As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Year In, We are Still Playing [Genshin Impact]

19495969798100»

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I've only played a few games of the TCG. I then and played against the NPC's after the tutorial a few times. I'm not a TCG kind of person. I probably won't play any more, and have no desire to try and buy more cards. It's just not my thing. I DO wish there was an option to remove the "Find Players" button off the map, as I'll rare/to never use it again.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    If you're down to your last character and they get frozen you've already made enough mistakes during the match beforehand that you can't blame your loss on just being unable to do anything at the end.

Would you care to elaborate on the mistakes I'm so clearly making, then?

Like, if you guys want to actually engage with the points I'm making, by all means. But if you want to try and hit me with this half-baked "Skill issue" goosery, you actually can keep it to yourself.

i think the only mistake you're making is throwing yourself at a mini game you clearly want to knife in a dark alley

toss that crap and don't look back!

I mean, I'm not. I haven't touched the TCG since I made that post because yeah, it's bad and I don't like it as I've very clearly made it known. I also just don't get why the response from people when I'm listing actual mechanical flaws is "But I like it so you're wrong, it's good" and "You're doing it wrong" as if that's going to do anything but annoy me into responding.

While I said that it's good and I like it, I never said that you were wrong. You are totally allowed to dislike the thing! Your complaints are completely valid, but I like it anyway.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    If you're down to your last character and they get frozen you've already made enough mistakes during the match beforehand that you can't blame your loss on just being unable to do anything at the end.

Would you care to elaborate on the mistakes I'm so clearly making, then?

Like, if you guys want to actually engage with the points I'm making, by all means. But if you want to try and hit me with this half-baked "Skill issue" goosery, you actually can keep it to yourself.

Could be anything. Maybe you converted a card when you didn't need to, maybe your deck packed too many of a card that is dead weight against this opponent, maybe you didn't swap to another unit because you thought it would survive the opponent's turn, maybe you spent a little more energy in the opening round and had to end turn early because the opponent hoarded theirs and now they can hit with impunity. There's many reasons why a match can go south and each early mistake made compounds into the later mistakes and ultimately a loss.

This is the nature of all TCG games and it's not unique to Genshin's. You have no mana to counterplay a card that does lethal in MTG and lose. You get hit by a Yata-Garasu lock in Yu-Gi-Oh and auto lose. You get put in checkmate in chess because you can't move to a safe spot and lose. These are all scenarios where you can't do anything about the situation because you made enough mistakes beforehand to put you in that situation. That's all.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Playing a card game is all about:

-Making sure you have a good deck with synergy, and aren't just using any slapdash cards.
    -Knowing the best moves to make with the cards you have.
    -Most importantly, knowing there was literally nothing you could have done when luck doesn't go your way.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    You dork canoes need to get your asses online, I still need to visit someone else's teapot and buy something.

Accept my friend requests! Or send me one! my ID is 603128376

Also I forgot things refreshed yesty and I got like 30 wishes. Only got two people tho, one i had before and some drunk pirate lady named Beidou I think.

anyway where the Violetgrass at, i combed most of Liyue last night and only got 3.

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    You dork canoes need to get your asses online, I still need to visit someone else's teapot and buy something.

Also I forgot things refreshed yesty and I got like 30 wishes. Only got two people tho, one i had before and some drunk pirate lady named Beidou I think.

anyway where the Violetgrass at, i combed most of Liyue last night and only got 3.

609408465 here. My teapot's set to allow entry even when I'm offline. The special teapot shop opens Friday for the owner and Saturday-Sunday for all visitors.

Violetgrass grows on mountainsides, mostly in the west. Yanfei and Qiqi can help track it down if you have them, but there are never real big clumps of it.

Glazius on
  • Options
    How do you set up teapot to allow offline?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

in the teapot's map screen, hit i think left on the d-pad and you should find the option.

• Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    edited February 2023

serenitea2.png

Have to be looking at the teapot map from inside, the "no guests currently" option.

Glazius on
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular

I’ve accepted a couple recent invites, and my teapot should always be open. Look for Thera.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Same, my teapot is always open. Kaneth.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    My teapot is kept open and I have waypoints next to two places where teacup bird shows up.

Also my kingdom for a goddamn Hydro damage goblet please. I don't even care about substats, just give me the main stat.

• Options
    This Lisa event is kicking my butt. I can barely get over 5k. Doesn’t help That I only have one good team to field

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    You only really need bronze in each. That gets you the primogems and outfit. The rest is just a bonus.

• Options
    Also the guest characters are totally usable.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I've been getting golds but today's was definitely the hardest so far. Freakin' abyss mages.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    This Lisa event is kicking my butt. I can barely get over 5k. Doesn’t help That I only have one good team to field

are you trying them on the harder difficulties? often with these events its easier to score higher than if you just choose the 1x difficulty.

• Options
    Xantus wrote: »

are you trying them on the harder difficulties? often with these events its easier to score higher than if you just choose the 1x difficulty.

Nope. On x1 difficulty. I only ran through it twice to see if I could make better teams but it didn’t really matter. I have an idea of how to do better but if I only need bronze then I’m good.

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    Yep, bronze will get you 2000 points for each one, which means 10k total for the skin. And you'll get the primos on that bronze as well.

• Options
    Apparently if I want to do this Interlude quest in the Chasm I first need to complete Kokomi and Itto's story quests.

Did Kokomi's last night and uh, it was extremely boring and made little sense with no closure. Commit insubordination if not outright treason that may well have ignited a pointless war and be rewarded for it sure sounds legit.

• Options
    A lot of the Inazuma quests were dire, yeah. Itto's is wholesome though.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I’m enjoying the Inazuma Archon quests more than Mondstadt and Liyue.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Oh the Archon quest was great, it's the story quests you unlock with keys that range drastically in quality for Inazuma.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    28 days in and i ran out of mora and weapon crystals going on a wild upgrade binge.

At least i still have a few XP papers left.

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    dang, abyss 12-2 is cockblockin me. keep getting wombocombo'd by the twin elemental scorpions. or my shieldy teams don't seem to have enough dps to get more than 1 star.

but at least Lisa is proper dapper now yay

• Options
    Sitting there thinking 'man I don't want to do Leylines when I need the skill books up today' then I realised I'm on level 37 of the BP and there's still 22 days left to complete it.

Man those events really boost your points.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »
    dang, abyss 12-2 is cockblockin me. keep getting wombocombo'd by the twin elemental scorpions. or my shieldy teams don't seem to have enough dps to get more than 1 star.

but at least Lisa is proper dapper now yay

I had to double back to that chamber, since the first teams I took to it were absolutely not capable of 3-starring it. I basically disregarding time completely and tried to make sure I was going into the last chamber with good resources, and was able to 3-star that without nearly so much trouble.

On the second run, I wound up using a Nahida/Beidou quicken team for the first half, and good old fashioned Raiden National for the second. Worked like a charm.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    couple random things:

BP is level 26 currently, so not sure if I'll make it to the end. But I think this is the closest I've been.

Did a Nigghaung story/hangout today. That was a bit longer than I expected. Then when done, I see I have like 6 more with her, plus ALL the others I've unlocked and not started. I've not focused on Archon quests for weeks while trying to finish up my huge list of Story Quests and World Quests. I REALLY want to finish up the Dragonspine quests and area but I can't beat that timed quest!!!!

edit: OMG I'm dumb some times. I've spent like 30 minutes or longer looking for 2 mechanisms. Of course I didn't look in my quest journal where there are 2 quests now listed above the one I was doing. I do wish the quest tracker would jump to the next quest in a chain better.

Banzai5150 on
    50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Almost time for a new thread. Anybody handy with copy&paste?

• Options
    edited February 2023
    I'm thinking after this BP I'm going to gvie the game a rest for a bit. I kinda want one or two of these characters I've been saving for, and right now I'm sorta just treading water.

On the plus side, if I give it a break for a couple of weeks I also get Stellar Reunion.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    Mirkel wrote: »
    Almost time for a new thread. Anybody handy with copy&paste?

Done. New thread smell.