As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Catastrophic shipping accident in Maryland

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    Let’s all just agree that like, next Saturday lunch until Sunday lunch we’re all gonna pretend a big boat got stuck. It’ll be sorta like renewing our wedding vows

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    I mean, knowing the Admiral Kuznetsov's track record, there's still time

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Tef wrote: »
    Let’s all just agree that like, next Saturday lunch until Sunday lunch we’re all gonna pretend a big boat got stuck. It’ll be sorta like renewing our wedding vows

I definitely know of some, uh, romance stories that involve someone getting their big boat stuck.

• Options
    Okay so it’s decided?

12pm MST this Saturday the big boat gets stuck for 24 hrs

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

I definitely know of some, uh, romance stories that involve someone getting their big boat stuck.

17tw2fr7eqw1.png

What are you doing step-excavator?!

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Okay so it’s decided?

Copy that, Control

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Well hot diggity dog, that’s good enough for me

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Okay so it’s decided?

Are we manifesting? We're manifesting.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Okay so it’s decided?

Are we manifesting? We're manifesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9qQ1kC8xWg

• Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    WOAH

THAT BOAT IS DEFINITELY GETTING STUCK

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    The USS Fat Ass living up to its name.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    how can such a big boat fit into such a tight canal??

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    I like big boats and I cannot lie

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    USS

FAT

ASS.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »

Lubrication can move mountains...

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    This one time I drove a warship through the Seuz and then later on I drove it back down. I vividly recall pulling a double watch because of the three helmsmen, the other two were violently sick, so I was drinking the blackest Egyptian coffee imaginable, so strong I was practically vibrating through space and time.

Anyways that’s my story.

• Options
    Before someone questions me about driving ships.

5i90rh3ji4ek.png

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular

We're moving a big boat, though.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »

We're moving a big boat, though.

Yeah but if you just move the land away either side, there you go.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    USS

FAT

ASS.

You cannot Use FAT ASS

You See a Large Boat. It is Stuck. Exits are South and East. What would you like to do?

_

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Open mailbox

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    USS

FAT

ASS.

You cannot Use FAT ASS

You See a Large Boat. It is Stuck. Exits are South and East. What would you like to do?

_

A lot of people forget that BoatStuck started on a forum

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Have they ever tried ramming a bigger boat into one of these stuck boats and see if that helps loosen it up?

They should do that. For science.

• Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    the shipping charts in boatstuck aren't as hard to understand but they are kinda dry.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Is there a genre of manifesting where a boat gets stuck in a canal and then another boat comes apon it and rams it from behind?

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Is there a genre of manifesting where a boat gets stuck in a canal and then another boat comes apon it and rams it from behind?

Whitewater rafting

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    This one time I drove a warship through the Seuz and then later on I drove it back down. I vividly recall pulling a double watch because of the three helmsmen, the other two were violently sick, so I was drinking the blackest Egyptian coffee imaginable, so strong I was practically vibrating through space and time.

Anyways that’s my story.

Were you Knurd

• Options

Anyways that’s my story.

Were you Knurd

Most people in the military go through prolonged periods of knurd, which reflects in their desire to become the opposite at the soonest available opportunity.

• Options
    Oghulk wrote: »

Whitewater rafting

It’s making me grumpy how accurate this is

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    Y'all rude summoning me like this pre-stuckboat manifestation

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    remember when it was stuck though?

• Options
    Ayo LMAOOOO @everyone

That big boat got stuck!!!!!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Ayo LMAOOOO @everyone

That big boat got stuck!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiWj1zZlRjQ

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Have they ever tried ramming a bigger boat into one of these stuck boats and see if that helps loosen it up?

They should do that. For science.

"Hey there it's Josh, welcome back to Let's Game It Out."

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Usagi wrote: »
    Y'all rude summoning me like this pre-stuckboat manifestation

We're trying to manifest outcomes! We're trying really hard to manifest!

• Options
    xnubtglz85r2.png

Lol

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

Whitewater rafting

It’s making me grumpy how accurate this is

Like 6 or 7 years ago I did a whitewater trip on the Arkansas with some friends. Class 2 stuff, very easy. Split between two boats. Dipshits in one boat, dipshits in the other.

Despite the guide's best attempts, boat one got stuck on a rock in the middle of the river. Our guide, seeing the opportunity, asked if we -- the dipshits of best boat -- were interested in "wreckin' some shit today" and I immediately yelled "charge"

We drove at them with enough force we not only rammed it straight over the rock but we successfully went over the rock ourselves as if we even needed water to move.

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I've only gone whitewater rafting once, I think it was also a nice easy class 2, and man it was an absolute blast. Been hankering to get back to it again someday ever since.

One of our group ended up falling in the river when we hit one of the few somewhat dicey patches. I was closest to her so I got to pull her in (and by some miracle remembered how to actually do it the way we were shown). Unfortunately, the sudden shift in weight after she was back onboard tilted the boat just enough that it dumped me in immediately after. And boy it's kind of amazing just how quickly you can lose track of where you are, what direction you're facing, etc.

I was never in any real danger but I was definitely more alert after that!

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Whitewater rafting is fucking awesome. There's a river in southwest PA named the Youghiogheny which has three tiers (well, four...actually now that I'm googling it's five now). Middle Yough is like...nothing. It's little kids get splashed and giggle. I'd say it only has one real rapid on the entire stretch. Upper Yough is what's referred to as "technical" which basically means the rapids are "move around rocks" instead of being from volume of water. Top Yough is short, doesn't run all the time, and when I was back over there it was mentioned as only being doable by guides/experienced people but now it looks like they do commercial trips. The fifth one is Ohiopyle falls which used to be illegal but now you can do it one weekend of the year which GODDAMN I want to do that.

ohiopyle-falls-pennsylvania-brendan-reals.jpg

Fuck yeah, that'd be fun to go over (there's a person for scale in that image).

Anyway, the Lower Yough is the most trafficked whitewater stretch east of the Mississippi. It's like this perfect stretch where it takes a good amount, it ramps in difficulty, and it's hard enough to be fun for experienced people but easy enough you can do it as a first-timer. I've done the lower yough SO MANY TIMES (bunch of camps I did in that area all went to it as a day trip, etc). There's a rapid on it called Dimple Rock which is responsible for capsizing more boats than any other on the east coast. If you hit dimple rock, your boat will flip. There's another rock named Pinball Rock. If you hit Pinball Rock, you'll hit Dimple Rock. God that shit's fun.

Anyway, if you're anywhere near the Pittsburgh...ish...area, it's a great intro place (and Ohiopyle State Park is a nice place to camp and is the put-in, and it's also got some great hiking and biking around there and also a natural waterslide place. Great weekend trip).

If you're out California way, American River is fun - all three forks are fine, but I like the Middle Fork the most. There's a spot where at one point they had used dynamite to redirect the river back and forth into a giant sluice to collect gold that was left behind in the riverbed, and the river currently goes through the sluice (and then through a tunnel afterward).

california-middle-fork-013.jpg

You basically position yourself then everyone has to pull their paddles up and hunker down and just react via moving mass in the raft. It's so great XD ....shit, this year's storms have probably shaken it up again so that thing's going to have a high percentage of capsizes until they figure out the routing again after all the rain this year. I'm gonna have to go again.

But anyway, yeah. Rafting is a wonderful time, and I highly recommend trying it out.
    If anyone wants suggestions on a Colorado River trip down the Grand Canyon, hit me up and I can give details on the trips I did

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    Oh yeah, in New Zealand you can find the highest commercially raftable waterfall in the world (or at least it WAS)

dpv7m12zf8oi.png

I'm the front left :V

Jragghen on