As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NCAA] Basketball: Heavy is the Head that Wears the Crown

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Oh my god, that Parrish elbow. Shades of 2011 SDSU versus UCONN and the Kemba Walker flop

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    https://defector.com/owl-you-need-to-know-about-owl-mascots

This has never been more important reporting than it is right now

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Sloppy down the stretch but hell yeah buzzer beater

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    That shot was how I found out my neighbor is either 1) an FAU fan, or 2) bet a lot of money on this game

Holy fuck lmao, I have never heard such a loud anguished scream in real life before

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Can someone explain to me, an idiot, a rube, a complete moron, how every single foul went to San Diego State in the last ten minutes of that game?

I say this as someone who sees every basketball foul as a coin flip who was activating v. receiving each foul.

• Options
    San Diego State started getting a ton of offensive rebounds, as well as missed a bunch of free throws. Basically, it's easier to get called for a foul when playing defense. The more offensive rebounds you grab the longer that the other team is defending you. The fact that SDSU had 3+ trips to the free throw line where they missed but still got the rebound led to a loop of "Take shots until fouled, grab missed freethrow, repeat" for a chunk of those ten minutes. That stretch and FAU's inability to rebound shifted the game

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Glad all of you could be here to witness my greatness.

ljbb8ilbn6tb.png

I would download a car.
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Dunno if anyone else is watching this women's national championship game but boy, these refs.

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    Dunno if anyone else is watching this women's national championship game but boy, these refs.

I did and yes, I am a complete basketball idiot, but I do not know how you call a foul with absolutely no contact?

• Options
    Garbage person Kim Mulkey wins again

Hate it

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Ringo wrote: »
    Garbage person Kim Mulkey wins again

Hate it

Yeah I just googled her and that's not great

• Options
    Wait tipoff is at 6:30 PDT? The hell is it so late for, even MNF kicks at 5:20.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Carpy wrote: »
    Wait tipoff is at 6:30 PDT? The hell is it so late for, even MNF kicks at 5:20.

West Coast team baybeeeee!

(Just kidding I think it’s always been at that time)

I was in Ocean Beach (San Diego) for the semi finish and the main drag, which is already a dank-aroma’d, scuzzy, urine-soaked beach-bar street, was loud and sloppy I love it

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Can SDSU stop giving away possessions? They'd still be losing comfortably but at least it would appear to be a game

Carpy on
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    Another great SDSU tourney crushed by UConn.

Oh well, maybe in another decade or so

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    That sucked. It was a great tournament but in the end we got a school that’s won numerous times before. I was hoping for someone new and unexpected

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Three teams made the Final Four that were either in their first appearance or hadn't been there since 1970!!!! What do you want?!?!?

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited April 2023
    We want ESPN’s 2nd favorite team of rich preppy assholes (#1 is Duke) not to win

Edit: and by “team” i mean the school. I’m aware the players are often not rich preppy assholes.

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    cursedking wrote: »
    Three teams made the Final Four that were either in their first appearance or hadn't been there since 1970!!!! What do you want?!?!?

It was an excellent final four and tournament overall but it got hampered by a bad final win by the wrong team.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »

We wanted one of those other three teams to win! Not the perennial powerhouse.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Fwiw, UConn usually sucks absolute shit for 3-4 years and then is world-beating that 5th year

• Options
    Bobby Knight died

No word on whether or not he is being buried upside down.

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Threw some chairs at my basketball team out of respect.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    Standing room only at the wake I imagine

• Options
    edited November 2023
    Remember when he beat up a kid for wearing a hat

Such wacky hijinks

Actually I may have confused this with something else

There’s plenty of shit that psychotic SoB actually did

knitdan on
  • Options
    Oh yeah. He was a piece of shit mostly

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    fuck that guy

• Options
    HA HA

Kansas lost like some chumps!

• Options
    Hey

FUCK DUKE!

Hahahahaha

• Options
    Tar Heels fucked around with Georgia Tech and found out. Good for Tech, but the Heels need to bring their A game this Saturday and roast Duke

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Tar Heels rip Duke, leading for all but 16 seconds, 93-84

Kyle Filipowski is a less talented Grayson Allen out there throwing tantrums on the court. Harrison Ingram not only sends his regards (best UNC duo with Bacot tonight vs AP top 25 since Vince Carter and Antwan Jamison), but also wants you to know his sister goes to Duke and it's cool because UNC got the W

Go Heels!

Fuck Duke!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Only UNC could bookend their win over Duke with losses to Georgia Tech and Clemson (2-60 in Chapel Hill now).

• Options
    edited February 7
    UNC dug themselves into a hole, had it tied 70-all, and then failed to finish. Clemson's got weapons and they used them well. Glad the streak was already broken or this would've been a devastating loss. I'm pretty sure Brad Brownell is now officially the coach at Clemson for life or until the ACC implodes anyway.

The game at Georgia Tech didn't bother me - a lot of little things added up to a one point loss, but it didn't really show in how the Tar Heels played and left us with not much to learn from it. I *am* upset with how the Heels started and finished the game against Clemson, but unlike the GTech game, I think Clemson did enough things well that there's some very valuable game tape to study and fix things in practice. I hate the loss, but I have high hopes that it will improve this UNC team

Ringo on
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    This is going to be Kentucky’s year.

It’s been too damn long since I’ve seen one of my teams win a championship.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I do believe in Kentucky if Cal can get them out of this recent slump they have everything they need, but it's also hard to look at the Big12 and not see one of them coming out on top.

• Options
    UNC loses at Syracuse. The plan of putting Elliot Cadeau in the middle of Syracuse's zone probably would have worked better if Cadeau was six inches taller, but it wasn't bad. Honestly both the offensive and defensive schemes for UNC today seemed like a lot of stuff that had been practiced but needed refining in a game, and it clearly needs more refinement. If that's the case I can definitely understand why this would be the game you would try the new schemes in.

If that's not the case, man I dunno, cause the schemes didn't work

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Tar Heels lead wire-to-wire, doom Duke once again
    Ringo wrote: »
    Kyle Filipowski is a less talented Grayson Allen out there throwing tantrums on the court

This time Filipowski tripped Ingram at half-court. What a look!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Edgerrin James Jr, who plays for Cincinnati, goes by "Jizzle" James and is my second favorite name being called today after Wake Forest's "Boopie" Miller

Rooting for these guys!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Sure wish Kentucky could figure out if they are actually good or not.