As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pride and Prejudice and Goncharov [Movies]

19495969798100»

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    I was talking with a co-worker who has three kids, 11, 14, 19. They're apparently completely over Marvel stuff, now, "It feels like they're always giving you homework."

I don't spend any time around teens, so it was interesting to hear that (the world's smallest sample size of) teens are rejecting those flicks. I don't think their decline in teen popularity is gonna sink 'em or anything, they've got a shitload of inertia at this point, but it could be a canary in the coalmine, presaging a wider wave of general fatigue.

my son is 12, and he's currently setting up a group of friends who are all excited to go see ant man 3 together, maybe like 4-5 other people? And they're all psyched about it. I don't really encourage him one way or the other on marvel stuff other than that I do watch them with him. But he is waaaay more into them than me, and keeps track of all the stuff going on and upcoming dates etc. and talks about them with his friends. I think kids in general are still pretty much eating it up.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

Oh man that's fucking great. I might subscribe for the month.

I've been watching Betty Blue, and it's wild, like a 1980s Amelie.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Bold move to do that with a movie that spends 90% of its runtime in a completely CG world as well

I mean that's been the case with every Disney property in the last five + years.

look, Shang Chi could have filmed some of their scenes in an actual field or building, they just chose not to

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    even though I'm less reflexively anti-MCU than some, I will say there's nothing on the schedule after GotG3 that is particularly exciting to me

I've been looking forward to GotG3 for ages, but that and Wakanda Forever might be the capstone of the franchise for me before I sunset any investment, unless there's a really surprisingly good one that comes along

to be fair that's how I'm feeling about everything Disney at the moment, I was almost done with Star Wars until Andor rocked my socks and now I'm stoked for season 2 of that (and not too much else)

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    The less actual stuff you shoot the easier it is to fix in post-production. Or hide that something is happening from the actors so you can surprise the fans for 1 day.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    DanHibiki wrote: »
    Bold move to do that with a movie that spends 90% of its runtime in a completely CG world as well

I mean that's been the case with every Disney property in the last five + years.

look, Shang Chi could have filmed some of their scenes in an actual field or building, they just chose not to

look, they could have payed the animation studios that worked on it... but they just don't wanna, ok?

This discussion has been closed.