As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Into the Odd [Tabletop Roleplaying] Appreciation Zone

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Matev wrote: »
    I mean, Pathfinder 1e was just 3.5 with the serial numbers filed off to start, so they're just following in a fine tradition

Pathfinder 1E was at least filling in as a 3.75 when 3.5 was discontinued and replaced with the radically different 4E. Project Black Flag would make more sense if WotC was making a true 6E that was incompatible with 5E instead of a 5.5 (maybe that's what Kobold Press assumed WotC was going to do?).

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Don't mind me, working on my own thing:

The Survivor - what didn't kill you made you stronger, and you've got the scars to prove it. A scrappy front line fighter who gains new abilities and improves themself by being bloodied in a fight.

The Scavenger - a tanner, a scrimshander, an alchemist, and a butcher, the scavenger takes the remains of their defeated enemies and turns them into useful materials for the future.

The Ghoul - through innate ability or unholy ritual, the ghoul feeds off of the energies of their enemies while they're still alive, providing great temporary power. The power taken comes at a cost though, with the ghoul gradually transforming into the things they've fed from.

The Naturalist - with careful study and detailed research, they learn not how to strengthen themself, but instead how best to weaken their enemies. While handy with a weapon in a pinch, most of their skills are devoted to preparation, whether that's building traps, brewing poisons, or learning tactics.

Not sure entirely on system yet - I feel like there's some solid ground for building PbtA with these ideas, but I'm also considering looking at something like Slayers for inspiration, so that characters don't just advance differently, but play by a different set of rules from one another from the outset.

Considering splitting the scavenger into what I see as its two halves - the gear focused tanner and scrimshander vs the consumable crafting butcher and alchemist. I feel like there's enough [insert pun] to support both as gameplay roles, but I'm not sure what progression would necessarily look like for the butcher-side if everything they're doing is short term. Possibly making them a directly profit focused advancement, like, by selling what they make in downtime they can learn new recipes and buy new flensing knives.

I'd also like a solid leader role of some sort. Maybe the naturalist can turn into this, writing a chronicle of the hunts and pulling out previously used tactics and bits of knowledge.

Might also change all of the playbook names into animal names, like, the Boar, Crow, Leech, et cetera.

• Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    there's an RPG on KS right now called Penetrating the Veil all about having sex with ghosts

that's it that's the post

Magic Pink on
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    there's an RPG on KS right now called Penetrating the Veil all about having sex with ghosts

that's it that's the post

Doesn’t seem very inclusive, let me offer my counter proposal: Get Fucked by Ghosts, a turn-based tactical roleplaying game.

Endless_Serpents on
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

The Survivor - what didn't kill you made you stronger, and you've got the scars to prove it. A scrappy front line fighter who gains new abilities and improves themself by being bloodied in a fight.

The Scavenger - a tanner, a scrimshander, an alchemist, and a butcher, the scavenger takes the remains of their defeated enemies and turns them into useful materials for the future.

The Ghoul - through innate ability or unholy ritual, the ghoul feeds off of the energies of their enemies while they're still alive, providing great temporary power. The power taken comes at a cost though, with the ghoul gradually transforming into the things they've fed from.

The Naturalist - with careful study and detailed research, they learn not how to strengthen themself, but instead how best to weaken their enemies. While handy with a weapon in a pinch, most of their skills are devoted to preparation, whether that's building traps, brewing poisons, or learning tactics.

Not sure entirely on system yet - I feel like there's some solid ground for building PbtA with these ideas, but I'm also considering looking at something like Slayers for inspiration, so that characters don't just advance differently, but play by a different set of rules from one another from the outset.

Considering splitting the scavenger into what I see as its two halves - the gear focused tanner and scrimshander vs the consumable crafting butcher and alchemist. I feel like there's enough [insert pun] to support both as gameplay roles, but I'm not sure what progression would necessarily look like for the butcher-side if everything they're doing is short term. Possibly making them a directly profit focused advancement, like, by selling what they make in downtime they can learn new recipes and buy new flensing knives.

I'd also like a solid leader role of some sort. Maybe the naturalist can turn into this, writing a chronicle of the hunts and pulling out previously used tactics and bits of knowledge.

Might also change all of the playbook names into animal names, like, the Boar, Crow, Leech, et cetera.

Taking some inspiration from Monster of the Week, I think an acolyte/cultist/monk type playbook would be good. A member of a long-running (secret) society dedicated to monster hunting. Van Helsing if you wanna be.

Would also like The Fool: someone with luck-based powers who just falls into it ass-backwards. Perhaps, in the tarot sense, they're new on this journey and could take abilities from other playbooks.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Black Flag seems like a weird, cynical, opportunistic thing. They announce and promise a new system, which implies more than just "5e but slightly different," and it feels like they saw that the SRD was in Creative Commons now and went "oh cool we don't have to do any of that hard work stuff, print it!"

I mean, I get it, people are going to (and should!) capitalize on WoTC's massive fuck up. I guess the intention is to build Black Flag out entirely that you don't need to use the core 5e books, but why would I buy it if I already have the core 5e books? This document does not give me confidence that Black Flag is going to be meaningfully different enough to warrant a purchase.
    I always got the impression Black Flag was meant for 3rd parties, not players. So, you want to make a D&D compatible module/supplement, but don't want to risk WoTC just renegging on their promises again? Make it Black Flag compatible and look it's also 5E compatible what a coinkydink.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    Black Flag seems like a weird, cynical, opportunistic thing. They announce and promise a new system, which implies more than just "5e but slightly different," and it feels like they saw that the SRD was in Creative Commons now and went "oh cool we don't have to do any of that hard work stuff, print it!"

I mean, I get it, people are going to (and should!) capitalize on WoTC's massive fuck up. I guess the intention is to build Black Flag out entirely that you don't need to use the core 5e books, but why would I buy it if I already have the core 5e books? This document does not give me confidence that Black Flag is going to be meaningfully different enough to warrant a purchase.
    I always got the impression Black Flag was meant for 3rd parties, not players. So, you want to make a D&D compatible module/supplement, but don't want to risk WoTC just renegging on their promises again? Make it Black Flag compatible and look it's also 5E compatible what a coinkydink.

Sure, but with the 5e SRD being in the Creative Commons now, there's no way for WoTC to go back. It's there forever, so this Black Flag thing is unnecessary from that perspective. It's still just what Kobold Press has been doing all along, which is making 5e compatible supplements. Calling it a new system, at this point, seems pretty disingenuous. Maybe it'll develop into something new and exciting later, but this playtest material gives me no indication of that, not does it inspire confidence that they're going that way.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Kobold Press announced Project Black Flag during the OGL controversy as a new game and since have walked back expectations to "it's a 5E clone we've been working on since last summer" (to be fair, maybe that work will be more evident in later playtest packets, especially after a large portion of initial feedback has been "uhh, I thought this was a new game?"). I think they just thought announcing it when they did would get more attention, which certainly seems to be the case.

• Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

The main obvious critique of these classes that springs to mind is that they all seem to act at different times in the hunt and could result in the game feeling a bit like heist games at their worse:

The naturalist prepares.
    Then the ghoul and survivor get highlight moments at the start and end of fights respective to how they generate leverage.
    Then the scavenger gets to do his thing.

• GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »

Sure, but with the 5e SRD being in the Creative Commons now, there's no way for WoTC to go back.
    I mean, you also cannot copyright game mechanics, never stopped TSR from bankrupting competitors. I expect at this point it's 50/50 on "well we already committed to it before it happened" and "some people will rightly be skeptical that Hasbro will give a shit about Creative Commons if they really set their mind to it".

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023

The main obvious critique of these classes that springs to mind is that they all seem to act at different times in the hunt and could result in the game feeling a bit like heist games at their worse:

The naturalist prepares.
    Then the ghoul and survivor get highlight moments at the start and end of fights respective to how they generate leverage.

Yeah, I'm definitely worried about that.

I'm thinking in some ways of it being like, a rotating leader sort of thing. Like, yes, the naturalist prepares, but they're not a quiet book researcher, they need to go out and actively track the beast and such to prepare, and would need the rest of the group as company for that. So the early stages of a given hunt are run based on their needs and goals - I'm imagining them filling clocks that they'll later be able to cash in for like, flashbacks of traps being setup or similar.

Then the big hunt, fighting a terrible beast, as you said, will be a mix of survivor and ghoul primarily, with others running support for that.

And then a downtime phase I guess, with the scavenger stripping down the remains and reusing them. This is the weakest I think, I'm not sure how to make the other parties actively involved. Maybe the scavenger should fall more to an NPC status.

Edit: or maybe everyone is a scavenger, and you pick your scavenge type at the beginning of the game. So you're a survivor/scrimshander or whatever. During downtime everyone gets to work on their scavenging projects - creating new equipment, making consumables for the next hunt, preparing meat to sell as food. With probably some particularly good things requiring multiple disciplines, so characters have to choose whether to help their friends or work on their own shit sometimes.

Straightzi on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    If anyone is interested, we've got a Shadowrun 5E game up on Club PA this morning

• RELtasticRELtastic Registered User regular
    My group has an interest in Galactic 2E and Going Rogue after the recent More Civilized episode. Anyone with experience with those or other games in that system have any advice on the first time playing those?

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    RELtastic wrote: »
    My group has an interest in Galactic 2E and Going Rogue after the recent More Civilized episode. Anyone with experience with those or other games in that system have any advice on the first time playing those?

No Dice No Masters systems intend for all players to be willing to embody the cinematic description and control of NPCs that normally fall to the GM role.

It might be a bit of a change of pace from other systems, so maybe just encourage up-front that players should not be afraid to jump into a scene and say "Hey, I have an idea for this Pillar here?"

I think the AMCA episode had plenty of great examples of the players talking through their idea and making sure everyone else was fine with it before influencing/complicating the narrative in ways that might have chafed with another player.

Thanks!

I may be about to answer my own question here, but

When doing combat for this kind of system, are outcomes and resolutions decided through discussion like everything else? I can't seem to see anything in the rules about that other than some of the playbooks having moves like "finish a fight you didn't start".

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Thanks!

When doing combat for this kind of system, are outcomes and resolutions decided through discussion like everything else? I can't seem to see anything in the rules about that other than some of the playbooks having moves like "finish a fight you didn't start".

Yes absolutely--combat in those games is a narrative beat, same as anything else

The drama in a fight scene isn't focused on "will my punch land because of the die result," it's "i'm cashing in a token to land a critical hit because that's narratively the next satisfying beat"

that core idea of "i take a token to get in trouble or spend a token to be a badass" is the core of everything, and fighting is no exception

I've played both games with their designers one-on-one, happy to answer any questions or provide breakdowns of how the games themselves work!

• pookapooka Registered User regular

The naturalist prepares.

Yeah, I'm definitely worried about that.

I'm thinking in some ways of it being like, a rotating leader sort of thing. Like, yes, the naturalist prepares, but they're not a quiet book researcher, they need to go out and actively track the beast and such to prepare, and would need the rest of the group as company for that. So the early stages of a given hunt are run based on their needs and goals - I'm imagining them filling clocks that they'll later be able to cash in for like, flashbacks of traps being setup or similar.

Then the big hunt, fighting a terrible beast, as you said, will be a mix of survivor and ghoul primarily, with others running support for that.

And then a downtime phase I guess, with the scavenger stripping down the remains and reusing them. This is the weakest I think, I'm not sure how to make the other parties actively involved. Maybe the scavenger should fall more to an NPC status.
    Apparently I have ideas:

I'm not familiar enough with non-combat or non-D20 systems to address different methods in modeling combat, so I'm making suggestions in that context.
    Well, animals are vulnerable when feeding -- so maybe there's some nasty (non-party) scavengers attracted to your fresh kill, a la 'natural' creatures who smell blood or decay, magical or supernatural creatures who sense the potential energy of blood/bone/death magic or 'scent' a newly-released spirit, or npc versions of your party who want to capitalize on your hard work or have been actively hunting a PC/the party. Or harmless observers or psychopomps that would draw the attention of more dangerous aggressors. So the other party members need to defend the butcher-aspect Scavenger while they play their part.

Butchering is not the most speedy process, so capitalize on that real-world aspect to show the inherent danger level of your world. Timing until and of a fight can be a clock or otherwise; as above, different scavenger types could appear in phases.

Maybe the Scavenger manages to get the hide but has to abandon more because their party is taking too many hits. Maybe they try to just carry out the corpse to vacate a particularly dangerous area, potentially attracting more notice in transit (more or worse fights) or losing quality in what they eventually harvest, and maybe they still can't fight, depending on the size of the kill.

So what else incentivizes them to butcher on the spot? What long-term consequences exist for abandoning a kill or butchering elsewhere beyond just losing out on components? Perhaps psychic debt, or retaliation from the super/natural environment for disturbing the natural order, maybe these Fates are annoyed because things ought to live, die, and decay in their niche, so the Scavenger tries to minimize their impact.

A path for progression could be better placating local and global fey (directly or via more skilled butchering), or studies in local to global prey & predator populations. Responsible hunting is also environmental conservation, yes. So with their hands in the literal and metaphorical guts of the prey, maybe the Scavenger most feels that impact; navigating that could be overlap or in partnership with the Naturalist, and gives a hook for them to share research in the prep phase.

Another route of progression, for your crafting aspect: Depending on the prey, maybe they get up to some warlocky or necromantic pastimes --or less questionably-- evocation, probably via bonepicker & scrimshander bidness (but tread carefully, given traditional cultural associations.) This could also support the progression in the last paragraph. But that also gives some ties to your Ghoul. Maybe the crafting Scavenger is trying to enhance or tap into the Ghoul's abilities, help preserve their original self, or access the Ghoul's energy sources for themselves. Could get a little mad science, experimenting on the Ghoul with degrees of consent.

As your frontline fighter, the Survivor sees the most benefit from the Scavenger's endeavors while in combat. So it would make sense to have them work together to customize gear to those needs, maybe spitballing new potions or strengthening/mending armor.. but the Survivor might also be the party's bodyman, maybe more streetwise or comfortable with the living, getting the components the Scavenger & Naturalist don't have time or capacity to fetch.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    Ooh I like that. I think even if I scrap the scavenger as a class in its own right I'll build something there.

edited February 2023
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Thanks!

Yes absolutely--combat in those games is a narrative beat, same as anything else

The drama in a fight scene isn't focused on "will my punch land because of the die result," it's "i'm cashing in a token to land a critical hit because that's narratively the next satisfying beat"

that core idea of "i take a token to get in trouble or spend a token to be a badass" is the core of everything, and fighting is no exception

I've played both games with their designers one-on-one, happy to answer any questions or provide breakdowns of how the games themselves work!

Great! I think I've been looking at the moves too strictly as the only things you can do, instead of as examples of things you can do. Thanks!

Edit - oh, hey! I actually listened to your episode playing Galactic! It was really helpful!

RELtastic on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    If anyone is interested, we've got a Shadowrun 5E game up on Club PA this morning

I saw that and my jaw dropped! I was quite excited. Was gonna talk to @Bull about it.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    In Azarubaya’s Theory of Goblins it is stated that the number of goblins per square mile is equal to thrice the number of heroic vagabonds present multiplied by the number of abandoned structures. In 1705 the general Ruttabanon Drepple put this into effect, successfully routing a garrisoned rival force at the city of Annol by employing sixteen homeless women who were instructed to shout “Together we will save this land.” outside the recently evacuated craftsman’s district due to a summer fire, then escape during the ensuing goblin spawning.

Thisi s great and exactly the sort of bullshit i'm here for.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Another example of a No Dice No Masters system game would be the game of Orbital played by Friends at the Table during their lead up to the upcoming season. That one might be a bit harder to drop in on because it assumes a lot of setting knowledge for what they’re doing, but they do a great job with it.

Thanks, folks! My group has mostly only used D&D and Genesys up til now, so I'm hoping doing some branching out will be good for us. Right now we're scheduled to try this out mid March, so I'll update then if I remember to.

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I think it was in here a week or two ago where I mentioned how wild I found it that there's a whole-ass language made up for the Phyrexian people in Magic the Gathering? Well two days ago WotC posted an article officially detailing quite a bit of it and it's cool as shit. It's also cool to me that people figured out so much of it on their own, especially since it's not just a simple substitution cypher for English. It's got it's own grammar, vocabulary, alphabet, etc. They actually hired a linguist to come up with it!

Plus it looks cool as fuck, so I'm going to steal from it wholeheartedlyborrow ideas from it

edit: like look at this shit, it's rad
    mrdd4vpqontd.png

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    On goblins: somewhere around the place I had thoughts on doing goblins-as-anglerfish.

Cave dwelling, big mouths well lots of point teeth, some sort of lure.

I also had the thought that you could do things with how anglerfish reproduce - that is the male(s) bite on and basically get absorbed into the females. Take that concept here, and you could say that Hobgoblins are the big alpha females who are capable of actually birthing live young, while normal goblins are sterile

And Bugbears would be the result of the process going wrong someway, somehow, so now Hoover got a horrible cannibalistic goblin monster creeping around the caves

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    On goblins: somewhere around the place I had thoughts on doing goblins-as-anglerfish.

Cave dwelling, big mouths well lots of point teeth, some sort of lure.

I also had the thought that you could do things with how anglerfish reproduce - that is the male(s) bite on and basically get absorbed into the females. Take that concept here, and you could say that Hobgoblins are the big alpha females who are capable of actually birthing live young, while normal goblins are sterile

And Bugbears would be the result of the process going wrong someway, somehow, so now Hoover got a horrible cannibalistic goblin monster creeping around the caves

I do enjoy Mörk Borg's goblins as cursed. If they attack you, you'll turn into a goblin in 24 hours unless you kill the one who attacked you. They don't even need to hit.

Also they look like goblin sharks.

Dracomicron on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Thanks!

Great! I think I've been looking at the moves too strictly as the only things you can do, instead of as examples of things you can do. Thanks!

Edit - oh, hey! I actually listened to your episode playing Galactic! It was really helpful!

I'm genuinely so glad to hear that!! Helping people understand how these games are played is a big part of why I do the work I do.

Like I said, if you've got questions, I'm more than happy to help out.

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I must express my profound shame from my most recently run CY_BORG session.

They navigated the tunnels. They found the underground mall. They murdered a cy-rager outside that mall. They went inside and found a lab. They entered the lab, and then the doors locked behind them. Their wireless signals cut out completely, a mysterious figure explains to them that they're in a simulation, and the simulation is resetting.

The mysterious figure doesn't know why it keeps resetting, but they know that it is and they're super annoyed about it. The simulation is supposed to predict world-ending events and maybe this world-ending event is so fucking weird that it glitches the simulation? They don't know, they're annoyed. But you 5 fuckers are constantly at key locations at key times so you're their best chance. So if you figure out what's wrong and what keeps happening and learn how to prevent the end of the world, they'll put you in meatspace.

So they give this big speech to the party, they grant 5 wishes (Upgrade everyone's armor, retain all of their knowledge and money/gear, free piece of cybertech for everybody at random, debt cancellation for everyone, new warehouse-style digs), the clock hits 12, the party wakes up to "I Got You Babe."

Party is ecstatic, they're super excited about this twist and they really like it.

Sounds perfect, right?

WRONG.

I didn't.......I didn't.......*sob*.....

...I didn't work in one single goddamn "inexorably" into my speech at all, even after I made several mental notes to do so.

My shame is insurmountable.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    e: wait, kickstarters are still link non grata, aren't they.

Jragghen on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    You can do everything but link them.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    I mean, you can link them, but only after they've ended.

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Darmak wrote: »
    I think it was in here a week or two ago where I mentioned how wild I found it that there's a whole-ass language made up for the Phyrexian people in Magic the Gathering? Well two days ago WotC posted an article officially detailing quite a bit of it and it's cool as shit. It's also cool to me that people figured out so much of it on their own, especially since it's not just a simple substitution cypher for English. It's got it's own grammar, vocabulary, alphabet, etc. They actually hired a linguist to come up with it!

Plus it looks cool as fuck, so I'm going to steal from it wholeheartedlyborrow ideas from it

mrdd4vpqontd.png

You might wanna check out Ogham if you’re into languages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogham

Looks like it’s where the linguist started visually, though I’m sure they went to pains to make it original.

4cnjejkgns1h.jpeg

kg8xr3pa75uq.jpeg

Endless_Serpents on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »

mrdd4vpqontd.png

You might wanna check out Ogham if you’re into languages.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogham

Looks like it’s where the linguist started visually, though I’m sure they went to pains to make it original.

4cnjejkgns1h.jpeg

kg8xr3pa75uq.jpeg

Yeah, Ogham was the first thing I thought of when I saw how Phyrexian was written. I love me some vertical written languages, and these two having a connecting line down the center is pretty neato too

JtgVX0H.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so I was thinking about a druid but their whole deal is the gross parts of nature. bugs, mushrooms, rotting, carrion birds. they're big into composting, decay exists as an extant form of life kinda shit.

you can't have nature and just appreciate the pretty parts

so I was thinking about a druid but their whole deal is the gross parts of nature. bugs, mushrooms, rotting, carrion birds. they're big into composting, decay exists as an extant form of life kinda shit.

you can't have nature and just appreciate the pretty parts

Druid with Animate Dead, except the skellies are held together with moss and vines; explicitly nature spirits.

When called on it, the druid only admits to feeling strongly about recycling.

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I was also thinking of a bard who is getting older and is worried he's losing his artistic spark. so he makes a deal with a demoness, getting some warlock levels. she'll stir him to create and act as his muse in exchange for his service, and it's like, a deeply unhealthy dynamic because he was a roaming bard who never wanted a relationship, and nobody ever accused a demoness of not being toxic and controlling. they're a trainwreck in slow motion.

alternatively, a warlock who seduced and tricked a minor fey into being his patron and now they're in a loving long-distance relationship. they talk every night via paired sending stones.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I mean, you can link them, but only after they've ended.

Oh, okay, this one ended sometime last year.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nogstudio/menyr

Someone had linked this thing. UE5 VTT which is going into beta which can procedurally generate worlds, and looking at the videos it seems kinda nuts. Worth keeping an eye on.

• WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    I've managed to convince my player to not be a buff Human girl fighter and instead be a buff Earth Genasi girl fighter (skin like stone! Extra tough! Walks anywhere like a badass! We can keep looking for human art and just recolor their skin and add a few cracks in the face!). They don't even have to change their backstory! I feel pretty good about it.

I've managed to convince my player to not be a buff Human girl fighter and instead be a buff Earth Genasi girl fighter (skin like stone! Extra tough! Walks anywhere like a badass! We can keep looking for human art and just recolor their skin and add a few cracks in the face!). They don't even have to change their backstory! I feel pretty good about it.

Is there something wrong with buff human girl fighters?

This discussion has been closed.