As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Awesome Games Done Quick 2024: IT’S OVER

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah, my sympathies to the non-assholes who happen to reside in florida about your asshole government and the assholes who vote for them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Just a heads-up: SpikeVegeta is hosting a mini-marathon this weekend called Speedrun Colosseum, benefitting Direct Relief. So far it's a much more subdued affair than GDQ, but features most of the presentation staff you know together on an actual couch, with incentives to screw with the current run somehow (like forcing a hand-off to a different runner for a level... and yhey appear to have improvised an "adef beats Bowser in every applicable game" meta-incentive). If GDQ's felt too corporate and stadiumy lately, you might enjoy this instead. It's up at twitch.tv/spikevegeta and runs through the weekend.

The schedule is at https://www.directrelief.org/get-involved/gaming/speedrun-colosseum-2022/

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    If speedruns of long games are your jam, RPG Limit Break is back as a weeklong event, after a 2-year hiatus due to COVID.

https://www.rpglimitbreak.com/tracker/runs/rpglb2022

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    If speedruns of long games are your jam, RPG Limit Break is back as a weeklong event, after a 2-year hiatus due to COVID.

https://www.rpglimitbreak.com/tracker/runs/rpglb2022

Nocturne co-op...?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Runners passing controls off to another runner for a certain part or to go to bed or something

• Options
    Scheeeeeeeduuuuuuuuleeeeeeee
    https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule?agdq2023

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    There's a new game? With a mystery runner? At noon Monday. That feels like a weird thing

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    There is a second game submission period for games released since the initial run submission period closed but before right about now. The empty slots are for those games.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    Well, I also put in for Double Switch, so here's hoping(one day).

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Oh nice Mario all stars shuffler with skybilz. That's going to be awesome.

The ending seems a little meh though. Good games I guess, but doesn't seem quite as hype.

• Options
    They might have something more exciting planned as a donation incentive so not on the list? But they do list some donation incentive runs so who knows.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    I know I'm a day late, but Power Up With Pride is doing their yearly marathon for The Trevor Project through tomorrow:

Schedule is at: https://horaro.org/wp22/schedule

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Awesome Games Done Quick 2023 is coming up this weekend, starting January 8th and ending one week later on January 14th!
    Schedule: https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    4 hours or so until go time

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Begun, the marathon has

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    but sgdq just ended like a month ago...

right...

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    but sgdq just ended like a month ago...

right...

I don't know that time exists anymore.
    It was a month ago, or a few decades.

• Options
    Boy, Twitch chat just gets worse by the day, it's like a giant marketing fest now.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    why would you ever attempt to chat when theres over 80000 people watching

• Options

I wouldn't if I could, but you can't not see the vomit wave of sparkles and trains and whatever the hell Twitch is pushing through the chat.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Very exciting

During SGDQ last year I got the exercise bike out and was able to just enter a zone whilst watching runs, they're uniquely relaxing. Hoping for similar gains this year

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I wouldn't if I could, but you can't not see the vomit wave of sparkles and trains and whatever the hell Twitch is pushing through the chat.

The "Collapse Chat" button is your friend, and the only way to watch a stream with more than 15 active chatters.
    cmoon1yrf1rg.png

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    52 minutes of unskippable cutscenes in a 2 hour 40 minute speedrun is a criminal act

god i hate unskippable cutscenes

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    So. Many. Airboats.

• Options
    Not enough airboats.

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Ahhh, just the right amount of airboats

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Enough to crash the game, though.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Airboats 1
    GLaDOS 0

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    The winner of the SMG2 4-way race didn't just crush the opposition by 5+ minutes in a just under 3-hour race but also may have WR'ed by a few seconds.

Baidol on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    This Outer Wilds run just taught me something new about the game
    Apparently you can crash your spaceship into the dream area in the DLC area???

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    GAMING ZONE

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    GAMING ZONE, indeed.

Also, something like 2 PBs and 2 WRs during awfulblock and the block once again helps the marathon save time.

• Options
    I hope y'all are ready for some phat beats because Stepmania is up next!

• Options
    Mike Uyama, Founder
    Susan Tenanbaum, Actual Founder

lmao

• Options
    edited January 2023
    SGDQ is a little sooner than usual: May 28 to June 4

🏁TIME🏁
    #AGDQ2023 has raised a total amount of $2,642,493 for @preventcancer!

Thank you to everyone who made this marathon possible, and to all of you for your amazing generosity & support 💙

See you all next time at #SGDQ2023 from May 28th to June 4th ⏱️

#ThankYouMike 👏

We also have Flame Fatales at the end of February/beginning of March and, at some point, Unapologetically Black and Fast.

Baidol on
  • Options
    If you're looking for a marathon minus the charity, RPG Limit Break is running Questing for Glory 5 all week! It started at noon Eastern today. Here's the schedule:

https://horaro.org/qfg5/schedule

• Options
    so much for the teary-eyed speeches and finale

Feel so bad for Matt here, hope he gets better soon

• Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    GDQ banned Hogwarts Legacy from all streams. Not surprising considering the number of trans runners but still nice to see.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    SGDQ (May 28 - June 4 in Minneapolis) on-site volunteer position applications are open!

On-site volunteer applications are open now until March 7th!!

Apply here: http://gamesdonequick.com/profile

*Online volunteer positions will open March 10th

I've volunteered for a few years now, although only once on-site, so feel free to ask any questions you have about volunteering and I will try to answer!