As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    forty wrote: »
    I think he'll be a solid 30th card in a number of decks, but probably not as ubiquitous as he was back then, unless we get a mech heavy expansion this year.

That’s kinda where I’ve landed as well. I can see him getting pushed out as the year progresses as well.

Edit - but to your point, if we do get a mech expansion (which seems like a good bet) then yeah he’ll likely be a key piece for a lot of decks.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    The upcoming deck will be full of mechs because how else are you going to go UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ with their concert theme?

I played against a Pirate Warrior today. That was a blast from the past. (They won.)

• BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    It's funny how they had to move consecration to 3 mana because remorseless winter was literally 'consecration, but better' (this has been a theme with a lot of DK cards)

Beasteh on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Well, Consecration doesn't have a rune requirement.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    you have to use the Paladin rune

liEt3nH.png
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I’m not usually one of those people that goes “clearly Team 5 hate class X”, everyone gets fun expansions and time in the sun, eventually.

That said, after seeing Druid’s most recent reveals, it’s hard to argue that Warrior isn’t the bastard child being kept in the shed.

druid having the utterly ridiculous 1 and 2 drops that permanently upgrade your hero power's health/armor as both battlecry and deathrattle effects

im sure thats not going to be degenerately broken at all, no sir

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    ronzo wrote: »
    it’s hard to argue that Warrior isn’t the bastard child being kept in the shed.

0m2mqmpw5si2.png

Stuff like this doesn't help the defense, no.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Warrior basically got worse versions of the DH relics, except they didn’t get the location OR the legendary tie-in.

New Warrior Legendary: Rock Master Voone
    4 mana 4/3, Battlecry: Copy a minion of each type in your hand.

So, menagerie warrior?

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    It's like, they definitely got the memo about Warrior to finally become a crowdpleaser, but...

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I guess warrior needs a card like this:
    TDL-EXP-22_Green_Doesn-t_Suck_Now-_Dammit-_LARGE.png

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I love Phil Foglio.

edited March 2023
    I am sick to fucking death of Thief Rogue bullshit every time I face one. It's always perfect draws and insane ass pulls.
    On the awful slog to dad legend and this is an evergreen post.

w9vg2mrkvlcx.png

forty on
    It's weird how that inverts the closer you get to legend because I'm finishing up just short of Diamond (Plat-2, but had no extra assist from a Feb finish) and I've hit more DK than Rogue by a metric ton.

Highest rank in Standard in a long time. Pure Paladin can get some work done

Probably 2/3 of my games were against either DK or Rogue.

edited April 2023
    Arena at this point is 'my mage opponent drafted removal that also discovers/generates a fat body and has multiple rune of the archmage/drakefire amulets, guess I lose'

They can pull bullshit out of their ass and just flip boards/generate massive boards and endless value themselves and no other class really comes close apart from maybe paladin/fast aggro druid or a priest that drafts all the thief cards

Beasteh on
    edited April 2023
    Patch tomorrow. The main thing to note is the now annual tradition of reverting some of the nerfs on rotating cards, so the next week until the rotation will be the wild west of some of the broken shit you hated to face or loved to play making a sudden reappearance.

Edit: Warrior fixed forever btw:
    zzl4rnwlme4w.png

forty on
    Been checking out cards from the next expansion...

ny50guqdkcqz.png
    This is a great name and potentially decent spell.

n6x4qnmvtush.png
    We knew there was going to be something to pseudo-replace Guff due to the existence of that 11 Manathirst Druid card, but I hadn't seen what that was until now. Interesting that it's a neutral option, although it's hard to imagine it seeing much play. And the second one played is just a River Crocolisk.

pwi4ppggzt63.png
    Damn, Brightwing got power creeped like hell.

s15ed4frzyyy.png
    And here's your shenanigans card of the expansion. I imagine there will be a Trolden video of someone playing this + Myra's Unstable Element in Wild.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Jesus, I'm trying this out after like 6 expansions have passed.

I can't make any traction even starting at 30. There are some bullshit cards out there.

Did they give you a free deck to play? I'm wondering what you're playing as/against at the "been gone for 2 years" level.

Did they give you a free deck to play? I'm wondering what you're playing as/against at the "been gone for 2 years" level.

Nope, because due to the patch, this feature is disabled until the expansion is out.

liEt3nH.png
    Happy pack opening day.

Banjosaur is the MVP card art this time around.

qgroja90ynkn.png

And Metrognome is the MVP pun.

The Judge wrote: »
    Happy pack opening day.
    May your space bars hold strong.

What happens if you silence your own Obsessive Fan?

5 legendaries in 65 packs

tried out chadlock but holy shit the amount of stuff aggro can do now is very silly

totem shaman with infinite board refill and freeze copying eye'sor + slamming down 0 mana totem golems on turn 3-4

pure paladin is even better now

curse implock is extremely powerful with its new toys

Ok, now I've got a decision to make...which deck to keep.

Hunter--Beasts of the Deep
    Mage--Arcane Power
    Paladin--A Legendary Invitation
    Rogue--Jackpot!
    Warlock--Impfused with Power
    Warrior--Embrace the Pain

Based on classes I seemed to prefer, probably Hunter, Mage or Warlock. Guess I'll do like it says, though...give them all a try.

Two Groovy Cats plus a third though Gorgon Zola = 7 damage hero power.

My first pack that I opened had Inzah - signature style, no less - so we are off to the races today.

emnmnme wrote: »
    I would suspect nothing. The "stealth until Fan dies" buff is going to be on the stealthed minion. Fan being silenced doesn't change anything about what happens when it dies.

I would suspect nothing. The "stealth until Fan dies" buff is going to be on the stealthed minion. Fan being silenced doesn't change anything about what happens when it dies.

Suppose so. The Fan could also be Shadowstepped, Life Sentenced, Maieve'd, etc. and I'd expect the effect stops even though the Fan is still alive. The alternative is a permastealthed minion and Blizzard wouldn't let that slide.

unholy dk with death growl on naval mine is fucking stupid as hell

Suppose so. The Fan could also be Shadowstepped, Life Sentenced, Maieve'd, etc. and I'd expect the effect stops even though the Fan is still alive. The alternative is a permastealthed minion and Blizzard wouldn't let that slide.
    Alternatively, the effect may just be a buff on Fan and silencing it will just end the effect similar to killing it off. Which would also make the effect end the same way if the Fan is returned to hand.

Okani also has a "while this is alive" stipulation. I can't say I've ever seen him silenced or shadowstepped, but I have to assume doing so before triggering him ends his counter-ability.

lmao they took the path of arthas set out of the shop

liEt3nH.png

Did they just fold those cards into the packs?

Did they just fold those cards into the packs?

no

liEt3nH.png
    LOL. Also, I had the “welcome back” bundles this morning, and now they’re gone.

edited April 2023
    The new suggested Hunter deck is going great. No one is prepared for Turn 7 Banjosaurus!

emnmnme on
  • ani_game_bumani_game_bum Optimistic, Rule-Breaking Nice Guy The Final World/DestinationRegistered User regular
    Purchased 40 packs w/ gold plus 4 freebies from the end o/t month and the preview event.

Ended up with about 50 rare (5 golden), 10 epic, 2 regular legends and a golden legend (!). About 900 in dust from cashing in the extras and the golden commons/rare.

Now we wait and see what decks/class will come out on top.

steam_sig.pngPSN: ani_game_bum Battle.net ID: Anigamebum#1354 Genshin UID: 660694297 Switch FC: SW-2127-8288-6505 Steam Wishlist
  • GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I had a really good run yesterday with a pure divine shield Paladin. Streaked from Gold 10 to Plat 5. I don’t know my exact record but I’d put it around 15-3. Things have slowed down significantly since then, as people are finding tuned decks. I’m missing some cards I think would help improve the deck but the list I have felt good.

I suspect that a mech Paladin is going to be the stronger version of the divine shield route, a lot of good neutral mechs, but gets starved for cards pretty quickly.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve