As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    How long would you guess it takes a pro to get from Bronze 10 to Legend these days? A day or two?

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    How long would you guess it takes a pro to get from Bronze 10 to Legend these days? A day or two?
    The big streamers usually hit legend in the first day or two, yeah. But that's with an 11-star bonus.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »
    The big streamers usually hit legend in the first day or two, yeah. But that's with an 11-star bonus.

If playing a meta/top deck, then I can usually hit legend in less than a week. So I assume a top pro can do it in a day or two.

My ability to play a lower curve deck and still draw all my high cards early is unmatched.

My ability to play a lower curve deck and still draw all my high cards early is unmatched.

My super power is every enemy Druid I face gets Guff in hand by Turn 5. It's uncanny.

edited March 2023
    Good/bad news depending on how you felt about them last time! Battlegrounds are getting buddies again for a while starting next week.

Note that they're getting rid of the meter filling and you obtain them a somewhat different way:
    The Buddy Meter will be going away and there will be a “Buddy Button” in its place that you can press to get your Buddy immediately. The initial cost to get your Buddy will be based on your Buddy’s Tavern Tier. Buddies are having their Tavern Tiers reworked, so now there can be Buddies of Tavern Tiers 1-6. The cost to buy a Tavern Tier 1 Buddy will start at 11 Gold and the cost to buy a Tavern Tier 6 Buddy will start at 21. The cost will then reduce by (3) for each won or tied combat, or reduce by (2) for each lost combat.

Like with the previous Buddy Meter, the Buddy Button can be activated up to twice per game. The first time you press the Button, you’ll get one copy of your Buddy and the second time you press the Button you’ll get two copies. The cost to press the Button resets and is slightly increased after you press it the first time. That lets you plan ahead and choose when is the right time and value for your Buddy (or Buddies) to join your warband!
    I think this sounds better? The meter had issues: you lost out on a good chunk of % if you faced an early ghost or someone light on minions, the progression/capping was a bit opaque. This is at least a lot more straightforward and understandable.

forty on
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    The bg meta is currently very tempo heavy, in my experience. The buddies with the new system will probably shift it even more towards tempo? We'll have to see.

Also interesting to see the new buddies for the heroes added in the mean time.

Woo! It took 20 tries but I finally beat someone with the Rivendare Riders today.

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Should have a content announcement within the next week

For now, I sleep

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I've now played three death knights who blew their Obliterates and/or Death Strikes on 2/2s within the first 3-4 turns of the game.

This seemed like a really bad idea at the time

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Copying a deck off the internet doesn't mean you immediately have the skills and instincts to use it correctly.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Streaked all the way from Silver 5 to Platinum 10 using a pure silver hand paladin. It's been really good against all the Death Knights and Druids I've been seeing. I don't have the stats, but those two classes made up at least 60% of my games. I don't think I ever saw any Rogues, Shaman, or Priests that entire time.
    ### MetaStats - Silver Hand
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
    # 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
    # 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
    # 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
    # 2x (2) Order in the Court
    # 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
    # 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
    # 2x (3) Bronze Explorer
    # 2x (3) Seal of Blood
    # 2x (3) Warhorse Trainer
    # 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
    # 2x (4) Dun Baldar Bridge
    # 2x (4) Stand Against Darkness
    # 1x (7) The Countess
    # 2x (9) Lightray
    #
    AAECAYsWAobiBISWBQ7w9gPHoATJoATKoATnuATi0wTa2QS/4gTA4gTM4gTy7QSBlgWDlgWRpAUA
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Not seeing Shamans is no surprise. Evolve Shaman got annihilated, and although I think Murloc Shaman is still probably playable, it's an old, boring deck that probably has little interest at this point. Undead Priest is the new hotness though, so you're likely to run into that if you try to run up to Diamond.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23921497

The next expansion is Festival of Legends, a music festival/battle of the bands themed expansion

Keywords:
    Finale: Card has a bonus effect if you spend your last mana for the turn on it
    Harmonic: Spells that swap between Harmonic and Dissonant modes each turn they're in your hand (think like the worgen from Witchwood)
    Soloists: A series of minions that have an effect if you play them while you have no other minions in play
    Instruments: A weapon for each class. "Some of these weapons have Deathrattle effects that improve while the weapon’s in play."
    Legendaries: Each class gets a legendary representing their star musician, and a legendary spell representing their most popular song
    Overheal: A permanent, new keyword for Priest cards. Overheal minions trigger an effect when healed above their max HP

liEt3nH.png
    Oh no, an event choice quest! I don't like decisions.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    kjhfdvk2sjlq.png

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    Blizzard decided that there would be no more funny business with Test Subject and completely killed the card.

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    I'm loving this idea and I hope it takes off.

TwQupQC.png

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Why have they still not fixed the Souleater's Scythe bug when playing Whizbang decks? I realize Whizbang is many expansions back, but I love playing him to complete random quests.

• sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    I'm loving this idea and I hope it takes off.

TwQupQC.png

More tutoring makes combo more consistent. Druid can run multiple OTK now that are disruption resistant.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Well that's basically a sideboard right? It's not exactly tutoring if you have to find a legendary first in order to get a specific card (unless this lets you run 3 of something or 2 legendaries? That might matter)

But now everybody can tech for multiple things without having to actually run those cards if they can survive playing a 4 mana 4/4

• übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    So.....outside of trying to max out all my mercs, I think I might be done with ranked. I always wanted to hit legend at least once, but everytime I try there's that one deck of ridiculous uncounterable bs that makes me stop. I still haven't got my 5 wins for the cardback, I still have 2 to go. Somehow all the way down in bronze there's a Guff druid that I almost killed 3 times just for him to get the cards he need to give himself 16 damage and hit me in the face. Next expansion there's the combo above that will give them 11 mana upfront, because they still haven't learned from how hated that mechanic is.

Is it odd I only seem to care about the stuff like adventures and mercs and other story content that isn't in any way involved with playing the actual main game anymore?

camo_sig.png
    Part of the problem with ladder is the opaque hidden MMR matchmaking. You might be in bronze, but you aren't necessarily being matched against bronze rank opponents.

Team 5 seemed to forget that Scabbs is ridiculous in Buddy meta.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I really can't say I like what Chronormu has done to battlegrounds. Every game I play I see a Chronormu with 200/200 stats and basically no way to deal with it at that point besides hoping your game has poison and/or Leeroy manages to kill it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW24HQ0dMRM

Rogue getting plenty of disgusting new toys which they sorely needed because they've been down . . . wait . . . no, the opposite of that.

edited March 2023
    That Breakdance reveal (and Bounce Around) is at least confirmation that Shadowstep is rotating out of Core.

forty on
    I am sick to fucking death of Thief Rogue bullshit every time I face one. It's always perfect draws and insane ass pulls.

I am sick to fucking death of Thief Rogue bullshit every time I face one. It's always perfect draws and insane ass pulls.

Had a game earlier Vs a thief rogue where I just switched the damned client off and walked away

They got mida pure light, the priest colossal with the lure, freezing trap and ice trap, and kept shadowstepping tess

Like ok bud have fun with your win

That Breakdance reveal (and Bounce Around) is at least confirmation that Shadowstep is rotating out of Core.

I have some very, very bad news for you now that Core rotations have been released . . .

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Finally managed my goal of all female hero portraits. Rocker Rokara covered the last hero (warrior).

The favorites:

Death Knight: Scarlet
    Demon Hunter: Aranna (regular)
    Druid: Lunara (regular)
    Hunter: Sylvanas (regular)
    Mage: Jaina (regular and fire)
    Paladin: Liadrin (regular)
    Priest: Tyrande (regular and banshee)
    Rogue: Maiev (regular), Valeera (nightslayer, deathmantle)
    Shaman: Vashj (baroness)
    Warlock: Nemsy (regular)
    Warrior: Rokara (rocker)

I do find it interesting that 7 of 10 (8/10 if you count Vashj) is an elf.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    The Judge wrote: »

I have some very, very bad news for you now that Core rotations have been released . . .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1uTsqJVAeo

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Hanar is coming back! Wooo!

Oh cool, they're evergreening the best keyword of 2021 (Tradeable).

Donnicton wrote: »
    I really can't say I like what Chronormu has done to battlegrounds. Every game I play I see a Chronormu with 200/200 stats and basically no way to deal with it at that point besides hoping your game has poison and/or Leeroy manages to kill it.
    Good news, friend!
    Chronormu has been removed from the minion pool.

d0dsmox57r3l.png

Those threads are styling.

I’ll be curious to see if Zilliax sees play. Back then he was in basically every deck.

That's because he is unity, precision, and perfection

I think he'll be a solid 30th card in a number of decks, but probably not as ubiquitous as he was back then, unless we get a mech heavy expansion this year.