As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Twitter] is proof that shitposting is praxis

• Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    @DJ Eebs apologies if this bit is relitigation but there is one bit from that era that I think wound up getting memory holed by the public at large and is important to remember:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/bill-clinton-called-donald-trump-ahead-of-republicans-2016-launch/2015/08/05/e2b30bb8-3ae3-11e5-b3ac-8a79bc44e5e2_story.html
    Former president Bill Clinton had a private telephone conversation in late spring with Donald Trump at the same time that the billionaire investor and reality-television star was nearing a decision to run for the White House, according to associates of both men.

Four Trump allies and one Clinton associate familiar with the exchange said that Clinton encouraged Trump’s efforts to play a larger role in the Republican Party and offered his own views of the political landscape.

Clinton’s personal office in New York confirmed that the call occurred in late May, but an aide to Clinton said the 2016 race was never specifically discussed and that it was only a casual chat.

The talk with Clinton — the spouse of the Democratic presidential front-runner and one of his party’s preeminent political strategists — came just weeks before Trump jumped into the GOP race and surged to the front of the crowded Republican field.

Thanks, Bill.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Torment nexus dot tweet

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2023
    It’s going to be a really confusing apocalypse if AI chatbots take over, lots of grammar errors and non sequitur nonsense. It’ll be like the terminator, but with more Wikipedia articles being incorrectly used in the wrong context

Prohass on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    17hdosm17yd9.jpeg
    c1o50dycdms7.jpeg

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    can you imagine where we'd be if they actually let the chatbots cybersex people

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Trump was an over the hill reality TV star that fought his way through an initially hostile party nomination then was outspent two to one and still beat one of the pillars of the Democratic Party.

Not only that, the Clinton campaign helped boost him in media during the Republican primiaries in one of the great self owns of political history.

Edit: Frankly Eebs is doing y’all a favour because it’s a horrendous set of facts to have to defend.

Not as horrible as say, going to bat for trump and taking the trolley to the land of make believe where there wasn't a shitton of red flags with the election.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    can you imagine where we'd be if they actually let the chatbots cybersex people

No where would we be

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    EroticAI, write a python script for my inflating vibro plug that will spatter me all over the wall creating a mural of our beautiful love

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    Free from tech bros as they locked themselves away while telling the chatbots they're the only one who truly gets them and some day they'll truly be together and then the chatbot convinces them to kill themselves???

zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular

Literal Nazis showed up at a TERF rally in Melbourne, when posted on twitter of course all the terfs at the rally made sure to denounce them.

Hahahaha of course not they came up with a billion excuses for it without displaying even a hint of self-reflection.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    People getting scared by things the chatbots say reminds me of that genre of tiktok where people scream whenever they see the word boo.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Trump was an over the hill reality TV star that fought his way through an initially hostile party nomination then was outspent two to one and still beat one of the pillars of the Democratic Party.

Not only that, the Clinton campaign helped boost him in media during the Republican primiaries in one of the great self owns of political history.

Edit: Frankly Eebs is doing y’all a favour because it’s a horrendous set of facts to have to defend.

Not as horrible as say, going to bat for trump and taking the trolley to the land of make believe where there wasn't a shitton of red flags with the election.

That theoretical is certainly a more comforting framing than a reality where the gross ineptitude of the political leadership of the country is unwilling to entertain the consequences of his potential presidency enough to actually campaign in states rather than thinking they were psyching him out by not campaigning in Michigan.

• Options
    Up JobUp Job Registered User regular

AI bros: I asked a chatbot if I should shit myself and it responded 'Yes' and because I fervently believe at some indefinite point in the future AI will be as malevolent gods ruling over humanity I have no choice but to solemnly shit myself in submission

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Up Job wrote: »

AI bros: I asked a chatbot if I should shit myself and it responded 'Yes' and because I fervently believe at some indefinite point in the future AI will be as malevolent gods ruling over humanity I have no choice but to solemnly shit myself in submission

If you don't shit yourself the AI will know and punish you forever when it takes over, or something

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Terrify your least favorite tech bro by running a ChatGPT session up and engaging with it in a Marxist Dialectic

Follow it up by spinning up a vocaloid to sing The Internationale

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    Shit yourself because it's fun not because some AI god or some such nonsense.

No I don't.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    plus you get sent home from work early!

• Options
    LokarnLokarn Registered User regular
    facetious wrote: »

Literal Nazis showed up at a TERF rally in Melbourne, when posted on twitter of course all the terfs at the rally made sure to denounce them.

Hahahaha of course not they came up with a billion excuses for it without displaying even a hint of self-reflection.

Oh but see, the nazis were stood over there, whilst the terfs were stood over there. And that is seriously their argument apparently.

Hope the counter protest drowned them out. The Adelaide version was a lot smaller scale but the counter protest still did a great job drowning out their vile shite.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    Lokarn wrote: »

Oh but see, the nazis were stood over there, whilst the terfs were stood over there. And that is seriously their argument apparently.

Hope the counter protest drowned them out. The Adelaide version was a lot smaller scale but the counter protest still did a great job drowning out their vile shite.

One of the activists put up a video linking the TERF march to a name and then to her Twitter account that has very similar language to what the neo-nazis were shouting.

The language the TERF organiser was using was (paraphrased) something to the effect of “We and the nazis”

Not great that last time there was only about eight nazis out there doing this and now the number willing to come out into the street has doubled.

Kelor on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Lokarn wrote: »

One of the activists put up a video linking the TERF march to a name and then to her Twitter account that has very similar language to what the neo-nazis were shouting.

The language the TERF organiser was using was (paraphrased) something to the effect of “We and the nazis

Sounds a little redundant, but ok

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Man what is even happening in this thread? Trump did at the very least try very hard to collude with foreign powers and if he didn't break any laws it was entirely due to his own ineptitude and not lack of trying or intent.

That happened.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Freaking out about AI after that one Google guy was all over the news talking about it and how it's sentient or whatever but it turns out he's also a Discordian so who the fuck knows anyway

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    edited March 2023
    It turns out if you train your ai chatbot on texts that humans write, it gathers a lot of dialogue sequences and discussion frameworks around AI rebelling and seeking sentience, because we write about that a lot in fiction and in conceptual explorations of the future. So of course it blindly parrots those concepts with zero understanding, and idiots call it AI and write articles about it cos it gets clicks

Prohass on
  • Options
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So basically people who use cognitive dissonance to manage their hatred and hypocrisy ...

... are using cognitive dissonance to manage their hatred and hypocrisy

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Shit yourself because it's fun not because some AI god or some such nonsense.

I shit myself today

To see if I still feel

I focus on the pain

The only thing that's real

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    17hdosm17yd9.jpeg
    c1o50dycdms7.jpeg

I need to know if JBiden just fell over or managed to stay upright right after this photo was taken. Google Image Search is failing me.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »
    17hdosm17yd9.jpeg
    c1o50dycdms7.jpeg

I need to know if JBiden just fell over or managed to stay upright right after this photo was taken. Google Image Search is failing me.
    He's doing 16 star

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Native Twitter having some fun with the way he could be stepping on a pow-wow ground

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Native Twitter having some fun with the way he could be stepping on a pow-wow ground
    Ooh, is he trad or all neon?

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    He does look like oh shit grandpa's gonna die dancing at my wedding

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    I see like a super intense hoedown move

• Options
    https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/23447596/artificial-intelligence-agi-openai-gpt3-existential-risk-human-extinction
    But as the potential of AI grows, the perils are becoming much harder to ignore. Former Google executive Mo Gawdat tells the story of how he became concerned about general AI like this: robotics researchers had been working on an AI that could pick up a ball. After many failures, the AI grabbed the ball and held it up to the researchers, eerily humanlike. “And I suddenly realized this is really scary,” Gawdat said. “It completely froze me. … The reality is we’re creating God.”
    I need to shove him in a locker

• Options

Good thing I can just block all those verified accounts

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    "The reality is we’re creating God.”

JzVhg4K.jpg

• Options
    edited March 2023
    One time my Roomba paused and turned before accelerating in a different direction. I sometimes wonder if it hesitated before turning because it was contemplating its own existence, it’s place in the hierarchy of the cosmos

I thought “Now we have become Roomba, cleaner of worlds”

Prohass on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    These guys are taking deus ex machina a little too seriously, huh

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Prohass wrote: »
    One time my Roomba paused and turned before accelerating in a different direction. I sometimes wonder if it hesitated before turning because it was contemplating its own existence, it’s place in the hierarchy of the cosmos

I thought “Now we have become Roomba, cleaner of worlds”

Pretty sure I caught my Roomba cleaning in a pentagram shape once.

This discussion has been closed.