amiibo.

Granted Sakurai is cautious, but I get the feeling he wouldn't have mentioned it at all if it wasn't for the Sora Amiibo. His statement could also be interpreted as a polite way of saying "yeah, we're not getting Sora."

cloudeagle on

Gamestop seems sold out but was able to get one from Best Buy

• CSStheGr8CSStheGr8 Registered User regular
    Gah, curses for me not checking at lunch. Hopefully there's another batch out there.

3DS FC: 2363-6921-5075
  • wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    I never bought/played xenoblade 3 but I want these amiibo....

But you know I'll never own them since we don't actually get significant runs of anything that isn't a first party game/character anymore.

XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    Here in the Canadian prairies I was able to get new amiibo in-store on release day at EB Games/GameStop, but none of them were waifus like these...

• Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    TOTK Zelda and Ganondorf amiibos are coming this holiday.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Oooh, so pre-orders when?

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

30 minutes after they've all been sold to scalpers like everything else.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »

30 minutes after they've all been sold to scalpers like everything else.

Hahaha, sadly so true. Although I did manage to get a TotK Link pre-ordered so have hope on getting these.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    I absolutely love that Zelda one.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I know this is anecdotal, but I haven't had a hard time getting amiibos in a very long time. It seems like scalpers just don't care anymore. Metroid Fusion and Skyward Sword were so particularly overstocked that Gamestop had to have a fire sale to clear it out.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Anyone looking for Pyra Mythra? If I can get my Gamestop order fixed I'll have an unintentional extra one. For some reason they're overcharging me: 29.99 + free shipping + 2.47 tax = 40.45. Interesting Math.

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
      I am wanting the pyra/mythra amiibo very badly. Unfortunately can't afford it at the moment. If Best Buy would finally have them pre-orderable I'd use my BB card to grab them. Maybe it's a sign that I really don't need them. :neutral:

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
      Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
      PSN - Brainiac_8
      Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
      Add me!
    • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Reminder: Pyra and Mythra amiibo 2-Pack Releases Tonight. That means some stock might become available tonight around 1:00AM ET, 12:00 PM CT, 11:00 PM MT & 10: 00 PM PT, Give or take an hour. And Remember, I said might.

so-it-begins-raining.gif

Mine just shipped.. woooo! I do kinda wonder if they'll patch support into XC3 for them. Probably not at this point but I hope they do :3

Mine just shipped.. woooo! I do kinda wonder if they'll patch support into XC3 for them. Probably not at this point but I hope they do :3

Your hope is their command.

Your hope is their command.

Wooooo (I still need to beat that damn DLC too.. ugg, too much to play)

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
      Mine have been waiting international departure from Melbourne Airport since Tuesday. Ironically I will be in Melbourne by the time they finally arrive and I will probably see them in stores and have the pangs of fomo but I must resist. I must resist.

I was working last night so I was awake when orders went up on Best Buy. Unfortunately no option to have it shipped. I guess it’ll be ready to pick up next week.

The efforts I go to for silly figurines.

Updated amiibo display. Only one left. Stupid Sora.

New Pair (I'm going to raise these so the bottom rows aren't hard to see
      9dguv3wt44zb.jpg

Full collection:
      ooygxkldciw8.jpg

edited July 2023
        any OOB collectors looking for Pyra/Mythra? In my attempts at securing a preorder I also got an amazon deliver of it. The package is damaged but seem the amiibo inside seem ok. Let me know if you want it other I'm sending this crap back to amazon.
        e: setting up return at 8pm EDT unless someone wants it

TimFiji on
        • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
          I am looking for the pyra amiibo

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
          Yo! Just picked up a second hand Steve and Alex got tenbux off marketplace! Not my jam, but the kids were happy.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
          steam_sig.png
          Anyone looking for in box amiibo? I have some I've collected in box (mostly monster hunter and a couple smash). Trying to clear out space and leave some money for the family. I can post pics here

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
            TimFiji wrote: »
            Anyone looking for in box amiibo? I have some I've collected in box (mostly monster hunter and a couple smash). Trying to clear out space and leave some money for the family. I can post pics here

Everything good? Last I saw things were looking up.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
          • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
            I need to check this thread more, as I was completely blindsided by pyra and mythra releasing. I wonder how long before I have a reasonable shot at them.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch