As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny 2] Wizards of the Ghost

• M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »
    august wrote: »
    This is the build I've been using for Heists:

https://youtu.be/QPA3hDe2oNg

You don't have to use this one specifically but I'd try out Riskrunner in Heists in general, because there's a huge difference between "Witch I didn't know was there and can barely see hits me and murders me" and "Witch I didn't know was there and can barely see hits me and powers me the fuck up."

Thanks for all the replies - I switched to Arc, got my Res to 100, and had a proper look at my armour mods.

Heists are a lot easier, although the final room on Europa gets very hectic.

I got from Part 1, and just finished the exotic quest - no idea if I’ll run it again for the secret chests.

And I cleared my second ever hard mode Lost Sector, and got a new exotic, so I’ll start doing them daily for the rest of the month.

Arc 3.0 is really fun.

Also, yeah - I might have to give that Riskrunner build a go…

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I will again urge if you're going arc 3.0, screw Riskrunner, take Delicate Tomb and Special Ammo finisher.

Make sure you also have Grenades Jolt targets & When amped, special ammo weapons cause a blinding explosion. *do not* take the "Killing jolted targets spawns ionic traces" fragment, as it's a trap - when it's on cooldown, it locks down *every* source of Ionic traces.

But the net upshot of those interactions is that as soon as you spawn a single trace (usually by blowing something to hell with your Grenade), you get amped, Delicate Tomb gets empowered and now will both jolt it's main target(s), and on a kill, blinds everyuthing around... and those jolted and blinded targets spawn traces for you thanks to Electrostatic Mind.

Combined with Sunstar, you're swimming in energy. Just make sure you've got Ashes to Assets and a Harmonic Siphon on, and you'lll have plenty of super energy to feed into Special Ammo Finisher, letting you treat Delicate Tomb as if it's your primary and obliterate everything. Spice with Arc Soul, because that little buddy smacks shit down. I'd also recommend Ball Lighting, as it hits a lot harder and the lower cooldown/less range on the other arc melee just aint all that.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    honestly I couldn't stand Delicate Tomb, I didn't like the range or spread
    At least it's better than The Manticore lol

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    manticore might be the worst designed gun in the game lol

i hate it so much. i think if you stopped flying when you stopped ADS it would at least be tolerable, but having to like switch weapons if you want to stop flying right now is just such a wild decision.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I like manticore but I usually play stasis hunter so I can shatter out of the float

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I didn't have a problem with it really. Not wild about it, but I have an absolutely amazing Funnelweb I'd rather use in its place, so I'd just chalk it up to that.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Manticore is slept on. It needs a tweak to is flying mechanic so that it activates and deactivates more smoothly and with more intuitively, but it's an absurdly strong Void SMG that packs up to 40% damage boost and +40% damage resistance

Statwise, it's a stronger, better Funnelweb at the cost of not having Subsistence/Stinger (which, to be fair, are pretty big losses). But otherwise the things a brute that will just murk targets happily

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    It's in a tough place for me because in PvP I have SMGs I like better and in PvE if my primary isn't making mooks blow up and blow other mooks up with them then what even is the point of it, is how my brain works.

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Manticore can make people blow up with volatile but also it feels like it reloads way too slow for me to enjoy it.

time to twab: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/twab_02_02_2023
    • "After this week’s Hotfix 6.3.0.7, we have eliminated another source of blue engrams. Now, once you hit the soft Power cap, powerful enemies that used to have a small chance of dropping a blue engram will now drop a purple engram instead."
    • In Lightfall, powerful enemies that would drop blues will drop Glimmer instead with a small chance of a bonus purple drop.
    • Some more info on the new exotics shown off in the last trailer including: The new stasis glaive, Winterbite, is actually a Heavy slot weapon, not a Kinetic. Woven Mail given by Cyrtarachne’s Façade is flinch resistance AND damage resistance for bodyshots (doesn't protect the head at all).
    • Lightfall server maintenance and patch starts on the 27th at 9 AM PST, 24 hour downtime
    • The Lightfall update will actually shrink D2's install size and improve loading times.
    • Trials map voting for next week: The Fortress, Twilight Gap, or Radiant Cliffs

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Oh interesting, that new Exotic glaive is in the Heavy slot

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited February 2023
    Some folks in Australia got the Lightfall Collector's Edition MEGA early, and have all the lore books and emblem codes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/10rfzrk/got_my_lightfall_ce_today_and_found_an_emblem_code/
    4 emblems for everyone, the codes are:
    • YAA-37T-FCN
    • 993-H3H-M6K
    • XVK-RLA-RAM
    • J6P-9YH-LLP
    The lore books are cool, especially the Caiatl one which has some INSANE shit. You can read them here: Osiris, Caiatl, and Elsie

Crippl3 on
  • StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    time to twab: https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/twab_02_02_2023
    • "After this week’s Hotfix 6.3.0.7, we have eliminated another source of blue engrams. Now, once you hit the soft Power cap, powerful enemies that used to have a small chance of dropping a blue engram will now drop a purple engram instead."
    Did they actually remove blues from the game? Because I'm still sharding a dozen or so every night. Literally half my mailbox was unclaimed blues last night.

26904.png
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    You have to be at the power cap.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »

Soft power cap and it is still a work in progress. There are still a bunch of sources where they'll drop and they intend to remove them all but haven't gotten there yet.

The big one they killed were the blues that dropped every x kills. It was something like 200 red bars? Yellows were worth more and so on. Every 4th one of those or so would turn purple.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    omg Gunnora's Axe is back??

cancel all my appointments, this is what I'm doing all weekend

e: never mind, the first one you get seems basically perfect???

Surfpossum on
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    Some folks in Australia got the Lightfall Collector's Edition MEGA early, and have all the lore books and emblem codes here: https://www.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/10rfzrk/got_my_lightfall_ce_today_and_found_an_emblem_code/
    4 emblems for everyone, the codes are:
    • YAA-37T-FCN
    • 993-H3H-M6K
    • XVK-RLA-RAM
    • J6P-9YH-LLP
    The lore books are cool, especially the Caiatl one which has some INSANE shit. You can read them here: Osiris, Caiatl, and Elsie

Jesus I am so dense to have missed the Aiat i. Caiatl's name.

I think I saw it ages ago in the initial D2 lorebook about the Midnight Coup then forgot about it for years until right now but I kick myself for being dumb

Peen wrote: »
    Well, hopefully the Iron Banner pinnacles will push me there. I'm sitting at 1589+5/8 with only three pinnacles to hit the seasonal cap now.

Of course having said that I'll likely get four repeats and still be 3/8 away from the cap for yet another week...

26904.png
    The Lightfall raid will launch on Friday, March 10, 2023 at 9am PST (Pacific Standard Time). Contest mode on the Lightfall raid will be active for 48 hours ending on Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 10am PDT (Pacific Daylight Time).
    We are extending contest mode an additional day to allow teams pursuing the emblem more chances to take breaks, as well as allow anyone who has commitments on Friday to still have time to participate. More details will be available in a future TWAB.

• SurfpossumSurfpossum A nonentity trying to preserve the anonymity he so richly deserves.Registered User regular
    To celebrate the second best shotgun (Gunnora's Axe) being back, I have updated my Fashion

a358h2lun5r8.jpg

edited February 2023
    So I unlocked the IB shader last time around by lose-farming and just needed to "complete" (not "win") matches for the pinnacles this week, right? Anyway, I figured, why not just run some silly loadout and complete some catalysts that need PvP kills. I pulled Suros Regime from the vault and Holy Hell, How Did I Miss This Gun Before? I racked up over 237 defeated enemies in 36 games (18 per character times two characters). I'm sure I had more kills than that because I was pairing it with a Funnelweb, and I didn't put on the Suros Regime for the first few games. It was a shock (to me at least) how good this gun treated me!

Stupid on

26904.png
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Do you need to do every single seasonal challenge for the mastery, or is there going to be more than 72 available/a week 10? I really don't want to do some of these challenges.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
    edited February 2023
    Dac wrote: »
    Do you need to do every single seasonal challenge for the mastery, or is there going to be more than 72 available/a week 10? I really don't want to do some of these challenges.

Pick three you want to skip.

That's it.

There is a list up on Light.gg that is datamined for the entire season here.

Next week isn't really bad except for the Vanguard ornament. You've got to do Seraph's Shield on Legend and get all the things.

Oh, oh no. It has 12 listed for the security drones. I sure hope that's retroactive and I don't have to run it multiple times to get each of the spawns to show up.

Edit: Actually, maybe not Legend at least.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    You should be able to smash out the Vanguard ornament this week with double rep.

26904.png
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Had such a blast yesterday in our IB stack. Coming up with that "counter strategy" to loss farmers, with the eventual culmination of me bubbling the turrets, had me in stitches.

Also the legend of Peter_Paladin will live on.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Stupid wrote: »
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Asked in the Discord and asking here too - sorry, don't wanna spam - anyone willing to help me knock out the Heroic Exo Challenge? Tried to solo it but need a little help, if anyone is willing. I'm SKI2000G on PSN and will be up for a bit. Trying to knock out Quests and specifically Stasis stuff (it'll probably all auto-unlock when Lightfall drops, but feel like doing it legit).
    @GMaster7 I'm 5 days late to see this, but if you ever need help with something and I'm online, just invite me to your fireteam.

I also have a lot of legacy exotic quests lingering. That Malfeasance "strike" is one of them.

Speaking of late, I'm just seeing this now. Thank you, friend. I grabbed some help from the PA Discord... So if you ever need help, please feel free to ask (or just head there and ask). It was like a ten minute clear - super simple and breezy with high-level help. Now I'm about 60% of the way through the next Gambit stage of it and just grinding here and there.

D2 has 100% been my comfort food so far this year.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Strand trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgv00uCRt60

And a new page with a bunch of info on the new classes:
    https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/inside-strand

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    real surprised they're not just letting everyone have stasis if they've done it on one character.

it's an insane wall and why i won't even bother playing a warlock ever. i've done the stasis unlock fuckin' twice already, and once was too much on it's own.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    real surprised they're not just letting everyone have stasis if they've done it on one character.

it's an insane wall and why i won't even bother playing a warlock ever. i've done the stasis unlock fuckin' twice already, and once was too much on it's own.

Did you do it before they made it way easier? Because it’s definitely easier now. But yeah just unlocking it for the other two would be nice

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    shryke wrote: »
    Strand trailer:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgv00uCRt60

And a new page with a bunch of info on the new classes:
    https://www.bungie.net/7/en/News/article/inside-strand

Is the Warlock the one making the little skittery bugs?! I love summon classes.

H9f4bVe.png
    Hmm I wasn’t expecting a deliv—ohhhhh
    hztiymy3xttv.jpeg

These mini lore books are neat

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    I should really get around to unlocking stasis on my warlock and hunter. Outside of that stretch goal I've got: a few more gambit matches for the final non-Veles-X challenge, doing 6 more heists (one of which needs to be legend on the last planet I didn't get done already), a final seraph shield to get the dog, some EDZ stuff to finish up that new challenge, and then I'll be done! Except for finding the executioner's hoard to finally get the gumshoe title, which I'm not excited for since you have to just hang around until the special event randomly starts in the zone you're in.

• OptyOpty Registered User regular
    Outside of the seasonal storyline stuff, is there anything we should make sure to do before the expansion? Also is the 30th anniversary stuff going away or does that stick around?

Opty wrote: »
    Outside of the seasonal storyline stuff, is there anything we should make sure to do before the expansion?

Take a look at the red bars the seasonal vendors have and decide if you'd like to craft any of them. You can buy a red border every day if you've got that upgrade for that respective seasonal vendor. So that is pretty doable for at least a couple weapons from each vendor. You'll probably struggle more with getting the energy to buy those weapons.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    Outside of the seasonal storyline stuff, is there anything we should make sure to do before the expansion? Also is the 30th anniversary stuff going away or does that stick around?

I think the 30th Anniversary stuff stays but the Seal won't.

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    On a related note I’d kill someone for Xur or the Horse to sell us red bar Anniversary weapons. I have absolutely shit-tier luck in regards to them.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    They need to adjust Deepsight drops for DSC as well

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Another arm day, another tap out after hours of solo legendary lost sectors without a single exotic.

edit: With the power of complaining and grinding like another half hour--I was getting those runs sub 5 minutes--Necrotic Grip dropped for me, which is what I wanted the most. Hooray for complaining.

Kamar on
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Kamar wrote: »
    Another arm day, another tap out after hours of solo legendary lost sectors without a single exotic.

edit: With the power of complaining and grinding like another half hour--I was getting those runs sub 5 minutes--Necrotic Grip dropped for me, which is what I wanted the most. Hooray for complaining.

I got the same, last week when I started doing the legendary lost sectors.

Next night, I spent about 2 hours doing the next one, and got nothing - except a random exotic drop, which I already had.