As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Big Big Battles papercraft miniatures game :Mod approved

super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
edited February 2008 in Critical Failures
look Ma I made a miniatures game!
game-shot-1.jpg

It's got big funny looking bugs

bumble-bee.jpg

Time to color! It's like childhood without the abusive grandpa
lady-bugs.jpg
you can get the game for free at PaperCrafted.com

Let me know what you think
If you post pictures of the bugs you make, I will post them to my site.

super... on

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Could you give details on how the game is played?
    I can't get to your site from work, so I can't see any rules you may have posted there. The paper crafted bugs look neat though.

see317 on
  • Options
    super...super... __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    basically its a minis game. Here is a quick rundown of how it works

your minis are simple papercraft templates that you need to color yourself, once colored it only takes a few folds and a little glue and you have some nice little minis.

As for how the game plays its really simple but has more then a few tricks to it so it's still fun to play. it's a combination of a whole lot of concepts i have been playing with in a whole lot of other game designs.

Each player starts with a "base", the base determines what kind of army they they can take and also gives them a victory condition and even can determine how the table is set up. think of it as your force composition rules along with a scenario. Note: each player has their own base so that means different scenarios can be played against each other.

Movement
    The size and shape of each figure determine how maneuverable and fast it is. So models that are long will be faster and models that are tall will have an easy time crossing elevations. no measuring tape is used to move a figure, you just hold it's card touching it and then move the figure so that it's still touching the model. judging distances and properly maneuvering models is key to taking the advantage

Combat
    If you move a figure so that its touching and enemy figure they fight, not much in the way of ranged combat so far. each figure has a combat value on their card, each card also has a "roll" value that stands in for using dice. so you add your figures combat value to a cards roll value thats randomly picked from your hand, both combatants do this and the figure with the lower total is removed from the game.

team building
    with only three minis out so far you cant really do this yet, but I will talk about it anyway. In each game you build your team to a number of cards. each card can give you a number of of figures to put in your team. Players need balance in selecting cards because the better a figure the worse the roll on it's card will be thus making everything else in your team weaker. in this way the roll functions as both the randomizer and an bassacwards point cost mechanic. to prevent any truly hopeless situations during combat players also get an infinity card in their hand that basically makes anything able to beat anything else.

super... on
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I like your bug doodles; it looks like Okami in bug form on paper in RL :D

fadingathedges on