As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Nu [Gundam] thread isn't just for shows!

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Kamfer is such a great design, I loved piloting it in Journey to Jarburo

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    You know the only good memory I have of SEED is how it had so many Haros.

More things need to have Haros in them. G Witch has a lot of them! But they don't get to speak and that's sad.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

More things need to have Haros in them. G Witch has a lot of them! But they don't get to speak and that's sad.

00 has several Haros in it, they're part of the maintenance crew on Ptolemaios.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Polaritie wrote: »

my favorite gag across the series how they kept adding more and more haros to lockon's gundam

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    stargazer is... well, it's basically there, is the best thing I can say about it

there's no kira at least

Stargazer is fine.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

I forgot about this!

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    stargazer is... well, it's basically there, is the best thing I can say about it

there's no kira at least

Stargazer is fine.

I think I just had it spoiled for me when people were hyping it up

it's certainly not seed destiny

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

This show needed far more Red Haro

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Netflix adaptation confirmed?

• Options
    Meanwhile apparently last summer there was a panel where they talked about what to expect from the Seed feature film, and someone on Reddit summarized it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/uk61wa/they_told_us_lots_of_information_about_the_new/
    Morita admits that he is drawing heavily from Morosawa's notes. The intention is to keep the original plot, and eliminate the details or ideas that can make the project confusing.

In the Gundam Ace interview , Fukuda also talked about hundreds of pages of notes and unfinished script left by his wife, and how the hardest part of the film was finding a way to sort the material.

Morita points out that before Gundam, the "world building" behind the robotic series was not given much importance, and it was easy to fix certain details after defining the design of the main mecha; after Gundam, the preponderance of the setting has become absolute, so much so that neither mecha nor ships can replace what constitutes Gundam as such, or, according to Morita, its "world".

During the meeting Fukuda tells that he is working hard on the project, and how the support of all the fans, both Japanese and foreign, is of enormous comfort.

In closing, Okawara recalls the emotions aroused by the Gundam historical during its production, of the extraordinarily revolutionary sensation perceived during the scene of the infiltration of the Zaku in the colony of the first episode, and confesses to feeling similar sensations during the creation of this feature film -

The impression was that of an atmosphere very quiet and collaborative, and even Fukuda seemed at ease, many spectators were amazed and amused by his spontaneity.

Even Ishii, on his personal profile of him, tells how the only difficulty of the match was balancing everyone's participation during the limited time available - Certainly you don't have to deal with certain "heavyweights" every day. of gundamic animation!

next feature film, and this also gives the opportunity to address the discourse on CG, which will be used in the new production.

Okawara admitted he used the computer because he found the idea of ​​designing all those new winged and detailed models exhausting, and Fukuda adds that if you spend money and time on it, CG can give really interesting results.

Fukuda had examined the matter of the CG after having used it for the creation of the promotional video of the Freedom statue in Shanghai : initially against the idea, he instead realized how extremely simplified not only the work of the animators, but also the his, because he could freely change a camera angle or point of view using the CG model instead of stressing the animators by forcing them to draw by hand; in short, this freedom of maneuver allows him to experiment more with filming.

Fukuda's intention with this film was to provide a Cosmic Era ending that would do justice to all the characters, especially Shinn, who will return in this version; for Fukuda it is in fact essential that a sequel focuses on the vicissitudes of all the main characters of the "saga", and not just on the new cast.

The focal point of the new film will obviously also be the mecha: for the new project Okawara has signed 8 new models, including a new Freedom, whose wings will have feathers (!!) used as weapons. Okawara confides that he suffered from the design of the new Freedom, which Fukuda had asked him to make transformable as well. His work, after having started designing this "power-up" from last summer, seems to be almost finished.

There will also be "new versions" of the mecha of the historical series, as already happened for the Zaku and the Gouf, among which the Gyan is mentioned.

Finally, it seems that Katsutaka Miyatake (Studio Nue) is also participating with a design that is not about colonies -? Fukuda says he found this design among the options discarded by the TV series, and asked him if he could use it for the new project.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I just felt the need to post this again. Gundam Wing spoilers, if those are actually a thing anymore.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Damn gurl.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Started building my Aerial gundam and I'm really annoyed because there is a chest piece part that moves when I move the arm and then the part it is supposed to hold in shifts and I have no idea what to do.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Started building my Aerial gundam and I'm really annoyed because there is a chest piece part that moves when I move the arm and then the part it is supposed to hold in shifts and I have no idea what to do.

Glue isn't an option?

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    re: 00s, if you're gonna watch it, watch the whole thing. It might have a slow paced beginning, but that's because it's a lot of character and world building work before everything starts going to hell.

I like the show, but i do think it sold the world uniting way too easily. The more likely end of S1 is everyone promptly turns on each other, and the newly formed A-Laws has it's work cut out for it. I think, in general, the shift from s1 with the politicking to s2 with Single Evil Fascist Organization honestly kind of sucked - I'd have liked it more if we saw more of the A-Laws slowly overtaking in power and taking advatnage of the various powerblocs undermining each other.

The movie is still very fun though.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    edited February 2023

I had the same issue; it can be disassembled easily enough after so what I did was attach it and just played with those shoulder areas till it was flexible enough it didn’t keep wanting to pop the side bits and thus send the Permet effect bits flying
    Renzo wrote: »

Glue isn't an option?

You could but then you can’t change out the Permet pieces if you wanted between the printed and the decal versions

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »
    I just felt the need to post this again. Gundam Wing spoilers, if those are actually a thing anymore.
    similar energy to:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5KJm2kqzM

• Options

Okay I can get that I never picked up on The Trans Am, the Barbatos Eye Glow and the King of Hearts nods… but how when watching Ultraman Z did I not fucking pick up on the burning finger???

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Stargazer is underway and two thoughts so far:

1) This feels a hell of a lot more solid, narratively and thematically, than the mainline Seed entries in a fraction of the time

2) Holy hell the fucking war crimes

EDIT: HAND

WHAT

HAND

HAND

HAND
    uqjl4pd9bflj.jpeg
    0r1wb5v1krzi.jpeg

WHAT ARE COSMIC ERA MOBILE SUITS

WHAT ARE THEY

EDIT: conceptually, the Stargazer may be the most beautiful thing in the Cosmic Era of Gundam

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Just caught up on Witch after being on vacation.

Ep. 6 Ending....
    W T F ? ! ? !

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Continuing to watch g-witch with my bro until we are caught up. Did episodes 2 and 3 today. Definitely noticed things I missed the first time, and not just because I was reading subtitles.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

I had the same issue; it can be disassembled easily enough after so what I did was attach it and just played with those shoulder areas till it was flexible enough it didn’t keep wanting to pop the side bits and thus send the Permet effect bits flying

Glue isn't an option?

You could but then you can’t change out the Permet pieces if you wanted between the printed and the decal versions

I will try playing around with the bit tonight and hopefully get it to work as well.

Thank you!

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    edited February 2023

Glue isn't an option?

I will try playing around with the bit tonight and hopefully get it to work as well.

Thank you!

No prob; just be careful not to insert the Permet pieces while you do so cause they like to fucking fling themselves like a spring until those pieces are properly settled and secured

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    What’s everyone’s choice of top coats? Preferably matte. Bonus points if they’re easy to get. I probably should have asked this question before I put in an order for supplies at usagundamstore but here we are.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I have only used one brand, which worked fine but ran out awfully fast, I might have been (probably was) overusing it though. Was small spray cans of mr. top coat flat. It's hard to get a sense for how good your coverage is with transparent spray paint.

Also consider masking off parts that should be shiny like visors, eyes, lenses and gem like parts before matte varnishing.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    For spray cans Mr. Hobby's Mr. Premium if you can't find that then Mr. Top Coat. There is also Mr. Super Clear and Tamiya's spray cans but those are lacquer so they are not good for spraying over paint. For airbrushing I just use Alclad II Klear Kote cause those are pre-thinned and I am lazy, they are lacquer but I've never had any problems with them ruining paint or plastic.

All the smaller hobby stores or RC car places around me have a shelf for Tamiya and sometimes GSI Creos paint so you can probably find someplace local.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Stargazer done and that was a hell of a lot better than, like, literally anything else in Seed.

Honestly I would love to see more with the folks at the DSSD and their whole deal.

Also: Goodbye Giant Hand, whatever the fuck your deal was:
    8375umw3vh8n.jpeg

That said, all in all, I think even without the Astray OVA I think I’m ready to render my final thoughts on Seed (until I guess the new movie), and they’re thoughts I rendered earlier:
    mtoqucyzecye.jpeg

Bonus fun fact, via Jackson from Great Gundam Project, who are still mired in Destiny for like the next half a year:

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2023

━━━━━━━━━━
    Ξ Gundam boot screen console
    ━━━━━━━━━━
    The motion was done by Mr. Yoshinori Sayama, and it gave me a feeling of excitement suitable for the launch of a new aircraft. I coordinated with Mr. Nobuhiko Gemma to activate the full sky monitor in the same scene! (Monitor: Kasaoka)

#閃光のハサウェイTVエディション (4 episodes) 📺
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    Thank you for your viewing
    ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
    New illustration drawn by mechanical designer Seiichi Nakatani released ✨
    Thank you for your continued support of "Mobile Suit Gundam #閃光のハサウェイ " ‼️

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    So I had two legs of the RG Nu together and got more time to work on it today. I was looking at the skirt panels and some cool details on them and decided i actually was going to panel line it.

This is the third time I've done that. the first was a sazabi where i didn't know the pour panel liner was an enamel that makes plastic brittle, the second was that industrial design gundam where i went back and forth with clear coats so i could use the pour liner.

This time i just grabbed the finest tip micron i had and a q-tip. And honestly the results are not bad. I just apparently decided to do more work previously for an effect difference that is mostly only noticeable up close and in small details.

The chest armor on top of the frame on this one being like 8 individual panels is kind of wild though. I almost lost 4 pieces today because of how small they were.

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    So I had two legs of the RG Nu together and got more time to work on it today. I was looking at the skirt panels and some cool details on them and decided i actually was going to panel line it.

This is the third time I've done that. the first was a sazabi where i didn't know the pour panel liner was an enamel that makes plastic brittle, the second was that industrial design gundam where i went back and forth with clear coats so i could use the pour liner.

This time i just grabbed the finest tip micron i had and a q-tip. And honestly the results are not bad. I just apparently decided to do more work previously for an effect difference that is mostly only noticeable up close and in small details.

The chest armor on top of the frame on this one being like 8 individual panels is kind of wild though. I almost lost 4 pieces today because of how small they were.

Micron Club! Micron club! Micron Club!

What size nib? The .15 is damn useful, and little extra ink plus a smidge of isopropyl will let it flow a bit too

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options

Micron Club! Micron club! Micron Club!

What size nib? The .15 is damn useful, and little extra ink plus a smidge of isopropyl will let it flow a bit too

tbh I didn't want to spend time guessing and the skirt panels that prompted it had some really fine indented lines so I just went straight to a .005 and it has been going well. maybe i can experiment more now that I feel pretty comfortable, I definitely just have a whole pile of different sizes i haven't touched probably since art classes in college and i'm shocked they still work

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Holy shit I didn’t realize they made a .005, I gotta find that now

EDIT: wait 005 (the .20mm) or a .005mm?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Holy shit I didn’t realize they made a .005, I gotta find that now

EDIT: wait 005 (the .20mm) or a .005mm?

oh hey i never noticed that. yeah it looks like 005 must just be their number. there is a much smaller "0.20 mm line width" on the side

ok i just looked it up. they make a 003 which I didn't even know and that's the .15mm one

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Did anyone talk to the hand?

I don't want to watch this show but I have to know if anyone talked to the hand as if it were a person

• Options
    edited February 2023
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Did anyone talk to the hand?

I don't want to watch this show but I have to know if anyone talked to the hand as if it were a person

They did not

They do to the Stargazer however and repeatedly treat and refer to him as a potentially/eventually sentient, albeit very undeveloped, intelligence (or rather the Stargazer’s AI unit, which is physically in it’s own cockpit block which can be swapped in favor of a two seater human cockpit block)

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    I am filled with immeasurable disappointment.

But hey at least we have neat AI regardless!

• Options
    I’ve decided now after seed to go and pick a rewatch back up, this time going with a much better Gundam series.

GUNDAM FIGHT REEEEEEEEADY

GO!!

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    The tonal whiplash is going to be amazing, even from the fly-on-the-wall perspective we've got through the thread.

aTBDrQE.jpg