As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Image embedding broken in signatures

BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
Separately from the permission problems with accessing signature settings in our profiles, looks like signatures are no longer embedding hotlinked images correctly. Looks like they're not working for some but working for others. Seen images hosted on imgur specifically not working, but strangely, a moderator's sig hosted on imgur DOES load. Images hosted on the PA forums CDN domain DO seem to load.

edit: updated for some facts I got wrong

BahamutZERO.gif
BahamutZERO on

• Options
    TiglissTigliss Registered User regular
    Same issue, but in addition going to the signature settings gives a "permission problem" error page.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/signature

l7n41RV.png
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    Tigliss wrote: »
    Same issue, but in addition going to the signature settings gives a "permission problem" error page.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/profile/signature

Same here.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited March 2023
    Just had this happen.

Tried to embed a screenshot from imgur using their BBCode. It picked up the URL, but not the image.

Bd5sHp0l.jpg

Trying just the image as an experiment...

Bd5sHp0l.jpg

Edit: definitely working on mobile. Firefox for my desktop browser, chrome for mobile.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    Just had this happen.

Tried to embed a screenshot from imgur using their BBCode. It picked up the URL, but not the image.

Bd5sHp0l.jpg

Trying just the image as an experiment...

Bd5sHp0l.jpg

Edit: definitely working on mobile. Firefox for my desktop browser, chrome for mobile.

huh is it maybe just that the forums aren't embedding imgur links at all, signature or no?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    It seems like gifs are borked, since it's loading my imgur signatures, but only the same one, not a loop like it used to.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Some of mine embed, some don't, as you can see:

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!