As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Nadir, Scorchlands & You can Do!mino out today!

19495969798100»

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Prohass wrote: »
    I remember in the infancy of gamergate I had my heart broken pretty bad by like this formally sex positive YouTuber who did videos about safe sex and talking openly with teenagers about sexuality and sex ed, and finding out that she had apparently just completely turned hard right and changed all of her views to be completely hardcore right wing gamergate nonsense, going ultra Christian and disavowing her previous views

Even worse it apparently started when she dated a YouTuber guy who had these views. Which was a massive red flag and concern. It was the most horrific and sad right turn I’d ever seen and shook me hard enough that I’ve kind of always been prepared for YouTubers and such to disappoint me

Was this
    Laci Green
    ?

Psykoma on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Brolo, you are wildly notable

...on this forum.

I'm not sure how you can make a quick buck off of having the correct opinion on Star Citizen, but I bet you can make some money off of being the septic tank filter that Steam's "new releases" list flows through. Put your list of recommendations up on the broader Internet, put it behind a paywall, obvious - but then you monetize it from the other end, too, since plenty of game devs would eagerly pay you to get some exbrosure.

I might at some point if I change jobs, but I'm technically already paid to pull these lists, so I can't really turn this into a money making side hustle.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    I really like a lot of their videos, but they’ve felt decidedly low effort lately (sponsor segments that are like 40% of the video runtime), and their recent Last of Us premiere party video kind of crossed the line from ironic self-deprecation to uncomfortably genuine over getting invited to/making videos about industry events so much so that it kinda squicked me out in a way I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

The guy is currently making fun of the comments they’re getting, put on a fedora in game and said “me thinks you are transphobic, milady”

They’re basically having a super neoliberal meltdown about it. They don’t specifically hate trans people, so streaming the game is fine. They can’t understand why people would be upset by this in any way.

Oh they're doing that thing.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Jesus christ imagine pirating the arry potter game

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    I remember in the infancy of gamergate I had my heart broken pretty bad by like this formally sex positive YouTuber who did videos about safe sex and talking openly with teenagers about sexuality and sex ed, and finding out that she had apparently just completely turned hard right and changed all of her views to be completely hardcore right wing gamergate nonsense, going ultra Christian and disavowing her previous views

Even worse it apparently started when she dated a YouTuber guy who had these views. Which was a massive red flag and concern. It was the most horrific and sad right turn I’d ever seen and shook me hard enough that I’ve kind of always been prepared for YouTubers and such to disappoint me

Was this
    Laci Green
    ?

Yeah I haven’t looked up what happened to her since but it was a super weird and awful turn

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Was this
    Laci Green
    ?

Yeah I haven’t looked up what happened to her since but it was a super weird and awful turn

I recall one of these ladies and it might have been this one. Swung on with the woman haters and was shocked they treated her like shit too. Really idiot bite man moment

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    This thread is gettin that musty smell.

This discussion has been closed.