As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can't Ignore Poster with Private Profile

Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
For reasons of my own, I wish to ignore a particular poster. Unfortunately, because this poster has set their profile to private, I cannot reach a screen with an Ignore button. In addition to my issue(s) with this poster, this strikes me as a potentially exploitable limitation of the forum.

Please advise with recommended action(s).

Commander Zoom on

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    There is also a hard limit on the number of ignores you get, I believe it is 5. Could that be the problem?

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    No, this would be my first ever. The problem is that I don't see a way to ignore a poster other than by going to their profile, which I can't in this case.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    You can go to your own profile, click the cogwheel button then open Preferences (top right, person icon), and select Ignore List from the left menus to enter names in manually. I've never used it, but that seems the best option to get around the private profile.

Madican on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    You can go to your own profile, click the cogwheel button then open Preferences (top right, person icon), and select Ignore List from the left menus to enter names in manually. I've never used it, but that seems the best option to get around the private profile.

Worked like a charm, thanks!