As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Profile formatting

Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his kneesand say the 'our father'Registered User regular
I just noticed that our profile page looks different and the formatting is incorrect.

I'm using Firefox on windows 10

pWZ5zvl.png

acpRlGW.jpg
Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    Also coming across this issue, Win10, Chrome Version 109.0.5414.120 (Official Build) (64-bit)

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Also looks like user names can be edited again @DJ Eebs

5wpxpnfeu2ba.jpeg

jmcdonald on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Looking into it now, thank you for the heads up!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This is gonna sound weird, but how do you change your password on desktop these days? I went looking through the settings to see what was adjustable or not (I got a permission problem on editing my signature), and I just couldn't find a way to adjust things. I didn't want to risk logging out to see if "Forgot my password" was an option.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    gear icon in the upper right > preferences > look for "change my password" in the list on the left

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited February 2023
    gear icon in the upper right > preferences > look for "change my password" in the list on the left

Edit: I'm completely blind. WTF, that was not there a second ago.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    I'm trying to change my location and add my PSN to my profile, is it locked down rn?

I don't remember where those options are kept but if it's in signature settings, yeah I can't access my signature settings page either

BahamutZERO.gif
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I don't remember where those options are kept but if it's in signature settings, yeah I can't access my signature settings page either

Neither can I. Would like to edit my Location to properly reflect my pronoun preference.

Also, there used to be a Pronoun text box that was accessible through some menus that isn't anymore. I also can't see it one other users' profile.

steam_sig.png
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I don't "have permission" to edit aspects of my profile, including my title and location, signature, pronouns, etc.

@DJ Eebs Any word on when these aspects will be restored to user access? Is Vanilla just irrevocably broken?

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Apologies! I turned them off when we were having profile format problems, and forgot to turn them back on. Everyone should be able to edit their profiles as normal, now, let me know if there are any other issues.

Seems to be working again, thanks.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Seems to be working again, thanks.

Not for me. I can access the screen. But changes are not saving. I get the notification, but it's not reflecting the change.

Well, Location is saving and working. But Title is not.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
    weird, I tested both at once and they did indeed both save and display, then clear when I removed them.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Neither Location nor Title are saving for me. I get the toast saying they've saved but they do not.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    edited April 2023
    Double checked, I go to my profile settings, input the title and location, save it, input my password when requested, and then it says it saved. I check back here and my posts are now indeed showing the title and location I saved. Weird that it's not working for y'all but it is for me.

Also changes correctly when I change it from a not-blank title and location to different not-blank ones.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Adding a +1 for people not able to change their location info for a while now.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    I still can't change my title or location. It says "Saved!" but there's no actual change.

ASimPerson on