As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    She looks awesome! Is the mask one tiny piece or a replacement head? Just curious.

It's a replacement face plate.

9uxzu2t0r1lf.jpg
    e9w9kxdux0dz.jpg
    rai81zfemo6m.jpg
    bh6dgqmlwadf.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Oh wow, ok, that is pretty neat!

Edit: Forgot to thank you for the photos.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Well now, if that isn't nightmare fuel!

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    9uxzu2t0r1lf.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMPH!!??!?!

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    Y'all are so squeamish! I see you transforming your robots right and left and no one ever talks about it being nightmare fuel then! Well, this Optimus Prime transforms too, dammit!

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    Those are robits though.

That's a squishy.

It's different.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh sure, it's fine when John Travolta and Nic Cage do it.

Delduwath wrote: »
    Oh sure, it's fine when John Travolta and Nic Cage do it.

I don't think anyone thought that was "fine." A thrilling joyride and Nic Cage tour de force, sure, but not fine.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    "give me your faceplate"

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    So I was in Target today and saw one of the D&D Dicelings and I walked out the proud owner of the Red Dragon which will go great on my desk.

At least, I was the proud owner of the Red Dragon until my 7 year old daughter got home, adopted it, named it Cinder, wanted to know all about chromatic dragons, wondered why there wasn't an emerald dragon diceling, how it's very unfair that the chromatic dragons are all mean and the metallic dragons are all good, and she wants both the Owlbear and Black Dragon dicelings for her birthday in a couple of months.

Parenthood.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    DoctorArch wrote: »
    So I was in Target today and saw one of the D&D Dicelings and I walked out the proud owner of the Red Dragon which will go great on my desk.

At least, I was the proud owner of the Red Dragon until my 7 year old daughter got home, adopted it, named it Cinder, wanted to know all about chromatic dragons, wondered why there wasn't an emerald dragon diceling, how it's very unfair that the chromatic dragons are all mean and the metallic dragons are all good, and she wants both the Owlbear and Black Dragon dicelings for her birthday in a couple of months.

Parenthood.

Buy another red dragon and paint it green.

Heffling wrote: »

Parenthood.

Buy another red dragon and paint it green.

"I see a red dragon
    And I want it painted green..."

Would the rhythm work better if we replace "red" with "crimson"?

The original lyric was "red door" so I'm not sure adding another syllable is the solution.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    I see a red wyrm and I want it painted green?

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

Parenthood.

As someone who got his DM to let him have a metallic Mercury dragon that he found once, and has never found in any supplement in the last 20 years...

I also agree that the chromatic vs. metallic dragon thing is a thing.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    Athenor wrote: »

Parenthood.

As someone who got his DM to let him have a metallic Mercury dragon that he found once, and has never found in any supplement in the last 20 years...

I also agree that the chromatic vs. metallic dragon thing is a thing.

I think it was published again in the Draconomicon: Metallic Dragons in 2009.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Gemstone dragons tend to get ignored for the chromatics and metallics.

Honestly I think it’s possible to go Drizzt with a chromatic, but most DMs don’t bother.

I just loved the idea of a dragon that used light as it's breath weapon, and could blind foes and the like.

Plus looking like a T-1000's interpretation of a dragon is just cool. I fell in love with this idea long before Blue Eyes White Dragon, though thinking on it now...

The "chromatic vs. metallic" thing is a very D&D, "most races are inherently Alignment X and only the NPCs in our adventures and protagonists in our novels get to be otherwise" thing. I'm not sure what the modern 5th Ed stance is, but I think multiple D&D-adjacent games have gone "dragons are whatever alignment, frankly they're all probably gonna be scheming and machinating on a level that's unsafe for squishy humanoids".

Of course, those are the two most commonly-used types of dragons, but I love all the weirder ones that sit outside those categories. Like, just scroll through the "D" section of the 2nd Edition AD&D Monster Manual + Compendiums until you get to "dragon". Gem dragons, rust dragons, deep and fang and cloud dragons.

Oh, did your cocky players jump in their spelljamming ship and try to establish a base on some out-of-the-way moon? Well guess what, "Moon dragons are evil dragons that exclusively inhabit caves on moons", now the whole party's eaten.

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »

Honestly I think it’s possible to go Drizzt with a chromatic, but most DMs don’t bother.

I think this is a good hook because my daughter informed me this morning that Cinder the red dragon actually prefers the name Cinnamon with Cinder being her middle name and Cinnamon is Queen of the Evil Dragons with "evil" being more or less synonymous with Wreck It Ralph's "just because you're a bad guy doesn't mean you're a bad guy stance."

Alright universe, if this is how I get my kids into D&D I'll take the hint.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Nobody wrote: »

I think this is a good hook because my daughter informed me this morning that Cinder the red dragon actually prefers the name Cinnamon with Cinder being her middle name and Cinnamon is Queen of the Evil Dragons with "evil" being more or less synonymous with Wreck It Ralph's "just because you're a bad guy doesn't mean you're a bad guy stance."

Alright universe, if this is how I get my kids into D&D I'll take the hint.
    Frankly, this is sounding like the best possible outcome.

Alright, so I have a few toys to share with the thread (yay!).

First up is an odd one that I had to buy because... well I have an addiction of buying nifty robots, and growing up I had an unhealthy obsession with the Transformers DuoCons toys. For those who don't want to click on the link, basically they are two smaller vehicles that you put on top of each other and they "form" (by popping some springs and joints) a robot. There was Flywheels which was a jet and tank, and Battletrap which was a helicopter and truck with camper shell. Anyways, I would always want one growing up and played with my friend's copy of Flywheels when I would visit him (I eventually bought one a few years ago). Anyways, a bit ago Bandai brought out these toys under the Machine Robo Universe called Unitroborn that has two objects that can combine and form a robotic thing. Big Bad Toy Store link I was intrigued since I love the gimmick, odd Japanese robots, and well like I said an addiction. Anyways, I got them delivered a bit ago and absolutely can't stop fiddling with them. HAHAHA. They are so odd and unique that I felt the need to take a photo of it and share with you all. I mean, who in their crazy mind can imagine a world where a shark and vending machine would form a robot? I guess it can only be topped by a lobster merging with an apple to form one (there is one but sold out on BBTS). So here are two photos of the toy to share.

Sharkvendingmachine_01.jpg

Sharkvendingmachine_02.jpg

Now onto some sadder news. So recently I bought a third party Transformer of Hoist (Fanstoys Hitch) since it was on sale for a really cheap price and I was intrigued by the reviews saying that he was good. Plus as much as I hate the Transformers Hoist (he was my brother's toy and I always considered Hoist as a KO Trailbreaker since they were somewhat mold mates) since I bought the reissue of him as a consolation prize for missing Trailbreaker. I loved Trailbreaker more since I loved the black Toyota Hilux truck he was based off of. No idea why I liked him so much growing up (could be because my Dad had an old Toyota truck with camper shell), but I just did. Then Back to the Future came out and made me fall in love with a black Toyota truck even more. I ended up buying a black Toyota Tacoma as my first vehicle because I wanted one. Anyways, back to Hoist. I got the toy delivered a bit ago and can't stop transforming him. The transformation is simple (only one spot I don't like) and I might end up wearing out some joints transforming him so much. Truth be told, I bought him because he was on sale and I couldn't wait for my pre-order of Takara Tomy's Trailbreaker to come in. I'm glad I bought him though since he's a solid bot (except for the screws for his legs and having to compress the springs for the rear tires before transforming him) and feels quite durable.

Then I got Trailbreaker delivered two days ago. I was absolutely in love with Takara Tomy's version! It was the 80s Toyota Hilux of my dreams. Yeah his bot mode looks a bit terrible from the side due to seeing a side window in his backpack, but overall it is a solid bot. I quickly read the instructions since I didn't feel like trying to figure out the transformation puzzle on my own and got him to bot mode to take photos. Then, while memorizing the steps from truck to bot, I transformed him back to take a photo of the great truck mode. Part way through I saw a gap that bothered me between the cab and camper shell and it looked like I transformed him wrong. I tried massaging the parts to have them fit, then did one small squeeze and... well. I broke my little truck. I got him into truck mode and think I'll leave him in this mode. I have a replacement Trailbreaker in my cart, but just not pulling the trigger yet. Probably will since I love this toy even with the little ugly parts of him since the transformation is fun and easy to do, plus I love the look of him in truck and bot mode. The irony of me breaking Tralbreaker on the clear plastic part is that I was chatting with Delduwath about another Transformer toy that uses clear plastic and worrying that it would break if I bought it.

Too bad I can't transform him back to bot mode since his face comes off to swap with replacement faces and looks exactly like Cambiata's Optimus Prime!

Anyways, here are photos of the two before and after the breakage.

Hoist_TB_01.jpg

Hoist_TB_02.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Sorry to hear about your Trailbreaker : (

I was actually just looking at those silly duobots! Some of them look pretty neat but they seem a bit expensive

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Sorry to hear about your Trailbreaker : (

I was actually just looking at those silly duobots! Some of them look pretty neat but they seem a bit expensive

Thanks. From what I can see the more expensive Unitroborn are bigger which is why I ended up buying the shark/vending machine one. I should take a photo of it next to something else to show the size of it.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited February 2023
    Some more 2024 Transformers listings leaked.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2023/02/10/rumor-additional-2024-legacy-uni-listings-found-tfa-bumblebee-g1-gears-rescue-bots-chase-more-474946

-Deluxe G1 Gears
    -Deluxe G1 Sureshot
    -Core Beast Wars II Tasmania Kid
    -Core Energon Megatron
    -Deluxe Cyberverse Windblade
    -Deluxe Cyberverse Chromia
    -Deluxe Rescue Bots Chase

-Core "Rock 1"
    -Deluxe "Rock 1"

Might have to start a BW2 collection, excited for the Cyberverse ladies (yay! It's been awhile since we've gotten a new Windblade).

Wondering if I should watch Rescue Bots. I do like despite being intended for YOUNG kids, it's so old now that it qualifies for the nostalgia line.

Also Cyberverse is exciting because I'd really love a Generations style Cyberverse Clobber.

Undead Scottsman on
    Nice! They're continuing with the minibots. I'm hoping they eventually get to Powerglide at this rate.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Whoa, holy moly, a Beast Wars II character? That's pretty rad!

Delduwath wrote: »
    Whoa, holy moly, a Beast Wars II character? That's pretty rad!

Lio Convoy is actually available now.

https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-legacy-evolution-maximal-leo-prime

That's fair enough, I guess I kinda mentally put Lio Convoy in a different bucket because I think he's got more "mainstream" (by which I mean "non-Beast Wars dork") recognition, what with an MP being made of him and all, so I forget that he's a BWII character sometimes.

Man those stock photos of Leo Convoy are awful. They posed him to look like some kind of 6 armed freak.

I've always intensely disliked the lion legs hanging off of Leo Convoy's forearms, in all toy incarnations of the character. To me, they just always feel like messy kibble.

Speaking of which, MP-48+ Dark Amber Leo Prime just came out, which is kind of a weird toy. So Beast Wars II was a Japan-only follow-up/sorta-sequel to Beast Wars. The toyline for it featured mostly redecos/retools of Beast Wars toys, but there were some unique molds, one of them being Lio Convoy - the Optimus-Prime-analogue who turns into a white lion. At some point in the series, an evil clone of him is made, named - duh - Black Lio Convoy. The toys for Black Lio Convoy have consistently gotten his coloration reversed from the toon: toon Black Lio Convoy has a gray body and black mane, while all the toon Black Lio Convoys have had a black body with grey/silver mane (also, as a point of trivia, my understanding is that the original Black Lio Convoy toy was the first one to have the black/silver/teal color scheme that was later used for Scourge, Nemesis, and other "evil Optimus Prime" characters).

This toy that just came out has its color scheme based on all those not-toon-accurate Black Lio Convoy toys, but is named "Dark Amber Leo Prime" because... uh... I guess Takara made up a new character that is based on the toy colors of the original Black Lio Convoy?

Anywaaaay, the reason I'm bringing this up is that TFSource (which has been accused of some questionable business practices, and which has definitively sold toys at extreme mark-ups) has this brand-new Masterpiece toy on their weekend sale, for $120:
    https://tfsource.com/masterpiece-transformers/mp-48-leo-prime-dark-amber-transformers-masterpiece/
    This is like $20-$30 cheaper than the standard price, as far as I can tell. If someone was looking to pick this up, now would be a good time (although I recommend using e.g. PayPal when buying from TFSource, given their history of multiple breaches where customer credit card data was compromised).

Even though I'm not a fan of Hatsune Miku (she's a cute character, I just don't listen to her music), I'm considering preordering this outfit:

https://volksusastore.com/webstores/dollfie/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=13832

ct1v1y1yss15.png

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I have a feeling a decent amount of Miku fans just like her design and don't listen to her music lol

Speaking of overpriced...

It looks like the upgrade kit for Velocitron Scourge is sold out pretty much everywhere, and DNA Design is not known for doing second runs.

It normally retails for around $35, but I see there are some eBay listings for $50 or so. I'm wondering.. is it worth it? The main thing is getting gap fillers, and making over the top weapons...

I skipped out on getting it since I didn't like how you still had to partsform the trailer for the super weapon mode and the only bits I really wanted as the hands and maybe the gap fillers.

Well, my wallet is gonna cry anyways.

I was just informed that Hugerhino and Power Commander (MP Armada Prime Recolor) should both be hitting in the next couple of days.

Armada Prime is supposedly the Commander Class figure for Legacy 2023, just a fyi in case you wanted to wait and see what it winds up looking like.

Armada Prime is supposedly the Commander Class figure for Legacy 2023, just a fyi in case you wanted to wait and see what it winds up looking like.

Hahahahaha... No.

Because I know that there is no way in hell Hasbro will make one as good as FansHobby... And there is no way in hell they will make an Overload and Jetfire to go with it.