As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - One To One

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

One To One!

Penny Arcade - Comic - One To One

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    DruexDruex Registered User regular
    Poor AI, I hope he patches things up with Jenny Rae Ted.

"It would be a sad error in judgement to mistake me for a corpse" - Kane : Tiberian Sun
  • Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    In order to classify AIs, I propose the term "Poe-ring complete". An AI is Poe-ring complete if it creates an AI parody of something and it is indistinguishable from an AI generated real thing.

• Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    Jerry screwed up, those hands look too real... sorry

• Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    Our digital children are now doing what our physical ones have been doing since the dawn of time - turning a very harsh mirror on the habits we thought nobody else noticed.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Grendus wrote: »
    Our digital children are now doing what our physical ones have been doing since the dawn of time - turning a very harsh mirror on the habits we thought nobody else noticed.

"I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!"

P.S. One is old enough to yell at kids to get off your lawn if you got that reference.

Overkillengine on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    palidine40 wrote: »

Yeah, AIs are really bad at hands. I've seen some AI generated pictures that have actually escaped the Uncanny Valley as long as you look at the faces, but then the hands are just a mess of fingers and knuckles with at best a hypothetical relationship.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Hevach wrote: »

Yeah, AIs are really bad at hands. I've seen some AI generated pictures that have actually escaped the Uncanny Valley as long as you look at the faces, but then the hands are just a mess of fingers and knuckles with at best a hypothetical relationship.

They aren't great at teeth either. Maybe not as bad as with hands, but you'll get the front 2 incisors fused. Or too many teeth. I've heard they mess up earlobes too.

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

They aren't great at teeth either. Maybe not as bad as with hands, but you'll get the front 2 incisors fused. Or too many teeth. I've heard they mess up earlobes too.

Sometimes they do just fine.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

That site (thispersondoesnotexist.com) has gotten better, but I believe it was one of the original sources of teeth and ears that didn't quite work. I remember a journalist sourcing doctors and dentists for a piece on astroturf accounts with fake headshots.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »

That site (thispersondoesnotexist.com) has gotten better, but I believe it was one of the original sources of teeth and ears that didn't quite work. I remember a journalist sourcing doctors and dentists for a piece on astroturf accounts with fake headshots.

Oh yeah, a decade ago ML was terrible at this sort of thing. Now it draws rocketships and unicorns based on other people's talent. Teeth are a no-brainer (no, really, please don't make the teeth out of brains, Stable Diffusion).

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    How about brains out of teeth!

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    And now you guys have provided the dataset with *two* instances of teeth-brains. We can only hope that they only make *pictures* of brains out of teeth, instead of trying the real thing.