As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Spring into Action Figures!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    i placed an order like 3 weeks ago for the Robin 13" Deluxe figure from Final Destination because dang that's a good price. I got an e-mail today saying that there was a problem with their inventory and they can't fulfill my order (I wasn't charged)

does anyone know a good site to order from. preferably on the cheaper side

Bad Karma gave me one but i deleted the PM and don't remember the site

Garlic Bread on
  • NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    i placed an order like 3 weeks ago for the Robin 13" Deluxe figure from Final Destination because dang that's a good price. I got an e-mail today saying that there was a problem with their inventory and they can't fulfill my order (I wasn't charged)

does anyone know a good site to order from. preferably on the cheaper side

Bad Karma gave me one but i deleted the PM and don't remember the site

Keith you just need to ask.
    Keith wrote:
    Final Destination?

I want to order the 13" Robin Deluxe figure because they have it for $50, but I don't know if they're good or not.

Don't think I've heard of them. If I use an online retailer, it's usually http://www.alteregocomics.com/, though I normally just use eBay, especially for DC Direct things since the markups can get crazy on regular store sites.

If you go the eBay route, buy from eBenji. He's got practically everything, and at decent prices. Plus he's on the East coast which is a plus.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited January 2008
    see, $60 is an okay price, but then i gotta spend $8 on shipping so why not just pay the extra dollar and pick it up at a shop

which is what i'll probably end up doing

unless my shops overcharge on them

Garlic Bread on
    edited January 2008
    see, $60 is an okay price, but then i gotta spend $8 on shipping so why not just pay the extra dollar and pick it up at a shop

They'll probably charge $69.99 for it. I'd wait and see what you can find on eBay. Unless you have to get it on the day it comes out.

Bad Karma on
    edited January 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »

They'll probably charge $69.99 for it. I'd wait and see what you can find on eBay. Unless you have to get it on the day it comes out.

well yeah, they'd charge the $70 MSRP, when that one site is $69 after shipping.

I'll probably wait until my tax return to get it

Garlic Bread on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    During my comic book shopping today I picked up the DC Armory line. They were only $12.50 each and I got 15 percent off on top of that. I was just glad they actually made a figure of Aquaman in his Our Worlds at War Armor. I'm a lecherous individual so I posed Flamebird (Supergirl) and Nightwing (Power Girl) in a nice hugging pose.

ZombieAsuma on
    edited February 2008
    Well it's that time of the year again.

Toy Fair!

Though the show officially starts later today, there are plenty of pictures of some of the new items coming out in the near future.

Not much yet from DC Direct, but what's been shown looks damn good.

Joker 1:2 Scale Bust

Img1455.jpg

img1456av5.jpg

Wonder Woman 'Museum Quality Statue'

Batman and Superman being the first two to be released. Let's face it, they weren't that great. This one looks like a winner, though I don't care for the blue highlights used for the hair. Maybe there's just too many. I dunno.

Img1458.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    damn I want that joker bust

Sars_Boy on
    edited February 2008
    Woo..more pictures from DC Direct.
    Finally some better shots of the newest Green Lantern wave..

DSC01307.jpg

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01303.jpg

DSC01305.jpg

DSC01312.jpg

And shots of the Showcase Kurt Swan Superman (with alternate heads and hands) and that ugly bastard we all love, Jonah Hex.

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I am going to the Toy Fair today, and I'm planning to bring my camera. :^:

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited February 2008
    Zeromus wrote: »
    I am going to the Toy Fair today, and I'm planning to bring my camera. :^:

jerk. I want to go.

Bad Karma on
    edited February 2008
    Sorry! Get a godfather who's in the business? ;-)

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
  • Fooswashere1Fooswashere1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I just got my Zombie Spider-Man and Mary Jane Statue today and I will say it is quite awesome.
    Definetly going to be sitting in the Box till I find a good enough spot to put it.

Picture024.jpg

Fooswashere1 on
    edited February 2008
    Very nice :^::^:

Bad Karma on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My dad is at toyfair right now and I know that he isn't looking at anything DC related (other than maybe movie properties) and it makes me cry inside.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That Joker is goddamn hot.

Mr Pink on
    edited February 2008
    Just came back from the toy fair. I went to the Diamond booth, and they didn't really have a lot of new stuff, surprisingly. A nice Batman bust, and some Justice League figures that are coming out sometime soon, but that was about it. I also went to the Dark Horse and McFarlane booths; Dark Horse has some really nice statues coming out soon, including some Spirit statues and a line of "classic" DC stuff that I'll try to put some pictures up of (I grabbed their catalogue and will try to find someone with a scanner :p). The McFarlane booth let me take pictures, and I got one of a Spawn statue (but, uh, who really likes Spawn?) and some of the Halo stuff they're putting out.

There was another booth that had some cool miscellanious comic book stuff, including some nice Ninja Turtles figures, but they wouldn't let me in because I had an exhibitor's pass. Lame.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited February 2008
    More stuff!

Unfortunately, there only seems to be one new 13" figure in the bunch, in the form of a deluxe package. Supposedly the Green Lantern Corps set includes one male figure, dressed as a GL, featuring four swappable heads. Good chance to get a Hal Jordan figure without having to spend a couple hundred on the original release. He won't have his current uniform (featuring green shoulders) but what the hell.

Also new shots of Green Arrow (with a fixed feather in has cap), Bizarro (much better looking), Joker (hate the teeth, but the rest is great), and Harley Quinn.
    Img1353.jpg

Img1348.jpg

Img1344.jpg

Img1341.jpg

Img1338.jpg

New entry to the JLofA Trophy room line..

Img1500.jpg

and Secret Files Series 3 Batman Rogues Gallery 2 (phew)

Img1283.jpg

Bad Karma on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't know if this stuff is new or old or whatever, but Super Hero Squad Planet Hulk is ridiculous and I want some now.
    hulksuperherosquadplanevu5.jpg

Marvel Legends Ult WWII Cap and Ult Nick Fury Two Pack

"Might Muggs"

DouglasDanger on
  • ZombieAsumaZombieAsuma Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I think I'd probably end up wearing that Superman cape and belt to work everyday if I bought it. Seeing that new Secret Files Batman Rogues line makes me RE-curse myself for never buying the Black Mask figure from I think series 1. Does anyone know anywhere still selling that thing?

ZombieAsuma on
    edited February 2008
    You could ask Ebay, or google.

Seriously though, sometimes I can find old discontinued stuff just sitting on the shelf at Suncoast for like 5 bucks. It is how I got Lobster Johnson.

DouglasDanger on
    edited February 2008
    The Secret Files Three Batman Rogues Gallery Two Special Edition TEAM GO...

Are those the same scale as DC Direct? Because that Two-Face looks good, and would look even more gooder next to my Joker and Scarecrow.

Mr Pink on
    edited February 2008
    I think I'd probably end up wearing that Superman cape and belt to work everyday if I bought it. Seeing that new Secret Files Batman Rogues line makes me RE-curse myself for never buying the Black Mask figure from I think series 1. Does anyone know anywhere still selling that thing?

You can still find plenty on eBay for cheap.
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    The Secret Files Three Batman Rogues Gallery Two Special Edition TEAM GO...

Are those the same scale as DC Direct? Because that Two-Face looks good, and would look even more gooder next to my Joker and Scarecrow.

All of those are from DC Direct.

Bad Karma on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That joker bust is waiting to come alive and kill you while you sleep.

PantheraOnca on
    edited February 2008
    Marvel Super Hero Squad is so amazing. I think I need to buy some of these.

DouglasDanger on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2008
    Marvel Super Hero Squad is so amazing. I think I need to buy some of these.

they are really the perfect price for me

I can't really justify spending more than twenty bucks on something unless I'm going to be able to find some use for it

hence my overlarge collection of HeroClix

DJ Eebs on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The Super Hero Squad stuff is really nice - especially since it's the same scale as the Starwars Galactic Heroes and the Transformers line. There's an Indiana Jones line coming out too. My son has a bunch of the SW and Spidey ones. The (movie based) Doc Oc and Sandman ones are especially cool.

Lindsay Lohan on
    edited February 2008
    I have seen that Flame On Human Torch and Silver Surfer going for like 50 bucks though. 10 bucks I could do, because I really want that Silver Surfer! I have the Marvel Mini-mates Silver Surfer, but the paint is coming off of his head.

DouglasDanger on
  • Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Zombie Spider-Man and Mary Jane Statue
    Want.

Torso Boy on
  • Fooswashere1Fooswashere1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I saw it at my comic book store and immediately put it in my box. One month later after I got enough cash it was mine. One of the best things I have ever bought at a comic book store hands down. (still waiting for my Marvel Zombies Lunch Box)

Fooswashere1 on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I have seen that Flame On Human Torch and Silver Surfer going for like 50 bucks though. 10 bucks I could do, because I really want that Silver Surfer! I have the Marvel Mini-mates Silver Surfer, but the paint is coming off of his head.

It's really going for that much on ebay? Because unless you mean something else it's $10 on Amazon right now.

I'm not a collector or anything, but I saw these in a store and they honestly made me laugh. I was half thinking about buying this set, but I don't particularly want the silver surfer.

werehippy on
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    More stuff!

and Secret Files Series 3 Batman Rogues Gallery 2 (phew)

Img1283.jpg

I am loving that Two-Face.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
    edited February 2008
    werehippy wrote: »

It's really going for that much on ebay? Because unless you mean something else it's $10 on Amazon right now.

I'm not a collector or anything, but I saw these in a store and they honestly made me laugh. I was half thinking about buying this set, but I don't particularly want the silver surfer.

Maybe I was too exhausted or something, but I swear I saw that set for 79.99 somewhere. Maybe someone screwed up their decimal place.

DouglasDanger on
    edited February 2008
    Awesome Sideshow Collectibles news...

Unfortunately Sideshow isn't at Toy Fair this year, but instead they're rolling out a lot of new items for order this week.

Now there have been some great that have gone up for sale...there's Gandalf, Indiana Jones (new license), and even Obi-Wan in his Clone Wars digs (finally)...

But...those aren't even the best of them..

First up, a remake of an item that has eluded my grasp for a long time...The Samaritan, this time for Hellboy II: The Golden Army. Visually, the gun is more or less the same as the original, but, this time around she's made of metal and wood, unlike the original which was all polystone.

Last but not least, at a whopping $700, the Iron Man Life Size bust. Light up eyes folks..light up eyes.

Videos Here!

I am now broke once again.

Bad Karma on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Oh man that Indiana Jones is awesome, but that Iron Man...

Now I just need to figure out how to justify $700

smokmnky on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »

Stop smoking,

Bloods End on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    smokmnky wrote: »

Stop smoking,

I don't smoke...

smokmnky on
    edited February 2008
    New DC Universe figures!!

IMG_4468.jpg

IMG_4454.jpg

Finally some cool DC stuff I can get for my godson. (and maybe me...)

IMG_4197.jpg

Look how badass Hawkman is. He's all like.."yeah, you'll snuggle with me, or I'll bash your face in with a mace. "

There's also a new line of "collect them all" figures coming out called "DC Universe - Infinite Heroes." They're smaller scale, more akin to the old Super Powers figures. Supergirl needs a nose job.

More Pictures Here

There's also the new Dark Knight figures here.

Mattel is really taking Hasbro over its knee with these figures.

Bad Karma on
    edited February 2008
    That Black Adam is looking a little bulgy...

But I'll still get one.

And is the one with the white hair and glasses supposed to be Gordon?

Mr Pink on
This discussion has been closed.