As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I'm cold again, [weather thread]

19495969798100»

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    sounds like the snow forecast for right here tonight has changed back to no snow, ah well, would have been amazing though

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    We got a brief burst of rain/graupel mix earlier here in Inglewood (transitioned to all rain pretty quickly), seeing reports of that kind of slushy mix in other parts of the LA metro. Snow up in the Lancaster/Palmdale area, and even in the hills on the north end of the San Fernando Valley.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    It’s 73 degrees on February 23rd in Ohio

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    It’s 73 degrees on February 23rd in Ohio

The train derailment helped warm things up.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it never ceases to amuse me how excited LA area people get for all forms of Sky Water, I know I'm a bit of a lightweight on Weather as well being in norcal, but c'mon they're having so much fun!

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    There were some... I want to call them hail flurries? Throughout the day here in the Bay Area. Nothing that lasted long.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    There were some... I want to call them hail flurries? Throughout the day here in the Bay Area. Nothing that lasted long.

Yeah, what I called snow was probably that.

I think the actual term for it is graupel

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Pretty disappointed to find that nowhere on the Internet could I find anyone willing to sit down and do the actual math on the number of nukes needed to disrupt a cat 5 hurricane. Somebody, somewhere, has all the necessary ingredients in their head to do the math and they haven't. Fucking rude of them.

https://what-if.xkcd.com/23/

I knew xkcd had to have covered it at some point, but it just links the same NOAA article.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Skeith wrote: »

Yeah, what I called snow was probably that.

I think the actual term for it is graupel

Graupel is easier to crunch between your fingers, hail is harder.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    DessertedDesserted Dessert desertRegistered User regular
    it never ceases to amuse me how excited LA area people get for all forms of Sky Water, I know I'm a bit of a lightweight on Weather as well being in norcal, but c'mon they're having so much fun!

I'm a bit north of LA, but this is 100% me. I will stop what I'm doing and go look at and or play in the rain if we get some. I was at a conference in December and a pretty decent thunderstorm rolled through and started dumping a ton of rain. I had to walk out and go listen to it/see it because I am that weirdo that enjoys sky water.

This discussion has been closed.