As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We'll never be free of [Twitter]'s wretched curse

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Progressive policies are broadly popular and going and talking to people works better than, let's see here... Deciding a state is no longer competitive and fleeing it like a sinking ship

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    I do think that if you have more books than you can store on your shelves, it is time to make the difficult but necessary journey to IKEA

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    What I want to know is what makes the Democratic Party of Florida different from say, the Democratic Party of Georgia, which has actually turned a state that was fairly solidly Republican into a real battleground state.

I think a lot of it comes to Atlanta growing so much. Georgia just stopped looking like what a deep red state looks like.

Wanna know why Georgia turned blue? It's because we now have a get out the vote network that is the envy of every state. We knock on doors and talk to neighbors for weeks then drive people to polling stations. And the shit stank ain't gone until we get rid of kemp and his cronies.

Yeah you guys have a good ground operation there

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Sometimes I open this thread and I am cheered up and sometimes I open it and only unbearable sadness awaits

Truly the most box of chocolates thread

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2023
    Georgia Republicans have also been running extremely bad senate candidates, which has for sure opened the door for Democrats to come in and challenge

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Progressive policies are broadly popular and going and talking to people works better than, let's see here... Deciding a state is no longer competitive and fleeing it like a sinking ship

The problem is that in some parts of the country, that means putting a target on yourself and your family and pouring months of time, effort and money into a forlorn hope/hail mary, all for the Greater Good. It's a big ask.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Yeah that's why the Democratic party should be investing in doing that, not just standing back and going "Well this is on you guys"

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Yeah that's why the Democratic party should be investing in doing that, not just standing back and going "Well this is on you guys"

Yeah like, the Georgia ground game was done independently of material support by the DNC, they were just happy to swoop in and take the credit for it after the fact.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Sometimes I open this thread and I am cheered up and sometimes I open it and only unbearable sadness awaits

Yeah, I'm just as bad as anyone else at having this be the secret politics thread, but sometimes it's reminding me why I rarely go to D&D anymore.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Apparently the original Disney district thing actually gave them the authority to build their own airport and even a nuclear power plant if they wanted to

I kind of wish Disney had built their own nuclear plant, that's hilarious

They could have built a Springfield Experience around it once they bought Fox

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »

Yeah, I'm just as bad as anyone else at having this be the secret politics thread, but sometimes it's reminding me why I rarely go to D&D anymore.

The nature of politics these days. :s
    (Or at least more visibly so.)

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Trump has already started lashing out at DeSantis, and it's pretty funny in a let them fight kinda way

But like no matter what happens there, the Democratic party are world champion class losers and I don't doubt their ability to fuck it up no matter who the GOP runs against them

Especially since it's 99% certain Biden is going to be running again despite him saying he wouldn't in the last election

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    Trump has already started lashing out at DeSantis, and it's pretty funny in a let them fight kinda way

But like no matter what happens there, the Democratic party are world champion class losers and I don't doubt their ability to fuck it up no matter who the GOP runs against them

Especially since it's 99% certain Biden is going to be running again despite him saying he wouldn't in the last election

He never said that himself.

The people around him implied it, but anytime he was directly asked he shot that down.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It’s depressing if you let it be depressing. What I mean by that is our society is currently structured such that it feels essentially hopeless to affect meaningful change. The reality though, is there’s a plethora of things you could do in your local area, this weekend that can start making a change. The beauty of it too is that along the way to having a meaningful impact, you are bettering the lives of yourselves and those around you.

I firmly believe are morally obligated to develop class consciousness and develop dual power. In terms of day to day stuff, that’s reading theory and working in amongst, or establishing as needs be, non-state backed aid groups.

I got linked up with a group that do ‘guerilla gardening’, where they take over a smallish area of unused public or private land, build a food garden, and hand it out to local folks who need it, then those needy folks come out some time in on the next season’s harvest. Sometimes they get kicked out, but most of the time they’re able to just shame people in letting them do what they’re doing, at least to the end of the season. Some of the local councils and farmers got on board with the idea and have organised more land. I know a big one in a lot of US cities at the moment is finding emergency housing for unhoused (particularly quiltbag) folks. My personal one of getting disadvantaged kids into the trades is still going full speed, and has put me in touch with lots of amazing groups.

I know what it’s like to feel angry, depressed and hopeless. What I’m proposing, I think it’s fair to say, saved my life.

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    I find that a lot bureaucratic problems are helped by learning to be a bureaucrat. Filling forms, writing applications, going to meetings, filing reports, getting approvals, things like that.

Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Holly Anderson hosted a podcast called Ground Game: Georgia and it surprisingly isn’t about SEC Football

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited February 2023

@Quantum Tiger @Jragghen

Have sleepy, lazy-day Mugi:

Oh to be like a Tanuki sleeping on a fluffy rug/blanket

you can hear him snore

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    The knowledge that Biden will more than likely run again is just so deeply depressing for so many reasons.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited February 2023
    The knowledge that Biden will more than likely run again is just so deeply depressing for so many reasons.

Barely even gonna get the formality of a primary

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    I do think that if you have more books than you can store on your shelves, it is time to make the difficult but necessary journey to IKEA

amet3p71uj63.png

Build a bookshelf out of books. Become ungovernable.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Quantum TigerQuantum Tiger Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Quantum Tiger Jragghen

Have sleepy, lazy-day Mugi:

Oh to be like a Tanuki sleeping on a fluffy rug/blanket

you can hear him snore

Fuck yes

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

amet3p71uj63.png

I would but I live in a state prone to quakes

• Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    That bookshelf looks like it has excellent earthquake resistance. It's probably fine.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I had a desk hutch type thing shelf constructed out of books for a while to get my monitors up to a more comfortable height before I got around to mounting them on arms.

Then after I was all proud of myself for getting rid of that and tidying up my workspace I realized that in the intermediate time I'd filled up the spots on my bookshelves where I'd grabbed all those from originally, so I ended up with less space than I started with.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

amet3p71uj63.png

Build the whole house out of books

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    That bookshelf looks like it has excellent earthquake resistance. It's probably fine.

Yeah! It's got plenty of spines to stiffen it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    To me that triggers my clutter response super hard. I just want to organize

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited February 2023

amet3p71uj63.png

Reminds me of the Sacramento Airport luggage columns.

JWNeLGll.jpeg

e: actually made out of refurbished luggage.

http://www.metaphorm.org/artworks/samson/

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ProlegomenaProlegomena Frictionless Spinning The VoidRegistered User regular
    JWNeLGll.jpeg

they look very pleased with themselves

• Options
    Hey secret politics thread, PSA:

Costco has Nintendo eShop $50 gift cards for $40 until the 3rd (limit 2, I think?)

And you can use them to buy Game Vouchers if you've got Nintendo's online service: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/nintendo-switch-game-vouchers/

So you can get Tears of the Kingdom for $40, and another game for $40.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I had a desk hutch type thing shelf constructed out of books for a while to get my monitors up to a more comfortable height before I got around to mounting them on arms.

Then after I was all proud of myself for getting rid of that and tidying up my workspace I realized that in the intermediate time I'd filled up the spots on my bookshelves where I'd grabbed all those from originally, so I ended up with less space than I started with.

I used approximately seven hundred dollars of college textbooks as a little monitor rise for like a decade. Easily the most valuable use of those books.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    To me that triggers my clutter response super hard. I just want to organize

Your clutter response is different from mine

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

Costco has Nintendo eShop $50 gift cards for $40 until the 3rd (limit 2, I think?)

And you can use them to buy Game Vouchers if you've got Nintendo's online service: https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/nintendo-switch-game-vouchers/

I do this all the time with Costco gift cards of various stripes - it's a great way to save money.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

Wonder if Fantasy Life will be on that voucher

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    At this point I think everything that's going to be added to this round of Game Voucher has been added

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    In more Florida news the Republicans appear to be working on a bill to disband the Florida Democrats. It's called "The Ultimate Cancel" bill and it bans any political party that has ever supported slavery.

Don't bother pointing out the irony they don't care.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Majority of Florida supports a party literally demanding one party rule. Yep things are going great in merica.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    JayKaos wrote: »

I used approximately seven hundred dollars of college textbooks as a little monitor rise for like a decade. Easily the most valuable use of those books.

It only took 2 books?

• Options
    edited March 2023
    In more Florida news the Republicans appear to be working on a bill to disband the Florida Democrats. It's called "The Ultimate Cancel" bill and it bans any political party that has ever supported slavery.

Don't you mean "states rights"? :\

(Also just straight up pretending that the Southern Strategy, aka the great party-swap of all the racist fuck Dixiecrats, didn't happen.)

Don't bother pointing out the irony they don't care.

oh, never mind then.

[internal screaming]

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Its one of those stupid "oh who looks like a hypocrite now" gotcha shitshows, not an actual effort.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.