As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo] early access has ended :(, and so shall this thread

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    My Queue was sub a minute when I played earlier, looks like they are either getting a handle on it, or people have played all the demo they want. These are the only two options.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    I have noticed that I get bored with the game. It is kind of the same old thing.

It does have the interesting thing of Lilith manipulating people to her side.

I am already starting to get legendary stuff.

Krathoon on
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    I had some extreme stutter running High at 4k res with a 3080. I just turned it down to Medium and its been fine. I figure for actual release we might get new NVidia drivers and tweaks specifically for it and I'm not gonna mess around now with optimizing anything.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    My Queue was sub a minute when I played earlier, looks like they are either getting a handle on it, or people have played all the demo they want. These are the only two options.

I for one can say that I'm putting the game down now until release so I don't wipe out the zone and then not want to play come release. There are a number of several quests deep quest chains I had to pause for now because they're so ongoing that if I did them I am not going to want them again.

It is pretty much a super sized Diablo. Maybe too much Diablo.

• ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Krieghund wrote: »
    What do the skill trees look like? I saw a playthrough on a Barbarian and that shit looked crazy complicated. Like D2 with mastery points.

As someone mentioned, over than toning down the whizbangery of the spells in D3, it kinda feels just like that: you invest points to progress along the skill tree with skills and passives spoked off in tiers. Each spell has a passive and one upgrade you can choose for each. You don't need to spend a point at each spoke, just need to invest in the tree to unlock the remaining tiers (which is really all this is).

A lot of spells are back from D3, they just look a lot sicker, which is why I'm really excited for what they do for the classes not in the game yet (can't see Demon Hunter coming in as Rogue feels really similar to how that class played, but definitely Crusader and Witchdoctor have to be coming down the pike, though I would wager Witchdoctor gets a rename).

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
    edited March 2023
    I think the new ESO expansion may get my money over this game. There is a Deluxe version that contains all the major chapters. You get more bang for your buck.

I may also get Grim Dawn. It is $25 now with all the expansions.

Krathoon on
  • IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Having a ton of fun playing the beta with my son though. It really feels a lot more like Diablo 1 in a lot of ways but looking great along with all the modern conveniances.
    image.png?width=400&height=700
    Barbarian was feeling a bit lackluster at first then I got this legendary amulet which kinda opened things up.

Also I really love these boots for the movement speed burst:
    image.png?width=500&height=700

Also got this other legendary
    image.png?width=400&height=700

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    The skill upgrade restrictions aren't currently working, so go ahead and grab multiple if you want. Barrage with guaranteed ricochet against vulnerable and every third cast inflicts vulnerable? Yes please

Edit: nm, the ends of the Y are mutually exclusive and you have to take the first one to access either of those nodes

Carpy on
  • chemicalkbchemicalkb West Coast, USARegistered User regular
    Requested an invite for the clan.

Enjoying everything so far but I'm only at the beginning with a sorcerer at level 5.

For me it's definitely what I was looking for and I will keep my preorder. I love the gameplay of D3 but I always felt disconnected because of how late I got to it by starting on console.
    Having a fresh Diablo that also looks amazing on a Series X is a great experience for me, even in beta.

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    The Barb weapon system is interesting. You just equip all the weapon types at once, and choose which skill uses which weapon, and it just swaps them instantly and automatically. On one hand it's cool that you get to mix and match, so say your generator is dual wield Frenzy and your spender is 2H Hammer of the Ancients. On the other hand, it normalizes the weapon types so much that they all feel the same. Dual wielding just hits with both weapons at once at the normal attack speed. Your "Fast" dual wielding weapons are 0.9 attacks per second, and your "Slow" 2Hers are 1.1 attacks per second. Barbs can't use shields. The main difference in flavor is that some skill are exclusive to certain weapon types.

It's not a major complaint, just an odd system. It does add some depth where you're going to have different stats/effects on different weapons and are choosing them per skill based on that. I don't think the off-weapons are stat sticks, your equipped weapon is the one you used most recently.

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Accepted every clan request I saw a bit ago. Look in your clan menu to accept!

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Anybody playing it on PC with a controller? Specifically a series X (or whatever the newest controllers are)? Does it work fine?

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    webguy20 wrote: »
    Anybody playing it on PC with a controller? Specifically a series X (or whatever the newest controllers are)? Does it work fine?

I futzed around with my Series X controller a little earlier today on PC. It seems fine. I probably wont use it over KBAM, but I didn't have any issues. It was seamless.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Got to 25 on a barbarian, mostly fun though the side dungeons are very samey after a while

Overall its like a neat halfway point between diablo 3 and lost arc, lots of side content all over and tons of progess bars being filled in the background and occasionally popping up updates that I only kind of understood the cause of

Combat sometimes felt slow as hell but maybe I just wasnt being diligent with my gear or was too infocused with my skills

The skill tree was fine but already I very firmly feel that the respecs should just be free, even a trivial gold cost is dumb

2x39jD4.jpg
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    I totally get where @Lucascraft is coming from about seeing other players. Had the unfortunate experience of running into a mage named ChinaVirus several times last night.

This part really sucks and that kind of user can absolutely get fucked, but, luckily everything else I'm seeing from people sounds really good! For this I'm just waiting for the release date so I can dig into the game finished as I please (and not burn out in advance, though I doubt that would be possible), but this and Tears of the Kingdom are easily my two most anticipated games for this year.

NNID: Rehab0
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    Butcher murdered me again today. That's precisely why I'll never play hardcore lol

forty wrote: »
    I was able to play just until hitting Kyovashad, where I picked up a waypoint and saw that apparently there was a waypoint back in the first little town area with the chapel? I tried running back there to where it looked like there was supposed to be a waypoint, but nothing was clickable. It kind of looked like it was snow covered but hard to tell since the visuals are so blendy in this. Did I miss something or what?

Sometimes you have to log out and back in.

Hit 20 with the Rogue. Love the game and I'm super excited for the release in June... Not sure I can wait that long.

edited March 2023
    I had a side dungeon that was a little too damn big. Also, what is the deal with not having an exit to the dungeon right after beating a boss? I had it on the prologue dungeon.

Also, the game does not save your town portal when you quit. They should do that.

Krathoon on
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Krathoon wrote: »
    I had a side dungeon that was a little too damn big. Also, what is the deal with not having an exit to the dungeon right after beating a boss? I had it on the prologue dungeon.

Also, the game does not save your town portal when you quit. They should do that.

Open the map inside and click the dungeon entrance. Lets you port out.

Xeddicus on
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »

Open the map inside and click the dungeon entrance. Lets you port out.

God. That pisses me off. Way to not make it obvious.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You can also leave via the emote wheel I think

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    You can also leave via the emote wheel I think

Yeah I noticed that when setting up my emote bar and I was like "doooohhhh"

Tried the barb, feels better than the other two for my play style. Plus you get to swing away like you're joaquin. Only downside the butcher apparently loves to find my ass and has killed me like 4 times.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    So The Butcher randomly showed up in a dungeon I was clearing out and I was able to do maybe an 8th of his life before I had to run and kite him because he hit like a truck. Eventually while I was running he suddenly melted and disappeared. Do his appearances have a cooldown and you have to kill him before it runs out or else he leaves?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hit level 20, so I guess I'm done! I didn't do any story quests after Kyovashad and just explored and did side quests & dungeons. Gonna wait for the full release to go any further. Here's my Rogue:
    m89cwgiae41o.jpg

Overall Rogue feels pretty good. I thought the marksman skills were lackluster, and I was hoping for something more Amazon like with the combination of everything. I guess if I can get an enchantment that makes my imbuement stay on permanently or trigger itself that would be good. So for the last few levels I experimented with a couple different things and ended up getting this enchantment that made Flurry a full circle which was really fun. So I did throwing daggers, dash, and flurry combo and then just increased attack speed, life on hit, and damage on physical/vulnerable enemies. Stuff seemed to melt pretty quick then and it felt a lot more fun to zip around instead of kite and lure. I think there's a decent build somewhere here, just need some refinements to make it pop more.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man some of these boss fights on the harder difficulty are just... kind of aggravating heh. Coming from someone who just got done with all the souls proper games heh. I made 20 on barb and im looking at others gear and mine is so much more shit compared to what others are getting heh. And I was running on harder difficulty heh.

Barb will most likely be really fun. But holding out for Druid who will probably be my first main. Barb you can build so many different ways with just the basics. Most things felt great but near the end there the mobs felt a little to much on the dodge out of stuff ability. Just dodging my stomps which neuters the dmg of what that build was supposed to do heh. Swapped to bleed tank build after that and it was fun. Will be interesting to see how it progresses into paragons and mid/end game legos.

Oh yeah. That first boss fight on Act I is a pain. They throw everything and the kitchen sink at you. I hate boss fights that do that.

• KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Hit 25 as a Fire Sorc with the Legendary Amulet that gives me another Hydra. Hydra OP

Met up with the Butcher and managed to kill him thanks to 2 dashes and a barrier every 30 seconds. Ran around back and forth while the Hydras did all the work

• ThisThis Registered User regular
    So theoretically, could I pre-purchase this to play now, then cancel the pre-order?

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'm kinda tempted to grab Diablo 2 Resurrected to get into the series before 4.

I have 3, but never got into it. I grabbed it at launch, but the rocky launch and my terrible internet back then saw me off playing it. And then I just never really picked it up.

I'd play 3, but if I'm going to do this, I want to go from as early in the series as I can first, and I don't have the nostalgia for Diablo 1's visuals driving me.

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    This wrote: »
    So theoretically, could I pre-purchase this to play now, then cancel the pre-order?

Yeah but the weekend beta ends tomorrow. And you dont need preorder for open beta next weekend

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
    I'm at level 14 with my sorcerer and I have 4 legendaries already. I can't tell if the game is being generous or if I'm getting lucky.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Played to the first city as a Sorc and it was pretty fun! Using a controller with her was wayyy better than mouse and keyboard. This will def be a controller game.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    I would love to have a gem pouch/gem tab in the inventory and the stash.

D3 did that really good, but no, now we have to waste space again with those gems.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Hit 25 as a Fire Sorc with the Legendary Amulet that gives me another Hydra. Hydra OP

Met up with the Butcher and managed to kill him thanks to 2 dashes and a barrier every 30 seconds. Ran around back and forth while the Hydras did all the work
    I need that amulet NOW! :wink:

I think the legendary aspect of “hitting an Elite gives you a barrier; trigger once every 30 seconds” is a must have, because it has saved me so many times (Bosses are considered Elites too) during boss fights.

So yeah, I like the concepts of completing dungeons to get aspects in the Codex of Power (but that gives you the lowest roll) but stripping it from a legendary gives you a better roll.

@KoopahTroopah , how did you manage to get your min-max values of the stats of your items visible?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
    I found a silent chest but didn't have any of the keys. I town portal and buy a key but when I portal back the chest is a normal one.
    Anyone else run into this?

• TarantioTarantio Registered User regular
    I actually got this running on a GTX 770. I had to manually download a driver update, but it works.

Has anyone gotten the game to work on a Steam Deck? They're on sale, and most of the time I have to play games is on my bus commute.

edited March 2023
    I imagine I'll fail this world boss attempt as well because too many low levels are here. Probably be an actual problem in retail as well if world events aren't level locked.

Edit: woo just had to whine got it last boss of this beta. Dropped like 5 legendaries.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    I don't know wtf is the deal, but both last night and tonight, when it's really late in the US, the game becomes functionally unplayably laggy.

Like huge 20+ second chunks of nothing happening, then everything happening at once.

But during what would be daytime when more people are likely playing, while there's some lag, it is perfectly playable.

I have no idea why, but it's really stupid and I hope not indicative of what to expect. I know it's not my connection because everything else is fine. Any other game, streaming, whatever, no problems.

It's like they flip a switch when the US goes to bed and assume no one will be playing so the 56.6k modem will do the trick.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand